The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #51
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

The only thing I think might be questionable regarding Grammer's inclusion is the visual difference between the two Beasts. Plus, they may want to save money and simply age Hoult via make-up, since he's already under cover, rather than pay Grammer. Though, for fans of Grammer's Beast, it would be a nice tie-in.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #52
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I would never say no to Kelsey Grammer.
I agree.Him and Ellen Page were only good addations to the Last Stand.Of course some others may have worked better with Vaughn Directing.And Grammer was actully hired by Vaughn.

However since Vaughn likes the more cat like Beast doudtful they would have him In future sequenze. In part due to avoid talk of beast different appearance.If Beast Is In future more likely they would age up Nicholas Holt In catlike Beast makeup.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #53
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I'd like to see Wolverine, Storm, and Beast return. With Beast there's an opportunity to explain that he will undergo a subsequent mutation or mutations that make him appear the way he does in X3.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #54
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I agree.Him and Ellen Page were only good addations to the Last Stand.Of course some others may have worked better with Vaughn Directing.And Grammer was actully hired by Vaughn.
Yeah Beast was the best addition to X3 and he didn't really have flaws compare to the other characters who were in X3. I didn't like Ellen Page as Shadowcat, I thought she was annoying in the movie.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 AM   #55
Banshee
Side-Kick

If they do use characters from the previous franchise, why does it have to involve time travel? In fact, I can tell you right now it probably wont. Expect some mystery-adventure style plot following clues from destiny's diaries, while scenes of the future and the past are intercut. While the x-men in the past are figuring stuff out, the consequences lead to events unfolding in the future. It keeps the spirit of the comic, while also doing away with the time travel aspect, which wont carry over well to film if you ask me. Also, see Senator Kelly replaced with the Kennedy assassination, ala the Cuban Missile Crisis.

At least that's what I think.

My life is most likely better than yours.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #56
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
If they do use characters from the previous franchise, why does it have to involve time travel? In fact, I can tell you right now it probably wont. Expect some mystery-adventure style plot following clues from destiny's diaries, while scenes of the future and the past are intercut. While the x-men in the past are figuring stuff out, the consequences lead to events unfolding in the future. It keeps the spirit of the comic, while also doing away with the time travel aspect, which wont carry over well to film if you ask me. Also, see Senator Kelly replaced with the Kennedy assassination, ala the Cuban Missile Crisis.

That's actually a damn cool idea!

Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #57
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Hopefully they bring back ellen page as kitty. Wasnt she central to this story? And shes much more famous now

Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

It's a possibility that has crossed my mind too. Having the future be the precognitive visions of someone (Destiny, Bishop) is one way round it, except how do they know those predictions are real and not just some lunatic's insane ramblings?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #59
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

If they do tackle time travel in this then please please please give us Scott Summers back.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #60
TheWatcher
Dapper

^THIS.

James Marsden,Hugh Jackman, and Ellen Page are a must.

-Christian Bale
Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #61
JP
Smelly

Quote:

Not only would I much prefer this, but time travel isn't even featured (heavily) in the original comic. It wasn't until the 90's cartoon where they introduced a mutant traveling back in time.

As for Ellen, I would love her return, but I don't think it's necessary or even services this story. Plus Ellen hated her experience on X3, so unless she's woo'd by Vaughn and Singer (and a great script) I don't see her wanting to come back.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #62
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:

I completely agree and have been thinking this would be the format as well, bypassing time travel for something a little easier to swallow.

I mentioned this in another thread, but they could easily use it as a way to introduce young Jean Grey to the movie. Have her be the conduit to which the vision comes through, maybe as an side effect of her powers awakening/activating.

Time travel just opens up too many unnecessary doors and questions that may be too big to answer in just one simple movie.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #63
aeioulul
Eccentric Billionaire

Jackman (obviously) and Famke Janssen.

"Peace has cost you strength. Victory has defeated you."

"Lie still. I've never done this before, and there will be blood."
Old 08-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #64
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Time Travel of some kind Is a must.I really don't see them cutting back and forth between Time Peroids.If they don't have an opeing prologue sequenze set In future they will have an extended flashback/Flashforward sequenze.

I always thought back after Lauren SHueller Donner mentioned X4/X5 that If they did Days of future Past there was more chance of having Rogue fill Kitty's role In storyline.
In a lot of ways Rogue In earlier films filled the void of Kitty.Plus Anna Paqun Is far more willing to return to series than Ellen Page.Her baby Is due In November and then It woud be question could they make her schedule with True Blood work.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #65
The Guard
Side-Kick

I could see Jubilee taking on Kitty's role as well.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #66
Figs
Banned User

I hope none of the old cast members come back. Berry sucked, we've gotten more than enough of Jackman as Wolverine and I don't want to see McKellen as Magneto now that Fassbender blew him out of the water. They need to focus on the current First Class characters.

I don't get this ridiculous wanting of an X-men 4.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #67
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Your going to be disappointed.There will almost certinly be original film actors.Both
Simon Kinberg and Bryan Singer has hinted at It.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #68
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I hope none of the old cast members come back. Berry sucked, we've gotten more than enough of Jackman as Wolverine and I don't want to see McKellen as Magneto now that Fassbender blew him out of the water. They need to focus on the current First Class characters.

If he shows up like this, I'm all for it.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #69
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
If he shows up like this, I'm all for it.
I like jackman as an actor and as wolverine but I think they should focus on the new cast.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #70
Nathan

I want Cudmore back as Colossus. And give him something to do damn it!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #71
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I dream of the day we get an X-Men team with:
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Storm
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Shadowcat

This is the team I started reading X-Men with.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #72
JP
Smelly

Quote:

Hardly.

But how do you do DoFP without characters from... um.. the future?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #73
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Hardly.

I like McKellen's Magneto but it was a bit hammy at times. I think Fassbender did a fantastic job.

But how do you do DoFP without characters from... um.. the future?
Well lets see how much they delve into the future in this next movie. They might not even go that far, they could just use the sentinels for all we know. I just want to see some of the First Class cast get more screentime and development.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #74
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They are going to use original film actors.Plus Imagen the shock of seeing them killed by Sentinles onscreen.Imagne after being free of collor Magneto sacirfices himself using powers against army of sentinles while others ecape.And assuming Wolverine Isn't the time traveler seeing him In action against Sentinles ending with him being vaporized.

On another board a poster suggested wolverine,Kitty,and CGI Iceman In Iceform and CGI Collossus In full metal form(Like In X2 and not cheap one from Last Stand) as returing characters.And suggested Kitty going back In time with Bishop.Of course who knows If they could get Ellen Page Back.And the have to have Patrick Stewart and Ian
Mckellan In film.They need to have a couple of characters In both time frames.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #75
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Well lets see how much they delve into the future in this next movie. They might not even go that far, they could just use the sentinels for all we know. I just want to see some of the First Class cast get more screentime and development.
Eh, he was only hammy at times in X3 "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?". But since I choose not to acknowledge that film, his performance remains legendary.

Closed Thread