The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: How many movies would you like set in the past?
2 1 6.25%
3 8 50.00%
4 2 12.50%
5 0 0%
6 3 18.75%
7-10 0 0%
+10 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: How many 'First Class' movies would you like in total?

that's the spirit!

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #27
Lord
All Mighty

I would like them to make the past x-men movies at the same time as the present ones, possibly Bryan Singer can direct X-Men 4 after he's done with Jack the giant killer

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #28
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I would like them to make the past x-men movies at the same time as the present ones,
Too expensive to have two sets of films running at once. And probably a bit confusing to the audience to switch between different sets of X-Men

Quote:
possibly Bryan Singer can direct X-Men 4 after he's done with Jack the giant killer
I thought he had already finished Jack the Giant Killer, but Warner Bros shelved it for the time being, for some reason.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Probably not jumping to the 80s. Continue on for 1 or 2 movies close to the First class time period, then seeing where they are at.

Since it is registered, they will be doing DOFP probably within the next 5 years. That will switch everything up. My personal preference is that the X Men movies arent all set in the past for the next decade or two. I just dont like the idea. But hey if they do that and they are good films Im all for it.
Yep, except that DoFP might be the plot of the next First Class film, in which case that will shake things up earlier.

I'm really curious about how they deal with DoFP and where it leaves the First Class characters and the future characters.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #30
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yep, except that DoFP might be the plot of the next First Class film, in which case that will shake things up earlier.
Im all for it. I think it needs to happen to put the franchise in a better position.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #31
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Im all for it. I think it needs to happen to put the franchise in a better position.
I wonder what the landscape will be like at the end of the story. Will past and future characters co-exist in a new timeline?

Old 06-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #32
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I wonder what the landscape will be like at the end of the story. Will past and future characters co-exist in a new timeline?
Dont know but most of all our first reactions when we heard about DOFP was its a great way to fix some of the problems and continue on with possibly both X Films. Im sure Fox has thought the same.

I hope they open up a quite a few possibilities for multiple X team movies and correcting some of the problems with the X3 characters who got treated ****** . If anything this franchise has had a problem with not opening their world enough. It could def change all that.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #33
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Dont know but most of all our first reactions when we heard about DOFP was its a great way to fix some of the problems and continue on with possibly both X Films. Im sure Fox has thought the same.

I hope they open up a quite a few possibilities for multiple X team movies and correcting some of the problems with the X3 characters who got treated ****** . If anything this franchise has had a problem with not opening their world enough. It could def change all that.
What continuity problems would DOFP fix?

Old 06-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I think they are still ****ed with their continuity issues. Those films will probably stay as they are. But if they go with a completely Alternative timeline the possibilities are endless on what they could change for the potential future. No cure, dead characters etc. It could start a new timeline depending on when the future changing event happens. Since they dont follow the comics and its being considered as a FC movie its impossible to know what they plan on doing, but with an ALt timline/Future they wont have to stick to the continuity of X1,2 or 3. Reboot without rebooting.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Well, it wouldn't fix Xavier saying in X1 he was 17 when he met Erik, nor the young Emma seen at the end of Wolverine...unless they establish the notion of multiple timelines existing so that the previous films are their own continuity.

That would then mean, for instance, that we could see Rachel Summers come from the future. Clearly, the Scott and Jean of X1/2/3 didn't live long enough to have a daughter, so it would have to be another timeline with another version of Scott and Jean.

What the setting up of a new timeline (by DoFP altering the past) would definitely mean is that the First Class series can introduce Scott in a different way to that seen at the end of XMO: Wolverine and can introduce Jean in a different way to that seen at the start of X3.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
Angamb
Banned User

They wont explain multiple timelines.....

I see them continuing with creative liberties, like they have done with some characters... so they will probably introduce Scott and Jean in different ways without any explanation.

I highly doubt they'd say the characters from original trilogy are part of another timeline...

but we'll see what happens in the sequel/s

Last edited by Angamb; 06-27-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
def28
Side-Kick

The explanation would be the future has been changed, and thats really all they need.

They could have it be a fixable future instead of a completely different timeline. But they would still have to explain the event and how it changes the future. Depending on when the event happens which IM guessing would be the FC time period the characters in X1,2 and 3 would be in a different place because of it. To early to tell but it does give the option of seeing Cyclops and Jean in later times again without rebooting. As well as introducing some great characters and other story lines in future films that involve time travel or need an alt universe to be explained. Alt timeline would probably be for the better.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #38
Angamb
Banned User

Its a hard issue to explain definetly....

I see its difficult to avoid the Days of future past possibility in all the topics right now, lol

Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #39
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I see its difficult to avoid the Days of future past possibility in all the topics right now, lol
Yeah, theres a strong chance it is FC2. Until confirmed the DOFP info is all we have to go off of. Im sure it will be an awesome flick regardless if it is or not.

Last edited by def28; 06-27-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 AM   #40
Angamb
Banned User

Im sure too.

I hope Fox takes a big care of this franchise, now that they have started with a new cast and a new and great creative team.

They can do a great job all together, so lets hope they dont get tired soon, so we can enjoy all these actors and characters for more than three movies.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
The Guard
Side-Kick

Is it weird that I'd be okay with just X-MEN: FIRST CLASS and X-MEN: SECOND CLASS, as long as SECOND CLASS is a bit more ambitious than the first movie?

I feel like the story they're telling, the schism between Xavier and Magneto and the training of the young X-Men/gathering of the Brotherhood, along with the world's first exposure to mutants, can pretty easily be told in two films. After that, I'd kind of rather see a new "franchise" with the original X-Men members, because I really don't think we're going to see them in the sequels to FIRST CLASS unless it is, in fact, DOFP, and even then, I suspect several of them won't show up.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #42
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Two more movies for the First Class series then I want to see X-Men 4 after that.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #43
Angamb
Banned User

that would be amazing, definetly.

Id accept any of these options:

- A large First Class franchise: with, 5, 6 or more movies.
- A First Class trilogy and X4
- A First Class trilogy more X4 and X5.

Old 07-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #44
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We are probally getting after The Wolverine and X-Men:days of Future Past

a Third film set In 1970's Introducing teenage Cyclops and jean Grey
a film which will basiclly be Bryan Singer's X5 Ideas hopefully featuring his return to directing an X-Men film
A Possibe new Mutants spinoff
a Third trilogy set primarly In the 1980's getting us closer to event of first Trilogy

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #45
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
a Third trilogy set primarly In the 1980's getting us closer to event of first Trilogy
That would be interesting. With the First Class actors older, to play more mature x-men.

Fox has sooo many possibilities with this franchise right now, its really exciting

Old 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #46
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'd like to see quite a big time jump from X-Men: First Class to its sequel. Perhaps late mid seventies. I'd like to see Charles coming to the forefront of the advocation of mutants as well as a the growing divide between Erik and Charles, at this point, I'd like to see them still be quite civilised towards each other, and fighting a common foe that results in the construction of Cerebro, as well as seeing them become true enemies.

After that I'd like to see the franchises cross over, they have the ability to make something as epic in scope as Avengers here.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #47
Angamb
Banned User

they deffinetly has characters and storylines to create something big and epic.

I dont see them going with the cosmic side of the comics with this franchise, but it still has much potential.

The handicap of the x-men or this franchise at this point is that mutant arent known at all by the society, so I get the feeling that Fox and Matthew wont create an epic battle on the big city, and stuff like that seen in big movies like Transformers and Avengers.

So this somehow limits the potential of epic action in the streets, afeccting many citizens and that kind of scope.

But as I've said, they dont have to go that big yet in the early 60's, they have time to make evolve the mutants world during the 60's and 70's, so Im not mad at all about that, I think they made some improvements in the action department on First Class, so the sequels can only get better and bigger.

So we shouldnt worry about it

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #48
RomyFan
Side-Kick

I chose +10, though I know it's not very realistic, but the more X-Men i get, the better. 3 would be fine anyway.

RomyFan is offline   Reply With Quote