The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #26
Optikal
Professor Chaos
 
Optikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 1,438
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

I agree entirely with Harl. It basically cuts out improvisation completely.

__________________
Jones: Tell me the truth… what are you going to feel when you put a bullet in one of those men, Nick?

Fury: Recoil.

-Secret Warriors #4
Optikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #27
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

No, because all it requires is that you give the GMs the skeleton of your arc. And as it has been made clear, this is to be used when the RPG is slowed to a crawl. It wouldn't surprise me if this idea was inspired by us GMs in DC because a few months back byrd, wieg, and myself chatted via MSN and we suggested the idea that we contact the masterminds behind the arc to inform them that if they do not do A, we will resolve to taking matters into our own hands by doing B to get the RPG moving.

In this instance, though, the heads up was enough to get the game moving but we were prepared to take charge to not let the game die.

Now, let's look at the same situation but if this rule was applied. The arc I'm referring to was Watchman and Keyser Sozes amalgam Final Crisis/Blackest Night arc. All they would have to tell us is the key points in the story so that when what happened happened, byrd, myself, or wieg could just do a post or two to get the game moving.

It doesn't remove improvisation. They aren't asking for a detail to detail heavily outlined thing. Just the key points. They said "basic rundown".

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #28
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

It's just for the really big arcs then?

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #29
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

Pretty much. The GM's can still decide what happens to nonposting PC's in small arc.

For example, in Star Wars, if you go past the two week limit, the other players are allowed to bunny your character to keep the arc moving.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,733
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Pretty much. The GM's can still decide what happens to nonposting PC's in small arc.

For example, in Star Wars, if you go past the two week limit, the other players are allowed to bunny your character to keep the arc moving.

And even though we haven't had to employ that, we also have the same ability in CAH.

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #31
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
And even though we haven't had to employ that, we also have the same ability in CAH.
Mostly because everyone's off on their own arcs.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #32
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
It's just for the really big arcs then?
Yea dude just the RPG-wide arcs such as Dark Alliance 2 was. Just a last resort to not let the game crawl.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #33
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,439
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

The thing with GM control is really a last resort, if anything.

But that's just one feature of it. I really want to use the GM powers to help anybody who's stuck in a posting funk, not by taking their character, but by motivating them. As a GM, if someone comes to me and asks for help, I might throw an event at them or NPC a villain for them to help get their creative juices flowing and back on the posting track.

So it's more than just taking control of big arcs when push comes to shove, it's also about helping those posters who are stuck in a rut.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #34
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

Wasn't one of the things suggested in the RPG Soapbox thread something having to do with the Superherohype! RPG Wiki wetpaint pages for the games? Did we settle on something like each poster must update it ever so often?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 AM   #35
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

Aren't we due for some more changes, or have they all been used up?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #36
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,255
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

We're due for more, but I'm still trying to decide which to spring up next.

The 1k limitation really kind of provided the next bit of change that I think we're still kind of getting used to, if not only begrudgingly beginning to accept.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #37
seo11111
New User - Level 0
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Default Re: 2011: A Year of Change

If this turns out to be a hit, I've got a pretty good idea fleshed out for another game like this.
________________________________

Industrial paper shredder

seo11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.