The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 07-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default The Bucky Better Hook Up With Black Widow Or I Will Get Angry thread

Natasha and Bucky has to be one of my faveourite relationships in the MU. If they ditch that in the movie, which we all know will mean that they'll ditch that in the comics, I will cry. If Clint and Natasha become an item again, I will cry some more. I'm all for sexual and love...ual tention between them, I like that dynamic, but nothing more.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The Bucky Better Hook Up With Black Widow Or I Will Get Angry thread

Black Widow is not even in this movie.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Bucky Better Hook Up With Black Widow Or I Will Get Angry thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Black Widow is not even in this movie.
We're not sure about that yet. Feige has said some SHIELD agents would likely show up on CA2 so I wouldn't rule it out.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

It's rumored that both she and Hawkeye will be involved. And that the movie will feature some background on them and develop their relationship.

Which would be complete bunk if it were true.

As for the topic, I say they should certainly feature their past relationship, but in the present, they could go either way.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
LauraT
Side-Kick

It make sense if one or other show up, especially BW given the WS connection. I guess Marvel would also be keen for them to have another outing before Avengers 2 if possible, and this is already supposed to feature SHIELD heavily.

LauraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I think the case can be made for them having history, depending on how closely they follow the comic-book origin story on WS. Of course, if Tasha hooked up with *both* Hawkeye and WS in the past, it could make her look pretty ****ty....

....which is in keeping with comic-book canon precisely. So....yeah

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Chewy
REDACTED

Having two sexual partners makes one look ****ty?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Natasha has an undeserved reputation in that regards.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 07-19-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Natasha's always struck me as a Russian, female Bond for Marvel. Maybe more on the killer side as a Russian, but definitely closer to a covert agent with SHIELD. It makes sense that she would use her feminine assets much in the same manner as Bond, but I don't think she's the type of person to just sleep with whomever. Besides, so far, nothing's been explicitly stated that she and Clint were physically involved in the movieverse. Fans understand that it's likely happened, but it really isn't part of their history until it's actually said or showed on screen. The same sort of approach can be taken with Bucky. I'd say it doesn't have to be explicit with him, either, just acknowledged that there is a history between them and that they were emotionally closer than most fellow operatives.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Natasha has an undeserved reputation in that regards.
This.

I would prefer the film not become bogged down with romantic subplots, especially for fan catering. Steve and (Sharon?) will be enough. Even the subplot with Peggy added, the narrative is still balanced.

jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

So Tony Stark doesn't look ****** since he's a man whore.

But if Natasha has slept with two men, she has a reputation?

That is what is wrong in this sexist world of comics.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
So Tony Stark doesn't look ****** since he's a man whore.

But if Natasha has slept with two men, she has a reputation?

That is what is wrong in this sexist world of comics.
Well, in fairness, Tony never hooked up with two women who were important characters in the films, only one true-love type thing

If Natasha hooked up with some random shield agent, and then dated Bucky, it wouldn't be much of an issue... but we're emotionally invested in both Hawkeye and Bucky, so it creates more uncomfortability

That said, double standards are kind of all over the place, both in comics, but also even worse in Hollywood.
It seems comics take a lot of heat lately for something they do better than many other mediums

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Well they don't have to go straight into the whole romantic angle with Black Widow and Winter Soldier... I think Balck Widow can be used to ground the terror that is The Winter Solider, while through Cap you get that shock of seeing his closest friend from his WW2 days still alive!!

In Avengers we did see her mention that she had red in a ledger, hopefully some of those things she did was with the Winter Soldier!! So when his introduced, you actually see the fear in eyes and it's like "this ish just got serious" type thing!!

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #14
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Natasha hooked up with some random shield agent, and then dated Bucky, it wouldn't be much of an issue... but we're emotionally invested in both Hawkeye and Bucky, so it creates more uncomfortability

That said, double standards are kind of all over the place, both in comics, but also even worse in Hollywood.
It seems comics take a lot of heat lately for something they do better than many other mediums
Here's the thing, though. She doesn't do hook up. She was in a monogamous, committed relationship with each of her love interests. It isn't as if a typical Black Widow appearance has her showing up in some random dude's bed.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #15
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Well they don't have to go straight into the whole romantic angle with Black Widow and Winter Soldier... I think Balck Widow can be used to ground the terror that is The Winter Solider, while through Cap you get that shock of seeing his closest friend from his WW2 days still alive!!

In Avengers we did see her mention that she had red in a ledger, hopefully some of those things she did was with the Winter Soldier!! So when his introduced, you actually see the fear in eyes and it's like "this ish just got serious" type thing!!
Just making mention of her possibly working with WS or even having knowledge of him would be good enough to connect the MCU.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Well, that's an assumption
We know very little about her relationship with Hawkeye, and even less about what her potential relationship with Bucky could be
Besides, I was just making the comparison to Tony's random hook-ups

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

How can they have a history? How much sooner was WS discovered and thawed before Capt? It'd have to have been quite some time before in order for them to have any sort of history, right?

OrangeCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCloud View Post
How can they have a history? How much sooner was WS discovered and thawed before Capt? It'd have to have been quite some time before in order for them to have any sort of history, right?
He was thawed and refrozen throughout the years.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

So, then, initially way before Capt was ever thawed for good?

Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
Chewy
REDACTED

Yeah.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

Okie doke. Makes sense, then.

Well, I like Renner more than Stan, so down with WS!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
marcvader
Lurker #1

This is a friggin Cap movie so I don't care for any time spent on a romantic relationship that is not directly regarding Steve Rogers.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
This is a friggin Cap movie so I don't care for any time spent on a romantic relationship that is not directly regarding Steve Rogers.
Same... plus I'm not really sure I want to see Widow with slowed aging in the flicks

Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #24
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I want this ever since having a similar idea in the love interest for Cap thread.

I assume this movie would be taking place pre-Avengers, so it could be before Natasha started working for Shield, and she ends up working with Winter Soldier/Bucky.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #25
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Iron Man didn't really have a love interest. Pepper was the lead female character yeah, but there's nothing wrong with love interests in superhero movies, it just doesn't have to be at the forefront.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote