Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #26
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Default Re: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. cartoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
Eliza Dushku will voice She-Hulk:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1223159p1.html
My excitement has risen considerably. Can't wait to see who voices Skaar!

Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #27
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Really great news all around. I'm just glad that I believe Marvel Entertainment has found the right formula that works for Hulk. Now if they can only get Bruce Banner correct.

I have a good feeling about Agents of S.M.A.S.H. I am a big Hulk fan that still can find room to enjoy the other gamma irradiated family members and friends.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #28
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

I heard an ugly rumor that this show will be more directed to children much like Ultimate Spider-Man. This would extremely suck for me. They need to keep the movie feel or EMH's level but slightly darker or grittier IMO.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #29
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

I think Disney wants all of the toons aimed at kids. Which is not surprising do to the stigma of toons in american being either adult comedies or little kids toons.

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #30
THUNDERSTRIKE
WHEN YOU GOTTA GO...

yeah, the rumors that all Marvel toons from now on will be kiddified for a juvenile audience is true...

and with Quesada and Loeb in charge, expect this to be another pile of horses**t just like the Ultimate Spidey cartoon...

so if you're expecting a quality Hulk animated, then don't hold your breath...

and then again, maybe you SHOULD, seeing how this steaming pile of crap is going to seriously reek once it's served up...

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #31
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Which is dumb when you think of the success of animated shows like the maturer Dragonball Z and Rurōni Kenshin that were aimed at kids and adults alike.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #32
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Gamma Ra have you ever ****ing actually watched DBZ or even Dragon Ball?

Goku was mystified why his new friend Bulma didn't have testicles to rest his head on like his grandfather.

DBZ, I mean look I love DBZ, but at times it's got some of the stupidest, goofiest most inexplicable **** ever. The show has plot holes you can drive a truck through. But generally I just shrug and go with it.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #33
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Can we really be upset that they are aiming their cartoons at kids? Kids watch cartoons and then beg for the toys. If we are lucky, the toons will make them want to become comic boOk readers

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #34
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick

I hope this show is not as dumb as the new Ultimate Spiderman show. Put considering who is behind it my expectations are low. As usual I'll watch the first few episodes. I really think a effort could be made to makes shows appeal to kids and adults. AEMH did this pretty well so did the last FF show imo. Btw these new shows are to get kids into comics? At the expense of the older fans? Can the kids spend $4 per issue and buy expensive movie tickets?

Last edited by Thor The Mighty; 05-31-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #35
THUNDERSTRIKE
WHEN YOU GOTTA GO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor The Mighty View Post
I hope this show is not as dumb as the new Ultimate Spiderman show. Put considering who is behind it my expectations are low. As usual I'll watch the first few episodes. I really think a effort could be made to makes shows appeal to kids and adults. AEMH did this pretty well so did the last FF show imo. Btw these new shows are to get kids into comics? At the expense of the older fans? Can the kids spend $4 per issue and buy expensive movie tickets?
guaranteed this show WILL be just a dumbed-down and as kiddified as USM... it's one of Loeb and Quesadilla's babies... with them in charge, are you honestly expecting a quality product?... NOT!...

and once the second season of Avengers EMH ends and production starts up on new version of Avengers, that'll be headed down the same road as well, since the dynamic dimbulbs are in charge of THAT, as well...

they just don't give a s**t about the older fans... they and Disney are and will be aiming for the kiddie audience for the forseeable future...

Old 06-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #36
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

You'd think that since Loeb had a hand in the actual stories that this show is based on that he'd try and be more respectful. The comic stuff had some dark moments that wouldn't appeal to kids

Old 06-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #37
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I haven't seen any I the second season of Avengers. I watche the first season and Wolverinr and the X-Men, and enjoyed both, but I don't have Disney xd anymore, just plain Disney. I personally just don't see the problem with aiming these cartoons at kids. I got married last year, and plan to start having kids in a year or two. I am really hoping that there is something readily available to introduce them to the characters I also grew up on.

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #38
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Gamma Ra have you ever ****ing actually watched DBZ or even Dragon Ball?

Goku was mystified why his new friend Bulma didn't have testicles to rest his head on like his grandfather.

DBZ, I mean look I love DBZ, but at times it's got some of the stupidest, goofiest most inexplicable **** ever. The show has plot holes you can drive a truck through. But generally I just shrug and go with it.
WOW...I can't believe I missed this one...I own every DBZ and GT episodes and have watched them multiple times. I don't have every Dragon Ball episode yet....but Dragon Ball, I must admit, was far more perverted than DBZ, but the Japanese show was still a big hit with kids not only in Japan but...WORLDWIDE...testicles, violence and all. Check the facts out yourself.

Not every country measures it's 'moral' and 'ethical' standards with the same stick the US does.

But I'm not talking testicles and/or violence. I'm talking maturer stories. If you take away the sexual suggestions and tone down the violence...the Dragon Ball world is still quality story telling.

Last edited by Gamma Ra; 06-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Gamma Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #39
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

More on the show: http://www.tvguide.com/news/exclusiv...s-1048788.aspx

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #40
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Cool!

Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #41
THUNDERSTRIKE
WHEN YOU GOTTA GO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post

I have absolutely NO faith or hope in this project with those two imbeciles in charge, or ANY project that involves the two of them, for that matter...

Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #42
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #43
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

I knew they would use the art of Ed Mcguinness in the cartoon, I was very sure

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

The only complaint so far from me is that She-Hulk is so small compared to everyone else...girls watch this stuff, too. This is why I love The Super Hero Squad Show so much...it has Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel and Enchantress driving the plotlines of multiple episodes. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a a HUGE hit while also having really good plotlines and usage of female characters so why do they persist in thinking that only boys matter?

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
Gamma Ra
Your - Mr. Nice Guy

The art is cool as I like the McGuinness style, but please I hope it's not a kiddie style show and they need to get Greg Pak, Peter David, Christopher Yost and Jeff Parker in as writers of the episodes.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #46
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That's not the actual animation ericadawn16. In the test I saw she looked pretty buff.

ericadawn16, we know She-Hulk is in the show and who knows we could also see She-Rulk and Lyra as well. Why don't you actually watch the show and see what happens first?

Even in new Thundercats it was mostly just Cheetara for the most part until they added Pumyra.

Like it or not ericadawn16, this is a boy's show and usually it will be mostly boys in the club.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #47
r0derix
Side-Kick

Quote:
ericadawn16, we know She-Hulk is in the show and who knows we could also see She-Rulk and Lyra as well. Why don't you actually watch the show and see what happens first?

Even in new Thundercats it was mostly just Cheetara for the most part until they added Pumyra.

Like it or not ericadawn16, this is a boy's show and usually it will be mostly boys in the club.
Yeah you're right man. I hate strong female characters too. I also enjoy my females only being objects of desire and damsels in distress as well.

r0derix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #48
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's not the actual animation ericadawn16. In the test I saw she looked pretty buff.

I know, right? It's not like we have uber-successful shows that feature female leads or even *gasp* a MAIN female character, right?

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #49
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

As long as her breasts are still green then I'll be fine

Old 06-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #50
strugler
Hadoken

Some not too great news regarding this show:

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/...men-tv-series/

(but the rest of the news the article reveals are AWESOME sauce if true)

strugler is offline   Reply With Quote