The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 07-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #76
TikkiEXX
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anthony Mackie in talks to play Falcon

hmmm. wonder if his wings will be Stark designed? and i expect a mix of his ultimate and 616 costumes. Ultimate costume would be badass with some red in it. wonder if theyre going with the more military minded, gun toting, killer Falcon or the 616 version? again hoping for a mix of both

TikkiEXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #77
metaphysician
Side-Kick

My inclination is to say, "SHIELD tech." No reason every cool gadget has to be made by Stark. Hell, if you take aspects of the Ultimate version, he could be a technical agent who designed the flying harness himself.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #78
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
My inclination is to say, "SHIELD tech." No reason every cool gadget has to be made by Stark. Hell, if you take aspects of the Ultimate version, he could be a technical agent who designed the flying harness himself.
I agree that Stark doesn't have to design everything in the MCU, but if you make it SHIELD issue, then the question arises: what's so special about Agent Wilson that he gets a special pair of hi-tech wings to flit around in?

Personally, I'd like the wings to be Wakandan in origin.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #79
Chewy
REDACTED

Easy, make him a SHIELD equipment tester

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #80
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
This

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #81
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
But then he has no reason to actually *keep* the wings, beyond the shakedown cruise; and it would be a head-scratcher to try to make an "equipment tester" suddenly become Captain America's new sidekick.

There has to be a legitimate reason for him to get the wings, *and* keep the wings. As well as a legitimate reason for him to become Cap's right-hand man.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #82
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree that Stark doesn't have to design everything in the MCU, but if you make it SHIELD issue, then the question arises: what's so special about Agent Wilson that he gets a special pair of hi-tech wings to flit around in?

Personally, I'd like the wings to be Wakandan in origin.
The wings are a porototype. He's the only one who uses them because he's the only one who has mastered the controls and is crazy enough to use the thing?

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #83
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Or he could've just made them for himself.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #84
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
The wings are a porototype. He's the only one who uses them because he's the only one who has mastered the controls and is crazy enough to use the thing?
Comes back to "government issue," though.
It's like the difference between War Machine and Iron Man --- the former is taking orders from the military, and has to act accordingly; but Tony has the freedom to do whatever he wants with his own property. That same kind of distance doesn't exist in the comic version of Cap and Snap, who can *both* do their own thing. (And Wilson usually does, independently of whatever Cap is up to.)

Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #85
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
But then he has no reason to actually *keep* the wings, beyond the shakedown cruise; and it would be a head-scratcher to try to make an "equipment tester" suddenly become Captain America's new sidekick.

There has to be a legitimate reason for him to get the wings, *and* keep the wings. As well as a legitimate reason for him to become Cap's right-hand man.
You have him become Cap's friend throughout the course of the film, and he ends up assisting him in whatever third act, "world in peril" scenario he finds himself in. He served his country and did it well, so Fury promotes him to a field agent.

His wings are what he knows, so he keeps them. Sort of like Hawkeye's bow.

It's really not all that hard to justify that kind of stuff.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #86
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I still say he needs to be augmented. A normal dude with mechanical wings doesnt seem to cut it.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #87
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I wonder if Falcon will have actual wings or just painted on like on the side of Cap's helmet?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #88
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I still say he needs to be augmented. A normal dude with mechanical wings doesnt seem to cut it.
Black Widow and Hawkeye didn't need super powers. Neither does Falcon. A highly skilled agent who has a gadget that lets him fly? That's totally useful.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #89
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Black Widow and Hawkeye didn't need super powers. Neither does Falcon. A highly skilled agent who has a gadget that lets him fly? That's totally useful.
Plus, he can talk to birds. Always useful in black ops missions.

In all srs bsns, I hope they give Falcon some more gadgetry; like maybe specialized goggles for NV, TI, targeting, and the usual Sam Fisher-type HUD. That would give Falcon an excellent reason to wear something resembling his traditional comic-book mask.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #90
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime114 View Post
He did work with Hawkeye in The Hurt Locker, so he already has experience working alongside an Avenger.
That's what I was thinking when I first read this. Yes, I'd love to see him join The Avengers.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #91
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Plus, he can talk to birds. Always useful in black ops missions.

In all srs bsns, I hope they give Falcon some more gadgetry; like maybe specialized goggles for NV, TI, targeting, and the usual Sam Fisher-type HUD. That would give Falcon an excellent reason to wear something resembling his traditional comic-book mask.
Having him use a mask that acts sort of like a heads-up display from a plane would be kind of cool.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #92
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Um....

Sam Wilson is one of Cap's specialized new team, probably a techie. SHIELD gives Cap some wings for whatever reason. Cap doesn't use them, in a pinch, Sam grabs the wings (escape crashing Quinjet?) and pwns with them, so Cap requests they be given him permanently at the end of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Or he could've just made them for himself.
This is clearly the best and simplest. Puts him in danger of being a poor Man's Tony Stark, but yeah, I like this. I'd even combine it with my idea, he makes them for Cap, but he ends up using them himself as Cap teaches him how to be a hero for himself.

Another cool moment might be Sam on that "I'm just a guy from Brooklyn" thing, gaining Cap's admiration of his attitude and then they start talking about Brooklyn since they both grew up there, but it's weird, cuz they're talking about places that burned down in the 50s, and really old speakeasies/bars that've been there since the Prohibition.

Dang I need to start writing. Ugh.

Quote:
That's VERY cool, I'd love that.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #93
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I don't think having Sam be a techy would really endanger Tony's niche. There's a difference between being an inventor and being The Inventor, after all.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #94
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Papa Doc is playing The Falcon? That's really cool. I'm a fan of the character (he's basically Marvel's Koko B. Ware), but I already know his classic costume isn't going to make it on screen. I can see them going with this one though:

I was actually hoping this guy from HBO:The WIRE to get this,but I'm cool w/this also.

http://www.hbo.com/the-wire/cast-and...lee/index.html

The Ironstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #95
TikkiEXX
Side-Kick

well in the Ultimates hes pretty much a genius. think he made the wings himself. and i forgot both him and Cap are from New York. but isnt Falcon from Harlem? still something they can bond over. hope they make him all acrobatic during the fight scenes. i know hes crazy agile in the comics, at least 616. wonder if the wings will be weoponised like in The Ultimates? pretty sure i remember him cutting some dude in half with them. lol

TikkiEXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #96
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikkiEXX View Post
well in the Ultimates hes pretty much a genius. think he made the wings himself. and i forgot both him and Cap are from New York. but isnt Falcon from Harlem? still something they can bond over. hope they make him all acrobatic during the fight scenes. i know hes crazy agile in the comics, at least 616. wonder if the wings will be weoponised like in The Ultimates? pretty sure i remember him cutting some dude in half with them. lol
Yep, Sam is from Harlem. And there's 70 years between Sam's New York and Cap's New York, so I doubt there'd be that much they could bond about there. (Realistically, Steve Rogers probably wouldn't have even gone near Harlem in the 1930s and 1940s anyway. Not being racist there, just sign o' the times.)

Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #97
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I don't think they'll bond over each other being from New York. Do all New Yorkers bond over that? If so, there wouldn't be any crime against each other. No-one would murder each other because they would all feel that this is a fellow New Yorker and brother. But people don't think like that. Especially if you are both in New York.

Now if two New Yorkers met each other overseas somewhere where everyone is a foreigner to them, then there might be more of a bond. But in NY, everyone's just going to take that sort of thing for granted.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #98
metaphysician
Side-Kick

OTOH, Sam being a New Yorker would make him a good candidate for helping Steve acclimate. He can be a bit of a guide to the NYC of the present day.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #99
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'm looking forward to Falcon being in this but I'm a little bit more than embarrassed to admit this but, I had one of these along with many other Mego's growing up.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #100
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I had the Marvel Legends Falcon:

Why does that Mego Falcon have sleeves where his bare arms should be?