The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #276
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

I'm going to try to get MM, after I finished Chapter 3 for GSE and level to 65 so I can get the Trench. I'll equip my Agent with MM, GSE, QJ, and probably CR as the fourth item.

Btw, I wonder if Playdom will give us anything new from Comic Con.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #277
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I'm going to try to get MM, after I finished Chapter 3 for GSE and level to 65 so I can get the Trench. I'll equip my Agent with MM, GSE, QJ, and probably CR as the fourth item.

Btw, I wonder if Playdom will give us anything new from Comic Con.
Did you collect the free Fantastic Formula item that Marvel was offering on their website? I've yet to use it, but it gives a random buff to all members of your team, which sounds kind of interesting. Just go to Marvel.com's Comic-Con page and there's a big banner in the middle of the page after scrolling down a bit.

http://marvel.com/sdcc2012

Old 07-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #278
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Did you collect the free Fantastic Formula item that Marvel was offering on their website? I've yet to use it, but it gives a random buff to all members of your team, which sounds kind of interesting. Just go to Marvel.com's Comic-Con page and there's a big banner in the middle of the page after scrolling down a bit.

http://marvel.com/sdcc2012
Yeah, I got it and tried it a few times, but the random buff isn't to my liking. I'll stick with my Gamma Generator for now.

It's going to be hard narrowing down what items to equip my Agent later, because I'll be going for MM and MFG, and then PO4 and SBP after that. And it's hard to decide between Coulson's Revenge (for the buff) and Curative Reach because both are quite useful in certain situation. Furthermore, I got QJ not long ago and now I can't imagine going through a PVP without it. I wish there are more than 4 item slots to use.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #279
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I got it and tried it a few times, but the random buff isn't to my liking. I'll stick with my Gamma Generator for now.

It's going to be hard narrowing down what items to equip my Agent later, because I'll be going for MM and MFG, and then PO4 and SBP after that. And it's hard to decide between Coulson's Revenge (for the buff) and Curative Reach because both are quite useful in certain situation. Furthermore, I got QJ not long ago and now I can't imagine going through a PVP without it. I wish there are more than 4 item slots to use.
I'll go for MM after I'm done with 8-5, but I'm not sure that I'll go for the MFG or PO4. I'll probably go after the SBP again since that chapter is just XP rich and I can really level up my lower level heroes.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:35 AM   #280
henry_9305
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I have his Avengers Blaster costume so I'm not sure I'll get his movie costume. I have around 78 CP and also about 10 gold so I'm kind of waiting now to see what CP hero they introduce next. I've been hearing that the next Spec Ops hero is going to be Rogue, so I may start saving up any energy I get sent to go full-bore on that.
I don't have much CP too but imo Thor is very useful when doing premium mission so I bought it anyway lol.

btw Cap's movie costume just got upgraded. It starts with three turns of Shield guard.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #281
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_9305 View Post
I don't have much CP too but imo Thor is very useful when doing premium mission so I bought it anyway lol.

btw Cap's movie costume just got upgraded. It starts with three turns of Shield guard.
I'm thinking about getting Cap's WWII costume, and uses it for my Cap in PVP when I'm AFK because I know the AI never activates SG on its own, at least I've never came across a Cap when I'm doing PVP that does, anyway.

I'm surprised that they would give Cap's alt a buff, to be frank; there are so many heroes that need a buff, like Nightcrawler and most of the Fantastic Four, and I don't think they need to encourage players to use Cap more than they already have. I hope there will be more surprises from Comic Con than just this buff.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #282
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting Cap's WWII costume, and uses it for my Cap in PVP when I'm AFK because I know the AI never activates SG on its own, at least I've never came across a Cap when I'm doing PVP that does, anyway.

I'm surprised that they would give Cap's alt a buff, to be frank; there are so many heroes that need a buff, like Nightcrawler and most of the Fantastic Four, and I don't think they need to encourage players to use Cap more than they already have. I hope there will be more surprises from Comic Con than just this buff.
They are slowly rolling out new passives for each character. At Comic-Con, they are supposedly going to unveil the next phase/update of the game, plus new costumes and heroes that will be released soon.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #283
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

From Comic-Con, a producer gave some hints at what's to come:
Emma Frost

Rogue also pretty much confirmed.

Chapter 12 'will be awesome'.

More information on Spec Ops 2 at the Marvel Games panel (Saturday 13:45 PST), and something 'really exciting'.

More achievements to be unlockable on Marvel XP.

New alternate costumes: Future Foundation Mr. Fantastic, Classic Yellow Daredevil (and more to be revealed on Saturday).

Old 07-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #284
roach
I am the night

Jumping to new stuff, they brought up the free-to-play Avengers Alliance. They announced all new costumes for Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Daredevil, and all of the Future Foundation members. Some all new characters will be coming to the game: Magik, Rogue, Tigra, Valkyrie, Emma Frost, Quicksilver, Beast, Gambit and Havok. They also teased Avengers vs. X-Men content that would launch shortly, including new AvX themed costumes for Colossus, Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Magik.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 07-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #285
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Jumping to new stuff, they brought up the free-to-play Avengers Alliance. They announced all new costumes for Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Daredevil, and all of the Future Foundation members. Some all new characters will be coming to the game: Magik, Rogue, Tigra, Valkyrie, Emma Frost, Quicksilver, Beast, Gambit and Havok. They also teased Avengers vs. X-Men content that would launch shortly, including new AvX themed costumes for Colossus, Cyclops, Emma Frost, and Magik.
Looks like I'll be saving up my CP for awhile now. It would be nice if they put in more Avengers-aligned characters than X-Men since most of the new characters are typically X-Men, except for Tigra and Valkyrie.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #286
roach
I am the night

Coming this fall, the special operations chapter will include the debut of Magik as a playable character in the game, and new "Phoenix Five" costumes for Cyclops, Colossus, and Emma Frost. The fifth member of the “Phoenix Five” will be unique to the Marvel: Avengers Alliance storyline, and will be revealed to players as they progress through the AvX-related missions.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 07-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #287
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Coming this fall, the special operations chapter will include the debut of Magik as a playable character in the game, and new "Phoenix Five" costumes for Cyclops, Colossus, and Emma Frost. The fifth member of the ďPhoenix FiveĒ will be unique to the Marvel: Avengers Alliance storyline, and will be revealed to players as they progress through the AvX-related missions.
I think the 5th Phoenix Five member will be Namor since he's been heavily hinted at in previous missions and that's who it is in the comics. Looks like they'll slowly be rolling them out instead of all at once, allowing us to get some CP built up.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #288
roach
I am the night

Namor....yessss

Old 07-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #289
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Here's a look at what those Phoenix Five costumes will look like:

Old 07-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #290
roach
I am the night

interesting that they aren't showing Namor

Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 AM   #291
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
interesting that they aren't showing Namor
Looks like Namor won't be part of the Phoenix Five grouping, as your agent will be the fifth member. That probably means a new suit will be available for us to use.

Quote:
Singh reiterated some of the news that Avengers Alliance on Facebook will be doing an AvX event that involves four of the Phoenix Five with the player jumping in as the fifth.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #292
roach
I am the night

dammmit I want more Avengers not X-men....where's Vison, Wonderman, Moon knight, Capt Marvel

Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #293
zenith16
Side-Kick

It could be most likely due to "vision "being dead their just pushing certain characters way back. wonder man was never really that big/ popular and each time he show's up in a tv animated series some one from ether the tv net work their airing that show on or some nut from marvel in charge of their tv entertainment seems to cancel it. Their just not right in the head . They must figure due to an avenger's show always being canceled not a lot of people other then fan's of the comic's know that capt marvel joined them.

It's obvious with moon night. they never reach a season to expose him to people out side of comic's. i'm sure they'll be there eventually. But the word "Alliance"( which means people other the ones who have freaking joined the team / organization at one point) is here being used and the other heroes you don't want were left out MUA(" Marvel universe" Alliance ) games. ??? which made more sense to add them there , since the word " marvel universe" should include all of them. But some people were saying to leave them out. which is ridiculous in my opinion. Well this is what happens.

And lastly with the way the comic's are headed now . with how I said Bendis see's (and now marvel as a whole) most of the heroes as avengers and look where their marvel entertainment/comic's headed most of those that characters in this game that weren't will be avengers come this fall in the books.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #294
Raiden

Quote:
dammmit I want more Avengers not X-men....where's Vison, Wonderman, Moon knight, Capt Marvel
I'm a bit disappointed that they don't have other Avengers, but I must admit that I'm excited about the AvX X-Men outfits, and I think it would be cool if they will be as good as those Avengers movie costumes. I'm currently saving up CP, and I hope they will give us a cool new character this Thursday.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #295
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed that they don't have other Avengers, but I must admit that I'm excited about the AvX X-Men outfits, and I think it would be cool if they will be as good as those Avengers movie costumes. I'm currently saving up CP, and I hope they will give us a cool new character this Thursday.
But looking over lists of past Avengers members, they've gotten most of them in the game already, save for maybe about 10 that people would recognize at all. I just think Marvel has done a better job at creating many more mutants/X-Men that are recognizable and have detailed back histories.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #296
lixdexia
Blood Angels

like magik or however you spell it? no, **** that.

Vision, Ant-man, Wasp, Wonder Man, Tigra, the Falcon, Captain Marvel, Nova, Hercules, Black Knight, Crystal, Tri-Athalon, Justice, Firestar, Quasar, Crystal, Captain Britain, Ares...
you've even got some cross over characters you can hit like Quicksilver (a glaring absence imo), Beast, and Namor (who's rumored to be happening)
all of these guys should dhow up before we get more x-men characters

it's about what books marvel is trying to shove down your throat.

dictated, not read.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #297
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
like magik or however you spell it? no, **** that.

Vision, Ant-man, Wasp, Wonder Man, Tigra, the Falcon, Captain Marvel, Nova, Hercules, Black Knight, Crystal, Tri-Athalon, Justice, Firestar, Quasar, Crystal, Captain Britain, Ares...
you've even got some cross over characters you can hit like Quicksilver (a glaring absence imo), Beast, and Namor (who's rumored to be happening)
all of these guys should dhow up before we get more x-men characters

it's about what books marvel is trying to shove down your throat.
yup pretty much what uncanny avengers is all about, all those characters being added from the x-men will be in that book. This is what that's about. they still think this'll contribute to the books sales in the end some how.

which is why I said come this fall or next year when marvel does their big change "most those that weren't avenger's will be" hold's water. The other heroes are being used as a spring board for the avengers to take off from .

And this their answer to how dc's been pushing the JL with most of their other teams taking order's from the league founders of the JL. It'll be the same some what with marvel to a degree.

Last edited by zenith16; 07-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #298
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

The new characters and costumes besides the Phoenix Five:

Old 07-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #299
roach
I am the night

The game is advertising that "Long live the Queen" is coming soon. I am figuring the next character is Emma Frost.
The level 9 mission is called The Syndicate

Old 07-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #300
henry_9305
Side-Kick

Here is a free gun offered called "Stark Industries Isotope Canon". I don't know when it will expire so make sure you claim it fast.
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=...snA=115&tnum=2

Last edited by henry_9305; 07-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Closed Thread