The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #26
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

I don't really see how you introduce Balder without him having been in the first film. Plus I'd rather see Sif and the Warriors Three get more sreentime than add Balder to the mix this late in the game

Old 07-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Not sure I'd wanna see Balder. The thing that has me concerned about Thor 2, is the same thing I didn't like about the first movie. And that's not having much for the supporting cast to do...other than be there. I understand that Thor is the main character, but I felt Sif, the Warriors Three and Frigga got the short end of the stick.

And assuming more characters will be added in Thor 2, I just hope they get a handle of things. It's funny the first movie's script worked, but things just fell through in the editing department.
It will take a killer script and probably a longer running time to achieve the greater ensemble piece that fans want. I do wonder if Marvel will ever branch out with 2 1/2 hour or longer movies. Hopefully IM3 will break that mold (especially if it is looking for a more epic feel with the Mandarin finally arriving), and Thor: The Dark World right behind it. Unfortunately, I do expect that MS will continue to keep their running times down for their solo films. That said, I think this quote from Idris Elba in an interview with MTV speaks to some of your concerns:
Quote:
Whats more involved is who the Asgardians are. I think well see a sense of that. Its a huge film, Thor 2, but I also think its micro in a way that you start to look at people, who they are a little bit more.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #28
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
It will take a killer script and probably a longer running time to achieve the greater ensemble piece that fans want. I do wonder if Marvel will ever branch out with 2 1/2 hour or longer movies. Hopefully IM3 will break that mold (especially if it is looking for a more epic feel with the Mandarin finally arriving), and Thor: The Dark World right behind it. Unfortunately, I do expect that MS will continue to keep their running times down for their solo films. That said, I think this quote from Idris Elba in an interview with MTV speaks to some of your concerns:
That does relax some concerns, and indicate that the script is on point. But like you say, I do think Marvel should loosen up with their run-times. In past interviews, Feige commented on the matter saying that it all comes down to what keeps the story moving...and that they don't set out for a specific run. To me that sorta means, "it's all about the story...F--- the little characters."

With The Avengers being so successful and their longest movie, 143 minutes, I'm hoping they consider 'The more the better.'

Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Well, for those interested, Jaimie Alexander just tweeted:

Quote:
Jaimie Alexander ‏@JaimieAlexander

Sif costume got a reboot .....and it is AWESOME!!!!!!!

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #30
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Let's hope Sif gets more "fleshed out" as some guy said earlier.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #31
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I don't think Loki should have a major arc in this film, he's had enough time in the sun for now.
Well .... considering the mess he created on Earth (to which he'll have to answer to Odin) and the fact that he's got Thanos looking for him, I don't know how you avoid it.

But they do need to get that other villain(s) in here to freshen things up.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #32
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
That does relax some concerns, and indicate that the script is on point. But like you say, I do think Marvel should loosen up with their run-times. In past interviews, Feige commented on the matter saying that it all comes down to what keeps the story moving...and that they don't set out for a specific run. To me that sorta means, "it's all about the story...F--- the little characters."

With The Avengers being so successful and their longest movie, 143 minutes, I'm hoping they consider 'The more the better.'
I actually hope they continue to stay away from such sweeping generalizations when thinking about what makes a movie successful. Studio execs thinking "the more the better" gave us clusterf**ks like the Star Wars prequels and Spider-Man 3. That said, I think we agree that they should realize that fun superhero action adventures don't have to be limited to 2 hours.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #33
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

Hope the Warriors Three costumes got some upgrades, too.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
marcvader
Lurker #1

Wonder how Thor's suit will change.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #35
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I actually hope they continue to stay away from such sweeping generalizations when thinking about what makes a movie successful. Studio execs thinking "the more the better" gave us clusterf**ks like the Star Wars prequels and Spider-Man 3. That said, I think we agree that they should realize that fun superhero action adventures don't have to be limited to 2 hours.
A much better way of putting what I meant.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #36
steintym
Stay Frosty

I definitely want to see the repercussions of what Loki did on Earth (answering to Odin) and i'd also like to see some background on what he went through after the first Thor film, but having said that, I wouldn't mind if Loki were a bit more in the background ... pulling the strings this time around.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Belly shirt.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-31-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Ew, that is the nastys. Lol. No but really that's pretty ugly.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #39
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Well .... considering the mess he created on Earth (to which he'll have to answer to Odin) and the fact that he's got Thanos looking for him, I don't know how you avoid it.

But they do need to get that other villain(s) in here to freshen things up.
It still doesn't have to be a "major arc" as in one of the main arcs of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Hope the Warriors Three costumes got some upgrades, too.
Actually I think their costumes in THOR were perfect, the only things I want to see added are Hogun's mustache and head gear.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #40
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Belly shirt.

OH MY GOD. Please not.

lol

Old 07-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #41
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Belly shirt.

Now why did you have to go there?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #42
Chewy
REDACTED

Thor, Loki, Odin, Heimdall

They should all wear belly shirts

Old 07-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #43
marcvader
Lurker #1

Is that the new fad going around Asgard these days?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #44
Chewy
REDACTED

Apparently, everyone but Sif is wearing them

Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #45
marcvader
Lurker #1

Heard Volstagg really took to it.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #46
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

He has the belly for it after all

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #47
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Now there's a disturbing mental image <--- not me crying, but me trying to get the picture out of my head *lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #48
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
He has the belly for it after all
You guys made my day!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #49
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I think it should stay pretty much the same, I want both the armored outfit and the sleeveless outfit from TA to return.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #50
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Variety caught up with actress Rene Russo to talk about her role in Thor and the upcoming Thor: The Dark World and the subject quickly went to her reading up on the character a little more before the second film gets going. Here's a clip:

I think they're going to need a good mom in the next film. Loki needs his mom. What the hell? I have a lot of compassion for him. But we might have to have a conversation about what he just did, Russo laughed. And I might have to have a chat with Thor. But I am so confused - is Thor my son or not? People have been telling me recently, 'No, you're not his mother.' It's all so confusing! I got to tell ya, it would be a little embarrassing if I don't know. I need to read more about her.

That's definitely a family dynamic that should be explored in the sequel.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-before-thor-2

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread