The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #11
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Default Re: Update the outfit for next solo film

I'm just not a fan of the top of the comic costume. Always looked like ridiculous feathers to me. I wouldn't mind mostly subtle tweaks. The only redesign I want is in the cowl. Above the brow it's to bulbous. It also makes his facial structure disappear into baby cheeks. Other than those two issues of fit-and-finish, I like it.

EDIT: Just want to clarify that I respect the comic costume, and know that it can be somewhat faithfully translated to film. It's just gotta be the right material/pattern/texture. Looking at the chainmail effect in the Man of Steel suit, however, I don't know how to make a modern, contemporary tactical suit with chain mail as a primary texture. It works in the Dark Knight suit because it's a base fabric with more modern armor over top. Again, I think it can be pulled off, but there's a reason I don't work as a designer or something. Just have no idea how to pull that off.

Last edited by scifiwolf; 07-23-2012 at 08:50 AM.
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote