The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 06-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #76
Aggressive Sock

Thumbs up Re: Advanced Tickets for TDKR

Got my tickets as soon as the theatre showed up on fandango. Got midnight Imax tickets for my friends and I. I would love to see the marathon in Imax but unfortunately the only Imax showing it is a fake Imax. So i'd rather just get TDKR in real Imax like I saw TDK in.

However, just picked up a couple days ago, marathon tickets in standard. So we're gonna watch BB and TDK in standard, then go to the Imax theatre for the midnight showing of TDKR. Best of both worlds. Didn't wanna miss 1 last chance to see BB and TDK on the big screen. The price of the marathon is $25, and the IMAX midnight for TDKR is $15, so it's the same price as it would have been if the IMAX had the marathon showing($40).

Prob. gonna have to leave TDK early to get decent seats, but it's all worth the experience.

Aggressive Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #77
the1999person
New User - Level 0

Default Re: Advanced Tickets for TDKR

How many people are dressing in some form of costume or mask for the premire? I have a batman logo shirt that I will deffinately wear, but I'm sure everyone else will too.

I did catch these on facebook

http://www.audiolife.com/store/gkyclothing

http://www.facebook.com/gkyclothing

Following the "In Nolan We Trust" sig. I like the coin, but I'm a man of simpler tastes (bullets and gasoline) so the slogan shirt may be my first choice.

the1999person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #78
Clag

Got my tix for the IMAX midnight show. Extremely pumped! Just hoping that this one can live up to the hype.

Clag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #79
Batgirl98

Man, getting my tickets was a hassle. First I got standard because they weren't showing it in IMAX (or at least according to the site). I go there because I see on another site that they are. So I try to get tickets for that and I can't without taking the very front row. So I looked at the marathon, but they were only showing it in standard. So, I finally got Ultra AVX (Basically my theater's rebranding of IMAX, to my knowledge) tickets in the center section just off to the side a bit.

Batgirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #80
FueledByKass
New User - Level 0

Hi. I'm new here, and I need some help. Can anybody tell me where in New York City is the premiere is going to be, and at what time? I don't know if this goes here. So, thank you for your help.

FueledByKass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #81
Dannyboy3D
Newbie First Class

Don't know where, but I did just read that a July 16 premiere is happening in NYC.

I'm bummed because I see nothing for LA, and advance screening tickets that were being given away were gone in 30 mins.

Dannyboy3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #82
steezymcfresh
Side-Kick

I got tix to a July 19 screening but it's not in IMAX. I'll have to see it again at an IMAX theater. It's probably better to get the 2nd viewing on IMAX anyways rather than downgrading for the 2nd viewing.

steezymcfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #83
Flappy
Side-Kick

I have tickets for Saturday at 6:15pm at the Lincoln Square 13.

Do people recommend to start lining up for the next show as soon as the previous one starts? I've never done this before.

Flappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #84
darkjedi4z
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post

Do people recommend to start lining up for the next show as soon as the previous one starts? I've never done this before.
To get good seats, yes I would. Call me crazy, but on midnight IMAX showing, I'm gonna be waiting almost half the day after hearing what happened a year ago with Harry Potter.

darkjedi4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #85
Chromatics
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappy View Post

If you're trying to get the best seats then definitely. When me and my brother saw Avengers, we were the first ones there for the next show and not long after like maybe 20 minutes there was a line that stretched out through the doors.

Chromatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #86
Suppis

So wait you don't buy the ticket for the seat but it's first come, first serve policy? That sucks.

Suppis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #87
Chromatics
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppis View Post
So wait you don't buy the ticket for the seat but it's first come, first serve policy? That sucks.
Think theaters have always been like that.

Chromatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #88
Silent_Guardian
Banned User

Got my tickets for exactly 24 hours from now at the nice theater 10 miles away, and then will see it again at the dump down the street at 11:30 on Friday

Silent_Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #89
roach
I am the night

a friend of mine is at the Burbank mall watching Amazing Spider-man and he says the line is already forming....10pm on Wed nite

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #90
Silent_Guardian
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
a friend of mine is at the Burbank mall watching Amazing Spider-man and he says the line is already forming....10pm on Wed nite
That's cray. I'm safe for tomorrow night because of assigned seating, but Friday morning is going to suck.

Last edited by Silent_Guardian; 07-19-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Silent_Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #91
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Guardian View Post
That's cray. I'm safe for tomorrow night because of assigned seating, but Friday morning is going to suck.
yeah i thought mine was gonna have assigned seating but it doesn't...i'll be leaving my house in a few(10am) just to see what its like there...I am going the marathon that starts at 6pm

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote