The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #26
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

So this is the top 5 to date:

1. Hugh Jackman
2. James Marsden
3. Ellen Page
4. Halle Berry
5. Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore and Taylor Kitsch

quite curious how that possible love triangle between Gambit, Rogue and Iceman are on top 5... I like it

Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
So this is the top 5 to date:

1. Hugh Jackman
2. James Marsden
3. Ellen Page
4. Halle Berry
5. Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore and Taylor Kitsch

quite curious how that possible love triangle between Gambit, Rogue and Iceman are on top 5... I like it
Enough with the love triangles please!

We've had Jean/Scott/Wolverine and also Iceman/Rogue/Kitty.

I think that they aren't necessary in multi-character movies. If there is just one hero (like Spider-Man or Superman), then adding in a love angle is okay for giving some more substance to the story.

But in team movies, it doesn't work as well.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #28
Angamb
Banned User

Id like to see Rogue moving to Gambit in a possible sequel on the present.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #29
The Guard
Side-Kick

Love triangles never really bothered me. Its one of those things that makes the X-Men the X-Men. Even the more modern comics are chock full of them.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
lancimouspitt
Side-Kick

I'm guessing FC2 will in some way,no matter how brief address the Mystique/Azazel relationship.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #31
Angamb
Banned User

too many subplots to develop on the sequel.... and adding days of future past wont help any of them.

:/

Old 06-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #32
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Off topic but, Where is the sequel casting thread ?

*\S/T*
Old 06-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #33
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, you can create it!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think Hugh jackman,Patrick Stewert,and Ian Mckellan are ones most likely to return
with Famke Janssen and Taylor Kitsch the ones least likely to return.

After Hugh,Patrick,and Ian I think Halle Berry Is most likely to return while after Famke and Taylor daniel Cudmore Is one least likely to return.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
Angamb
Banned User

Ian and Patrick would be nice, definetly...

but what I would like the most is to see the actual x-men from original trilogy, not just Charles and Eric.

So if they do this saga, I hope they use more than 2 x-men.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #36
Angamb
Banned User

Taylor Kitsch would be great in a sequel set in the present with Rogue, Storm, and co.

As much as Id like to see Gambit again, I dont think this is the right time.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #37
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think It will be be Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine and 2 or 3 other X-Men In future scenes.

Storm Is most likely after them to be used.Besides that you have Cyclops,Iceman,Rogue,
and Kitty as strong possabiltys.

Inless you throw out wolverine Taylor Kitsch wouldn't work as Gambit In present.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
Superhero 101
DESI

if they go into the future i'd want to see Wolverine Storm Kitty and Colossus

Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't want to see Taylor Kitsch for the first class sequel but I want to see him in X4 with the original cast.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #40
Angamb
Banned User

Id like that too, definetly, with Rogue, Storm and the rest of the cast.

but at the same time, I wouldnt mind to see him with the First Class cast in a future sequel, set in late 70's or 80's, with a not so young Scott, Jean and Storm, it would be really great too

so as long as they use him again in the future, fine!

Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #41
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't want to see Taylor Kitsch for the first class sequel but I want to see him in X4 with the original cast.
I wonder how they are going to mix and match the characters. McKellen is getting on a bit to keep playing Magneto, for instance, so will they bring some of the First Class characters into the future, or leave some of the future characters in the past?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #42
Hellion
He's Not Serious

I was kinda thinking, does the sequel have to be set during the time the events are happening...maybe we could have a modern day Charles and Magneto recounting early tale(s) of the X-Men vs Brotherhood or whatever over a game of chess...not as exciting as the different Days of Future Past ideas, but its a way to include actors from the previous films...

...if any previous actors from the X-Men OT were in FC2 I'd peg the big three...Ian, Patrick, and/or Hugh...

Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #43
Darthkush
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I wonder how they are going to mix and match the characters. McKellen is getting on a bit to keep playing Magneto, for instance, so will they bring some of the First Class characters into the future, or leave some of the future characters in the past?
I'm almost willing to bet money they will. The biggest contender to me to go to the future? Fassbender's Magneto. As many have said, Mckellan is getting older and although he's amazing, he's already said recently before the Hobbit started filming that he was getting up there and he may not be doing these types of films as much anymore. I think it's a way to bring the more "evil warlord" type more youthful Magneto who launched missles and took over nations and such into the films.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #44
Darthkush
Avenger

I also think Gambit is possible to come to the future if they make any attempt to fix or retcon X-men Origins: Wolverine.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #45
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Everyone but Kitsch lol.
Poor Taylor Kitsch...

Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #46
JP
Smelly

More like Taylor Cursed.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #47
BMM
Side-Kick

I think it's best to continue to ignore X-Men Origins: Wolverine as much as possible, especially after the use of Emma Frost in First Class. No need to make things any more confusing.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #48
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well when viewing the X-Men films I go first Class,X-Men,and then X2.I find they flow very well together.It's a safe bet X-Men and X2 are connected to first Class.It's only when we start talking about the Last Stand and Wolverine that debate starts.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #49
BMM
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind seeing actors from X-Men and X2 return but, with the possible exception of Ellen Page, would like to keep actors from The Last Stand and X-Men Origins out of Days of Future Past.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #50
JP
Smelly

I would never say no to Kelsey Grammer.

Closed Thread