The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #26
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

I just want a reboot to be honest. I'd be happy with it to had started with First Class.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #27
Angamb
Banned User

Fox have many years to keep developing the evolution of the team, since the 60's to the 80's, adding more x-men from original comics like Polaris, Sunfire, and end with young Scott, Jean and later Storm to use them for two sequels if they want it.

They have a good cast and it can go better, so....

we dont need to worry too much, with Matthew, Jane and Singer on board.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #28
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Agreed, and they have already destroyed their timeline as far as Im concerned.

As long as the next film works on its own and within the FC universe. I personally could care
less how the film relates to the other films. But thats just me.
It crossed my mind that if they did introduce Rachel, and she explained her parentage and their significance, that it could be the thing that prompts Xavier to find Scott and Jean and to ensure that he didn't go down the road of suppressing Jean's powers (which led ultimately to her death).

But that may seem a bit 'artificial' for some people.

It does, however, allow the bringing in of Scott and Jean and Xavier not putting in the mind blocks this time.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #29
Angamb
Banned User

good idea, definetly

I really want to see a future sequel with young Scott and Jean, along with the first class x-men. It can be such a special x-men movie, without doubt.

And if the movie has a strong boxoffice, would love to see Fox continuing with them in another sequel, at least, and finish the franchise connecting the last sequel to X1, if case they wanna close it this way, with Havok, Banshee and Beast leaving the team for different reasons.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

I`d like to see Polaris, Sunfire and ThunderBird join up with the X-Men in the sequel.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #31
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPlaYa View Post
I`d like to see Polaris, Sunfire and ThunderBird join up with the X-Men in the sequel.
YESS!!!!

And if they dont want three new x-men, at least show Thunderbird in a cameo, like a nod to the 60's comics.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #32
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Who's confirmed to be in the film next year?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #33
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'd like a new girl in the X-Men roster. Maybe Armour. She'd fill a female role as well as a multi-cultural one because it's all a bit too white american right now.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It crossed my mind that if they did introduce Rachel, and she explained her parentage and their significance, that it could be the thing that prompts Xavier to find Scott and Jean and to ensure that he didn't go down the road of suppressing Jean's powers (which led ultimately to her death).

But that may seem a bit 'artificial' for some people.

It does, however, allow the bringing in of Scott and Jean and Xavier not putting in the mind blocks this time.
Yeah, that could work . I def think there are ways she could be added if the studio wanted to use her.

What new characters do you want to see with the DOFP possibility?

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Yeah, that could work . I def think there are ways she could be added if the studio wanted to use her.

What new characters do you want to see with the DOFP possibility?
Well, Rachel could work if it was also used as a way to bring in Scott and Jean, as I mentioned above. But that depends if they are using physical time travel in the story.

Fantomex is tricky, as far as I am concerned. He's part of a supersoldier program similar to the one that created Wolverine; his powers etc are a bit weird (illusion projection + three brains + a skilled marksman); and his codename isn't understandable (is it from Phantom X? or what?).

We should not include any of the New Mutants as they may get their own film, so that rules out a few.

Dazzler is a possible choice, but more linked to the disco scene of the 70s than the music of the 60s.

In terms of closeness to the early comics, there is Polaris, Sunfire and Thunderbird. But each has disadvantages. Polaris has similar powers to Magneto and unless the father-daughter (or one of them thinking they are related to the other) is made part of the story, it is duplication. Sunfire has similar energy-blasting powers to Havok. Thunderbird has unexciting powers.

Similarly, there is some duplication between Storm and Riptide, so Riptide has to go if we are to get Storm.

I think it's best to look at it from a view of what do they bring to the story that is new and useful.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #36
def28
Side-Kick

Not enough known right now to judge fully on the story and what they are doing but I think with a darker story line and future in DOFP, having more violent characters would be the better option. Just talking characters we havnt seen yet. Cable, Domino, Fantomex (yeah its said like Phantom X) and Psylocke could all work imo. Yeah you couldnt go into backstory on Fantomex. They rarely do with chracters anyways and his story and birth with The World is even more confusing. They could just say Weapon PLus or Weapon XIII if they want to allude to anything.

Sunfire could be cool and moving to the future could set up Mags having daughters if they want to keep that tie with Polaris. Like you said without the connection shes just a duplication of powers without explanation. In a violent world/future, having violent characters good or bad would make the most sense to me.

With Dazzler the disco thing depends on when FC2 takes place, adding her to the film would not just be beacuse of her genre of music but more for the fact she could be a celebrity and later be discovered as a mutant. Since she can kinda manipulate sound and her shows, being a lil a head of the music scene would make sense to me. Having her be the start of the disco music scene could work.

I really think any character could be added with what we know at this point haha. Thunderbird is the one I just dont get. Paying tribute to an earlier time of comics with a character who was in like three issues is a bit lost on me, and in a film version of DOFP that makes less sense.It would be cool to have a Native American but Warpath would just seem the better option to me. I had no idea Thunderbird had a fanbase. Thats cool if people want him Im not talking ****, I just dont get the appeal or reasoning. I dont think the character ever did much but get killed quick.

Last edited by def28; 06-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #37
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Fantomex should be in Wolverine in my opinion...

Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #38
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Fantomex should be in Wolverine in my opinion...
I dont see how he would fit into the Japanese story. Wouldnt be against it and want to see that character on screen, but how do you see him fitting in there?

I could see Psylocke cause she has history with Wolv,Japan and the hand but not Fantomex. Only similarities are the Weapon plus program which I dont think The Wolverine will go back into and since Fantomex was created in the world thats kind of a whole different thing to explain.

Last edited by def28; 06-11-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #39
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

A left field choice but I think Pete Wisdom would be cool. His a British spy almost like the mutant Nick Fury.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #40
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I dont see how he would fit into the Japanese story. Wouldnt be against it and want to see that character on screen, but how do you see him fitting in there?

I could see Psylocke cause she has history with Wolv,Japan and the hand but not Fantomex. Only similarities are the Weapon plus program which I dont think The Wolverine will go back into and since Fantomex was created in the world thats kind of a whole different thing to explain.
I'm not overly keen on Fantomex appearing in the First Class films. He's too hi-tech and he's too like Wolverine and his name is silly (why did he choose that? It doesn't come from anything at all). He's basically Wolverine crossed with Gambit and Mastermind, with a mask that has the same psi-blocking effect as Magneto's helmet.

He belongs perhaps in the Deadpool movie, if not in a further Wolverine movie ('Wolverine: Weapon X'???) after this next one.

Psylocke could work, I guess. Which version? Which of her many powers?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:58 PM   #41
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Not enough known right now to judge fully on the story and what they are doing but I think with a darker story line and future in DOFP, having more violent characters would be the better option. Just talking characters we havnt seen yet. Cable, Domino, Fantomex (yeah its said like Phantom X) and Psylocke could all work imo. Yeah you couldnt go into backstory on Fantomex. They rarely do with chracters anyways and his story and birth with The World is even more confusing. They could just say Weapon PLus or Weapon XIII if they want to allude to anything.
Depends if the story stays in the future for any length of time, or whether any characters come from the future and stick around.

Quote:
Sunfire could be cool and moving to the future could set up Mags having daughters if they want to keep that tie with Polaris. Like you said without the connection shes just a duplication of powers without explanation. In a violent world/future, having violent characters good or bad would make the most sense to me.
Depends if we stay in a violent future, or if the main stories remain in the 60s.

Quote:
With Dazzler the disco thing depends on when FC2 takes place, adding her to the film would not just be beacuse of her genre of music but more for the fact she could be a celebrity and later be discovered as a mutant. Since she can kinda manipulate sound and her shows, being a lil a head of the music scene would make sense to me. Having her be the start of the disco music scene could work.
I'd like to see her at some point. The 70s disco scene seems a good place. But as long as there is music involved, i'm okay. She would be best depicted originating as a singer, not just some chick who turns sound to light.

Quote:
I really think any character could be added with what we know at this point haha. Thunderbird is the one I just dont get. Paying tribute to an earlier time of comics with a character who was in like three issues is a bit lost on me, and in a film version of DOFP that makes less sense.It would be cool to have a Native American but Warpath would just seem the better option to me. I had no idea Thunderbird had a fanbase. Thats cool if people want him Im not talking ****, I just dont get the appeal or reasoning. I dont think the character ever did much but get killed quick.
I agree Thunderbird would be fan-service at best. He doesn't do much except die and his powers aren't too exciting.

There are other Native Americans if they choose. Forge. Talisman. Mirage. Warpath. (Probably best to leave Snowbird - who i'd love to see on screen- and Shaman for if/when they ever tackle Alpha Flight)

Forge would be great if they need an inventor.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #42
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

In Days of future Past the one new character In future should be Forge.He can help
with time travel plotline.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #43
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd like to see her at some point. The 70s disco scene seems a good place. But as long as there is music involved, i'm okay. She would be best depicted originating as a singer, not just some chick who turns sound to light.
Definitely. If they wont do the singer thing in some way then dont even use her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
In Days of future Past the one new character In future should be Forge.He can help
with time travel plotline.
Vaughn said the character could go toe to toe with Mags. Thats not Forge. I could def seem him being used though. If they do dofp wouldnt that consist of many new characters? I dont see how he could have been teeling the truth regardless of what story for FC2 they go with. More X men are needed either way.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #44
roach
I am the night

i'd prefer some of the older X-men.....
Polaris, since we have Havok
Mimic
Blob
Avalanche

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #45
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

They really need to add at least one, if not two or three female members to the X-team. Don't want it to become just a boys club.

I'd prefer Storm, Jean Grey, and maybe Polaris but that may be a bit much to introduce in the second film.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #46
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not overly keen on Fantomex appearing in the First Class films. He's too hi-tech and he's too like Wolverine and his name is silly (why did he choose that? It doesn't come from anything at all). He's basically Wolverine crossed with Gambit and Mastermind, with a mask that has the same psi-blocking effect as Magneto's helmet.

He belongs perhaps in the Deadpool movie, if not in a further Wolverine movie ('Wolverine: Weapon X'???) after this next one.

Psylocke could work, I guess. Which version? Which of her many powers?
All the characters have silly code names. Fantomex sounds pretty ****ing cool to me. I am a geek though haha. His name comes from Fantomas whos an old school french crime character and the ex Im guessing is since hes weapon XIII and part of the X men world. His name is perefct reference to who he is as a character. Hes a faux french thief, and resembles a character from the French Film Diabolik who is also based on Fantomas. Makes perfect sense why he would choose that name. Eva comes from the same reference as well I believe.

Based on that alone I think hes perfect for any movie that needs a bad ass thief/kick ass character. Espeically with Vaughns backgorund and style. Hes also imo one of the most interesting written X characters in quite sometime. The Morrison run was kinda meh on explaining the character but Rick Remenders take is some of the best the X books have seen in over a decade. Complex awesome character. Have you read The Dark Angel Saga? If not I couldnt recommend it more. He would work great in a more violent X men setting or a stylized 60s imo. Since the core of his characters is similar to french 60s films, I would just cut the weird complicated origins and he would fit fine.

As far as him in a Deadpool movie, sure why not. Dont see why he would pop up unless they connected him to the Workshop somehow, or someone had Wade hired to kill him. Im all for it either way.

With Psylocke def would prefer starting with Asian Betsy. Love to see a backstory but I dont think that will ever happen. Id give her the psiblades and telepathy.Also give her the psi butterfly effect on screen so there is a consistency when she uses her powers. If shes in DOFP it would be cool if she had her crimnson dawn tatoo but I would like her to be on team Wolverine even though that goes against her character in that storyline quite a bit. I thnk shes working with Emma frost and Hellfire in that storyline. So I would change that. Always prefer her as a hero so I would like to see her first apperance either introduced that way or swittching sides. So in the end shes good. Just my preference I know its a bit different and probably not too realistic for how she will be adapted. In the Wolverine its pretty easy to add her into any situation involving the hand. Logan and her have had a few missions there together.

Fantomex and Psylocke are my two favorite characters in the current run so I am a bit biased with wanting to see them.

Last edited by def28; 06-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #47
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
All the characters have silly code names. Fantomex sounds pretty ****ing cool to me. I am a geek though haha. His name comes from Fantomas whos an old school french crime character and the ex Im guessing is since hes weapon XIII and part of the X men world. His name is perefct reference to who he is as a character. Hes a faux french thief, and resembles a character from the French Film Diabolik who is also based on Fantomas. Makes perfect sense why he would choose that name. Eva comes from the same reference as well I believe.
Most codenames describe powers or origins, and they make sense. As we saw in the 'pick a name' sequence in First Class.

Fantomex is a far less obvious a choice of name. But I guess they could say 'He calls himself Fantomex after a famous French thief' and hope the audience accepted it.

Quote:
Based on that alone I think hes perfect for any movie that needs a bad ass thief/kick ass character. Espeically with Vaughns backgorund and style. Hes also imo one of the most interesting written X characters in quite sometime. The Morrison run was kinda meh on explaining the character but Rick Remenders take is some of the best the X books have seen in over a decade. Complex awesome character. Have you read The Dark Angel Saga? If not I couldnt recommend it more. He would work great in a more violent X men setting or a stylized 60s imo. Since the core of his characters is similar to french 60s films, I would just cut the weird complicated origins and he would fit fine.
Right. He's obviously a favourite of yours. What powers would he have for the big screen?

Old 06-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #48
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Most codenames describe powers or origins, and they make sense. As we saw in the 'pick a name' sequence in First Class.

Fantomex is a far less obvious a choice of name. But I guess they could say 'He calls himself Fantomex after a famous French thief' and hope the audience accepted it.
Right. He's obviously a favourite of yours. What powers would he have for the big screen?
Thats not not always the case with characters and that scene to me in FC came off as a fairly goofy. I personally see no problem in it. If someone was obssesd with creating a fake french persona and happened to be a thief as well the name makes sense. The name reflects his origin. Nobody would have to call him Fantomex. Some characters code names dont even get mentioned. I think that would be a mistake not calling him that but again just my opinion.

For powers Misdirection and enhanced ability with combat and weapons. This series has zero solid fighters besides Azazel. Which makes the action limited imo.

Id like to see EVA but I can understand why they would cut her.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #49
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Definitely would like to see a new female character for the X-team. The only downside is that it will probably be an open invitation to also insert some silly teenage romance. Not that I'm against romance, but as far as superhero movies go I can't think of many that I actually like.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #50
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

For X-Men?
Polaris, Sunfire or Thunderbird.

For villains maybe Mimic.

Supermanreturns is offline   Reply With Quote