Definitely a trailer early winter.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #27
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

I'm thinking Tony's house gets blown up in result of the Mandarin. Because you know... a villain would probably do something like that.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #28
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The stunt pic is pretty cool and I loved the idea of Iron Man rescuing people from a plummeting Air Force One, that should be a cool sequence.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 AM   #29
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
i think it would be quite difficult to destroy tony's reputation since he was the one who send the nuke to end the war in the avengers and gained widespread recognition..
But i was thinkin like Mandarin makes everyone believe Tony is dead and break the hopes of the people or something like that...
*koff* TDKR *koff koff* ripoff *koffkoffkoff*

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #30
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
*koff* TDKR *koff koff* ripoff *koffkoffkoff*
i know it sound similar lol
but i cant see how people are gonna hate Tony after what he has done in the avengers...

Old 07-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #31
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The stunt pic is pretty cool and I loved the idea of Iron Man rescuing people from a plummeting Air Force One, that should be a cool sequence.
the idea reminds me of the superman returns plane sequence....but the stunt seems different

Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #32
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
I'm thinking Tony's house gets blown up in result of the Mandarin. Because you know... a villain would probably do something like that.
Yeah but it sounded like it was the military. I think this is where JBD as Eric Savin fits in. I bet you anything Rhodey gets in trouble for protecting Tony from the military. Remember that line from Iron Man 2 where Rhodey said something like "I'm doing everything in my power to keep them from knocking down these walls and taking your suits. They're going to take your suits Tony."

I am guessing that Eric Savin is going to make sure that's done, and he's probably being manipulated by the Mandarin.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:09 AM   #33
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Yeah but it sounded like it was the military. I think this is where JBD as Eric Savin fits in. I bet you anything Rhodey gets in trouble for protecting Tony from the military. Remember that line from Iron Man 2 where Rhodey said something like "I'm doing everything in my power to keep them from knocking down these walls and taking your suits. They're going to take your suits Tony."

I am guessing that Eric Savin is going to make sure that's done, and he's probably being manipulated by the Mandarin.
That's one person we haven't heard a lot about. Kind of makes me curious as to how Savin fits into the whole story.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #34
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Let's not get in a tussle with TDKR fans

Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #35
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post

That's a great call from IM2. It's great how this movie's storyline seems to really play off of both of its predecessors as well as Avengers. Continuity! Boom.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #36
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
That's a great call from IM2. It's great how this movie's storyline seems to really play off of both of its predecessors as well as Avengers. Continuity! Boom.
Agreed.
And I'm wondering now if the Air Force One set-piece might turn out to be the turning point....AF1 obviously gets attacked or shot down by SOME villain or other, and Tony is a busy little beaver running around saving lives (remember that there's an underwater set featuring a crashed jetliner...i.e., AF1). But what if the perception is that it's Tony himself that attacked the Prez's plane? We know Tony wouldn't do that, but the bad guys could spin the press to make it *look* to the world like he did. Ergo: Tony Stark jumps to the top of the FBI/SHIELD's Most Wanted list, and Outlaw Tony has to go on the lam out of the country to, say, China to clear his name.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #37
marcvader
Lurker #1

Lol, China of all nations?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed.
And I'm wondering now if the Air Force One set-piece might turn out to be the turning point....AF1 obviously gets attacked or shot down by SOME villain or other, and Tony is a busy little beaver running around saving lives (remember that there's an underwater set featuring a crashed jetliner...i.e., AF1). But what if the perception is that it's Tony himself that attacked the Prez's plane? We know Tony wouldn't do that, but the bad guys could spin the press to make it *look* to the world like he did. Ergo: Tony Stark jumps to the top of the FBI/SHIELD's Most Wanted list, and Outlaw Tony has to go on the lam out of the country to, say, China to clear his name.
Hmm... Kind of sounds like some misunderstood Spider-Man "I'm just trying to help!" Parker luck shtick. I don't know how much they want to be playing up the idea of US and China being at odds, especially after all their attempts to make sure China's on board with this movie. Also, didn't they confirm that they won't be filming in China?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #39
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

If they aren't filming in China then what was all the hub bub about making sure they were on board and not offending them?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
If they aren't filming in China then what was all the hub bub about making sure they were on board and not offending them?
IMHO $$$/£££... if they offend china, then the movie won't be shown there and they lose the revenue...

Old 07-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #41
JAK®
Upstart

There are 1 Billion people in China. Offending them will mean 1 Billion less people in the audience.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #42
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
There are 1 Billion people in China. Offending them will mean 1 Billion less people in the audience.
I'd stick that number much, much lower (closer to maybe 350-500 million) due to a lot of China still not caring much about Western movies and many still living in areas not likely to be near movie theaters.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 07-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I'd stick that number much, much lower (closer to maybe 350-500 million) due to a lot of China still not caring much about Western movies and many still living in areas not likely to be near movie theaters.
Well, I wasn't being literal. Just illustrating the point.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #44
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Are the Chinese people that sensitive or is the government?

- CM Punk
Old 07-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #45
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

.... Didn't they say they'd be filming at the great wall??

Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Lol, China of all nations?
Not at random, of course. The plot would force him to go to China to confront the forces that put him out in the cold. i.e., Mandarin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Hmm... Kind of sounds like some misunderstood Spider-Man "I'm just trying to help!" Parker luck shtick. I don't know how much they want to be playing up the idea of US and China being at odds, especially after all their attempts to make sure China's on board with this movie. Also, didn't they confirm that they won't be filming in China?
Unless you've got a link that says otherwise, I haven't heard even the slightest peep that they changed their mind about filming in China. They're definitely going overseas....and it's kind of a big deal in movie history that they're doing so.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #47
Lian

Quote:
Not at random, of course. The plot would force him to go to China to confront the forces that put him out in the cold. i.e., Mandarin.

Unless you've got a link that says otherwise, I haven't heard even the slightest peep that they changed their mind about filming in China. They're definitely going overseas....and it's kind of a big deal in movie history that they're doing so.
Actually, Shane Black said at the Comic Con press conference that they won't film in China, at least not the first unit.
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBXlu7h4UUc ; starts at 10:20

Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #48
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Man I can't wait for this friggin film! I think MS is going to go down in history with a lot of BO records. It's just gonna be this huge snowball effect with being in the same universe and I think its going to bring about a new era in the movie biz. I mean there are always going to be kids that want heroes to look up to and cheer for and MS is going to fill that need. And of course they won't forget about the comic book fan base that built them.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #49
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lian View Post
Actually, Shane Black said at the Comic Con press conference that they won't film in China, at least not the first unit.
source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBXlu7h4UUc ; starts at 10:20
I actually asked the question. I think Shane Black was doing a little tap-dancing there.

Throughout all of that he sort of ignored that even if the actors aren't actually going to China, parts of the movie (exteriors, second unit, whatever) are being shot there and one would imagine there are some story elements related to China in the movie just like Monaco in the second one where Feige pointed out the stars weren't in Monaco the editing and the second unit plates, etc. made it look like they were.

- CM Punk
Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #50
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I actually asked the question. I think Shane Black was doing a little tap-dancing there.

Throughout all of that he sort of ignored that even if the actors aren't actually going to China, parts of the movie (exteriors, second unit, whatever) are being shot there and one would imagine there are some story elements related to China in the movie just like Monaco in the second one where Feige pointed out the stars weren't in Monaco the editing and the second unit plates, etc. made it look like they were.
Hmm makes sense. I like that they'll do some location shooting but still making it an American production.

Closed Thread