The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #51
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS2013 View Post
I'm the same.

I'm greedy and impatient so I want more already
Same here haha I try to be patient but I'm just so damned excited,

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #52
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 3

I don't think itd flap anyway if the force is pushing against him.

BH/HHH is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #53
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,617
Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 3

I know that a lot of people are thinking about the second trailer coming out in December with the Hobbit, but there might be another opportunity in late October. The Wachowskis and the WB are producing a star studded film called "Cloud Atlas" (base on a 2004 book with the same name) with Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugo Weaving, Susan Sarandon, and Hugh Grant. If it looks to be popular it might be a good opportunity to air a trailer then.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #54
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,947
Default Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive1980 View Post
I predict it will be paired with The Hobbit.

I'll watch that one, the first trailer, but after that I won't watch trailer 2 or 3 as they tend to give too much away.
I'm with you. After the second trailer I'm set. I didn't watch any of the long clips or extra footage for Batman or Spiderman for that matter. Way too much. I love that feeling of being surprised and taken off guard.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #55
matrix_ghost
milfhunter
 
matrix_ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At Tarantino's grave...Where he belongs
Posts: 5,363
Default Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely December with the Hobbit. I'm still holding out hope they'l do an 8 minute preview or a portion of the film (like Nolans done with the Batman series) with IMAX showings of the Hobbit. If we were to get it earlier which I find unlikely it'd probably be with Twilight.

I reckon it'l have some stuff from the Comic Con trailer for sure, I wouldn't care if they took out the bit with the bus cause after that is when the Comic Con trailer really kicks in. I reckon they'll probably show more Superman in action in the next trailer though.
I do think that a new trailer will be attached to the Hobbit though just like you said , it would be nice to have a sneak peak of the footage ala TDK and TDKR.
The thing is that with the footage of TDK and TDKR , both times they introduced the villains of the movie . If this basically turns out to be Superman Begins , i just can't see them showing a full sequence because the movie would basically build towards Clark's inevitable introduction as Superman.
And what's the use of introducing the villain when the movie is about Superman.

Although now that i think about it , perhaps the scene of Jor-El fighting Zod , the Jor-El lauching Kal-El into space and the inevitable destruciton of Krypton

__________________

Rambo is better then viagra. Heck it should be mandatory viewing for us males before we bang our women
matrix_ghost is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #56
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,876
Default Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

I hope we get SOMETHING between now and December. Even if it's just an online release of the SDCC footage (like we got for Iron Man), because that teaser was quite the let-down, imo.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #57
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,557
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Some official stills of Supes or Zod or even Jor El would do for me.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #58
D4rkShaDoWz
Gotham's Reckoning
 
D4rkShaDoWz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Hey guys, I recently edited the new MoS teaser trailer with the John Williams theme and I think it completely changes the tone of the movie... still maintaining its "epic yet gritty" theme while still having a sense of grandeur. Let me know what you think!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
D4rkShaDoWz' Manips and DVD Covers Thread
My Latest Videos and Fan Trailers
Iron Man 3 - 9/10

Check out my latest fan trailer -
X-Men: Days of Future Past and my short film "Touched"

D4rkShaDoWz is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #59
Jim-El
"My Son"
 
Jim-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 818
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Love that Fortress of Solitude Theme............

Jim-El is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #60
D4rkShaDoWz
Gotham's Reckoning
 
D4rkShaDoWz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Also, New York Comic Con is in October, so there's a small possibility that something will be shown there as well.

__________________
D4rkShaDoWz' Manips and DVD Covers Thread
My Latest Videos and Fan Trailers
Iron Man 3 - 9/10

Check out my latest fan trailer -
X-Men: Days of Future Past and my short film "Touched"

D4rkShaDoWz is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #61
dabilee01
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 336
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rkShaDoWz View Post
Hey guys, I recently edited the new MoS teaser trailer with the John Williams theme and I think it completely changes the tone of the movie... still maintaining its "epic yet gritty" theme while still having a sense of grandeur. Let me know what you think!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
you know what? after rewatching that (saw it last week, too), i'm def excited for a new take on the musical score for this film. call me crazy, but the JW score now seems...outdated. like it belongs in a different era or time. or maybe because i just associate the original films with his score, and with this new interpretation, i want something new.

dabilee01 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #62
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,717
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabilee01 View Post
you know what? after rewatching that (saw it last week, too), i'm def excited for a new take on the musical score for this film. call me crazy, but the JW score now seems...outdated. like it belongs in a different era or time. or maybe because i just associate the original films with his score, and with this new interpretation, i want something new.
Could not agree more. The original JW theme was great and has been great for over 30 years. It has run it's course and the time has come for it to be retired.

Kryptonian Warrior is online now  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #63
MOS2013
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 154
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Agree with that.

The Williams score is one of, if not my all time favourite score, it's genius and it's so iconic. But it doesn't belong with this film and I'm just happy they're doing their own completely new take with no ties to the Reeve films.

MOS2013 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #64
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

totally agree that fan edit trailer just reinforces my stance that the williams more light hearted and cheesy theme would just feel so out of place with the look and tone of mos which is more grounded and realistic

much like elfman's more fantastical and whimsical bat theme would fit out of place in nolan's batman universe

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #65
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,763
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

JW theme will always be great, but there is no reason why Superman cannot have two themes. lol...I still love Elfman's Batman theme and I love Zimmerman's BB theme. Two completely different pieces, but both very good in their own right.

__________________
Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #66
MOS2013
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 154
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
totally agree that fan edit trailer just reinforces my stance that the williams more light hearted and cheesy theme would just feel so out of place with the look and tone of mos which is more grounded and realistic

much like elfman's more fantastical and whimsical bat theme would fit out of place in nolan's batman universe
Did you get a private screening of the film?

I'll need to wait to see the film before I figure out the tone. I wouldn't say Williams score was in any way cheesy right enough, its just probably not going to be a good fit for a Superman film which is being made with the a Hans Zimmer score in mind.

MOS2013 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #67
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

i think it is safe to say it is grounded and realistic dont need to see the film to make that assumption based off teaser/comic con footage

and pretty much every zack snyder interview

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #68
dabilee01
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 336
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i think it is safe to say it is grounded and realistic dont need to see the film to make that assumption based off teaser/comic con footage

and pretty much every zack snyder interview
yeah, usually i'm the one preaching "YOU SHOULDN'T ASSSUUUMEEEE", but, for this new film, i'm ok with assuming that the tone and feel of the movie will be more serious and emotional. and i'm ok with that, because, as great as the original films were, i never felt connected to superman in any way. it was always "oh, wow, that's cool. a man who can fly and do all those things. great!". this new film looks like it's aiming to connect with the audience, thus making superman "relevant".

dabilee01 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #69
JOE
_________________________
 
JOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,724
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Other movies can get away with a mediocre score, Supes cannot. Lots of pressure in that department.

__________________
"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #70
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,461
Default Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_ghost View Post
I do think that a new trailer will be attached to the Hobbit though just like you said , it would be nice to have a sneak peak of the footage ala TDK and TDKR.
The thing is that with the footage of TDK and TDKR , both times they introduced the villains of the movie . If this basically turns out to be Superman Begins , i just can't see them showing a full sequence because the movie would basically build towards Clark's inevitable introduction as Superman.
And what's the use of introducing the villain when the movie is about Superman.

Although now that i think about it , perhaps the scene of Jor-El fighting Zod , the Jor-El lauching Kal-El into space and the inevitable destruciton of Krypton
Lmao at your sig

__________________
Quote:
As the poet John Dryden once had it: "Beware the fury of a patient man." Or Batman.
manofsteel4life is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #71
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,501
Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I personally think it could go either way. Incomplete CGI or it's because he is flying straight up. If he were flying at an angle, I would expect some flapping but since is he flying at the speed of sound and going straight up, I wouldn't think it would flap at all because it has so much resistance against it. I'm no physics expert though, so I could be completely wrong. Sounds good in my head though. Lol
I'm just hoping that's the explanation...he's flying really fast and going straight up. I know the cape flows thanks to the con footage, I just don't want the cape to lay on his back like it did in the Chris Reeve movies...it was just draped over his back and it looked like crap

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #72
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,679
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

I agree its time to completely retire the Williams score. Im sure your edit is cool, but Im gonna skip anything that harkens back to the Donner films or SR.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #73
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,501
Default Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I hope we get something earlier than December. That's so far away. It doesn't have to be a full trailer, just something with a little bit more than what was in the teaser. I love the teaser... but I want a few more "WOW!" shots. I've seen the bootleg con footage, but so much of the good stuff was blurry.
I'd settle for some character posters and stuff like like...maybe some footage if WB is feeling generous

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #74
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,501
Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
I can see you haven't been on these boards for very long. Did you come back with a new username? Because I've seen much worse criticisms/complaints. I actually kinda see what he's saying but I can see the end of his cape flapping around so it's cool.
thanks man...I don't expect to see it going all over the place but I did kind of expect a little more movement than what I saw. Maybe it's the angle of the camera and the angle he is flying at and his speed...I do see the cape flapping a little at the end, I guess I just thought there would be more movement

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #75
Snoo
Clark's loyal friend
 
Snoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 4,921
Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I'm with you. After the second trailer I'm set. I didn't watch any of the long clips or extra footage for Batman or Spiderman for that matter. Way too much. I love that feeling of being surprised and taken off guard.
That's what I did with SR (not seeing anything besides the trailer, I even almost forgot about the kid) but I don't think I'll be able to control myself this time around because I'm an idiot. *grumbles* It's hard to get away from something when you want to see it so very badly. And I'm so curious about Henry's portrayal, as I'm sure everyone on this board is. I'm itching to know more.

Hopefully someone won't have to physically restrain me from checking out the tantalizing MOS TV spots next year, because after watching the extremely spoilerific TDKR spots - and reading rumours and seeing spoilery pap shots during the film's production - I am aware how easy it is to spoil the movie for yourself. The smallest scene or shot could be too much, as you say. It may be one of those shots you were looking forward to, one of those character moments, and the kind of stuff you don't want to know beforehand because it's such a joy to see it on the big screen first. And though TDKR still had surprises in store for me, I do feel the tv spots in particular gave too much of the story/best character lines away. The two weeks before release were the worst.

And so I don't want Superman/Clark's best lines, for instance, to appear in the trailers/spots. Give us some "WOOT! HELLZ, YEAH!" iconic shots to make people notice the film, and add in at least some humour. But those real gems, the hidden gems no one saw coming? Those work like wonders when they manage to surprise you! Because I remember someone saying back when SR was released, that they already knew, judging by the first big trailer, the film had little action and "not much of a plot". There were no surprises left. Not sure if that was just some smug fan acting all smart and condescending after the news hit SR was not performing as well as expected at the BO, but yeah, that quote really stuck out to me for some reason (personally, I had no fears when I saw the trailer).

__________________
Just fourteen years ago, a boy looked deep into the void of night and told the darkness he would spend the rest of his life warring on criminals. He meant it.
He studied, he trained, he clawed his way toward becoming a man who must never again lose to evil.
Just six nights ago, he looked deep into himself and murmured, "I am ready."
- Batman Chronicles #19

Snoo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.