Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #51
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Default Re: How the Next Batman Reboot is Driven by the Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Fabric armor exists BTW.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6526862.html

"A lightweight, ballistic resistant fabric armor constructed of multiple layers of high performance fiber woven fabric arranged in a quasi-isotropic orientation. The fabric armor is used in ballistic resistant garments to cover and protect vital portions of the human body. Used in a garment, the fabric armor is of minimal areal density and bulk while providing flexibility, freedom of movement, ventilation, and an inconspicuous appearance. The fabric armor meets many different global ballistic standards (e.g., the ballistic performance requirements of the National Institute of Justice Standard), with the number of woven fabric layers determined by the level of protection desired."

Sounds exactly like something Batman would wear.
Sounds good to me.

You could also easily exaggerate the concept. Base it on that, but have new explanations for the fabric, that doesn't exist yet in real life.

Say the fabric has metallic properties in it, that strengthen the armour side of things, given Batman better protection. You could also explain why the suit is grey, because of the metallic material that's used.

Something like that would look cool? and it gives the unique movie style, while remaining faithful to the comics.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #52
thorstone
Side-Kick

I don't think he needs a cape.

Last edited by thorstone; 07-20-2012 at 12:33 AM.
thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #53
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
The only reason against a classic comics Batman suit is that we hardly won't find anyone who has the right body proportions. Still, with right angles it'll work, of course.
I don't see what body proportions has to do with it. Batman has been drawn at various different sizes, and the design of the comic costume works on all of them.

Besides, I think the Arkham Asylum suit would look even better on someone who is more realistically proportioned.

JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #54
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

well, but those aren't real people. Comic book characters do not have realistic body proportions even when they seem to have.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #55
JAKŪ
Upstart

Quote:
well, but those aren't real people. Comic book characters do not have realistic body proportions even when they seem to have.
...I know.

The point is that the suit works on all shapes and sizes, so the proportions of a real life human shouldn't matter either.

JAKŪ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #56
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Also on Jack Black?

We'll there is no reason a $100+ million production cannot make the classic suit work.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EML420 View Post
I think getting an actor that has some actual size would help I like Bale a lot has Bats but his build isnt exactly right he has more of a runner build than some one like Hemsworth.
Bale was just fine in Batman Begins.....

But right after that, he shot another flick about Vietnam or somethin' and lost all of his weight......He was kinda gaunt in the second movie and he's just never got it put back on......

Chris Evans was skinnier in the Avengers than he was in Capt America.

Last edited by Shazam; 07-20-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #58
66 Face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Sounds good to me.

You could also easily exaggerate the concept. Base it on that, but have new explanations for the fabric, that doesn't exist yet in real life.

Say the fabric has metallic properties in it, that strengthen the armour side of things, given Batman better protection. You could also explain why the suit is grey, because of the metallic material that's used.

Something like that would look cool? and it gives the unique movie style, while remaining faithful to the comics.
That works for me too. A flexible kevlar or some sort of micro mesh metal would be cool.

If we're thinking Batman Beyond, maybe a liquid, no weight metal works. It could have a look like T1000 but more black chrome. Shiney but more in a blending sort of way.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #59
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post

Chris Evans was skinnier in the Avengers than he was in Capt America.
Actually, its not as simple as that: Chris Evans was skinnier in most of Captain America, than he was in the transformation scene. They timed that scene so it was filmed right at the peak of his physical conditioning.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #60
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 Face View Post
That works for me too. A flexible kevlar or some sort of micro mesh metal would be cool.

If we're thinking Batman Beyond, maybe a liquid, no weight metal works. It could have a look like T1000 but more black chrome. Shiney but more in a blending sort of way.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #61
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I actually wanted to see the same thing for a while but instead of a live-action TV series, I would prefer it to be an animated series intended for an older audience. It doesn't have to be full of sex, gore, and swearing but it should at least be as dark and mature as the stories in the comics and have a PG-13 rating. I think that would be awesome to see . But of course we won't get that for a while because Warner Bros doesn't want to take the chance of making an adult superhero cartoon. Even though there clearly is a huge chunk of people that would want something like this and superheroes (specifically Batman) are some of the biggest cash cows right now in all mediums.
I say a live-action series call The Dark Knight Chronicles and have this guy as Bruce/Bats...

Scott mutha****** Adkins! Sorry for butting in! Peace.

tdeverea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #62
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
the Batman Inc suit would be awesome. i kinda do miss the yellow oval around the symbol on the chest.

Me too. Resurrect the yellow oval logo. I'd be perfectly happy with the Batman Inc Suit, ... i have no idea how it would look on film, but it sure looks damn good in Arkham City.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #63
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

I am tired and bored of these usual same batman movies that keeps using the same characters over and over except Heath was far best was the best joker not because of his death but performance. Its time they focus on a new and exciting Batman such as Batman Beyond live action movie and quit with the same story lines and origins of Bruce. They need a Batman that will make a new wave and new characters in a sci fi future film.

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #64
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

If we haven't yet seen the original Batman's costume done right in live-action, what makes you think they'll get Terry's costume right? Just saying.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #65
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Bale was just fine in Batman Begins.....

Agreed

Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 AM   #66
combocaz
Side-Kick

Some concept art i found created by CGHUB artist Ritorian.

combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #67
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
I say a live-action series call The Dark Knight Chronicles and have this guy as Bruce/Bats...

Scott mutha****** Adkins! Sorry for butting in! Peace.
I agree. Scott Adkins is a very good actor and a very capable martial artist. He's proven he can get into peak physical condition and I believe he has the right "look" for the part.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #68
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
Some concept art i found created by CGHUB artist Ritorian.
I hate it. Terry McGinnis is not a dremora from Oblivion.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #69
TheWatcher
Dapper

I wouldn't use that Beyond suit even if the movie was based on the cartoon. The beauty of the suit in the show was it's simplicity.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #70
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also on Jack Black?

We'll there is no reason a $100+ million production cannot make the classic suit work.
True.
It's about style. If you go the reality route...then no, the classic suit won't work. But if you go a more stylistic approach (Which I would prefer) then it could EASILY work.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #71
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

The challenge with a fabric suit is that people are 'spoiled' after having a suit with such a great explanation, a suit that has a 'just cuz' or contrived explanation will seem weak.

The fabric has to be convincing as protection, not just look serious, but feel like a natural extension of Batman's story.

EDIT: The fabric armor could very well be a plot point, perhaps Penguin might use it for some giant bird or something, or Wayne Enterises developed it for undercover cops/intelligence agents, and now Bruce is employing it as his full body armor because it allowed him the freedom of movement when he was being 'undercover' or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelPopcorn View Post
I agree. Scott Adkins is a very good actor and a very capable martial artist. He's proven he can get into peak physical condition and I believe he has the right "look" for the part.
Scott Adkins is passable as the typical stoic martial artist. That doesn't mean he's a great actor, that means people know that you don't write martial arts movies that require a lot of acting.

Which kinda falls into the whole issue with the suit. If the acrobatic stylized martial arts is the focus, then the movie becomes less about being an emotional symbol and more about getting angry and unleashing cool martial arts moves. Which could be cool, but I don't know if that's what people want from Batman at this point, as there is a both a danger and perception of a stylized Batman being Schumacher-esque.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 07-23-2012 at 02:49 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #72
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Why not just have Bruce invent it? Bruce Wayne is suppose to be a genius.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #73
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EML420 View Post
I think getting an actor that has some actual size would help I like Bale a lot has Bats but his build isnt exactly right he has more of a runner build than some one like Hemsworth.
The way Hemsworth was built would not work for Batman. That's a convention of the last 20 years of comics that is purely BS. A bodybuilder could not do what Batman does. And Bale's physique was much closer to modern depictions than you're suggesting. Much much closer.

The Neal Adams era really has the proportions right, and they fit with most of Bruce's primary training regimens... gymnastics, calisthenics and martial arts. Batman wouldn't spend an inordinate amount of time on the bench press... and that's precisely what Hemsworth did for Thor.

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #74
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I think the look is the least of the problems with movie Batman.

Batman needs to be smarter...we have to believe he is the worlds greatest detective and a true master of the shadows. But on a physical level he should be lean I agree...but also appear to be at the peak of human conditioning.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #75
cryptic name
No Limits

Black and grey suit that looks like material with an armored substructure. Cap's suit from Avengers is a great place to start. Armored boots and gloves, but not too bulky like in AC. Cape that can close all the way around. Yellow/gold oval symbol with a matching color for the belt. Short ears on a close fitting, Jim Lee-esque cowl. No trunks. Maybe (as some have suggested before) a kind of climbing harness integrated into the belt with the straps evoking the shape of the trunks and breaking up the grey.

As for the original post. Not just no, hell no. Batman does not need to be climbing walls like spidey. The only time I want to see a full mask is if they do a Batman Beyond movie. And we should see more grappling and swinging, not less.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote