The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

View Poll Results: what do you think of the New Batman look
10-OMG. So awesome, can't wait! moment I was waiting for this since SV Started 5 20.00%
9 2 8.00%
8 3 12.00%
7 2 8.00%
6 0 0%
5-Let's wait and see before I decide if it's good or not 6 24.00%
4 0 0%
3 1 4.00%
2 0 0%
1-I hate it. should have done better.FAIL! 5 20.00%
0-words don't describe how much I don't care right now. 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #26
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I love that the Smallville universe has its own versions of costumes.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #27
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

this suit looks awful...don't like it in the least little bit

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
kal-elrebooted
True Superman Fan

I'm not that much of a batman fan and I don't like the costume

Classic Costume All the Way
kal-elrebooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #29
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I wonder what Bruce Wayne will look like in the Smallville universe?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #30
KalKai
n/a

Now watch how those who disliked the costume are gonna like it.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvil...1-1048845.aspx

Smallville Season 11 Comic Book Welcomes Batman — and Nightwing!

For years Smallville fans clamored for a guest appearance by Batman. And they weren't the only ones: Producers frequently tried to get the Dark Knight (or at least his alter ego, Bruce Wayne) to swing into young Clark Kent's world. Alas, corporate red tape kept the ultimate team-up from happening — until now.

As announced earlier this week, Batman will finally find his way to Metropolis in DC Comics' digital series Smallville Season 11, the continuation of the late, great WB/CW show. And he won't be coming alone. Series writer Bryan Q. Miller (who also wrote for the TV version) tells TV Guide Magazine that Batman's partner is none other than Nightwing.
In a twist, the character behind the mask is Stephanie Brown, rather than Dick Grayson, the former Robin, who ultimately became Nightwing in the comics. Stephanie debuted in the DC Comics universe as the vigilante Spoiler. She later became Batgirl, in a series Miller wrote from 2009-11.

This new version of the Dynamic Duo comes to Metropolis to follow a lead on the man who killed Bruce's parents. It was those murdered that spurred him into a life of caped crusading. "Batman's been operating in a vigilante/urban legend capacity for probably a little bit longer than when Clark started being The Blur," Miller says, referring to Clark's pre-Superman identity on the TV series.

As to why he picked Stephanie for the sidekick slot, Miller says, "Bruce can be somewhat of an angry man. Stephanie's personality is so can-do and unsinkable and bright, so it's very much on purpose on Bruce's part that he has a good cop going out on patrol with him every night." (Miller says it will eventually be addressed as to why Stephanie is Nightwing in this comic and not Batgirl.)

Batman and Nightwing show up in early August in a digital-first chapter of the series. (Printed collections of the chapters come out monthly, with the start of this arc slated to go on sale in September.)

"I'm thrilled by how it's been received so far," Miller says of Season 11's positive feedback and strong sales. (DC says that it's consistently one of their top 10 digital comics.) "Even with this Batman announcement there's a heavy amount of griping about Batman's armor [as seen in the preview image above]. But people are talking about it, which is not necessarily a bad thing. And I'm hearing from people that it's bringing them to comic shops and the DC app, and they're discovering all kinds of other comics. In the best way, I think it's a good gateway drug for all of the storytelling that DC has to offer."

KalKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #31
vantheman77
Side-Kick

The batsuit looks better when it's colored. I'm surprised that they'd have Stephanie Brown as Nightwing and not Robin. However I'm not surprised that Batman started his career a little bit longer than Superman, but does this mean that Oliver is more experienced than Batman or about the same time?

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #32
Rockstar
Banned User

Stephanie Brown... as Nightwing?

So bizarre.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #33
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Wow. If that's the Batsuit we would've gotten if Batman was ever allowed on the show, I'm glad they were never allowed to use him.

But I will say it looks a lot better in color.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Stephanie Brown... as Nightwing?

So bizarre.
I agree.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #35
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I agree.
well this is this is the smallville universe, the very same universe:

-Bart Allen is the Flash with basiaclly Barry and Wally's origin and founding member of JLA and has combination of Wally, Barry and Bart elements from the comics(like Wally West in STAS, JL/JLU cartoons),

-Cyborg is a Founding JL Member (before new 52 came along and when almost no one remember the Super Powers team:the galactic guardians cartoon/final superfriends cartoon)

-Mia Dearden became Speedy before Roy Harper

-Blue Beetle was Jaime Reyes while Ted Kord never takes the identity of Blue Beetle from Dan Garret,who died after failing to control the scarab

etc. This is nothing new, imo.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #36
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalKai View Post
Now watch how those who disliked the costume are gonna like it.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallvil...1-1048845.aspx

Smallville Season 11 Comic Book Welcomes Batman — and Nightwing!

For years Smallville fans clamored for a guest appearance by Batman. And they weren't the only ones: Producers frequently tried to get the Dark Knight (or at least his alter ego, Bruce Wayne) to swing into young Clark Kent's world. Alas, corporate red tape kept the ultimate team-up from happening — until now.

As announced earlier this week, Batman will finally find his way to Metropolis in DC Comics' digital series Smallville Season 11, the continuation of the late, great WB/CW show. And he won't be coming alone. Series writer Bryan Q. Miller (who also wrote for the TV version) tells TV Guide Magazine that Batman's partner is none other than Nightwing.
In a twist, the character behind the mask is Stephanie Brown, rather than Dick Grayson, the former Robin, who ultimately became Nightwing in the comics. Stephanie debuted in the DC Comics universe as the vigilante Spoiler. She later became Batgirl, in a series Miller wrote from 2009-11.

This new version of the Dynamic Duo comes to Metropolis to follow a lead on the man who killed Bruce's parents. It was those murdered that spurred him into a life of caped crusading. "Batman's been operating in a vigilante/urban legend capacity for probably a little bit longer than when Clark started being The Blur," Miller says, referring to Clark's pre-Superman identity on the TV series.

As to why he picked Stephanie for the sidekick slot, Miller says, "Bruce can be somewhat of an angry man. Stephanie's personality is so can-do and unsinkable and bright, so it's very much on purpose on Bruce's part that he has a good cop going out on patrol with him every night." (Miller says it will eventually be addressed as to why Stephanie is Nightwing in this comic and not Batgirl.)

Batman and Nightwing show up in early August in a digital-first chapter of the series. (Printed collections of the chapters come out monthly, with the start of this arc slated to go on sale in September.)

"I'm thrilled by how it's been received so far," Miller says of Season 11's positive feedback and strong sales. (DC says that it's consistently one of their top 10 digital comics.) "Even with this Batman announcement there's a heavy amount of griping about Batman's armor [as seen in the preview image above]. But people are talking about it, which is not necessarily a bad thing. And I'm hearing from people that it's bringing them to comic shops and the DC app, and they're discovering all kinds of other comics. In the best way, I think it's a good gateway drug for all of the storytelling that DC has to offer."
kind of looking forward to seeing Superman being the veteren hero and Batman being the rookie. But who knows maybe we'll still see that. still looking good so far.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 06-15-2012, 03:10 AM   #37
Rockstar
Banned User

Batman isn't a Rookie. He's been operating longer than Supes here.

Why is his Batman's skin black in the mouth area?

Facepaint?

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #38
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:

Facepaint?
I know that they said Batman has been operating longer than the Blur/Supes (If you don't count Clark saving people, stopping meteor freaks and stoping disasters since he was a teen as well as helping the JL/teaming up with future superheroes )
but when I say Batman is more of a loner vigilante hunting for his parent's killer than a superhero(when I say superhero I have JL/JLU Batman, The Batman season 5, Batman Brave and the Bold, the Superfriends cartoons or Batman in the comics in mind) while Clark has learned to work with the Justice League or work on a bigger team so maybe Clark can introduce him to the JL and teach him what s6/s7 Ollie was trying to teach s6/s7 Clark: that instead of just hunting for his parent's killer there is whole world out there that could use a hero and maybe Bruce should lighten up.

I think this could be like basiaclly a Smallville Hero of the week episode like Aqua, Arrow,Siren or Hex meet the 3 part World's Finest episodes of The Batman season 5 2 part premeire.

The Black face you're talking about I think that's just shadowing

Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #39
smallville fan
Hero

So this is Batman, not bad, as for Robin/Nightwing...WHY?! It would've been so awesome to have seen Dick Grayson, then we might've had some potential for great Young Justice-ish action with Superboy/Wonder Twins/Speedy/Stargirl but it's Smallville I suppose, I guess they wanted to keep some elements of the old show(such as Mia Dearden being Speedy instead of Roy Harper).

I don't mind that Batman's first sidekick is a girl in the comic, it would've been better that it would've been Barbra Gordon(she would've made a better "good cop" to Batman's bad cop personality considering she would've learned a thing or two from her father) or it would've been even more interesting to introduce the new sidekick as Huntress as in the Helena Bertinelli version which could have potential for some Birds of Prey action? maybe?...

Last edited by smallville fan; 06-15-2012 at 06:19 AM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #40
Johnny
Side-Kick

Who said Dick Grayson doesn't exist in the Smallville universe? What if he died or something, and maybe that's why Steph took on the Nightwing mantle. As always people love to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts behind anything.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #41
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Who said Dick Grayson doesn't exist in the Smallville universe? What if he died or something, and maybe that's why Steph took on the Nightwing mantle. As always people love to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts behind anything.
So you are saying that in the Smallville universe Dick Grayson=Jason Todd?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #42
Johnny
Side-Kick

I'm sayin that anything could've happened. Maybe Dick was Robin and Nightwing but he was killed or retired for some reason, who knows. That's the beauty of Elseworlds, anything goes. I'm just annoyed by some of the things I see online with fans once again complaining about anything they can think of. Whether it's Batman's costume or Dick Grayson's absence as Nightwing, why people can't just sit back, read it and pass judgment later? Never happy, always looking for things to complain about. I've always being irritated by any type of fans, but comicbook fandom to me is one of the worst.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #43
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Smallville has taken some great liberties with some of their heroes but I am not liking what they did with Batman so far. While the suit does look better color I still don't like it and I am even more against Stephanie Brown being Nightwing of all people. I would have been ok with her being Robin but Nightwing is Dick's title and it should stay that way. There was symbolism behind Nightwing showing Dick Grayson's growth from who he was to who he is now. Stephanie has not earned that honor. Hell she barely earned the right to be called Robin. But then again this is the SV world and it wouldn't have felt like SV without some controversy. But I still don't like it.

Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #44
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Quote:
I'm sayin that anything could've happened. Maybe Dick was Robin and Nightwing but he was killed or retired for some reason, who knows. That's the beauty of Elseworlds, anything goes. I'm just annoyed by some of the things I see online with fans once again complaining about anything they can think of. Whether it's Batman's costume or Dick Grayson's absence as Nightwing, why people can't just sit back, read it and pass judgment later? Never happy, always looking for things to complain about. I've always being irritated by any type of fans, but comicbook fandom to me is one of the worst.
That's because to some people Dick Grayson may mean a lot to them or been their favorite hero and to see him passed over for Stephanie Brown may upset people considering you read her in the comics. Also if you see judgement it is because most people know the history of SV and while Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, and Bart have been used they all don't have as big of a following as Batman and when you look at the picture of the suit and see that Steph is Nightwing you are going to see people upset. Regardless if it is an elseworld or not. Just be thankful it wasn't done when the show was still on the air or it could have been a lot worse.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #45
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
well this is this is the smallville universe, the very same universe:

-Bart Allen is the Flash with basiaclly Barry and Wally's origin and founding member of JLA and has combination of Wally, Barry and Bart elements from the comics(like Wally West in STAS, JL/JLU cartoons),

-Cyborg is a Founding JL Member (before new 52 came along and when almost no one remember the Super Powers team:the galactic guardians cartoon/final superfriends cartoon)

-Mia Dearden became Speedy before Roy Harper

-Blue Beetle was Jaime Reyes while Ted Kord never takes the identity of Blue Beetle from Dan Garret,who died after failing to control the scarab

etc. This is nothing new, imo.
Guud point.

Quote:

Facepaint?
That's a good good question. I was wondering too.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #46
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
That's because to some people Dick Grayson may mean a lot to them or been their favorite hero and to see him passed over for Stephanie Brown may upset people considering you read her in the comics. Also if you see judgement it is because most people know the history of SV and while Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, and Bart have been used they all don't have as big of a following as Batman and when you look at the picture of the suit and see that Steph is Nightwing you are going to see people upset. Regardless if it is an elseworld or not. Just be thankful it wasn't done when the show was still on the air or it could have been a lot worse.
If people are unable to see beyond their own personal desires, then that's their problem. It's very easy to complain about something. Well that's not me. It's one thing to doubt something and express your mind on it, cuz we're not supposed to agree with everything companies throw at us. That's very true and I totally support it. But to be so close-minded and make such harsh judgments about something without knowing any of the facts is downright stupid. And when they do things like that I'm gonna call them out for the fools they make themselves of. I won't be thankful for anything, had Batman appeared on the show back in the day, if people reacted in such a retarded way again without knowing the facts again, they would've proved to me yet again how bad they suck. I'm ashamed to see what comic book fans have become.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #47
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Quote:
If people are unable to see beyond their own personal desires, then that's their problem. It's very easy to complain about something. Well that's not me. It's one thing to doubt something and express your mind on it, cuz we're not supposed to agree with everything companies throw at us. That's very true and I totally support it. But to be so close-minded and make such harsh judgments about something without knowing any of the facts is downright stupid. And when they do things like that I'm gonna call them out for the fools they make themselves of. I won't be thankful for anything, had Batman appeared on the show back in the day, if people reacted in such a retarded way again without knowing the facts again, they would've proved to me yet again how bad they suck. I'm ashamed to see what comic book fans have become.
But its still a Batman fans right to complain when it is their hero being dealt with. There is nothing wrong with them voicing their outrage or stating how they feel. Just like there was nothing wrong when Alan Scott fans got upset when they turned their hero gay before reading it or new 52 Superman's outfit. I actually can see why some fans might prejudge this book because given SV past history when using other heroes (not written by Johns) they have a right to be worried. However even though this might not be the exact same thing as long as it carries the name people will always worry. That's just SV curse now. The sad part is it turned many comic fans off that you prejudge it and move on when really this is a great book.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #48
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so this Steph is not blonde.......but has........purple hair??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #49
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
so this Steph is not blonde.......but has........purple hair??
It looks like it will have Steph attitude with Cassandra's fighting skills.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #50
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman View Post
It looks like it will have Steph attitude with Cassandra's fighting skills.
I like that!!

but I wish she still had blonde hair, though.....

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote