The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > The Comics

Old 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #101
landronics

Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I doubt that in a battle situation, Batman would be calmly "analyzing their oponents." In a fight like that, he'd be forced to make stuff up on the fly. And also, remember, The Avengers are not idiots, and they are capable of tactical thinking themselves (hell, Cap is probably just as smart as Batman is). Wanda and Thor, pooling theri powers, could scatter the League apart. And, like I said, The Vision would atempt to take out their heavy hitters by doing what I described. It could easily go either way.
Cap'n is slightly dumber than batman

landronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #102
landronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jplaya2023 View Post
The justice league wins because they have batman and spider-man isn't fighting with the avengers.

Batman is instantly able to figure out:

opponents abilities
their strengths
weaknesses
come up instantly with a plan to stop them

Justice League:

Superman
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Wonder Woman
Batman
Aquaman
The Flash

Avengers:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Giant Man
Wasp
Vision

going from strongest to weakest from each team you have

Batman >>>> Thor
Superman >>> Iron Man
Manhunter >>> Scarlet Witch
Flash >>>> Quicksilver (flash dopplegagger)
wonder woman >>> giant man
aqua man >>> wasp
Batman is no match for thor
It should be like this
Shazam>>Thor(Captain Marvel wins)
Superman>>Hulk(Supeman wins)
MM>>Vision(MM Wins)
Steel VS iron man (Iron man wins)
Batman >>capn america(batman wins)
Wonder Woman>>She-Hulk(she-hulk wins)
Aquaman>>Namor(Aquaman wins)

Old 06-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #103
landronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by landronics View Post
Batman is no match for thor
It should be like this
Shazam>>Thor(Captain Marvel wins)
Superman>>Hulk(Supeman wins)
MM>>Vision(MM Wins)
Steel VS iron man (Iron man wins)
Batman >>capn america(batman wins)
Wonder Woman>>She-Hulk(she-hulk wins)
Aquaman>>Namor(Aquaman wins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
lol. Batman never loses because... he's the hero. The hero never loses. Especially popular ones. That's how comics work.

And Cap would obliterate Batman. He's faster, he's stronger, he doesn't tire because his body doesn't produce lactic acid. He is just as tactically astute as Batman.

What's this crap about Batman beating the Hulk too?
Batman would eventually due to his Batarangs and other ranged weapons , Hulk would destroy batman though.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #104
Captain Hulk

Hulk would destroy Supes, Thor would restructure wonderwoman's bones..... Flash would definately beat Quicksilver, Iron Man Vs Steel... Hmmm... Iron man all the way!! Even Thor would be a match for superman.....

Captain Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #105
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

If you use the usual 7 of the Justice League of: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter and The Avengers roster is: Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Namor and Scarlet Witch.

Then I'd have to give this to the Justice League.

Assuming the heavy hitters of Superman and Martian Manhunter are occupied with Hulk and Thor which would probably be stalemates, well then I could easily see Flash obliterating Quicksilver, Wonder Woman would be a tough fight, but I could see her losing to Scarlet Witch, Iron Man wouldn't stand a chance against Green Lantern and Namor would lose to Aquaman. Cap and Bats would be a pretty even fight, one that I think Cap would definitely win on account of not tiring as quickly if it were one on one, but Bats would eventually have assistance from a team mate way out of Cap's league, and witch would then lose to Flash, GL and AC.

Even Thor and Hulk combined couldn't overcome the majority of the League, Hulk couldn't be physically stopped, but he could be prevented from doing any more harm if jettisoned into space by a combo of GL & Supes/MM. Thor alone couldn't defeat the five most powerful Earth-based characters in DC.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #106
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Some people on here aren't even taking this seriously. Batman would win simply because he's Batman; come on now let's have a little logic in here.
I'm not going to make a judgement call because I don't read comics. I just want to ask, when and how did Quicksilver and The Scarlett Witch go from Xmen stories to Avengers stories? And if the Xmen can join The Avengers aren't Emma Frost, Charles Xavier and The Phoenix kind of deal breakers and JL is dead?

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #107
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
What the hell is this? How the hell does Batman beat Thor? He'd be dead before he even processed a thought.
Easily, Batman has taken down superman, the hulk etc.. who are superior to thor. Batman is fast enough to dodge the hammer, and since he is worthy can weild it and use it against thor.

Thor is simply a brawler who swings a hammer. Batman actually has fighting style, and technique to dodge and take the weapon. Thor's only hope would be to use lightning, but bats suit is immune to lightning

Jplaya2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #108
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Easily, Batman has taken down superman, the hulk etc.. who are superior to thor. Batman is fast enough to dodge the hammer, and since he is worthy can weild it and use it against thor.

Thor is simply a brawler who swings a hammer. Batman actually has fighting style, and technique to dodge and take the weapon. Thor's only hope would be to use lightning, but bats suit is immune to lightning
Is Bat's immune to tornadoes, god blasts, anti-force blasts, and hurricanes? He's also not a "simple brawler", he's had thousands of years of combat experience by the way.

Thor also has superhuman speed which means his reaction time is MUCH faster than any humans and no Batman is not worthy of lifting Thor's hammer.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #109
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Is Bat's immune to tornadoes, god blasts, anti-force blasts, and hurricanes? He's also not a "simple brawler", he's had thousands of years of combat experience by the way.

Thor also has superhuman speed which means his reaction time is MUCH faster than any humans and no Batman is not worthy of lifting Thor's hammer.
Batman has special armor that he uses to fight beings such as superman, captain marvell, darkside, lobo etc... Having a special suit to fight Thor is really nothing to batman. Thor's combat experience stems from the hammer, it's way to slow to hit someone like batman who has effortlessly dodged omega beam blast from darkside which he commented on the fact he's the first to dodge them.

Batman is super peak human meaning his reaction time and speed is low god tier, as evidenced to him frequently dodging punches thrown by superman and being able to fight superman nearly to a push.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #110
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Batman being able to keep up with Superman is PIS when you consider the fact that Supes can moves FASTER THAN LIGHT! Seriously, of course he's not going to get "owned" simply because he's so popular but most of the time he beats someone of that caliber it's pure nonesense.

No Thor's combat experience doesn't "stem" from his hammer since he's trained in hand to hand combat and a variety of other melee weapons.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #111
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'm not sure, but I think he's joking.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #112
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Batman being able to keep up with Superman is PIS when you consider the fact that Supes can moves FASTER THAN LIGHT! Seriously, of course he's not going to get "owned" simply because he's so popular but most of the time he beats someone of that caliber it's pure nonesense.

No Thor's combat experience doesn't "stem" from his hammer since he's trained in hand to hand combat and a variety of other melee weapons.

Batman has been able to dodge Darkside's Omega's beams which are close to FTL or FTL an itself, so since he's done that it's conceiveable he can fight superman on his own terms FTL or slower.

He doesn't get "owned" for the simple fact besides strength, speed and flight batman has the decisive advantage over superman. Batman is a better fighter, smarter, more inteligent, cunning, better battle tactician, willing to do anything to win a fight, etc.. etc...

Thor has training but he relies on the hammer way to much, his hand to hand is inferior to someone like batman who has bested richard dragon, lady shiva, etc.. on various occassions.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #113
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I'm not sure, but I think he's joking.
I think big thor isn't joking just stating his side of the debate. You have to respect that.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #114
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I like to read such debates, each poster can claim his favorite hero wins, so depending on the who is posting their favorite hero (like Superman, Hulk, Batman, Thor, Flash ) wins.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #115
Propheticverses
New User - Level 0

Writing this with neutrality is a wee bit easy for me ( emphasis on 'wee' ) .. since I have looked @ both DC & Marvel characters comic heroes with neutral eyes ... No !!! I am not Fibbing !!!

On an individual scale .. JLA would win easily .. with most permutations .... But considering that we are talking about Teams .... I would say Avengers would win this one ... not easily, mind you .. but win they would ...

My Reasons ....

1. ) In JLA : It's hard to ignore that there is a slight lack of mutual trust among the teammates .... probably raised high after the Batman's secret 'So-that's-my-team-member's-weakness, eh !!- ' Diary reveal . Also evident is a clash between Superman & Batman where both are so goddamn good leaders that neither would follow the other without grudge ( Superman most of the time looks at Batman as a generous elder bro giving support to a younger bro in need of help ... totally in conflict with Batman's sense of self-worth ) ... which is unlike a Tony Stark/Cap clash ( that borders on personalities & tactics .... yet there is a clear understanding on a leadership role )

2) In JLA , sure you got Batman with his Technical gizmo & gadgets ( which are awesome & excellent improvisations ) ... there isn't simply anyone like Tony Stark who is clearly an inventor of genius level ... and more importantly .. is a self-centered hero ... who often looks for an easy way out .. ( I know most heroes look at it in a negative way ... but in a battle of battles .. you gotta have someone like him in ur side . )

3) A Team consisting of A-Listers need not win the most important battle .. It;s merely the team with an 'A-list' co-ordination , trust , strategy & resourcefulness that winds the war .. and I think Avengers are ahead here.

4) Of course .. all the above points cease to exist if Superman goes mental !!

5) Also, in Avengers ... the motto is more like ' the sum of all parts is greater than the whole" ..... .. haven't got such a picture from JLA yet

My not-so-humble opinion !!! :P

Cheers for the great thread !! ..

Propheticverses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #116
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor's combat experience stems from the hammer, it's way to slow to hit someone like batman who has effortlessly dodged omega beam blast from darkside which he commented on the fact he's the first to dodge them.
1) Thor has more than thousand (!) years of combat experience. I'm pretty sure that Batman can't top that.

2) Agreed, Batman has peak human agility and speed. However, Thor has defeated enemies that are much more agile and faster than any non-superhuman enemy could ever be: Silver Surfer, Asgardian Dark Elves, Mongoose...

Spider-Man for example is definitely faster than Batman, and Thor wouldn't have any problems with defeating Spider-Man either.

And sorry, Batman's suit wouldn't protect him from Thor's lightning. It didn't protect him from Firefly's fire (which is of course less powerful than Thor's lightning), it only reduced the damage a litte bit.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #117
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thor's only hope would be...

"Help me! I fought Surtur, Thanos, Galactus, Ymir, the Celestials... but now I'm facing BATMAN! I'm lost!!!"

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #118
Jplaya2023
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
1) Thor has more than thousand (!) years of combat experience. I'm pretty sure that Batman can't top that.

2) Agreed, Batman has peak human agility and speed. However, Thor has defeated enemies that are much more agile and faster than any non-superhuman enemy could ever be: Silver Surfer, Asgardian Dark Elves, Mongoose...

Spider-Man for example is definitely faster than Batman, and Thor wouldn't have any problems with defeating Spider-Man either.

And sorry, Batman's suit wouldn't protect him from Thor's lightning. It didn't protect him from Firefly's fire (which is of course less powerful than Thor's lightning), it only reduced the damage a litte bit.

1. Batman has trained with all the best martial artist from planet earth and beyond. He knows over 1000 techniques, abilities etc.. Thor relies on his hammer, and never uses the training he received. He's contempt while batman learns new techniques everyday.

2. Batman has FTL reaction times as evidenced of him dodging Darkseid's omega's beans to which he said (no one had been able to dodge my omega beams before). Batman has dodged bullets that travel and average 4,440KM/HR. He has the ability to dodge numerous bullets in point blank range all the time.

3. Spider-man's speed is predicated on his spider sense, he's moving before he's suppose to be moving, so in reality spider-man is also FTL like Batman is.

4. Batman's suits have protected him from radiation poisoning, superman's heat vision, ice breath, and anything else you can think of. It will surely protect against some lightning, heck batman has FTL reactions so he would dodge it honestly.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #119
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Batman Wins, because he can (according to some comics) summon Bat-Mite who is an extra N th dimensional imp who always helps Batman, he is immortal and can alter reality according to his wishes (At level of Q in Star Trek)

He can just make all Marvel heroes power equivalent to ordinary human and then with level playing field, in a fair fight Batman uses his martial arts skills, ninja training, his utility belt to win.

case closed.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #120
olil1996
New User - Level 0

why exactly has everyone missed out the hulk in all the avengers teams...?

olil1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #121
Kiltak

First off any one side could win given the right story line. In my honest opinion I think that JLA are way more powerful not only in terms of powers but also in terms of personality.

This all comes down to Team work really and JLA work really well together. There able to change tactics very quickly with very little effort, especially when Martian Manhunter links there minds together so they can communicate with one another. Often times JLA will realize something there doing isn't working and suddenly change tactics in such a way leaving the enemy caught off guard.

Which brings me to my next point and that is tactically abilities. Batman of course is the JLA greatest tactical thinker and can analyze a fight and come up with solutions in the heat of combat, this works there favor even more so by Martian Manhunters ability to interlink there minds so they can communicate with one another. While Superman and Wonder Woman are not on same level as Batman as far as being tactical thinkers they are not to be underestimated either.

In the end it is those two factors that give JLA their greatest advantage. There are few things I'd like to point out.

1.) Quicksilver is no where near as fast as Flash, don't know why they keep letting Quicksilver beat Flash. The Flash has been shown to move so fast that he can travel through time, Quicksilver has never been show to be able to do this as far as I know. So no way is QuickSilver faster then the Flash.

2.) Thor can move faster then Superman just not in same way. Thor can travel at speed of light. He can also travel between dimensions. However they have never shown him to really use those abilities during combat at least not in same way Superman or Flash might. An example Superman can hit an enemy from different directions and it seem like he doing it all at once, when really he moving so fast you just not see him going at his target from multiple directions, same with Flash. Thor has never been shown to do this.

3.) Thor hammer was magically created but when he throws it and it hits something it's physical damage. So Thor is really going to have to hit Superman really friggen hard to seriously hurt Superman.

4.) Thor doesn't posses the same Strength as Superman. Superman can bench press the earth for give days before he even begins to show the slightest sign of exhaustion. Read Superman issue #13. As far as I know Thor can bench press the earth even once let alone for 5 days.

5.) Yes Thor can summon lighting with his Hammer but he can't magically create it, thus it will do very little to Superman other then annoy him. Basically here is difference, Storm can summon lighting almost in same manor that Thor does but its not magically created lighting it's summon lighting. However Captain Marvel can magically create lighting by saying Shazam and it will hurt Superman. So really Thor would only be annoying Superman more then hurting him.

6.) Yes Hulk could reach a point where he could defeat Superman however at the onset of a battle he does not have the mojo to defeat Superman. Superman might not be on par with Batman as far as tactical thinking but he is not an idiot either, he can quickly analyze a fight and find weakness and use them to his advantage. In short he would realize the longer he fights hulk the more powerful he become and thus he would shut Hulk down fast.

At the end of the day my money would be on JLA. I think they work better as a team and I think they have a bit more power under there belt. That is just my opinion anyway. However as I said it all comes down to story line. With the right story line even the weakest hero or villain can beat the most powerful villain or hero.

Kiltak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #122
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

I read this again, and the start is ridiculous
Krona seeks the knowledge "Tell me what I need to know"
Population " What?"
Krona destroys the planet

Much as I like KDB and his work, the entirety of Krona's part is poor

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #123
James Howlett
Newbie First Class

Many people r talking this Thor vs JLA ********. There is one member on JLA who is capable of and has fought (even killed one) Gods before. That's Wonder Woman. How can you argue that the Asgardian Gods from Marvel r more powerful than the Olympians from DC? And besides, according to New 52 (which is the present continuity), WW is Zeus' daughter. So technically, she has all of his godly powers which have been suppressed by those (trademark) bracelets of hers. So, in a fight against Thor, she would be pretty much evenly matched against him.
As for the Batman vs Captain America debate, that's a joke too. Batman has beaten Riddler (who is cleverer than Cap) and Clayface (stronger than Cap). He has also beaten Bane, who is both stronger and smarter than Cap. And haven't you guys read TDKR or Tower of Babel? Batman can beat ANYBODY.

James Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #124
James Howlett
Newbie First Class

Quote:
1. Batman has trained with all the best martial artist from planet earth and beyond. He knows over 1000 techniques, abilities etc.. Thor relies on his hammer, and never uses the training he received. He's contempt while batman learns new techniques everyday.

2. Batman has FTL reaction times as evidenced of him dodging Darkseid's omega's beans to which he said (no one had been able to dodge my omega beams before). Batman has dodged bullets that travel and average 4,440KM/HR. He has the ability to dodge numerous bullets in point blank range all the time.

3. Spider-man's speed is predicated on his spider sense, he's moving before he's suppose to be moving, so in reality spider-man is also FTL like Batman is.

4. Batman's suits have protected him from radiation poisoning, superman's heat vision, ice breath, and anything else you can think of. It will surely protect against some lightning, heck batman has FTL reactions so he would dodge it honestly.
Batman would definitely kick Thor's ass but not in a direct fight. Batman is the smart man who will find out Thor's weakness and let Superman or Manhunter deal with him. He may be the greatest Martial Artist but he cannot fight Thor. But he will beat him nonetheless, as his greatest weapon is his mind.

James Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #125
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

These kind of threads are always funny. Apparently there's also a bunch of comics I should be glad I haven't read because some feats by some characters named here seem extremely ridiculous (seen out of context at least). And in addition to each character's best feats they have also lost to comparatively minor feats. Consistency isn't a prime feature of comics as a whole.

But while these kind of things always just depend on the writer and the story, and I'd have The Avengers win as I personally think it's a better group of heroes, I'd say that JLA does have an advantage with speed as they have several extremely quick characters. While I think speed is an issue that can create a lot of problems story-wise and so on it's certainly an advantage in a fight. I guess the most interesting match ups are putting them in one on one battles though, as otherwise it's just about the big guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post
Batman would definitely kick Thor's ass but not in a direct fight. Batman is the smart man who will find out Thor's weakness and let Superman or Manhunter deal with him. He may be the greatest Martial Artist but he cannot fight Thor. But he will beat him nonetheless, as his greatest weapon is his mind.
I wouldn't exactly call that Batman kicking Thor's ass, I'd call that coaching.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote