The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Arta
Side-Kick

Default Calling it now: the triple sonic boom will be Superman's signature move in the film.

Everytime he does that in Man Of Steel, it'll be his powerup scene (like Dragonball Z) and he'll be doing something extremely dramatic and awesome, like what Singer tried to do with the kryptonite island in that 2006 movie.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Calling it now: the triple sonic boom will be Superman's signature move in the fi

So even though we've seen a lot of sonic booms in flying stuff in movies...this one will somehow be different in that he'll have....more of them?

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
MOS2013
Banned User

Default Re: Calling it now: the triple sonic boom will be Superman's signature move in the fi

I'd be shocked if he does it more than the 1 time we saw him do it in the trailer........so no, not for me.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
So even though we've seen a lot of sonic booms in flying stuff in movies...this one will somehow be different in that he'll have....more of them?
Because he's Superman, duh.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Project862006
Banned User

he should do the real sonic boom
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

this song makes everything better btw

Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arta View Post
Everytime he does that in Man Of Steel, it'll be his powerup scene (like Dragonball Z) and he'll be doing something extremely dramatic and awesome, like what Singer tried to do with the kryptonite island in that 2006 movie.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Because he's Superman, duh.
Which really counts for very little.

Besides, the Delorean in Back To the Future already did it for three movies.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 07-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Did this really need it's own thread?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
Superman Prime

His signature move will be Special Beam Cannon. This was established months ago, get with the program.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Arta
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah but I mean dramatically, like if he has to fly up to destroy something and there's this big explosion and everyone thinks he sacrificed himself, or just to take out Zod once and for all.

Everytime you see this triple sonic boom it would be a sign that he's using his second wind and is forced to putting everything he has for real, instead of holding back. Kinda like in the Justice League series.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I always thought Superman's signature move was the lifting things.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
Arta
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I always thought Superman's signature move was the lifting things.
Superman Returns drove that into the ground...

Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arta View Post
Yeah but I mean dramatically, like if he has to fly up to destroy something and there's this big explosion and everyone thinks he sacrificed himself, or just to take out Zod once and for all.

Everytime you see this triple sonic boom it would be a sign that he's using his second wind and is forced to putting everything he has for real, instead of holding back. Kinda like in the Justice League series.
I don't think so...his actions when and after flying should speak more than enough...it doesn't need something that extraneous as a 'signature' element. If it happens a few times when he flies really fast, that's one thing. But it's used so much in all kinds of flying stuff that it's just not that impressive on its own be it once or five times.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #16
Arta
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think so...his actions when and after flying should speak more than enough...it doesn't need something that extraneous as a 'signature' element. If it happens a few times when he flies really fast, that's one thing. But it's used so much in all kinds of flying stuff that it's just not that impressive on its own be it once or five times.
True, maybe twice is ideal, 3 times if you really want to push it. Maybe once as world travelling Clark after some tragedy, and the second time during the final clash against Zod as a callback. Just to break it up a bit.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #17
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Clark on fire while his clothes burn off of him will be the signature scene most likely.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Arta
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelPopcorn View Post
Clark on fire while his clothes burn off of him will be the signature scene most likely.
Yes, that will be memorable, but I think you and I are talking about two different things.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #19
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

the fact that we're getting a Superman movie that will actually kick ass will be the signature scene.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #20
Viciousjay
Side-Kick

His signature move will be not sucking and being emo like Returns was!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

well its more of a visual effect than a "move". nice touch tho. im glad they seem to be reimagining all the stuff we take for granted with supes.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

If anything...it's extending his arms from his sides to straight out front when he wants to accelerate in flight. That move really only happens with Superman as flying is such a natural physical attribute of his.

...well...and Neo's....

Old 07-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #23
GreenKToo
In the fire

No, no, no. His signature move should be just standing there screaming while he powers up....

Superman powering up: ARGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhh

(10 minutes later, Zod looks at his watch) is this gonna take much longer??

Superman ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ( takes breath) HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ZOD: ( pats foot ) well?????

SUPERMAN: Holds up a finger in a ''just a second'' gesture, ''ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh......hhhhhh......hhhhhhh

( Zod rolls his eyes )

(Suddenly, from out of the shadows, a dark figure appears.)

BATMAN: ( In a hoarse voice ) ''I'm Baaatmaaan''. He then proceeds to shoot Zod dead with a kryptonite laser.

SUPERMAN: ( out of breath ) party pooper.

BATMAN. ( long silence as he stares at superman ) ''I'm Batman, i'm Batman, i'm BAT......MAN''

Last edited by GreenKToo; 07-31-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #24
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Batman vs. Superman I

Old 07-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Closed Thread