The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Actors from Original trilogy returning for a possible Days of Future past?
Ellen Page as Shadowcat 67 41.36%
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 105 64.81%
Halle Berry as Storm 56 34.57%
Anna Paquin as Rogue 55 33.95%
James Marsden as Cyclops 82 50.62%
Ben Foster as Angel 28 17.28%
Kelsey Grammer as Beast 46 28.40%
Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 49 30.25%
Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 48 29.63%
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 64 39.51%
Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 39 24.07%
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 44 27.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #76
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

I'd love for Marsden to return, and for Cyke to get some good solid screentime. More than anyone else he's who I'd like back.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #77
Cherry
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I'd love for Marsden to return, and for Cyke to get some good solid screentime. More than anyone else he's who I'd like back.
Seconded. In my ultimate fantasy, somehow Jean Grey's good side was able to send Scott back in time during his mysterious "death scene" in X3. Maybe the power of the Phoenix allowed her to see a bleak future and she wanted to save him from that before the darkness completely overtook her.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #78
JP
Smelly

Again, I don't think of that matters of is necessary. An ALTERNATE future was created, meaning anything that happened in X1-X3 does not matter.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #79
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

What happened In the Last Stand Is moot.Neith Matthew Vaughn nor Bryan Singer with First Class showed much Intrest to lineup anything with that film.

Days of future Past Involves a possable future where they try to prevent It from coming to be.It's unknown what exactly would be connection between future and other X-Men
films.But,I gurantee you they aren't going to be spending any time trying to recon what happened In Last Stand.If they want to use Cyclops in future scenes they will just him.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #80
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

They really do have carte blanche to change or ignore whatever they like. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities actually, I just wish I were in charge.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #81
HBKfan28
Side-Kick

I think we will see Wolverine and Storm, possible Iceman. Ashmore said he is contracted to a 4th film. Halle Berry has said she would do another one. That doesn't mean it will be this one, but I think they would include those characters.

I think Ellen Page would do it, they shouldn't re-cast if they don't have to.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #82
TheWatcher
Dapper

Cyclops is a must.

-Christian Bale
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #83
Angamb
Banned User

Id like to see James Marsden too. To see a badass Cyclops like never before.

At the same time, I wouldnt mind to wait some years for the introduction of young Scott on this new series. It will be a great day, definetly, specially seeing him with his brother and Beast too, as a nod to the original five. The same with Jean. But young Cyclops is like a must, hopefully on the third part.

One thing is for sure, I dont want Wolverine in another x-men movie, I really hate the idea that he has appeared in ALL the movies of this franchise, ALL. even in the movie that was supposed to be about the origin of Xavier, Eric and the first x-men. But Fox managed to included Hugh even if almost everyone loved the cameo.

That's why I dont like DOFP right now, because I was really hyped to see a First class sequel with no Wolverine for the very first time.

at least I hope Matthew doesnt use him for more than 5-10 minutes. And if he uses him for more time, I really hope the other x-men from the future have the same screentime.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #84
AvengeME
Banned User

Bring back Jackman and Halle if they want that star power again. They will overshadow everyone again, but it is going to bring in the masses with those two stars coming back. You don't have to use them in the same scenes. Storm stays in the future with Collosus/Angel, Jackman and Page go back.

It's pretty unlikely they are bringing everybody from the OT back. But Wolverine is a must for this type of story. I don't want Wolverine 3, and Jackman's last movie needs to be big.

I would go 1960's. JFK assasination. Soviet Weapons X equivalent with Omega Red. And a top secret collaboration between the Soviets and Americans on a joint Sentinel project. Jackman and Page go back with maybe a time traveling mutant like Cable.

Future, go with an older Bolivar Trask or Graydon Creed as a top power broker who funds the primary Sentinel project. Mutant rebellion would be led by Storm and an older Gambit. Most other X-Men are dead.

Movie ends with the X-Men stopping the Sentinel project in the future. Leave off similar to X-3, with mutants and humans working toward a peaceful world. Magneto sees the error of his ways and tries to set aside his differences with humanity as we progress to the present day. Do it all over two films and not one.

Next up, Age of Apocalypse trilogy.

Last edited by AvengeME; 08-02-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #85
Angamb
Banned User

good ideas, avengeME.

They really have plenty of elements to use on this new series, both from the comics and our history, the 60's and all of that.

They'll deliver, that's for sure

Old 08-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jubilee. Yes Jubilee, sub her for Pryde which I never really got into. Let Jubilee have her day already.

And introduce Bishop.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #87
Angamb
Banned User

When you have Kitty already on X3 and played by a good actress like Ellen Page....

I really doubt Fox would go with Jubilee instead of her

Wolverine, Kitty, Storm and Collosus would be a great representation of the original trilogy, specially after the event of X3.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #88
NinjaCarm
Fantastic

In all honesty, I don't want anyone back lol

Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #89
def28
Side-Kick

I wonder how many X characters they will have slain or if they will even go that route and have them just being held in camps.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #90
Angamb
Banned User

this sequel can easily beat X3 with the number of main characters, if they decide to use more than 3 big name actors from OT.

we can only speculate until casting announcements, so lets just hope for the best

Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #91
def28
Side-Kick

I dont see how Vaughns "only one new character" is gonna work. This films gonna have quite a few new characters and mutants running around. Maybe not as main characters, but alot of mutants are gonna be needed. I would suspect they want to show other mutants in camps/being hunted besides the X Men.

I hope Rogue either gets an update or stays away from this flick. Would like to actually see her kick some ass one day, same with Iceman. Didnt like their previous film versions too much.

Since Beast is in the flick regardless. Id be cool with him being one of the dead X Men in the future.

Last edited by def28; 08-02-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #92
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I think that Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are the only actors from the original trilogy I'd like to see again in some kind of appearance. Definitely not Halle Berry, who was totally cringeworthy in X1 and just bland in X2. And not James Marsden either - I know that Cyclops suffered from the lack of real interest in his character, but I'll always have beef with his lame acting at the end of X2 when Jean sacrifices herself, which tarnishes an otherwise great, emotional scene.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #93
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I dont see how Vaughns "only one new character" is gonna work. This films gonna have quite a few new characters and mutants running around. Maybe not as main characters, but alot of mutants are gonna be needed. I would suspect they want to show other mutants in camps/being hunted besides the X Men.

I hope Rogue either gets an update or stays away from this flick. Would like to actually see her kick some ass one day, same with Iceman. Didnt like their previous film versions too much.

Since Beast is in the flick regardless. Id be cool with him being one of the dead X Men in the future.
Cramming loads of characters into this production could create a hot mess. We know from the experience of X3, XMO: Wolverine (and even First Class) that there are characters who could/should have been cut.

I enjoy seeing cameos and acknowledgements of the comics' extensive mythos, but the wider fanbase seems to get frustrated by it.

So they have to tread carefully here. Especially if this is just one two-hour movie, not a two-parter.

If they are going to add in well-known characters, those characters need at least one good 'moment' and ideally some decent screentime and development. A background glimpse will just cause frustration.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #94
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I think that Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart are the only actors from the original trilogy I'd like to see again in some kind of appearance. Definitely not Halle Berry, who was totally cringeworthy in X1 and just bland in X2. And not James Marsden either - I know that Cyclops suffered from the lack of real interest in his character, but I'll always have beef with his lame acting at the end of X2 when Jean sacrifices herself, which tarnishes an otherwise great, emotional scene.
They may bring Halle back for 'star power' and she may do better under another director and writer. We haven't yet had a proper Storm.

Marsden's grief scene at the end of X2 was a bit hammy, yes. And so was Wolverine's grief scene over Xavier's death in X3, with him sobbing next to the empty wheelchair being totally out of character.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #95
Angamb
Banned User

would you all like them to try a more faithful adaptation of the storyline?

I mean in terms of the characters of the future: Wolverine, Kitty, Storm, Magneto, Collosus...

I think it would be cool if Fox for once try to stay as faithful as possible, tho that would mean no other x-men from original trilogy, like Rogue, Beast, Iceman, Kurt, Angel or Gambit.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #96
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I can see them using Wolverine, Storm, possibly Kitty, but we may end up with Rogue instead.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #97
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Cramming loads of characters into this production could create a hot mess. We know from the experience of X3, XMO: Wolverine (and even First Class) that there are characters who could/should have been cut.

I enjoy seeing cameos and acknowledgements of the comics' extensive mythos, but the wider fanbase seems to get frustrated by it.

So they have to tread carefully here. Especially if this is just one two-hour movie, not a two-parter.

If they are going to add in well-known characters, those characters need at least one good 'moment' and ideally some decent screentime and development. A background glimpse will just cause frustration.
For the most part FC did an incredible job at balancing quite a few characters. Some of the X Men got underdeveloped but it was still better balanced then the other films imo. Everythings how its written, XMOW's plot was litteraly Wolverine meeting a new mutant then moving to the next. Im not really saying new characters in DOFP will be main characters but since the story line deals with the incarceration of Mutants, I doubt the world would go to such an extant with only 10 known mutants around. I expect to see quite a few in camps, or being killed in combat. That kinda needs to happen to serve the story. Since we already have a majority of X1,2 and 3 characters set up their introductions will not come as shock. Mutant camps are a huge part of the plot so I think we will get at least 2 new characters focused on a bit, while others are there to show the brutality and scope of what has happened.

To say there will only be one new character I find a bit hard to believe. Maybe one main new character, but because of the scope of the story and SInger saying they are going to expand the X Men universe, Im guessing we will see a few new faces and probably quite a few mutants as background or minor roles. I dont think this will be a one shot stand alone by how Singer was describing it.

Last edited by def28; 08-03-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #98
Angamb
Banned User

agree with your points. We definetly need to see HOW is that world of the future, so no way they will only show 3 or 4 x-men, as the only mutants on that future.

Id like to see a well known mutant from the comics with the choosen x-men from OT. Id be fine with either Bishop or Cable. Domino would be cool too, or someone known like her (from tv shows or so)

Old 08-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #99
Donut
Side-Kick

I would think that if movie Wolverine met a Time Traveler. He would want to go back & save Scott & Jean first ? They are going to change things anyway. Might as well change that. It would be cool seeing those three team up & go back in time. It would also stop X3 from ever happening. By saving those two

Old 08-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #100
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
agree with your points. We definetly need to see HOW is that world of the future, so no way they will only show 3 or 4 x-men, as the only mutants on that future.

Id like to see a well known mutant from the comics with the choosen x-men from OT. Id be fine with either Bishop or Cable. Domino would be cool too, or someone known like her (from tv shows or so)
Yeah It would be cool to see those characters, Domino would be awesome. Could be a good time to show Wanda or Lorna as Magnetos Daughters as well. Should be pretty easy to explain the connection now since so much time would have passed.

Closed Thread