The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: How would you rate Ghost Rider 2?
The perfect Ghost Rider flick! 3 2.88%
Better than the first but flawed 47 45.19%
Worse than the first but decent 12 11.54%
Much worse than the first 11 10.58%
Terrible! One of the worst Marvel movies 31 29.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #126
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Default Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Rate & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^RedisnotblueI still personally think nothing in SOV compared to the building scene in GR1, seeing GR riding up the building, reining in the helicopter, killing Abagor, then riding back down and confronting the cops gave me more of a thrill to watch than anything in GR2.
You misunderstand. Things like Ghost Rider riding around on a motorcycle and just being Ghost Rider is always gonna be cool as hell to just watch and a hard thing to screw up. I am mainly talking about the fights with the villains. In the first Ghost Rider they were seriously just awful. He literally took out two of the main villains in the film in less than a minute, with just a few swings of his chain, and they turned in to whiny babies without putting up any real fight in the process. At least in this Ghost Rider we actually see the heroes and villains actually fighting each other.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #127
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Plus I can watch this over and over again...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If anyone has seen Deadfall or Vampire's Kiss, you'll see this is legit Nic Cage crazy acting.

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Art Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #128
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Damage View Post
Plus I can watch this over and over again...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If anyone has seen Deadfall or Vampire's Kiss, you'll see this is legit Nic Cage crazy acting.
So it is unatural for him to be acting that way in the movie with all that he goes through? If you had a vengeance demon inside of you who wanted nothing more than come out & kill bad people then you might go a little crazy too from trying to restrain it or hold it back.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #129
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
While I am one of the people that maintains Ghost Rider doesn't have to be rated R to be a good film I do agree if they hate just let Neveldine/Taylor just go nuts and do whatever they wanted then this film would have definitely been better with the direction they were going.
Giving them the ability throw f-bombs and tits around doesn't change the fact that the direction is **** when you give the money shot away in the middle of the movie. They had nowhere to go from there after that. It just rolled off a cliff and kept plummeting, and no rating or budget changes could have saved that.

NDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #130
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
Giving them the ability throw f-bombs and tits around doesn't change the fact that the direction is **** when you give the money shot away in the middle of the movie. They had nowhere to go from there after that. It just rolled off a cliff and kept plummeting, and no rating or budget changes could have saved that.
Way to simplify it. It isn't just about boobs and F bombs. I am simply saying with the direction Neveldine/Taylor went and the type of movie they made had they not been held back by the PG-13 and allowed to go crazy without any restrictions it probably would have better overall movie. Their history is making those kinds of films...the Crank movies and Gamer. This was new territory for them and it just didn't turn out well.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #131
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
So it is unatural for him to be acting that way in the movie with all that he goes through? If you had a vengeance demon inside of you who wanted nothing more than come out & kill bad people then you might go a little crazy too from trying to restrain it or hold it back.
I'm not saying it's bad. I know people like to poke fun at Nic Cage and say he overacts but it does work for the character here and this kind of yell-talk he does is one of his trademark characteristics.

If anything I'm defending it.

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Art Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #132
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Way to simplify it. It isn't just about boobs and F bombs. I am simply saying with the direction Neveldine/Taylor went and the type of movie they made had they not been held back by the PG-13 and allowed to go crazy without any restrictions it probably would have better overall movie. Their history is making those kinds of films...the Crank movies and Gamer. This was new territory for them and it just didn't turn out well.
Wouldn't have changed the fact that the movie blew it's load halfway through the performance and couldn't get back up enough to finish off strong. It was just bad writing and directing all around. Nothing would have changed that when it comes to telling a cohesive story.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #133
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I personally thought the last 20 or so mins of the movie were best, when he gets the GR back in him from then onwards was what saved the movie from being a complete dud for me.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #134
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
Wouldn't have changed the fact that the movie blew it's load halfway through the performance and couldn't get back up enough to finish off strong. It was just bad writing and directing all around. Nothing would have changed that when it comes to telling a cohesive story.
I'm not saying it magically would have been an amazing movie with an R rating. I said it would have been BETTER...considering the type of movie Neveldine/Taylor were and are used to making.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #135
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I really thought there was going to be a big fight between Rourke and GR after the chase scene...

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #136
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Don't know why you expected that. It was made quite clear and it was practically the whole plot of the movie that Roarke was in a very weakened state and needed a new body to become powerful.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #137
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Yeah, but he had Danny with him, maybe he could have used him in some way to stop GR from getting near him. I was just expecting more than for him to simply drop Rourke to hell and then do a victory dance.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #138
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I didnt mind what happened with Rourke, it was explained in the movie he is weak at this point and thats why he needs Danny's body, but I will agree the victory dance afterwards was just one of many things they made GR do in the movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #139
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Wait, he danced? I zoned out for the most part once the chase scene ended. I had to be reminded twice how Rourke was sent to hell.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #140
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well it wasnt exactly a dance, more like when one character kills another in Highlander and the winner has a fit, GR did a bit of that, for no particular reason.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #141
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I probably wouldn't have minded as much if the action was amped up a lot more. When the movie has little substance, it's the little things that get to you.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #142
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

The movie had good effects and i liked the burned look of Ghost Rider but the rest of the film sucked more than any others i seen. It took too freaking long on the pennant stare and didnt even show it and also he was just too damn plain creepy which most of the time he looked like someone who was on a drug and schitzophrenic and constantly bobbed his head like he had terret syndrome. His costume had no look to Ghost Rider like the spikes or the chain wrapped around him like the first one and the pissing scene of fire had nothing to do with the character and never should of been in it cause there was no reason to have it. The villain was plain ass weak and boring and the devil was pittiful (Peter Fonda was the absolute best) and he should of been in the second and nothing was better as villains than Wes and Blackheart and the environmental villains from the first. The motorcycle sucked the first Hellcycle was the best design and nothing was better than the appearance of Sam as Ghost Rider on the horse (Best damn scene) from the first.
Ghost Rider 2 sucked balls

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #143
Thedudehimself
Banned User

Since I am a Marvel fanboy I give every Marvel Movie a chance. Well, this was a movie were I actually regretted having spent 13 Euro on it. Very rarely does that happen. In 95% of the cases I find myself able to somehow get some enjoyment out of the film, even when I dont like it so much. With this film it was different. After this movie I really wanted to walk up to the theater Box Office and demand my money back for having shown such a bad movie to audiences. It should be considered a crime to make or show such abortions.

Look, I really wanted to like this movie, but it was just impossible. Ghost Rider SOV is a bad film in almost every aspect. I am not too familiar with the character in the comics, and I am also not very fond of the first film.

When it was announced that the Crank Directors Neveldine/Taylor would be directing the sequel I was like "Yeah, good choice, at least they will do better than the first one!" I was so wrong!

I dont even now what to begin with with. The screenplay is a clustered mess incoherently scrambled together by 3 screenwriters (one of them being the "oh so great" David S. Goyer). Goyers version was actually the starting point for this movie.One more proof that Goyer alone cant write for a darn.

The story...well, the Devil comes to earth because he needs a new body. He is trying to achieve that by using the body of a 12 year old boy. An occult ritual has to occur to do so. The Ghost Rider has to stop him. And all that happens in...wait for it...EASTERN EUROPE. Sure thing, where else should it happen?

Thats it. Sounds great, huh? But this is no major gripe, since a movie like Ghost Rider doesent need a deep story. It CAN work with a thin screenplay.

The characters are laughable thin, as well. There is not a single character in the movie that could somehow be considered multi layered or mysterious. For example, this movie shows us the dumbest and weakest and most laughable incarnation of the Devil ever put to film. Ciaran Hinds is not a bad actor, but what he did here is just awful.

Many defenders of Nic Cage say that his overacting is part of his "Charme". I dont see that. To mee its just bad acting. I also dont get what so "hilarious" about it, like many people say. I find it embarrasing.

Many films these days do shooting in Eastern Europe. It is cheap. Thats why studios go there. Which is okay as long as the cheapness doesent sneak into the movie. Unfortunatly that is what happened here. Everything about this movie screams CHEAP. The locations, the set design, the way the story is told (aka "pacing"), even the CGI!!! I really dont see the often mentioned improvment of CGI in this film. The skull of the Rider looks a bit rougher than in the first one, but overall the CGI is still DtV standard.

Now lets look at the action. This is actually the point about which I was most disappointed. I really thought having Neveldine/Taylor directing would leas into crazy and untamed Comic-Action which uses strange camera angles and top notch editing. I thought that this was exactly the game of those directors. They failed. I dont know how much they were held back by the studio, but still...this is unforgiveable. Even the first movie had better action. The action in this film only contained mindless shoot outs and straight forward biking. Every director can do that.

Tha ultimate fact which makes this movie so despiseful is not that it trys to be a masterpiece, ending up being a mediocre CBM... it is because this movie aims VERY LOW to begin with, and STILL MISSES THE MARK.

This movie is a stinker in every aspect. Not even the most hardcore Marvel fanboy should be able to get joy out of it. I cant drink enough beer to have fun with this piece of garbage.

Bad, bad film making.

At least there is one good thing about it: Two stinkers, two Box Office fails, yep, I think this franchise has successfully been killed for the forseeable future. No more Ghost Rider. Thats good. I endured enough ****ness with this character.

Thedudehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #144
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

The first Ghost Rider didn't fail at all at the box office. It actually made over $200 million worldwide despite scathing reviews from fans and critics. This one didn't even really fail either at the box office. They brought in mediocre numbers but didn't bomb. But yeah I don't see them continuing this franchise in this direction. If Ghost Rider comes back it is gonna be in a crossover or a reboot.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #145
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Ghost Rider stop motion.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=Z7K1p4KJvbI

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #146
Edguy
Banned User

Lol, I finally got around to see it. Can't remember ever seeing a film with so little respect for itself..

Haven't read the comics, so don't know how they are in tone etc., but this was basically a huge joke movie xD
Quote:
What if you have to pee while the Rider is out?

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #147
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Th Confused Re: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Rate & Review Thread

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is making a debut in Japan in February 2013? I'm confused, if somebody can translate for me, it would be appreciated.

Here's a new trailer for Ghost Rider 2 (no spirit of vengeance):

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Official website here:

http://gr2.jp/index.html

Videoblog about the movie here (4 videos so far!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CkLwDBiEso

--

Does that mean the movie is still making money?

Last edited by Midnyte_Sun; 01-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #148
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is making a debut in Japan in February 2013? I'm confused, if somebody can translate for me, it would be appreciated.

Here's a new trailer for Ghost Rider 2 (no spirit of vengeance):

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Official website here:

http://gr2.jp/index.html

Videoblog about the movie here (4 videos so far!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CkLwDBiEso

--

Does that mean the movie is still making money?
same movie... it's just finally getting the japanese release i guess?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #149
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Horrendous. The ONLY part I liked was the confrontation between GR & Satan. A completely wasted reboot.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #150
CaptainCraig
Side-Kick

It's not really a reboot as references are made to the first film.
There is some adjustment to the story but it's not a reboot.

Reboots don't acknowledge in any way prior films.