The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #76
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That would be like that stupid idea some director had for Iron Man before Favreau came on board, where he wanted to make Howard Stark the villain, invent his own suit of armour and become War Machine.
That does sound retarded.

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #77
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,063
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
That does sound retarded.
Yeah, especially since the movies did a great job establishing Howard Stark's reputation and character. Before he was just a memory of Tony's childhood, then he became a person in the Captain America movie. Comics these days have made a trend of destroying father figures.

__________________
The swordsmanship's first achievement is the unity of man and sword. Once this unity is attained even a blade of grass can be a weapon.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #78
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
While I agree Spider-Woman herself wasn't supernatural, the tone of the comic was pretty similar to Angel. Her 50 issue comic run was full of supernatural characters and had a frequently supernatural feel about it. Morgan Le Fay, her arch enemy, was frequently trying to take control of her and claim her as her own. The comic even ended in a supernatural way with Morgan apparently defeating Jessica and seemingly killing her when she went to battle Le Fay in the astral plane with Magnus the magician (who was both there at the start and end of her comic).

Then there was the Brothers Grimm, Nekra, Waxman, Werewolf by Night, Hangman, The Shroud, Madame Doll, etc. And even if they weren't completely supernatural, the villains were rather creepy or macabre, such as Gypsy Moth, Daddy Longlegs, etc.

It was only from issue 20 onwards (after encountering Spider-Man) that she finally decided she was an actual heroine. Before that she was rather morally ambiguous and couldn't quite decide whose side she wanted to be on. Then she became a bounty hunter, and then a private investigator, first in LA and then later in San Francisco where, in the last few issues of her comic it came full circle and the supernatural tone was back. She continued as a PI after she was brought back to life by Dr Strange and the Avengers and had lost her powers. So the PI aspect is even similar to Angel.

The only time she really operated as an agent was actually before her comic, during the Marvel Spotlight/ Marvel Two-In-One years when she was sent to kill Nick Fury/ battled Ben Grimm, and was still an agent of Hydra who thought she had evolved from a spider. Jessica was still a rather creepy character in the beginning though.

It's only in recent years when she was given her powers back by Hydra prior to New Avengers that she began operating as a spy again. However, for most of New Avengers that was Veranke the Skrull Queen anyway.

For reasons stated above, that's why I think if she had a tv series or a movie, it should be on the CW or should be made to appeal to Twilight/ Buffy fans. It doesn't need to be radically retooled at all, because it is already in that vein. After all, Buffy herself wasn't supernatural but fought supernatural villains. Jessica Drew is much the same.

So I would say the template for Spider-Woman would be a cross between Dark Angel, Buffy and Angel. Dark Angel had Jessica Alba as someone who had been groomed as a child by an evil organisation to be a killing machine but had then escaped. Buffy had SMG as a non supernatural but super powered female fighting mostly supernatural villains. And Angel had David Boreanaz as a vampire PI investigating macabre cases in a very dark LA. Incidentally, Spider-Woman's nickname in the comics was the Dark Angel of the Night.
as a movie i would go for a more straight up origin with Hydra. as a tv show, you could use the parts but i think the show would be all over the place if it were all supernatural. maybe have Hydra be behind the villains going after her.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #79
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

How should Spider-Woman look on film? Should the costume be altered for the big screen? If so, how?

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #80
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
How should Spider-Woman look on film? Should the costume be altered for the big screen? If so, how?
Her comic costume is such an iconic and sexy number that I say it should remain exactly as it is, totally skin tight and all, and showing off all those delicious curves. I don't want it to be made out of leather or have some kind of armour or snake skin. It should be smooth textured and tight, almost as if she's just wearing body paint.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #81
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker
 
Godzilla2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,844
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Her comic costume is such an iconic and sexy number that I say it should remain exactly as it is, totally skin tight and all, and showing off all those delicious curves. I don't want it to be made out of leather or have some kind of armour or snake skin. It should be smooth textured and tight, almost as if she's just wearing body paint.
And that would make Jessica Drew look like a cosplayer in a Halloween costume. Even the Acheson Spider-Man suit had added textures/patterning. Real-world fabric doesn't look like body paint as it does in comic books.



I was thinking about making the black lines somewhat glossy to make them eye-catching.

__________________
Fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #82
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,341
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
as a movie i would go for a more straight up origin with Hydra. as a tv show, you could use the parts but i think the show would be all over the place if it were all supernatural. maybe have Hydra be behind the villains going after her.
You would still have to have a central individual villain for Spider-Woman to fight in the climax, like Baron Strucker or Viper.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #83
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
You would still have to have a central individual villain for Spider-Woman to fight in the climax, like Baron Strucker or Viper.
Viper was a Spider-Woman villain, as was Silver Samurai. However Samurai is probably tied up with Fox and X-Men.

Viper wasn't as big a Spider-Woman villain as Morgan Le Fay. However, there were once rumours that actually Viper might have been Jessica's real mother, not Meriam Drew. I'd say there was a resemblance. However, Viper has black hair. Jessica's black hair is dyed or a wig in earlier issues. Her real hair colour is a reddish brown.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #84
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,341
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Viper was a Spider-Woman villain, as was Silver Samurai. However Samurai is probably tied up with Fox and X-Men.

Viper wasn't as big a Spider-Woman villain as Morgan Le Fay. However, there were once rumours that actually Viper might have been Jessica's real mother, not Meriam Drew. I'd say there was a resemblance. However, Viper has black hair. Jessica's black hair is dyed or a wig in earlier issues. Her real hair colour is a reddish brown.
Except this movie would be about Spider-Woman's origin and Spider-Woman's origin is tied to Hydra at this point. Viper makes more sense in a origin story then Morgan does.

Sometimes you can't start out with with the hero's nemesis in the first film. Mandarin is Iron Man's nemesis, But the film makers with Iron Monger as the villain from the first film.

As for whether Viper should Spider-Woman's mother, that plot point only work in a movie if Viper were in her 40s. So it depends whether the studio will want to have two woman in their 20s fight or one woman in her 20s and another in her 40s.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #85
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,830
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

statistically, when's the last time a female superhero story succeeded? Tomb Raider? I hope the lessons are learned from the other films that have bombed, like Supergirl..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #86
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Except this movie would be about Spider-Woman's origin and Spider-Woman's origin is tied to Hydra at this point. Viper makes more sense in a origin story then Morgan does.

Sometimes you can't start out with with the hero's nemesis in the first film. Mandarin is Iron Man's nemesis, But the film makers with Iron Monger as the villain from the first film.

As for whether Viper should Spider-Woman's mother, that plot point only work in a movie if Viper were in her 40s. So it depends whether the studio will want to have two woman in their 20s fight or one woman in her 20s and another in her 40s.
Well, unless Viper is made subject to the same age retardation process that Jessica has undergone (as a result of Jonathan Drew's experiments and the High Evolutionary), which could allow Viper to have been present during pre WWII and still appear to be the same age in the present. However, Jessica was also in semi suspended animation for decades. However, unlike Steve Rogers, who was completely frozen, Jessica did continue to grow, but just aged at a very slow rate.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #87
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,341
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well, unless Viper is made subject to the same age retardation process that Jessica has undergone (as a result of Jonathan Drew's experiments and the High Evolutionary), which could allow Viper to have been present during pre WWII and still appear to be the same age in the present. However, Jessica was also in semi suspended animation for decades. However, unlike Steve Rogers, who was completely frozen, Jessica did continue to grow, but just aged at a very slow rate.
That seems rather convoluted for a movie that is supposed to be aimed the general audience. A movie should be more stream lined then that. Frankly I always disliked that the fact that there are dozens if not hundreds of people in the MU who were in alive during the 1940s and yet they look like they are in their 20s or 30s. One or two people like that is fine, but too many and you begin to wonder why immorality is not readily available to almost everyone in the marvel universe.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #88
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs
 
Golgo-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Creative Mind
Posts: 24,456
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
statistically, when's the last time a female superhero story succeeded? Tomb Raider? I hope the lessons are learned from the other films that have bombed, like Supergirl..
Never. Hollywood keeps trying to play up the 'sexy' angle. I woman doesn't have to be all glamoured up to come off as strong and sexy. Looks are'nt nearly as important as practicality in pulling off a believable Heroine. Like i noted before, the female lead from The Killing; Gwen from Torchwood; the lead in NBC's Chase. All these woman were extremely believable heroines that weren't concerned about the make-up and tight pants. Look at female MMA fighters like the ones who fight in Strikeforce; Gina Carano, Misha Tate. Guys will find woman hot regardless....

__________________
"And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man."
- Gus Fring
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #89
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
You would still have to have a central individual villain for Spider-Woman to fight in the climax, like Baron Strucker or Viper.
viper would be better she has a story with Spider-Woman

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #90
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,341
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
viper would be better she has a story with Spider-Woman
Agreed, Viper would fit better, they have a history in the comics and its easy to tie her into the Hydra origin Spider-Woman has now.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #91
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Agreed, Viper would fit better, they have a history in the comics and its easy to tie her into the Hydra origin Spider-Woman has now.
It's not that Spider-Woman has a Hydra origin now. She always did have a Hydra origin (see Marvel Spotlight #32, Feb 1977). She was recruited and mentored by Count Otto Vermis (a high ranking Hydra commander) once she came out of suspended animation, and sent on secret missions to assassinate Fury and target Ben Grimm. I think even the High Evolutionary might've had potential Hydra ties.

When Viper appeared, I think there was even reference made to Jessica's Hydra background and even a hint back then that Viper might be Jess's mother. I'll have to dig out my old comics sometime.

The recent Spider-Woman Origins comic only tried to retcon and merge certain elements to reconcile different slightly accounts, but I feel that it made things even more confused, and certain things were just inconsistent and names slightly wrong. I don't see what was so difficult to accept before that Jessica had been falsely told that she was evolved from a spider (like other animals by the High Evolutionary on Wundagore) but that in fact (as later told) she had just been given special radiation treament and spider blood when she was sick. Hydra were known for their deception, so it's not difficult to believe they would've brainwashed her with ideas.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #92
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
It's not that Spider-Woman has a Hydra origin now. She always did have a Hydra origin (see Marvel Spotlight #32, Feb 1977). She was recruited and mentored by Count Otto Vermis (a high ranking Hydra commander) once she came out of suspended animation, and sent on secret missions to assassinate Fury and target Ben Grimm. I think even the High Evolutionary might've had potential Hydra ties.

When Viper appeared, I think there was even reference made to Jessica's Hydra background and even a hint back then that Viper might be Jess's mother. I'll have to dig out my old comics sometime.

The recent Spider-Woman Origins comic only tried to retcon and merge certain elements to reconcile different slightly accounts, but I feel that it made things even more confused, and certain things were just inconsistent and names slightly wrong. I don't see what was so difficult to accept before that Jessica had been falsely told that she was evolved from a spider (like other animals by the High Evolutionary on Wundagore) but that in fact (as later told) she had just been given special radiation treament and spider blood when she was sick. Hydra were known for their deception, so it's not difficult to believe they would've brainwashed her with ideas.
you are only going to get 2 hours max for a movie and you will need to drop/change/and yes make up somethings from the comics. the best story is her being a Hydra agent that goes rouge after finding out the truth about he past.

if we were to make comic movies like you want the first superman movie would have sucked. also what about blade, what we got in the movie wasn't what was in the comics.

Spider-Woman will be no different, they will drop things and change things for the movie to tell a story that gets it right not panel for panel from the comics.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #93
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick
 
HR-PUFF&STUFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,253
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

this story will never work for a movie-



Jessica Miriam Drew, daughter of Jonathan and Merriam Drew, was born in London, England. At a young age, Jessica was lethally poisoned by radiation while living near Mount Wundagore in Transia. In an attempt to save her life, her father injected her with an experimental serum based on irradiated spiders' blood. Because the serum did not have any apparent effect on her, the man who would come to be known as the High Evolutionary (Herbert Wyndham) placed her in a genetic accelerator. While in the accelerator, she aged at a decelerated rate. When she was finally released, decades later, Drew was only seventeen years old.
Jessica grew up on Mount Wundagore under the care of Lady Bova, one of the High Evolutionary's New Men. She was cared for and received the equivalent of a high school education. She eventually left when she did not appear to fit in. Her first few years were confusing as she adjusted to life among other humans.[2] Eventually, HYDRA, under the control of Count Otto Vermis, found and recruited her as a HYDRA agent.
Through brainwashing and manipulation, she was convinced she was not human but actually an evolved spider. During this time, she went by the alias of Arachne. As a HYDRA agent, she battled Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., until Jessica learned HYDRA's true nature. She quit HYDRA and turned on them, and was responsible for the fatal crash of HYDRA head Otto Vermis.




__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What made Hawkgirl so much more deserving of a spotlight than Aquaman? The answer is her vagina--
HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #94
JabarR
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,574
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
What should a Spider-Woman film be about?
I have a idea! What if the story began when Jessica was born to Dr. Alexander and Melissa Drew, but Melissa dies after give birth to their only child. Dr. Drew spends his entire life raising his daughter and devoting himself to his work to science, along with his partner, Dr. Richard Deacon. The two scientists were working on a breakthrough project, when Jessica visited her dad one day (Dr. Deacon wasn't there at the time) and a venomous spider escaped from its cage and bit Jessica while she was doing her homework. Desperate, Dr. Drew tries a serum that's never been tested, he not only saved his daughter's life, but the serum would give Jessica spider-like powers, strength, super speed and it would be able to fix any injury she would have...................

To be continued........................................

JabarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #95
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,965
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Drop the suspended animation, and New Men for that matter. Let her be a HYDRA agent who finds out she's not some test tube thing, but an actual person who used to have a family, and that HYDRA is not some sort of righteous organization, but really an evil cabal set on world destruction. I agree with Viper as a villain, and suggest SHIELD as an intermediate villain.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #96
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabarR View Post
I have a idea! What if the story began when Jessica was born to Dr. Alexander and Melissa Drew, but Melissa dies after give birth to their only child. Dr. Drew spends his entire life raising his daughter and devoting himself to his work to science, along with his partner, Dr. Richard Deacon. The two scientists were working on a breakthrough project, when Jessica visited her dad one day (Dr. Deacon wasn't there at the time) and a venomous spider escaped from its cage and bit Jessica while she was doing her homework. Desperate, Dr. Drew tries a serum that's never been tested, he not only saved his daughter's life, but the serum would give Jessica spider-like powers, strength, super speed and it would be able to fix any injury she would have...................

To be continued........................................
Why do you need to change the names of Jessica's parents? There seems no reason for that.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #97
JabarR
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,574
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Drop the suspended animation, and New Men for that matter. Let her be a HYDRA agent who finds out she's not some test tube thing, but an actual person who used to have a family, and that HYDRA is not some sort of righteous organization, but really an evil cabal set on world destruction. I agree with Viper as a villain, and suggest SHIELD as an intermediate villain.
Just hear the rest of it. After Jessica's near death experience, Dr. Drew drops the project and Dr. Deacon who wants the project only for money. Jessica prospers and becomes a very popular girl in school (which BTW does not go to her head), but on the night of her high school graduation, she finds out that her father was murdered and some of his files were stolen, she heartbroken and hurt by what has happen, but tries to move on, cause she knew her dad would want her to. She and her best friend, Rodney Hunt (who secretly had a crush on her since junior high) start Justice Magazine, then a mysterious woman enters Jessica's life and her name is Madame Web and warns her that danger is coming, but Jessica doesn't believe her. One day, two thugs (whom she had written about in her magazine) go after her and as she's running, she tripped, fell and rolled down cliff and as the two thugs followed her, they see a giant web cocoon, which starts to scare them, then suddenly the cocoon hatches (with disgusting ooze) and out comes Spider-Woman and Madame Web reappears and tell that its her destiny and to beware of a danger coming. Richard Deacon (the one who killed Dr. Drew) uses his files and he stole to create the ultimate DNA machine and takes genetically clone files and enters the pod and becomes a new man with superhuman strength and called himself, "The Human Fly" and vows to get revenge on the ones who laughed him out of the world of science.

Cast


Cerina Vincent as Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew



Ellen Burstyn as Madame Web



James Van Der Beek as Rodney Hunt



Tim Matheson as Dr. Alexander Drew



Ray Liotta as Dr. Richard Deacon/The Human Fly


JabarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #98
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 125
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

I don't like any of that casting...

OrangeCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #99
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCloud View Post
I don't like any of that casting...
Nor do I. And I don't like most of the characters either. Madame Web? Alexander Drew (instead of Jonatha Drew)? Rodney Hunt? Picking pictures from the cartoon? It sounds like it's destined to fail with that sort of approach and mish-mash of things which fails to respect the source material and just makes up its own canon.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #100
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,830
Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

I hope that jess gets some shine in a future marvel film..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.