The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #76
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,069
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I can see the script now

Superman hands the cat over to the little girl. He turns to the crowd and gives them a smile, a SUPER smile. His shiny white teeth sparkle, stunning the citizens at how white his teeth are. They trust him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post


I think there are ways of showing how he's different to other heroes in the way he makes people feel safe, without going ultra cheesy.

I mean, just saying the line 'It's okay, your safe now' in Superman's calming voice, would be magic to me.
lol; well something like the smile that BR gave Parker Posey's character after having saved her from uncontrollable car ordeal was what I was going for.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #77
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Nahhhh, that smile was forced. He couldn't stand the woman. What kind of a Superman fake smiles at people? A BAAAAAAAAD SUPERMAN! WITH A BAAAAAAAAD FAKE SMILE!

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #78
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

I've been thinking of how they can probably make Supes more relatable, or at least understandable.

Everybody says
¨Oh, Superman's just a boyscout¨

That can be explained by Clark/Superman wanting to appease everybody, afraid of doing the wrong thing. Since he was a child, Clark was raised by the best parents you can ask for...so it's understandable that he wants to uphold his image of being the good son in his parents eyes, especially after Jonathan's death. It shows why he always does the right thing, and why he's reluctant and afraid of doing something wrong...Not about being a goody two shoes just cause he see's things in black and white, but because he doesn't want to let down his parents, and the world too. He's afraid of becoming anything other than good person in peoples eyes, he wants to appease others and reassure himself at the same time, I think that's a trait we can relate to.

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #79
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

nah......I'd rather Clark/Superman be a nice person and do good because that's the way he was raised + inherent goodness, rather than him trying to up live up to an image or parental expectations.

The latter adds an ulterior motive and thus makes his actions and intentions seem less genuine.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #80
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 10,868
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

No one will be calling him a boyscout when they've seen him throwing a few punches, or hanging out bearded and gruff looking in Alaska.

He only gets called a boyscout because the image of Superman people have is this guy who's smiling and waving at the camera, spouting lines that literally sound like boyscout mottos.

It's not his 'goodness' that's the problem, so his motives for being a good person really don't need to be altered.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #81
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

^ yeah. let other heroes have "motives" and "parental issues" that drive them.

but, please, let's keep that away from Superman as much as possible.

same with the "destiny/prophecy" angle.............don't need that.

Superman becomes a hero out of the goodness of his own heart and the strong values/morals that his parents raised him with.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #82
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

I think it makes sense though. It's only just part of the motivation into why he doesn't do the wrong thing, and is actually fearful of it. Cause in being presented with either no choice in doing the wrong thing, Superman is fearful of failing in his parents eyes, and this fear is carried on to the world. It adds to the psychology and notion of 'good behaviour', and why Superman strongly enforces it.

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #83
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland.
Posts: 90
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think it makes sense though. It's only just part of the motivation into why he doesn't do the wrong thing, and is actually fearful of it. Cause in being presented with either no choice in doing the wrong thing, Superman is fearful of failing in his parents eyes, and this fear is carried on to the world. It adds to the psychology and notion of 'good behaviour', and why Superman strongly enforces it.
The fact that you used the word fearful twice in the same sentence while describing Superman should tell you why it's all wrong.
As a wise Yoda will tell you "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
Superman cannot have fear in his heart it goes against the whole premise of the character IMO.

McLarenMP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #84
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

I think Superman can be fearful of doing the wrong thing, which is why he's so grounded in doing what's right. He was taught and instructed by the Kent's to always do the right thing. So it would be understandable that he's so against doing the wrong thing, cause he doesn't want to let them down.

It was just about adding layers to his psychology

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #85
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 10,868
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think it makes sense though. It's only just part of the motivation into why he doesn't do the wrong thing, and is actually fearful of it. Cause in being presented with either no choice in doing the wrong thing, Superman is fearful of failing in his parents eyes, and this fear is carried on to the world. It adds to the psychology and notion of 'good behaviour', and why Superman strongly enforces it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think Superman can be fearful of doing the wrong thing, which is why he's so grounded in doing what's right. He was taught and instructed by the Kent's to always do the right thing. So it would be understandable that he's so against doing the wrong thing, cause he doesn't want to let them down.

It was just about adding layers to his psychology
I just think your twisting it into something very angsty.

It's fine to say that Superman got his good morals from his parents, and that the way they raised him has a lot to do with why he's so good.

It's weird to say that Superman sticks to good morals because he's afraid of his parents being dissapointed in him.

That sounds more like Dexter than Superman.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #86
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,069
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Personally, my interpretation of Superman has always been that it’s never been about him questioning as to whether he should do the right thing but more about him questioning IF he was doing the right thing. I think there are ways to challenge his character in terms of his innate qualities in interesting ways without resorting to Spiderman-like angst or compromising his character to the point where there’d be a universal backlash as a result. The film “Superman vs. The Elite” is a prime example of that for starters. But I do agree that there would probably be a part of him that fears that he may let down his parents and the world, but I don’t think those factors are what drives him as much.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #87
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Well if it makes Supes sound like a psycho that kills psychos then forget it! Yikes!

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #88
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Personally, my interpretation of Superman has always been that it’s never been about him questioning as to whether he should do the right thing but more about him questioning IF he was doing the right thing. I think there are ways to challenge his character in terms of his innate qualities in interesting ways without resorting to Spiderman-like angst or compromising his character to the point where there’d be a universal backlash as a result. The film “Superman vs. The Elite” is a prime example of that for starters. But I do agree that there would probably be a part of him that fears that he may let down his parents and the world, but I don’t think those factors are what drives him as much.
Defo on that.

I think we can all relate with not wanting to let people down, especially our family. That's what I was referring with Superman. Not a fear that drives him, but an understanding in how we want to make people proud of us, especially those who raised us with so much love and hope, and being just a tiny fraction of our decision to do the right thing. That's all

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #89
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

I don't think it's a matter of Superman NOT having fear in his heart. After all, we all feel fear, and I'm sure Clark is no different.

The issue is what are you afraid of and how that dictates your actions.

Saying that Superman does the right thing because he's fearful of doing the wrong thing almost makes it sound like Superman is afraid of "giving in to his dark side." Maybe that's not exactly what you meant, Rodrigo, but that's impression I get from that analogy.

Likewise, doing the right thing because you are afraid that you won't live up to your parent's expectations or the public image, that kind of makes it sound like you're doing something not because you really want to do it but because it's what other people expect of you.

iow.......it ascribes an ulterior motive to your actions.

A better use of fear as a motivator, imo, would be Superman feeling genuinely afraid of an extremely evil and/or powerful foe. Not being afraid to go hide in the FOS or give up being Superman. But being aware of how great a threat the foe is to everyone and thus making Superman even more determined to stop the threat.

Or, Superman being aware of just how powerful he is and afraid that he will hurt his loved ones ( and others ) if he doesn't keep his powers under control. So, that makes him much more reserved/cautious about using his powers and more likely to talk/use diplomacy when handling situations. Only getting angry and letting loose with his powers when the situation calls for it.

IOW.....it would make him mature and responsible about how he uses his powers.

and maybe that's more of what you meant about "fearful of doing the wrong thing", Rodrigo. if so, then I can get behind that.

but being fearful of not living up to parental expectation or public image, I don't really want to associate that with Superman.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #90
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 10,868
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Personally, my interpretation of Superman has always been that it’s never been about him questioning as to whether he should do the right thing but more about him questioning IF he was doing the right thing. I think there are ways to challenge his character in terms of his innate qualities in interesting ways without resorting to Spiderman-like angst or compromising his character to the point where there’d be a universal backlash as a result. The film “Superman vs. The Elite” is a prime example of that for starters. But I do agree that there would probably be a part of him that fears that he may let down his parents and the world, but I don’t think those factors are what drives him as much.
This

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #91
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I don't think it's a matter of Superman NOT having fear in his heart. After all, we all feel fear, and I'm sure Clark is no different.

The issue is what are you afraid of and how that dictates your actions.

Saying that Superman does the right thing because he's fearful of doing the wrong thing almost makes it sound like Superman is afraid of "giving in to his dark side." Maybe that's not exactly what you meant, Rodrigo, but that's impression I get from that analogy.

Likewise, doing the right thing because you are afraid that you won't live up to your parent's expectations or the public image, that kind of makes it sound like you're doing something not because you really want to do it but because it's what other people expect of you.

iow.......it ascribes an ulterior motive to your actions.

A better use of fear as a motivator, imo, would be Superman feeling genuinely afraid of an extremely evil and/or powerful foe. Not being afraid to go hide in the FOS or give up being Superman. But being aware of how great a threat the foe is to everyone and thus making Superman even more determined to stop the threat.

Or, Superman being aware of just how powerful he is and afraid that he will hurt his loved ones ( and others ) if he doesn't keep his powers under control. So, that makes him much more reserved/cautious about using his powers and more likely to talk/use diplomacy when handling situations. Only getting angry and letting loose with his powers when the situation calls for it.

IOW.....it would make him mature and responsible about how he uses his powers.

and maybe that's more of what you meant about "fearful of doing the wrong thing", Rodrigo. if so, then I can get behind that.

but being fearful of not living up to parental expectation or public image, I don't really want to associate that with Superman.
That's definitely better than my explanation of it

I honestly think I used the wrong choice of words before. So I'll clarify it.

What I meant was, because we hear a lot of people saying they can't relate to Superman cause he's a boyscout, I was thinking, 'fine, so how about he can still be the boyscout, but make him relatable to people?'.

What I suggested was, but lost it somewhere was that he's an all round good guy to make his parents proud of him, not look bad in their eyes, cause he was raised with all the love and praise anyone could ask for, he tries extra hard in what he does.
Which I was hoping people would be able to relate to, but it's not a factor that needs to be included for Superman. I was hoping it would be something like an understanding of his motivations, for the ignorant. So back to the drawing board

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 06-13-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #92
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,069
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

If the theme for “Batman Begins” was about “Fear”; the fear that Bruce instills in the hearts of criminals and the corrupt as Batman, along with his own fears and how that led to the creation of Batman to begin with, then I would assume that Goyer and Nolan found a way to capitalize on what Superman’s known for standing for the most: Hope.

The hope for a better tomorrow, the hope that superman instills in the hearts of civilians that there is still some good left in the world ready to fight for the right reasons, and the hope that Clark may have personally that he may find his place in the world.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #93
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
That's definitely better than my explanation of it

I honestly think I used the wrong choice of words before. So I'll clarify it.

What I meant was, because we hear a lot of people saying they can't relate to Superman cause he's a boyscout, I was thinking, 'fine, so how about he can still be the boyscout, but make him relatable to people?'.

What I suggested was, but lost it somewhere was that he's an all round good guy to make his parents proud of him, not look bad in their eyes, cause he was raised with all the love and praise anyone could ask for, he tries extra hard in what he does.
Which I was hoping people would be able to relate to, but it's not a factor that needs to be included for Superman. I was hoping it would be something like an understanding of his motivations, for the ignorant. So back to the drawing board
ah.....I understand what you were going for better.

I'm all for making Superman more relatable, too.

even the concept of Clark traveling the world and trying to "find himself" (which some of the set pics seem to suggest, with him going to that Alaskan town and working on the oil rig ) can make him relatable.

but, they have to walk a fine line. you can't make Clark all angsty and surly and getting drunk in bars and picking fights. Even if he's trying to find his place in the world, I still want to see Clark being willing to help people out with no hesitation (perhaps using his powers in secret).

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #94
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If the theme for “Batman Begins” was about “Fear”; the fear that Bruce instills in the hearts of criminals and the corrupt as Batman, along with his own fears and how that led to the creation of Batman to begin with, then I would assume that Goyer and Nolan found a way to capitalize on what Superman’s known for standing for the most: Hope.

The hope for a better tomorrow, the hope that superman instills in the hearts of civilians that there is still some good left in the world ready to fight for the right reasons, and the hope that Clark may have personally that he may find his place in the world.


that's what I want the theme of the movie to be. even the "theme" of the score and the music. you want to walk out of the theater feeling inspired and uplifted.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #95
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Does he actually have a drunken fight? lol

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #96
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Does he actually have a drunken fight? lol
no, I don't think so (can Superman even get drunk?? lol).

but the pics of him in Alaska do show him looking like a bum, so something's going on......

I just don't want him to act like a bar drunk and get into fights......that would be absolutely wrong for the character, imo.

that being said, I do remember maybe a possible leaked scene description of Clark getting into a fight in a bar.......so who knows........

if it's like Clark vs the diner room bully in Superman 2 ( and Clark's not the one drunk ), then I'd be ok with that if he's trying to protect somebody.....

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #97
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 10,868
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
no, I don't think so (can Superman even get drunk?? lol).

but the pics of him in Alaska do show him looking like a bum, so something's going on......

I just don't want him to act like a bar drunk and get into fights......that would be absolutely wrong for the character, imo.

that being said, I do remember maybe a possible leaked scene description of Clark getting into a fight in a bar.......so who knows........

if it's like Clark vs the diner room bully in Superman 2 ( and Clark's not the one drunk ), then I'd be ok with that if he's trying to protect somebody.....
Yeah I think a scene like that would only serve to show why he's totally different from a bar drunk, not make him out to be one.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #98
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Geordie Shore
Posts: 17,669
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

I would have loved to have seen a drunk Superman flying about

I agree that MOS should be an uplifting experience.

The most important thing to remember with heroes, and especially Superman, is that they are meant to be inspirations. They are meant to go through hell, all for us, and come out unscathed. They are meant to better themselves from start to finish, and I really hope they nail the ultimate hero, for the ultimate inspiration, for the audience

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #99
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah I think a scene like that would only serve to show why he's totally different from a bar drunk, not make him out to be one.

^ I hope so.......

but hey, it can't get any worse than him getting Lois pregnant with a b****** child and then ditching everyone for 5+ years.........

can it? can it??

fingers crossed we get a great story and great characters this time around.......

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #100
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I would have loved to have seen a drunk Superman flying about

I agree that MOS should be an uplifting experience.

The most important thing to remember with heroes, and especially Superman, is that they are meant to be inspirations. They are meant to go through hell, all for us, and come out unscathed. They are meant to better themselves from start to finish, and I really hope they nail the ultimate hero, for the ultimate inspiration, for the audience
^ yep

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.