The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?
Captain America 9 5.56%
Iron Man 17 10.49%
Thor 7 4.32%
Hulk 5 3.09%
Black Widow 19 11.73%
Hawkeye 24 14.81%
Nick Fury 20 12.35%
Maria Hill 26 16.05%
A new Avenger (please specify) 3 1.85%
A new SHIELD agent (please specify) 1 0.62%
Other (please specify) 6 3.70%
No one! 25 15.43%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #101
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great thor View Post
please dont tell me hawkeye did more or was more important than cap. i really hope you are not suggesting that. i mean when all the marvel movies have in some form or fashion been about or connected to capt, i really cant believe you would down play capt role to hawkeye. i guess the military was wrong to spend untold money and time chaseing after a perfect super-soldier when, hey wait a minute we just need a very good bowmen. what i am saying is if i had to pick between capt and hawkeye in regards to a must have in that battle, well lets see i think i would go with the super-soldier with a enormous amount of war experience and leadership ability to a human being with really good aim.
No, he wasn't saying Hawkeye was more important than Cap. He was just saying that Hawkeye was an important part of the battle. He
  • Advised Cap that there were many civilians in the buildings, and proceeded to cover Cap's back as he ran to tell the police to get them out and create a perimeter,
  • Helped a bunch of people get to safety,
  • Gave Iron Man some solid advice about the Chitauri's hovercrafts not being able to bank worth a damn (allowing Iron Man to rid of a bunch of them faster),
  • Shot the arrow that exploded and knocked Loki off his hovercraft and sent him falling into Stark's penthouse (setting up Hulk's famous scene), which also allowed Black Widow to get to the portal safely, and
  • Yeah, he shot a bunch of aliens dead.
No, of course Hawkeye isn't MORE important than Cap, but he was an important part of the battle. He was a great team player.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #102
natey2k4
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 96
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great thor View Post
please dont tell me hawkeye did more or was more important than cap. i really hope you are not suggesting that. i mean when all the marvel movies have in some form or fashion been about or connected to capt, i really cant believe you would down play capt role to hawkeye. i guess the military was wrong to spend untold money and time chaseing after a perfect super-soldier when, hey wait a minute we just need a very good bowmen. what i am saying is if i had to pick between capt and hawkeye in regards to a must have in that battle, well lets see i think i would go with the super-soldier with a enormous amount of war experience and leadership ability to a human being with really good aim.
I'd pick Cap too - in most circumstances. Hawkeye did seem like he probably killed more Chitauri than Cap though - and that's all I said.

All I'm trying to do is downplay the ridiculous statement your making about Hawkeye not being an important part of the team by showing you facts from the film. Of course you'll just dispute it with mythical thoughts about superheroes that don't exist and who you'd rather take to battle with you.

As far as the actual comics go - look no further than the most recent Captain America comics where he teamed with Hawkeye. Cap was beat and overtaken by a Symbiote which Hawkeye defeated and saved Cap from death.

natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #103
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF
 
Samuel Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,665
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

I signed on for six movies.

Samuel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #104
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
I signed on for six movies.
L-O-L

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #105
TheGuy
Side-Kick
 
TheGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 673
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Some of you guys are crazy. To even suggest Iron Man dying in the MCU is just .

TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #106
the great thor
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 79
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'd pick Cap too - in most circumstances. Hawkeye did seem like he probably killed more Chitauri than Cap though - and that's all I said.

All I'm trying to do is downplay the ridiculous statement your making about Hawkeye not being an important part of the team by showing you facts from the film. Of course you'll just dispute it with mythical thoughts about superheroes that don't exist and who you'd rather take to battle with you.

As far as the actual comics go - look no further than the most recent Captain America comics where he teamed with Hawkeye. Cap was beat and overtaken by a Symbiote which Hawkeye defeated and saved Cap from death.
so you are going to pick a moment from the comic to back up your opinion. the whole who should be on this team is something any military organization would do, it not just a fan boy thing. and sense this is presented in a more real world reality, excuse me for taking more of that pov. i know hawkeye has a long history and many fans and i understand why. i am just saying that hawkeye has a place, but is not vital to this team. whether you want to admit or not. i mean fans act as if hawkeye were not under lokis control he would have stop the battle from happening at the end of the movie, i just think he gets to much hype. i know fans dont like that but to each his own.

the great thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #107
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 258
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Actually the military would/does tell soldiers that the team is important.

That's really the entire point of The Avengers - they are a gestalt - they are greater together, stronger together, than they could ever be apart. The battle would have gone the other way had any one member not been there. They are a unified whole.

And I'm not a Hawkeye fanboy - I've never even read a Hawkeye comic and had only a passing familiarity with him before the movie.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #108
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,718
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great thor View Post
so you are going to pick a moment from the comic to back up your opinion. the whole who should be on this team is something any military organization would do, it not just a fan boy thing. and sense this is presented in a more real world reality, excuse me for taking more of that pov. i know hawkeye has a long history and many fans and i understand why. i am just saying that hawkeye has a place, but is not vital to this team. whether you want to admit or not. i mean fans act as if hawkeye were not under lokis control he would have stop the battle from happening at the end of the movie, i just think he gets to much hype. i know fans dont like that but to each his own.
Hawkeye is just as vital to the team as anyone else is. Is there anyone else on the team with the leadership ability and battle tactics of Cap? No, so that's why he's important. Is there anybody with the variety and resources of Iron Man? No, so that's why he's important. Is there anybody with knowledge of other realms and godly powers other than Thor? No, so that's why he's important. Is there anybody with the perfect vision and perfect accuracy of Hawkeye? NO, so that's why he's important. He doesn't just shoot arrows... are you serious? HE'S JUST AS VITAL AS ANYONE ELSE.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 07-21-2012 at 11:51 PM.
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #109
Lorus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 271
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

I've never understood the mentality which would judge a character's presence on a team based on something like power levels. As soon as you do, you have to start drawing arbitrary lines in the sand as to what makes who worthwhile. If the team has Thor, it really doesn't need Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow or Hawkeye because he can do more damage and is more powerful than all of them combined. The point is that these characters are people, individuals who contribute more than just a power set. The whole point is that the team is more than the sum of its parts, so the sum of the parts aren't relevant.

On a side note, I think that given that Iron Man 3 is the last film RDJ is contracted for, it could be pretty powerful to kill him in an Avengers sequel and never risk over saturating an audience on RDJ's Iron Man. That said, I'd be perfectly happy with no deaths.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #110
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Anyone who voted any of the top 5 options is wrong

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #111
J'adore
Vous
 
J'adore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Hah...Funny how the two female characters are in the top 2....

__________________
I'M WIDE AWAKE.
J'adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #112
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Anyone who voted any of the top 5 options is wrong
I agree, but I would change that to the "top 6" so Hawkeye can be included.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #113
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I agree, but I would change that to the "top 6" so Hawkeye can be included.
Hawkeye's my favo Avenger but I'm not entirely against Whedon writing a badass heroic death in for him.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #114
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 258
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
I've never understood the mentality which would judge a character's presence on a team based on something like power levels. As soon as you do, you have to start drawing arbitrary lines in the sand as to what makes who worthwhile. If the team has Thor, it really doesn't need Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow or Hawkeye because he can do more damage and is more powerful than all of them combined. The point is that these characters are people, individuals who contribute more than just a power set. The whole point is that the team is more than the sum of its parts, so the sum of the parts aren't relevant.

On a side note, I think that given that Iron Man 3 is the last film RDJ is contracted for, it could be pretty powerful to kill him in an Avengers sequel and never risk over saturating an audience on RDJ's Iron Man. That said, I'd be perfectly happy with no deaths.
This is basically what I was getting at, but just stated far more eloquently.

I also agree with Chewy - any of these characters are really fair game to die by the end of the hypothetical third movie - and I trust Joss to, even if he's killing someone off, do the characters justice.

I think that, if Tony Stark were to die in these movies, it would happen in the third or possibly at the end of the second. It would serve as the most poignant and surprising (at least to the general audiences) death, seeing as he is the character most people have come to know best and serves as the comic relief.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #115
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catintheengine View Post
This is basically what I was getting at, but just stated far more eloquently.

I also agree with Chewy - any of these characters are really fair game to die by the end of the hypothetical third movie - and I trust Joss to, even if he's killing someone off, do the characters justice.

I think that, if Tony Stark were to die in these movies, it would happen in the third or possibly at the end of the second. It would serve as the most poignant and surprising (at least to the general audiences) death, seeing as he is the character most people have come to know best and serves as the comic relief.
Well that's certainly Joss's MO. =P

If you think about it, Iron Man was the character Joss came closest to killing off in The Avengers, since he did have him "make the sacrifice play" with the nuke, and he was lying there on the ground unconscious for a while. To do so again in a sequel but then actually kill him might seem like retreading old steps.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #116
catintheengine
Registered Rhymnicologist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 258
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

That's why I'm saying I would expect it in the third, if at all.

Tony is the character we have/are seeing the biggest change of personality in.

Plus, Whedon does like to pull the metaphorical rug out from under his audiences (re: the "watch how I soar" scene in Serenity) and to have Tony go and put his life out on the line again, with audiences thinking 'Oh, we've seen this, he will survive', to end up dying...

I think Whedon could make it a very powerful scene.

Though, to be fair, you are correct: It COULD end up feeling like a re-tread.

catintheengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #117
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Hawkeye's my favo Avenger but I'm not entirely against Whedon writing a badass heroic death in for him.
I am, why kill him off when he was the least developed Avenger with the lowest amount of screentime?

Just like Thor, Hawkeye hasn't even got a chance to form relationships with anyone on the team yet (besides Widow).

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #118
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

That's what the entire second movie is for. If someone gets killed off, it won't be in frame one (although never say never... )

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #119
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
That's what the entire second movie is for. If someone gets killed off, it won't be in frame one (although never say never... )
I still think that's too early, save the "character deaths" for the third film.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #120
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 8,864
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

I don't want any permanent deaths.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #121
Gale
F&G already run this town
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Pond
Posts: 111
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

My friend thought Maria Hill was going to die for like the first 30 minutes of The Avengers so I just voted for her.

Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #122
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,703
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I don't want any permanent deaths.
I don't either, which is why I picked Thor. But honestly... if the stakes are going to be raised, someone more important than Coulson has to die in 2.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #123
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I don't either, which is why I picked Thor. But honestly... if the stakes are going to be raised, someone more important than Coulson has to die in 2.
Damn you!

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #124
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

^ lol

Thor died in his own movie and for my taste he died to often in the comics. That's getting old.

__________________
Weltmeister!!!
Germany wins
the Soccer World Championship 2014

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #125
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
^ lol

Thor died in his own movie and for my taste he died to often in the comics. That's getting old.
Very very very old indeed.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.