The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #51
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

I believe it was Vulture. But from what Russo says, it's hard to determine whether or not she's been approached to return. With filming kicking off in a few days, I'd imagine she'd have more to offer.

And I've always wondered if they were ever gonna explore Gaea being Thor's birth mother.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #52
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Thor's lineage is kind of irrelevant to the overall narrative, to be honest

Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #53
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
In my honest opinion, I wouldn’t think it is entirely.

Now granted, I may be new to the Thor universe.lol, but from what I’ve read, there’s potential to be used for Thor’s own journey in the MCU.

I don’t think any real angst will result in the way that it did for Loki when he had discovered his real lineage, but I do think that certain actions may be taken by Thor if he is to learn that he has a different mother altogether, let alone one that is a elder god of Earth.

It could further motivate his desire to move to and be stationed more on Earth rather than staying in Asgard for most of his time, which could eventually create that conflict where the other Asgardians bring up the issue on how he seemingly cares for Earth more than he does of Asgard.

Then, if what I read is true, the character of “The Other” in The Avengers was actually based off of a character in the comics that is linked with the elder gods as well, further cementing a potential deeper link between Thor and Thanos, who is sure to become a Major antagonist for the entire MCU.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #54
steintym
Stay Frosty

Regarding changes to Thor's costume, I would still like to see what it would look like with armored legs. I'm assuming they probably tried it and the look didn't work, but I'd like to see it to believe it.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #55
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I don't think it was just about looks as I'm probably thinking that it was about function as well and how it would have been more difficult for Chris to be mobile during his action scenes if he had that armor on his legs like the character does in the comics.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #56
steintym
Stay Frosty

Yeah, you' re probably right. I still really like that look in the comics and would be curious to see how it looks in live action.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #57
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
That's a pretty close minded way to look at it.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #58
Chewy
REDACTED

Not really. Would you rather they move the story forward and set up a Surtur saga or delve back into parental drama?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #59
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not really. Would you rather they move the story forward and set up a Surtur saga or delve back into parental drama?
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Thor's relationship with his father and his lineage are integral to his character, and any forward motion in his story, even a Surtur saga, will inevitably be touched by that.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #60
marcvader
Lurker #1

I have no interest what so ever in to being side tracked with more lineage issues in the cinematic universe. Keep the impetus moving forward with novel Thor story ideas.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #61
Chewy
REDACTED

His relationship with his father, who is one of the central characters, sure. The fact that his mother is not the woman who raised him, but an ancient entity, not so much.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #62
spideymouse
Side-Kick

On a wholly unrelated note... this is a post from last July:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think Thor 2 will take place after Avengers. I don't see it coming before. I actually can see Thor 2 maybe leading into Cap 2 by releasing the Red Skull back to Earth.
Who would like to see something like this as the end-credits scene Thor: The Dark World, since CA:TWS is the next movie after T:TDW? It's odd to me that no one has been discussing the Red Skull's whereabouts in this forum recently.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #63
marcvader
Lurker #1

He could be anywhere. Not just the nine realms.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #64
Chewy
REDACTED

I think it would be seen as kind of corny if both Red Skull and Bucky resurfaced in Cap's life at around the same time. In my mind it was one or the other for Cap 2.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #65
sabetoonth
Who?

Honestly, I think Schmidt is dead

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 08-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #66
steintym
Stay Frosty

I wouldn't mind seeing Thor 2 lead into Cap 2, but it might be odd having both Bucky and the Red Skull return in the first sequel for Cap.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #67
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think it would be seen as kind of corny if both Red Skull and Bucky resurfaced in Cap's life at around the same time. In my mind it was one or the other for Cap 2.
Well, wouldn't Bucky technically have been resurfacing every few years or so from WWII to the present? The only reason he's be "resurfacing at this point in Cap's life" is that Cap was asleep until the present, of course.

As for Red Skull, the fact that Thor: The Dark World will be journeying through other parts of the Nine Realms presents a perfect opportunity to address Red Skull's whereabouts, even if it's only via an end-credits scene. If anything, it would be a smoother transition from a Thor movie to a Cap movie than somehow showing a completely unrelated Bucky tease after the credits of T:TDW.

I guess after watching CA:TFA again recently, I'm hoping for Red Skull's return sooner than later. I would really love for them to better characterize him as Cap's rival and archenemy, not as the dude who ran from the SSR every time they showed up.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #68
marcvader
Lurker #1

I for one don't want Red Skull being anywhere in the nine realms. I want the Universe to feel more vast and not have the MCU just piddling around the nine realms.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #69
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I for one don't want Red Skull being anywhere in the nine realms. I want the Universe to feel more vast and not have the MCU just piddling around the nine realms.
Where should he be, then? If he was transported by the Tesseract, should have ended up on "the other end"?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #70
sabetoonth
Who?

But where's the other end?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #71
Chewy
REDACTED

"Elsewhere, in the cosmos..."

Old 08-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #72
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Where should he be, then? If he was transported by the Tesseract, should have ended up on "the other end"?
Where do you think "the other end" is?

Here's the math, the way I see it: Loki wound up on Thanos' throne. Thanos tells him to go get the Tesseract, which SHIELD has in their Dark Matter lab.

This is the same Tesseract that Howard Stark recovered from the ocean floor. The same Tesseract that burned a hole through Johann Schmidt, and the bomber, in 1945.

Loki *enters* this world through the Tesseract in the JDM Lab. Ergo: he came from "the other side."

Ergo: "the other side" is Thanos' throne.

Ergo:

....yup. Skully is currently at Thanos' throne.

Chew on THAT awhile.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #73
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Here's the math, the way I see it: Loki wound up on Thanos' throne. Thanos tells him to go get the Tesseract, which SHIELD has in their Dark Matter lab.

This is the same Tesseract that Howard Stark recovered from the ocean floor. The same Tesseract that burned a hole through Johann Schmidt, and the bomber, in 1945.

Loki *enters* this world through the Tesseract in the JDM Lab. Ergo: he came from "the other side."

Ergo:

Chew on THAT awhile.
You know, I actually thought the same thing but wasn't so sure about it. Sounds like Avengers 3 might have Thanos, Red Skull, Loki, Mandarin (why not?).

Old 08-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #74
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I really hope they don't go with "Thor is Gaia's son". It would be an unnecessary complication that would basically repeat Loki's themes all over again, *and* require introducing an extra god-being that otherwise is unlikely to be story-relevant. It would also beg a lot of questions on why Odin and Frigga don't have any of their own kids.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #75
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Ergo:

Chew on THAT awhile.
Need to watch it again, but couldn't Loki been teleported somewhere else? I remember Hiddleston saying he will meet gansters of the 9 realms. Couldn't he have gone somewhere else and found his way to Thanos throne?

Closed Thread