The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #26
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Calling it now: the triple sonic boom will be Superman's signature move in the fi

The animation quality for Batman during the Superman years really went downhill.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #27
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Calling it now: the triple sonic boom will be Superman's signature move in the fi

I think either the sonic booms or the glasses scene will be the final scene of the movie.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelPopcorn View Post
The animation quality for Batman during the Superman years really went downhill.
I actually preferred the later/2nd generation of Batman TAS. I thought it was sleeker and sharper overall.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #29
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

And he got to fight a Dinosaur.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #30
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
No, no, no. His signature move should be just standing there screaming while he powers up....

Superman powering up: ARGHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhh

(10 minutes later, Zod looks at his watch) is this gonna take much longer??

Superman ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ( takes breath) HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ZOD: ( pats foot ) well?????

SUPERMAN: Holds up a finger in a ''just a second'' gesture, ''ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh......hhhhhh......hhhhhhh

( Zod rolls his eyes )

(Suddenly, from out of the shadows, a dark figure appears.)

BATMAN: ( In a hoarse voice ) ''I'm Baaatmaaan''. He then proceeds to shoot Zod dead with a kryptonite laser.

SUPERMAN: ( out of breath ) party pooper.

BATMAN. ( long silence as he stares at superman ) ''I'm Batman, i'm Batman, i'm BAT......MAN''
This is so bizarre that it's hilarious.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The animation was better, but some of the character designs were worse.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #32
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
The animation was better, but some of the character designs were worse.
Joker was interesting in some episodes, and Bane was incredible.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #33
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Was that when Bane had the S&M dog collar?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Was that when Bane had the S&M dog collar?
Yeah, but the red eyes and the calm voice were truly menacing.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #35
Arta
Side-Kick

After seeing the new trailer with the additional footage of Supes powering up affecting the environment around him with anti gravity, I think there will be a dramatic scene near the end of the film where he powerups similarly, and then goes through the triple sonic boom to destroy something, possibly at great risk to himself.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Batman vs. Superman I

You'd think that he would be able to hear better with those big bunny ears!

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".

Last edited by RetrogradeOrbit; 12-23-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #37
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Batman vs. Superman I

Batman smirk FTW

And I read that in Kevin Conroy's voice.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #38
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I sawReturns for the first time in years the other day. I never noticed that Routh makes a sonic boom almost identical to the one in the trailer. It happened so quick that I forgot it ever took place in that movie. It was one quick sonic boom as opposed to three quick sonic booms in the MOS trailer. Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing him do this a few times in the movie, especially.since no one remembers him doing it in SR. It just goes to show you once is not enough to make it memorable, needs to be done twice, three times tops in order for it to stick out in a person's mind.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #39
Synekal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
the fact that we're getting a Superman movie that will actually kick ass will be the signature scene.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #40
\S/
The Real Steel Deal

Arta, no offense, but using the term "signature move" belies your inherent misunderstanding of the character of Superman.

He's not a vapid, forgettable character of anime or an even more hollow skin in a fighting game. He's the first and perhaps the greatest superhero. He's a literary character that has survived for three quarters of a century and will continue to endure long after we're all gone.

So please, go and do some reading on the character so you can get a grasp on him other than what you've seen in a two-minute trailer or a video game preview.

I recommend these collections:
*Superman For All Seasons
*Superman: Secret Identity
*Superman: The Man of Steel
*The Death of Superman Trilogy
*All-Star Superman
*Superman and The Men of Steel
*Kingdom Come
*Superman: Up, Up, and Away!

Read a few (or all) of these and then let's see if you still want to make ridiculous statements like "Superman's signature move will be..."

\S/

Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #41
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

I think that's enough with this thread. Closing.

Closed Thread