Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #101
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
So what, yes, it's true, but EMH was always a better show and it also had a positive and welcoming response from both fans and ga, unlike the atrocity that is USM.
It's a show that no one is watching. So obviously not such a welcoming response from the GA unlike Ultimate Spider-Man.

- CM Punk
Old 06-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #102
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
It's a show that no one is watching. So obviously not such a welcoming response from the GA unlike Ultimate Spider-Man.
Uhuh, try to say the same thing in the faces of 10000 Tumblr and different message board fans of EMH series, lol) Perhaps, the big lack of the viewers can be also connected with the availability of the episodes on the net even faster, than on the Dinsey XD itself (especially with the last episodes of Season 1 and now the 2nd half of Season 2).

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 06-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #103
r0derix
Side-Kick

Do we have actual ratings data for EMH? Marvel finally released the USM ratings data but I don't believe they released it for EMH. My guess is it's better than USM, but Marvel can't highlight that if they are gonna cancel it.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #104
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
Do we have actual ratings data for EMH? Marvel finally released the USM ratings data but I don't believe they released it for EMH. My guess is it's better than USM, but Marvel can't highlight that if they are gonna cancel it.
Exactly, the only official word on the subject (EMH's ratings), that we've got, was from Marvel's own Agent M (Ryan Penagos), who said that it would've been great if only more and more people were watching the Avengers show.

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #105
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
Uhuh, try to say the same thing in the faces of 10000 Tumblr and different message board fans of EMH series, lol) Perhaps, the big lack of the viewers can be also connected with the availability of the episodes on the net even faster, than on the Dinsey XD itself (especially with the last episodes of Season 1 and now the 2nd half of Season 2).
Hardcore fans are loud but they are not numerous in this case. 1000 Tumblers is nothing. Ashton Kutcher has like millions of followers on Twitter.

Power Rangers Samurai which adult fans ***** about the quality of all the time averages millions of viewers on Nickelodeon.

Sounds like to me the numbers are so low they don't want to report the numbers.

- CM Punk
Old 06-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #106
xeno000
Raining hell from above

What are USM's rating like? I checked the top 100 Cable sows on tvbythenumbers.com and USM didn't make the list. Nothing on Disney XD or any other Disney channel broke into the top 100, BTW.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #107
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Hardcore fans are loud but they are not numerous in this case. 1000 Tumblers is nothing. Ashton Kutcher has like millions of followers on Twitter.

Power Rangers Samurai which adult fans ***** about the quality of all the time averages millions of viewers on Nickelodeon.

Sounds like to me the numbers are so low they don't want to report the numbers.
Can you give a link to a site with the actual ratings figures for both EMH and USM? I think we would all be interested in seeing the hard data, especially since it's so difficult to come by.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #108
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a show that no one is watching.
Do you have a reliable source on that?

After all, if you were willing to hound and criticize the insiders that delivered us CORRECT information on the Avengers cartoons because of a lack of source, shouldn't you be held to the same standards?

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #109
OB12
Side-Kick

Again, what are the actual numbers for USM? If they have released them, then I missed that, but all I've heard is that USM is doing good as a quote from Loeb and MoA. Forgive me for being skeptical of that source.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #110
strugler
Hadoken

Marveltvnews reveals some reassuring news regarding the show. The website that revealed "avengers assemble" months before its announced also claims that hulk and the agents of smash will suck

http://www.marveltvnews.com/2012/06/...men-tv-series/

Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #111
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
It's a show that no one is watching.
Quite a general comment. You obviously are not to fussed about the cancellation of this. This is in no way a rude comment, as everyone has their individual opinion, but what did you have against the show?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strugler
Marveltvnews reveals some reassuring news regarding the show. The website that revealed "avengers assemble" months before its announced also claims that hulk and the agents of smash will suck

Be happy that it isn't in the same universe as USM. My hopes have been lifted.

Last edited by Hawkingbird; 06-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #112
THUNDERSTRIKE
COLBCHELLA, GODDAMMIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugler View Post

wow... what a VERY interesting and revealing bit of news...

gonna need some time to completely digest all of this...

but the one thing that REALLY gets me is the Marvel plants that will be at their animation panels at comic cons who will be high-praising the USM cartoon as a diversion...

what a sneaky bunch of lowlife bastards...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
S'melya, her suckup, and Sleech, an ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

TYALYZE
Old 06-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #113
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Quite a general comment. You obviously are not to fussed about the cancellation of this. This is in no way a rude comment, as everyone has their individual opinion, but what did you have against the show?

Be happy that it isn't in the same universe as USM. My hopes have been lifted.
I have nothing against the show. I love the show. I'm just not a whiny fanboy/fangirl hater like a lot of other people. Here we had a really good show that had a nice run. Then we have other good shows that struggle, literally struggle to get this far. Look at new Thundercats, MOTU 200x, Wolverine and The X-Men. I'm simply happy that such a high quality Marvel animated series got this good of a run.

To me doing a new show that takes cues from the movies is good business since the haters aren't willing to admit the current series did not do that well in the ratings.

- CM Punk
Old 06-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #114
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
To me doing a new show that takes cues from the movies is good business since the haters aren't willing to admit the current series did not do that well in the ratings.
they should cancel ultimate spider-man then to make a show more like the new movie right? good business and all

Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #115
strugler
Hadoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
they should cancel ultimate spider-man then to make a show more like the new movie right? good business and all
LOL Good point sir!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #116
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
they act like EMH wasn't highly influenced by the movies lol
This. The only thing different really is Thors wordrobe, everything else is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #117
Jess
Side-Kick

I'll admit I've watched the show all 100% via online so far mainly due to not having Disney XD. The accessibility of programming just isn't as easy with 24 hour networks and there crazy scheduling as it was back in the Fox Kids and Kids WB days. As a kid I think I knew their schedules by heart.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #118
Pep
Side-Kick

Assuming any of this is true and MAA isn't going to be set in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man, why not have it set in the same universe as EMH and bring back the voice cast and treat it like a soft reboot? Yeah, it won't really appease fans, but it will at least reduce the outrage being thrown at them even if by a little. If it winds up being bad, people can still just ignore it.

New X-Men cartoon would be nice though... hopefully by the time they get to it they'll have gone through enough trial and error to put out a superior product.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #119
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Although I love this movie, I really do wish it just stayed as a movie. It seems to be influencing everything, including the comics.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #120
Casius--J
Web Master

Ok after reading that article from Marveltvnews I feel encouraged now and I'm back in lol.

As long as it has nothing to do with USM and they deliver on the cutting edge animation then it should be a nice replacement for EMH.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:45 AM   #121
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if they did at some point. Amazing Spider-Man hasn't even come out yet though.

Why shouldn't the movies influence the cartoons?
Quote:
Assuming any of this is true and MAA isn't going to be set in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man, why not have it set in the same universe as EMH and bring back the voice cast and treat it like a soft reboot? Yeah, it won't really appease fans, but it will at least reduce the outrage being thrown at them even if by a little. If it winds up being bad, people can still just ignore it.
Why? It's a new show. It's a new creative team. Why should it have to be shackled by an older albeit great series? The fans are going to get over it and watch it regardless or not watch. All the cartoons are likely targeting a boys 6-11 demographic anyway.

- CM Punk
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #122
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Wow that was very interesting, everyone should be happy now and from what I have read, I believe every word the article says and it makes sense. Everything will be good from now on.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #123
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
Wow that was very interesting, everyone should be happy now and from what I have read, I believe every word the article says and it makes sense. Everything will be good from now on.
Good for you kiddo...

Old 06-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #124
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
That's not a niave thing to say or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #125
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

whoa guys back up a minute here I am not naive. Anyways I can believe this due to the fact that negative comments come from everywhere and every social media and even to the point it reached IGN that is a very popular site. Changes have to be made. We will see in the comic con and if what we see is good then it's all good. Its understandable to be skeptical about it cause of ultimate spider-man, so for us "seeing to believing", but from what I have read it sounds very likely to be the real deal but we will see, my mind is open.

Closed Thread