The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #101
SFactor123

Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

I don't think that it would be a good idea of making a film with Spider woman in it. However if it has to be made then I would love to see Nina Dobrev in it. She is young,Beautiful,talented and has a great body which will is the demand of the character.

portable countertop dishwashers

Last edited by SFactor123; 07-21-2012 at 04:02 AM.
SFactor123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #102
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I like the idea of a Spider-woman movie myself, but I don't see Marvel going for it right now. Maybe if she appeared in an Avengers sequel, but I feel that Marvel are more likely to go with other Avengers before her.

Also, I personally don't want to see an origin that references the High Evolutionary or similar rubbish. It would probably be best to keep her tied up with Hydra and keep her as an actual human. I also don't want to see something that caters to the Buffy/Twilight crowd. I think there's enough of that sort of thing already, we don't need more and I think for many at this point Spider-woman is more associated with being a SHIELD and/or HYDRA spy.

I wouldn't mind seeing how they could translate her costume to screen. Hopefully they could do something similar to the Raimi Spider-man films where it's essentially the same design, but with changes to make it look better on screen.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #103
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't think a Spider-Woman movie is going to happen because of the upcoming Spider-Man movies but I hope she appears in one of the Avengers movies.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #104
Creo
Side-Kick

I agree with Psylockolussus. As long as Spider-Man is in production and is doing well, I don't think Spider-Woman will see any light in movies. I especially don't see it happening with Spider-Man not being in the MCU.

Creo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #105
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creo View Post
I agree with Psylockolussus. As long as Spider-Man is in production and is doing well, I don't think Spider-Woman will see any light in movies. I especially don't see it happening with Spider-Man not being in the MCU.
What does Spider-Man not being in the MCU have to do with Spider-Woman? Sony doesn't own Spider-Woman, she doesn't fall under the whole Spider-Man package, and she's unconnected to Spider-Man apart from her name.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #106
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think a Spider-Woman movie is going to happen because of the upcoming Spider-Man movies but I hope she appears in one of the Avengers movies.
I agree, but it's fun to talk about anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabarR View Post
Just hear the rest of it. After Jessica's near death experience, Dr. Drew drops the project and Dr. Deacon who wants the project only for money. Jessica prospers and becomes a very popular girl in school (which BTW does not go to her head), but on the night of her high school graduation, she finds out that her father was murdered and some of his files were stolen, she heartbroken and hurt by what has happen, but tries to move on, cause she knew her dad would want her to. She and her best friend, Rodney Hunt (who secretly had a crush on her since junior high) start Justice Magazine, then a mysterious woman enters Jessica's life and her name is Madame Web and warns her that danger is coming, but Jessica doesn't believe her. One day, two thugs (whom she had written about in her magazine) go after her and as she's running, she tripped, fell and rolled down cliff and as the two thugs followed her, they see a giant web cocoon, which starts to scare them, then suddenly the cocoon hatches (with disgusting ooze) and out comes Spider-Woman and Madame Web reappears and tell that its her destiny and to beware of a danger coming. Richard Deacon (the one who killed Dr. Drew) uses his files and he stole to create the ultimate DNA machine and takes genetically clone files and enters the pod and becomes a new man with superhuman strength and called himself, "The Human Fly" and vows to get revenge on the ones who laughed him out of the world of science.

Cast

Cerina Vincent as Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew
Ellen Burstyn as Madame Web
James Van Der Beek as Rodney Hunt
Tim Matheson as Dr. Alexander Drew
Ray Liotta as Dr. Richard Deacon/The Human Fly
Okay, so you're basically using the cartoon, is that it? That's okay-ish, I guess, but Spider-Woman has grown a lot since the 70s in the comics, and some/a lot of those changes have been for the better, imho. Also, Madame Webb is a Spider-Man character, so she isn't available for the MCU. And Cerina Vincent can't really pass for a teenager doing homework anymore, y'know? And then it also hurts that this plot is incredibly similar to The Amazing Spider-Man, though you may not have seen that before writing this.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #107
Ben Breeck
Side-Kick

I have been working on a Spider Woman screenplay based on Bendis and the Luna Brothers' Spider Woman: Origin miniseries, (which means that Jessica was born and grew up in the 80s/90s) albeit with a few changes to better fit it into the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

1: I've taken out the High Evolutionary, who works much better for a Thor or X-Men movie.

2: I've taken out Taskmaster. That pirate garb just doesn't fit the tone of the MCU and would just be laughed off the screen. Besides, Taskmaster works about as well as a true believer of any sort as would say, Bullseye or Deadpool.

3: I've changed the Dialogue to better reflect the Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury.

4: I've changed the Dialogue to give Jessica a little more of a British flavor, particularly when she's angry. Oh, and I've been picturing her as Emma Watson.

5: I've replaced Madam Hydra (Who would have basically come out of nowhere simply for a cameo, causing most non-comic readers in the audience to scratch their collective heads) with Red Skull.

Ben Breeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #108
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I really doubt there will ever be one agree with allot of you, with Spiderman it's difficult.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #109
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creo View Post
After finding out today that Fox has placed that Peanuts movie to square off against Antman on 11/6/15 while clearly knowing how touchy the subject around Marvel films and rights are. (Yeah the audacity!) I think the gloves should come off and have Disney throw the kitchen sink at'em. If they weren't press about getting the rights back for FF they should be now.

Doesn't FF have to be in production by 2014 and released in 2015? Well this would be a perfect time to release an Incredible's sequel and release it on whatever date FF releases.

We wont be getting any FF team ups anytime soon but Fox wont be making any money off of it either...

As for Spider-woman...who cares about Sony. I say make a film that's would certainly be better than any crap Sony would come up with in a Venom spin off.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #110
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
After finding out today that Fox has placed that Peanuts movie to square off against Antman on 11/6/15 while clearly knowing how touchy the subject around Marvel films and rights are. (Yeah the audacity!) I think the gloves should come off and have Disney throw the kitchen sink at'em. If they weren't press about getting the rights back for FF they should be now.

You're a parody account, right? Kudos

Anyway Spider-Woman is one of the least interesting Marvel characters. Yuck

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #111
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

I see evidence of you typing but there's still no relevance regarding it.

My post stands..

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #112
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

But...she...can fly! and fire blasts! and...Bendis likes her!!!

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #113
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

I don't think she's popular enough for a movie.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #114
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

You're probably right, which is a shame as I always liked her character.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #115
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

She would work better on TV, maybe in the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. series and somehow address the various different characters with the Spider-Woman title. I always pictured a sort of Birds of Prey thing going for the characters with Mattie Franklin thrown in somewhere. Any ideas for a cast?

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #116
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I love her. And I think she's a character Bendis writes brilliantly. Although we must remember she spent allot of time as a Skrull

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #117
Edguy
Banned User

Yeah, no. The world isn't ready for these kind of heroes yet.

Last edited by Edguy; 11-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #118
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I want to see spiderwoman on screen regardless. red outfit, black outfit, whatever. jessica drew, where are you...

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #119
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I always wanted Jessica Drew to have the same sort of fan-devotion as Barbara Gordon/Oracle gets, a character you can immediately picture from your childhood's Hanna-Barbera saturated characters but still so contemporary that you can't help yourself but enjoy every bit of her on-screen. Not just the sex-factor, but also a "superhero" coolness about her. It's hard to find an English actress like that (at least with American actresses that sort of familiarisation is immediate on-screen). I don't know if these ladies qualify for that, but why not the obvious ones for the part?

For Jessica Drew:

Emily Blunt (she'd have made an excellent Black Widow but the role belongs to ScarJo now; and she'd be much better utilised as Spider-Woman than as Ms. Marvel. And also, if there's anyone who was born to play a morally-ambiguous and yet sexy spy, it's this girl)

Kate Beckinsale (aside from Underworld establishing her as a capable action heroine who can draw an audience, Kate has proven herself as a capable actress as well. She'd be a bit older for the role, but I don't think that's necessarily a problem. I do fear, however, that she'd have to push herself to be a convincing femme fatale, she always comes off as a sympathetic figure to me.)

and Rosemund Pike (not exactly the first hot Brit who comes to mind, but Pike's always had a curious potential that felt underused in all her performances, she lost the part of Moira to Rose Byrne, who knows maybe all those experiences as a Bond Girl could pay off? I like that she isn't as high-profile as the others.)

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #120
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I'm not sure if this was the thread, but I once suggested an idea for how they could use Spider-Woman in the SHIELD TV show with maximum flexibility: have her be a villainous agent of Hydra at first, a recurring enemy. Then, reveal that her origin involved deep brainwashing, which the heroes manage to undo. At that point, you can have her become a hero, die, or revert to villainy more or less based on how the audience takes to her.

. . .that said, you are probably going to have to ditch or heavily alter both the code name and the costume.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #121
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I'll continue with my multiple casting, tell me what you guys think of em. Next up it's Julia Carpenter, played by...

Michelle Ryan (I've seen her cast as Jessica Drew and it certainly makes sense, but if Kate Beckinsale plays Drew than I think Michelle would make for an awesome Spider-Woman II/Arachne)

Gina Carano (while Carpenter is popularly depicted as lithe, her physicality has always been more graceful while at the same time being rough. Carano can pull both off really well. It'd be a different way to view the character but I think it'd be really fun)

and now for the unpopular selection: Christy Carlson Romano (hear me out on this one; not only is Romano a promising actress, she would be an unconventional choice for the role, the voice-actress for Kim Possible has proven that she can play tough and handle an action role and while her most popular show as been next to Shia LaBeouf in Disney's Even Stevens, she's come a long way since her dorky days as studious Ren. I think it'd be fun to see how she handles being Spider-Woman)

I know that none of these actresses are cherry-blonde but I don't think hair-colour is really an issue at all during casting.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #122
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Then we have the youngest individual to don the persona: Mattie Franklin, as portrayed by...

Alexis Bledel (I think it was Sin City but something about Bledel has always made me favour her during fan-casts, especially for younger characters. She's not quite the ditsy punk -- a contradiction I know -- as Mattie is but being a talented actress you'd think it might be a challenging part for her, it'd certainly be interesting to see her in a role like that)

Chloe Dykstra (a relatively unknown at this point, she's starting to pop up in a lot of places, is of the right age and get this -- appeared in Spider-Man 2 as one of the passengers on the Train. If Raimi-verse is canon, you'd think she picked up the mantle during Peter's absence in that movie in some bizarre expanded version of the film)

Lyndsy Fonseco (the girl from Kick-Ass. She appeared in Boston Public and has some experience playing a character in a sprawling urban crime-drama, perfect for Mattie and of the right age as well)

Tania Raymonde (the girl from Malcolm in the Middle)

Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #123
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Basically the cast I'm putting up is in reference to Raimi's Spider-Man films, I know the characters aren't directly linked or involved but that's how I've imagined these to stand out as. To conclude the list, here's Charlotte Witter, aka the evil Spider-Woman, portrayed by...

Milla Jovovich ( what? I'm allowed to have some fun)

Charlize Theron

and... Laura Herring

Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #124
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

...no excuse not to give a nod to Jessica Drew in a near-future Marvel film; Iron Man 4, Avengers 2, etc.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 AM   #125
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

What about the actress who plays Morgana in the Merlin TV series?

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote