The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 07-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: The Bucky Better Hook Up With Black Widow Or I Will Get Angry thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuffTheRooster View Post
You know what I want to see one day? A superhero movie... WITH NO LOVE INTEREST!
Are superheros really that horny? They can't go just one movie single?
It was called The Avengers

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: The Bucky Better Hook Up With Black Widow Or I Will Get Angry thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It was called The Avengers
That one too.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #28
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Quote:
You know what I want to see one day? A superhero movie... WITH NO LOVE INTEREST!
I used to think that, too, before I realized that it's a studio-enforced decision for superhero movies to have love interests; along with action beats every x amount of pages in a script.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #29
OrangeCloud
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you thought the world was ending or you were going to die, don't you think your emotions and such would be ramped up to annoying levels - leaving you to vomit love over your interest?

I mean, I would... :'D

OrangeCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Punisher movies there are no love interest.

Neither did Blade 2/3.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #31
OccamsTaser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
This is a friggin Cap movie so I don't care for any time spent on a romantic relationship that is not directly regarding Steve Rogers.
This. I don't want to see some annoying Bucky/Natasha/Clint love triangle, least of all in a Cap movie. Actually, I'd prefer not to see a Natasha/Clint romance at all. Why can't they just have a close platonic friendship?

OccamsTaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #32
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamsTaser View Post
This. I don't want to see some annoying Bucky/Natasha/Clint love triangle, least of all in a Cap movie. Actually, I'd prefer not to see a Natasha/Clint romance at all. Why can't they just have a close platonic friendship?
I'd prefer Tasha and Clint to have more serious history, since it's at least canonical. I kind of doubt in WS's case that (a) Tasha would've had many opportunities to meet him, if at all; and that (b) WS would even have an emotional/sexual urge to "hook up" with anybody at anytime. He's a programmed assassin, who they activate for specific missions and then put him back in the (ice)box when he's done. It's not like he has downtime or a social life.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #33
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'd prefer Tasha and Clint to have more serious history, since it's at least canonical. I kind of doubt in WS's case that (a) Tasha would've had many opportunities to meet him, if at all; and that (b) WS would even have an emotional/sexual urge to "hook up" with anybody at anytime. He's a programmed assassin, who they activate for specific missions and then put him back in the (ice)box when he's done. It's not like he has downtime or a social life.
I think one justifiable way BW could be involved would be for her to have some knowledge of a secret Soviet agent of legendary skill who disappeared a long time ago, but now seems to be back making kills and leaving some kind of calling card.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Honestly I don't really care if they do this romance. It's unnecessary for this sequel. Black Widow and Winter Soldier never even interacted on Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I think they should be more focused on setting up a romance for Cap and getting him some freaking nookie so he's not a 90 year old virgin.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:00 AM   #35
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, in the comics they start putting him on ice BECAUSE they discover he's been having an affair with Black Widow.

It depends on whether or not they plan to give Black Widow her longevity.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I think one justifiable way BW could be involved would be for her to have some knowledge of a secret Soviet agent of legendary skill who disappeared a long time ago, but now seems to be back making kills and leaving some kind of calling card.
I like that idea. A lot.
Black Widow could be the actual lead-in to the movie.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #37
Lorus
Side-Kick

For some reason my eyes roll back into my head when the whole Natasha/Bucky true love in the past angle is bought up. Maybe it would work better in the MCU because it wouldn't have to be a retcon as it was in the comics but it still represents a kind of incestuous relationship between characters in which everything is related to everything else which makes the universe seem smaller.

Also, I have a personal dislike of hooking Widow up with every goddamn hero as a kind of sidekick. She's always seemed to be more interesting to me as an individual, her relationship with Hawkeye was handled wonderfully in the Avengers though so if it were done similarly I'd be ok with it.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #38
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
For some reason my eyes roll back into my head when the whole Natasha/Bucky true love in the past angle is bought up. Maybe it would work better in the MCU because it wouldn't have to be a retcon as it was in the comics but it still represents a kind of incestuous relationship between characters in which everything is related to everything else which makes the universe seem smaller.

Also, I have a personal dislike of hooking Widow up with every goddamn hero as a kind of sidekick. She's always seemed to be more interesting to me as an individual, her relationship with Hawkeye was handled wonderfully in the Avengers though so if it were done similarly I'd be ok with it.
I don't think Bucky was ever referred to as Natasha's true love in-story. They had an affair as a form of escape that ended badly, and fifty years later they gave it another go. Brubaker's never derided her relationship with Clint or Matt.

I actually think the movie relationship between Hawkeye and Widow is a lot similar to the comic Bucky and Widow; two spies/assassins, supporting each other and working in-tandem, etc. As opposed to the showboating Hawkeye of the comics who wanted her to quit being a spy and become a full-time supe.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #39
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Honestly I don't really care if they do this romance. It's unnecessary for this sequel. Black Widow and Winter Soldier never even interacted on Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I think they should be more focused on setting up a romance for Cap and getting him some freaking nookie so he's not a 90 year old virgin.
Ermmm second point taken. But I still stand by there should be at least romantic tension between Bucky and Natasha.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #40
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Ermmm second point taken. But I still stand by there should be at least romantic tension between Bucky and Natasha.
Why? Should BW be the romantic interest every time a character shows up she had some fun time with in the comics? Because that would mean she'd be the romantic interest in almost every movie from now on.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #41
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Why? Should BW be the romantic interest every time a character shows up she had some fun time with in the comics? Because that would mean she'd be the romantic interest in almost every movie from now on.
Should she be the love interest whenever someone she had fun times with in the comics shows up?
No.

Can she be the love interest when someone she was involved with in the comics for several years in a relationship that was well received?
Sure. Why not?

She's been involved with Bucky in a relationship for the past five years that has raised her profile and has been quite well received. The only other relationships that are at the same level of notability are Daredevil, who is very unlikely to show up and already has notable love interests all to his own, and Clint, who has Mockingbird.

Outside of those three, Natasha hasn't really gotten around as much as a lot make her out to be.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #42
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Should she be the love interest whenever someone she had fun times with in the comics shows up?
No.

Can she be the love interest when someone she was involved with in the comics for several years in a relationship that was well received?
Sure. Why not?

She's been involved with Bucky in a relationship for the past five years that has raised her profile and has been quite well received. The only other relationships that are at the same level of notability are Daredevil, who is very unlikely to show up and already has notable love interests all to his own, and Clint, who has Mockingbird.

Outside of those three, Natasha hasn't really gotten around as much as a lot make her out to be.
that relationship raised her profile so much in the two weeks Bucky was alive I didn't even notice until today they were together...

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #43
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
No.

Sure. Why not?

There is a thread on Comicbookresources.com's forum entitled "Who has Black Widow slept with?"

It is 49 pages long. So far.
....49 pages.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ow-slept-with&

Old 07-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #44
BoredGuy
Killing Time

But still, Bull's point stands
Bucky has been one of Natasha's longest running and most popular relationships in the comics
I don't think anyone is saying Widow should just do every guy in every one of these movies.
But- acknowledging the fact that they probably will try to hook her up with someone at some point- putting her and Buck together would make a lot of fans happy

BoredGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #45
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
that relationship raised her profile so much in the two weeks Bucky was alive I didn't even notice until today they were together...
I don't even know what that sentence means.

Captain America under Ed Brubaker has been where most people have read her in the past few years. A lot of people who have taken to following her recently would cite Ed's Cap as the reason.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #46
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think Natasha has as much to do with WS as Cap does.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #47
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is a thread on Comicbookresources.com's forum entitled "Who has Black Widow slept with?"

It is 49 pages long. So far.
....49 pages.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ow-slept-with&
...That's 4 pages long. And its mostly the same sexist douchebag jokes about her being the Avenger mansion bicycle without citing anything such as, you know, fact.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #48
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Meh, I'm sure Tigra and Hawkeye can match it

Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #49
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Meh, I'm sure Tigra and Hawkeye can match it
And Shulkie.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:29 AM   #50
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Ah, her too!