The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #951
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a moment of reflection, I have to pinch myself when I realise the movie is just about to be released, with banners up around the place and TV spots being played regularly. I remember when the countdown was daunting and something you just forgot about. But here we go.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #952
Hype_the_Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
^His man part.
I doubt it, in the context of the scene she's talking about how she steals from the rich because they have more than they need. Bruce doesn't need a Lamborghini so she says that he's being unrealistic about the keys to a 100k plus car in his pocket

Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #953
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Cs Funny Re: The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype_the_Hero View Post
I doubt it, in the context of the scene she's talking about how she steals from the rich because they have more than they need. Bruce doesn't need a Lamborghini so she says that he's being unrealistic about assuming the worst in people just because they have money
Yeah I was making a joke.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #954
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
On a moment of reflection, I have to pinch myself when I realise the movie is just about to be released, with banners up around the place and TV spots being played regularly. I remember when the countdown was daunting and something you just forgot about. But here we go.
Same here. then I go home, and during the whole trip I keep seeing posters all over the cities. It feels great. It's such a relief

this was his last post.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #955
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

'Dark Knight Rises' Opts For Lighthearted, Cartoonish Tone

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dar...8746/?ref=auto

Quote:
HOLLYWOOD, CA—Stating that "the time has come for a tonal shift" in the blockbuster series, director Christopher Nolan announced Thursday that the forthcoming Batman film The Dark Knight Rises would take a lighter, more humorous tone than its predecessors, and would be filled with "slapstick, primary colors, and just plain old fun."

"I was somewhat happy with the first two films—probing the psychological landscape of Gotham from an adult perspective is sort of neat, if you like that kind of thing," Nolan told reporters at a promotional event. "But then I realized, 'Hey, what am I doing? Batman is a superhero. Superheroes are supposed to be fun and for kids.' So this time around, I wanted to make something nice and light and simple, because people aren't looking for a civics lesson with Batman. They just want some pleasant, mindless diversion."

"After all, we're talking about a comic-book movie here," Nolan added. "Let's lighten things up a bit, shall we?"

According to Nolan, in early script meetings for the sequel, proposed plot threads tended to focus on familiar themes of the pained inner life of Bruce Wayne/Batman, his complicated relationship with Gotham law enforcement, the depraved nihilism of the city's criminal element, and the crushing weight of his traumatic memory of his parents' murder.

However, Nolan said, he soon grew weary of the treatment's often somber and starkly realistic tone, and opted instead to focus on the fact that Batman comes from an "enjoyable little picture book" and should therefore not be approached with such grave solemnity.

"It hit me all of a sudden that comic books are really just silly and frivolous things, and that the people who read them are primarily children or fun-loving adults who are looking for a cheery, good old-fashioned romp," Nolan said. "I mean, it's Batman, for God's sake, not Richard III. We should just go goofy with it. And so we did."

The film's screenplay, co-written with veteran film and television writer Lorenzo Semple Jr., reportedly concerns a coalition of villains who form a "Batman Revenge Society." The groups aims to murder Batman (Christian Bale) with, at various times, a plummeting steel safe, jets of cyanide gas concealed in a stuffed moose head, a trapdoor over a shark tank, a beautifully wrapped but ticking gift box, a gorilla trained to go berserk when it sees Batman, a sexy but ungrounded female robot, and a Rube Goldberg–style contraption that, roughly 90 seconds after activation, propels a whirling buzz saw blade into the midsection of whoever is standing on a painted bull's-eye target.

"I feel like I really went back to Batman's roots and discovered the character's true essence," Nolan said. "And that essence turned out to be in the Batman comics from 1940 through 1970, the 1960s Adam West series, the 1970s Super Friends episodes, the actually quite enjoyable films of Joel Schumacher, and Batman's cameo appearances on Scooby-Doo. These were my creative touchstones as I completed my trilogy."

Nolan promised the new film would whisk children of all ages into the fun four-color world of Gotham City, and delight them with whimsical surprises, including an extended car chase through a paint factory, zoo, and outdoor wedding; a new Batmobile whose onboard computer is programmed with a childlike personality able to honk its horn to signal approval or retreat into an alley when scared; and a humorous subplot concerning the inability of Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) to get a Murphy bed to stay down.

The director also said Rises would be the "most merchandisable" Batman film in years, and he promised a vast array of licensed tie-ins, from infant onesies and light-up children's shoes to an expansion module for the Lego Batman video game and a special Dark Knight Rises edition of Monopoly featuring all the zany locations and characters from the film.

"Best of all, there will be absolutely none of the confusing moral ambiguity that dragged down The Dark Knight," Nolan said. "People don't want all that pompous 'Who's the real monster, Batman or the criminals he pursues?' junk. They want to see the Joker get a big sockeroo on the chin and get tangled up in a net. That's classic funny-book entertainment."

"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro. He's just naturally funny and a real cutup, which is what you want in the Joker."

Nolan confirmed he is open to continuing the franchise indefinitely on an accelerated pace of up to one feature per year, "as long as people keep going to see them," and he has asked fans to participate in a DC Comics online poll to select the next film's villains.

"As long as I get to give the movie-going public the whiz-bang action and goofy comedy they crave, I'm artistically satisfied," he added.

Opening July 20, The Dark Knight Rises stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and the yet-to-be-announced winner of the Nickelodeon/Capri Sun "I Wanna Co-star with Batman" Sweepstakes as either Robin or Batgirl.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #956
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
in the context of the scene she's talking about how she steals from the rich because they have more than they need. Bruce doesn't need a Lamborghini so she says that he's being unrealistic about the keys to a 100k plus car in his pocket
Indeed. I also view the line as a sassy double entendre.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #957
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

Gotta love The Onion.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Not.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #958
Charism
Side-Kick

What a clip, what an acting form Anne! *

*And what a crazy, idiotic emoticon. It was ": O".

Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #959
Hype_the_Hero
Side-Kick

How dare Nolan

Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #960
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
'Dark Knight Rises' Opts For Lighthearted, Cartoonish Tone

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dar...8746/?ref=auto

It was the best Nolan interview I've ever read.

this was his last post.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #961
Godmaul
Gotham's Rectuming

No sir, not the bonus tracks - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Im talking about Imagine the Fire, Necessary Evil, and Rise.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #962
Charism
Side-Kick

Mwahahaha at Onion interview. xD

Last edited by Charism; 07-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #963
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmaul View Post
No sir, not the bonus tracks - sorry if that wasn't clear.

Im talking about Imagine the Fire, Necessary Evil, and Rise.
I think you were clear. I just misunderstood. And I agree with you.

this was his last post.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #964
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charism View Post
He was serious? xD
Obviously Nolan is not one to joke about his inspirations.

this was his last post.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #965
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
I doubt it, in the context of the scene she's talking about how she steals from the rich because they have more than they need. Bruce doesn't need a Lamborghini so she says that he's being unrealistic about the keys to a 100k plus car in his pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Indeed. I also view the line as a sassy double entendre.
Agreed

Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #966
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

God. I hate the squeeling after every clip from the audience. I tried my utmost hardest to pause the clip right at the end but my fingers betrayed the command sent by my brain. I was late by a second a and had to endure what was no different than a screeching chalk pressing on a board; ruining a great clip.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #967
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjoedelonge View Post
just curious guys, but what shot from all the trailers, clips and teasers we have seen so far have gotten you guys the most excited for TDKR?
1) An overwhelmed Batman backing up from Bane
2) A more confident Batman swinging at Bane on the steps (love the lighting in that shot)
3) Batman and Catwoman fighting together on the rooftop
4) Bruce in the Batcave with Alfred, wearing the batsuit (without the cowl) while at the Batcomputer

Old 07-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #968
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
It's definitely an innuendo joke towards little Bruce. It's not the keys because remember its valet parking so he wouldn't have his keys

Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #969
J.Howlett

After watching that clip between Bruce and Selina, between this and Inception, I don't want to hear about Nolan being a "sexless" director.

Over.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #970
Bads316
Side-Kick

Quote:
She's talking about his willy, his manhood, his ability to stand up and be counted. Do you think Bruce would say 'ouch' about his car keys?

''Hold 'im up there, Kano! I don’t care if he wets himself and your head; that boy is gonna see somebody die!'' - Colonel Gentleman
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #971
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Actually, she's probably talking about both his manhood and his keys. Nice little multilayered dialogue there, Chris!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #972
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
It was the best Nolan interview I've ever read.
I know lol
Best part about that was this:

Quote:
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro. He's just naturally funny and a real cutup, which is what you want in the Joker."

Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #973
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiwolf View Post
Actually, she's probably talking about both his manhood and his keys. Nice little multilayered dialogue there, Chris!
There are no keys. Valet parking=no keys

Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #974
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

I know, but it's metaphorical. Testicles don't have much to do with a person's character or will to act (manhood), but that's where that concept resides in the human psyche. Same goes for the keys. They're in his pants.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #975
kvz5
HBIC

Just saw the clip. I loved it. Dat chemistry! The music made me sad for some reason.

I think it's safe to say that the Rykin stuff is all about her. Funny, Bruce stopped the dance after her speech but she still has the necklace so there's still more to that scene. She doeesn't have the necklace when she kissed him at that last TV spot.

Didn't Anne appear at 2 morning shows? Were there 2 different clips or one was just an extended version of the other?

Closed Thread