The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
Chris M
Banned User

Default Re: Clearing up the ending of TDKR (MUST READ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
The Batman copycats had the will to act and look what happened to them
ROFL

"...<gasp>...damn... you... Ras. You said I only... needed....will..."

Chris M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #27
Superboy-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
They only had hockey pads though. Levitt's got all the cool **** in the cave.

And a cave!
He had no self defense skills without his gun. The only time he saved himself was when he killed those two people.

He couldn't be a Batman in my opinion.

Superboy-Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #28
Scooter
Banned User

Quote:
He had no self defense skills without his gun. The only time he saved himself was when he killed those two people.

Good thing the movie ended before he got his ass kicked trying to be Batman.

Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #29
Superboy-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
ROFL

"...<gasp>...damn... you... Ras. You said I only... needed....will..."
"Oh, my bad!"

Old 07-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

I would have preferred if the ending was a bit more ambiguous. It would have been more in Nolan's style if - the shot when Alfred looks up up and stares at the audience (he's noticed Bruce but we haven't seen Bruce yet) we see him smirk,or slautes, or gives us one of thse devilish Alfred grins, and then it cuts to black, as opposed to them showing us Bruce.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #31
Superboy-Prime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I would have preferred if the ending was a bit more ambiguous. It would have been more in Nolan's style if - the shot when Alfred looks up up and stares at the audience (he's noticed Bruce but we haven't seen Bruce yet) we see him smirk,or slautes, or gives us one of thse devilish Alfred grins, and then it cuts to black, as opposed to them showing us Bruce.
I thought the ending was good, if you notice that is the first time in the trilogy you see Wayne genuinely happy, I mean sure he laughed at jokes in the movies but he was actually happy. He looked healthy and he looked happy, he moved on and I thought showing this gave closure to the audience and no room for speculation on an Inception-esque ending.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #32
animexcel
Side-Kick

Quote:
How can he be staring at Bruce Wayne if he's staring at the audience ?

animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
They only had hockey pads though. Levitt's got all the cool **** in the cave.

And a cave!
Plus the help of Lucius Fox, i'm sure.

In the will reading Alfred had been left the remainder of Bruces assets. The pearl necklace/tracking device is an interesting theory. It works either way, but Alfred looked pleasantlyy shocked to see Bruce sitting over there, so i don't think he tracked Bruce/Selina to the cafe.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #34
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
While I personally always advocated the successor ending. I was one of the few to support it actually I still don't think they set up how Blake would have the means/resources to pull this off.

I'm going to guess that Lucius Fox is still involved in tech/weaponry at the end due to him working on the Bat with those engineers so it's possible that Fox will just let Blake use the equipment under the book.

That's the only way Blake would be able to successfully become/operate as an efficient Batfamily member.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #35
db85usa
HeHe!

They should have ended it with Blake/Batman on a rooftop with the new bat signal exchanging words with Gordon on how Batman is back and here to stay. There's hope on the streets. Faith all around Gotham. And then Batman jumps off the rooftop like in Begins. But no I guess a loose ending is much more epic these days.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #36
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by animexcel View Post
How can he be staring at Bruce Wayne if he's staring at the audience ?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #37
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
While I personally always advocated the successor ending. I was one of the few to support it actually I still don't think they set up how Blake would have the means/resources to pull this off.

I'm going to guess that Lucius Fox is still involved in tech/weaponry at the end due to him working on the Bat with those engineers so it's possible that Fox will just let Blake use the equipment under the book.

That's the only way Blake would be able to successfully become/operate as an efficient Batfamily member.
This is why endings like this frustrate me. It didn't feel concrete once the credits hit I was more or less like... That's it? That's how the legend ends?! And you're left brainstorming and guessing about too many things all at once. After
Blake rises from the platform
How could we ever know what happens afterwards? Everything is left for our own interpretation. It's aggravating to say the least.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #38
Drizzle
Band User

Regarding the ending, did anyone else think at first that the film would end on that shot of Alfred in the cafe staring directly at the camera, making it ambiguous as to whether he saw Bruce or not? I was so glad they didn't go that route.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #39
TAK The Voyager
Powerless

I thought this was all made pretty clear in the film. =\

TAK The Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #40
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:

Actually that moment after he used his gun really got to me. That shock and dismay on his face was absolutely perfect. JGL convinced me of Blake's idealism in that moment.

Dark Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #41
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Regarding the ending, did anyone else think at first that the film would end on that shot of Alfred in the cafe staring directly at the camera, making it ambiguous as to whether he saw Bruce or not? I was so glad they didn't go that route.
Actually that was the ending i was hoping for. I assumed it was about to go to black(the screen). I would have preferred it because it would have added to the mystery and intrigue of the trilogy, even though it's cool they showed Bruce and Selina.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #42
Drizzle
Band User

Quote:
Actually that was the ending i was hoping for. I assumed it was about to go to black(the screen). I would have preferred it because it would have added to the mystery and intrigue of the trilogy, even though it's cool they showed Bruce and Selina.
Yeah, I didn't see the second page until after I posted.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #43
db85usa
HeHe!

One has to wonder why
Bruce would leave everything to an inexperienced hot head cop who gets promoted to detective at the snap of a finger. If you want someone to take up your mantle, the ideal thing to do is train such a person hands on i.e. Fight alongside each other so when it's time, the new guy can comfortably take your place. It at least would have been more exciting if Blake didn't know who he was until near the end of the film and Batman tells him you have to wear a mask to protect the ones you care about. Instead, Bruce just says f**k it and hands everything to Blake with no expectations set forth.

A definite head scratcher.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #44
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I would have liked it also if the film ended with Alfred at the cafe staring at someone's back as he did earlier in the film, and as the person turns to the side the screen either goes black or shoots back to alfred and this time he smiles.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #45
diggler19
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjr72984 View Post
This is a link to a website I frequent. I found his explanation of the ending which clears up alot of the questions I've seen posted on here......

http://slumz.boxden.com/f218/dark-kn...74/index2.html

Let me know what you guys think

Wow. I never thought about the tracking device. Great point.

I walked out of the film thinking the ending was genius. Am I the only one who thinks that Bruce really did die, and that Alfred was having a lucid dream of Bruce and Catwoman at the cafe. I mean the scene was nearly identical to Alfred's dream at the start of the film.

Anyway I freaking LOVED the movie. It's my favorite of the entire trilogy. I can't believe Nolan actually went with Bane breaking Bruce's back. Amazing. And Anne Hathaway totally changed my view on Catwoman....what a great character.

diggler19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #46
diggler19
Newbie First Class

Oh and what if.....

The beginning of the Man of Steel movie showed Superman swooping in and saving Batman from the nuclear bomb?

Old 07-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #47
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggler19 View Post
Wow. I never thought about the tracking device. Great point.

I walked out of the film thinking the ending was genius. Am I the only one who thinks that Bruce really did die, and that Alfred was having a lucid dream of Bruce and Catwoman at the cafe. I mean the scene was nearly identical to Alfred's dream at the start of the film.

Anyway I freaking LOVED the movie. It's my favorite of the entire trilogy. I can't believe Nolan actually went with Bane breaking Bruce's back. Amazing. And Anne Hathaway totally changed my view on Catwoman....what a great character.
I think Alfred really saw them, one reason is because Alfred never say Selina as Catwoman nor her interaction with Bruce. I may be wrong. If they would had blurred Selina out of focus at the cafe and had just shown Bruce sitting with a lady then I could possibly except it as a dream, however it was to explicit it wasn't

Plus there were a few signs that showed he was alive; autopilot fixed, and bag for John Blake.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #48
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggler19 View Post
Oh and what if.....

The beginning of the Man of Steel movie showed Superman swooping in and saving Batman from the nuclear bomb?
Calm down now That would be epic, but never will happen in this series of films. Although, I'm sure every fanboy would s**t their pants if Superman had shown up and saved batman and then said am I too late lol.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #49
animexcel
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Alfred stared at the camera, it would be breaking the 4th wall and made no sense. If he stared away from the camera, we would know he noticed someone.

Anyway, glad they didn't do it. Nice to see Selina Kyle there too.

animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #50
diggler19
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
I think Alfred really saw them, one reason is because Alfred never say Selina as Catwoman nor her interaction with Bruce. I may be wrong. If they would had blurred Selina out of focus at the cafe and had just shown Bruce sitting with a lady then I could possibly except it as a dream, however it was to explicit it wasn't

Plus there were a few signs that showed he was alive; autopilot fixed, and bag for John Blake.
Yea you're right Alfred never saw Bruce and Selina together. But he knew knew who she was and that Bruce was interested in her.