The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Binker
Side-Kick

Default Powers and Abilities as seen in MOS

Might as well make this a sticky thread.

Anyway, we've talked about Superman's costume from MOS, for or against the trunks was a seperate topic, the glasses, and his character, but what we haven't discuss yet is how Superman's powers and abilities will be protrayed in the upcoming film. Maybe it's not seen as something big to talk about, but it really is. And we're not just talking about power levels, though that still counts, but on how much of what he can do will be seen, and will it be seen as believable given the grounded universe the film is set in.

I'm posting this topic after the Comic Con footage was revealed, and it showed Superman flying, his strength, and his invulnerability, and the effects of them all (such as limits, speeds of his flying, etc).

Because this is both a speculation thread, and a discussion thread; sound off here on everything relating to Superman's powers and abilities in MOS here.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Default Re: Powers and Abilities as seen in MOS

I would prefer him to not discover all his powers at once. Just like as a child he first discovers he is strong. I would like his heat vision to be revealed in a climatic moment, perhaps against Zod. Oh and lose the x-ray vision.

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Looks like Supermans flight powers will be potrayed in a Neo-esque manner except just like it was in Smallville except without excessive Slow mo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
I would prefer him to not discover all his powers at once. Just like as a child he first discovers he is strong. I would like his heat vision to be revealed in a climatic moment, perhaps against Zod. Oh and lose the x-ray vision.
WHAT!Its one of his most useful powers.Id rather they loose freeze breath.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
elgaz
Side-Kick

It's kinda all been discussed here has it not?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=348727

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote