The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #76
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Countdown Thread

Jeez. People bash Singer for Superman Returns and such but what he did with the X-Men movies compared to Brett Ratner's work on 3, and the guy who did Origins...is really under appreciated. At least by me I guess. I'm starting to realize how great and instrumental Singer really was for the world of comic book movies. If only he had directed 3...oh well.
Also, The Usual Suspects is a great movie. Guy's a damn solid director. Haven't seen the newer stuff he's done though....:/

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

well he has only directed Valykre since Superman Returns.Jack the Giant killer will be out next year after some reshoots but all Indiction Is that film Is basiclly done.

As I keep saying the present state of comic book movies Is In long part thanks to him.Plus his style of being somewhat relatistic has been copyed by Nolan and Favraru.

I laugh when some say he ruined the X-Men.He Is reason the X-Men become Film franchise.And If people online think filmmaker will retire just because they didn't like one film they are crazy.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #78
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

I didn't know he was gay until recently. Not that it matters one iota of course. Just interesting. Never knew that.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #79
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

well he never really mentions he was gay.It's an open secret but he doesn't talk about It.It's a reason why he gets X-Men.

Someties directors are good for one comic property but not another.He was best for X-Men and not Superman.Just like Tim Burton was good for Batman but never should have attempted Superman.

Some make cracks about Superman In Superman returns being gay because Singer Is gay.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #80
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Jeez. People bash Singer for Superman Returns and such but what he did with the X-Men movies compared to Brett Ratner's work on 3, and the guy who did Origins...is really under appreciated. At least by me I guess. I'm starting to realize how great and instrumental Singer really was for the world of comic book movies. If only he had directed 3...oh well.
Also, The Usual Suspects is a great movie. Guy's a damn solid director. Haven't seen the newer stuff he's done though....:/
Superman Returns has Singer's sense of style and craft, but it's a rather odd Superman film and not the Superman film that needed to be made. Valkyrie didn't quite hit the mark either.

He has a good sense for the X-Men, for sure. Not perfect (some characters fell by the wayside) but he managed to make most stuff believable and grounded in a very Nolan-eseque fashion. The story he came up with for First Class was incredibly smart. Hopefully we will get something equally smart for Days of Future Past.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #81
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer's Intentions was to revive Richard Donnor's Superman.It got decent reviews.He came Into It with good Intentions and Is Is better than Joel Schumacher with Batman or Brett ratner on X-men.

Valkyrie was a decent thriller.He wanted to take brief break from Big budget films.and he proved a film with Tom Cruise after his 2005 meltdown could do decent at box office.

His work payed the way for nolan on batman and Farvrau On Iron Man.Both their styles on those franchises were Infuenced by Singer's work on X-Men.

Singer has admitted he made a mistake on Superman.That he should have retold the origin with someone like Nicholas Holt as Superman and Instead of tying the contunity to The Donner Superman he should have payed homage to It In some ways.He also said he regretted not doing the third X-Men before he saw It,during watching It,and after seeing It.The closest he has come to outright critizing the Last Stand publicly.

He totally got first Class off In exciting directions.focusing On Xavier and Magneto.placing It In early 1960's,and using cuban missile crisis all came from him.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #82
Lord
All Mighty

The funny thing is that Bryan Singer wasn't interested in making any movie based on a comic book before and found Comics as unintelligent literature (ironic for somebody that later adapted 2 of the most popular comic book franchise to the cinema ), and he turned down the oportunity to direct X-Men three times, until he actually saw the 90s cartoon and read the comics, then the themes of prejudice resonated with him and he finally accepted. (His opinions of comic books probably changed too)

His ideas for X-Men 3 were actually very cool and respected more the original comics, Cracked even made an article about that, fortunatelly now we have Bryan Singer and Matthew Vaughn working on future X-Men films, and The Wolverine doesn't seem bad either, anyway

Day 18
The 2nd inspiration for X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #83
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

I have that! Love it!

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #84
Lord
All Mighty

Day 19
Time for the inspirations of X-Men: First Class but before we go to the obvious sources of the title (which are going to take a while) let's start with some more memorable comics that seem to have also inspired it.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #85
RomyFan
Side-Kick

Sorry for my ignorance, but is that the cover of the first X-Men comic ever?

RomyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #86
Angamb
Banned User

yes

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #87
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yes.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #88
Lord
All Mighty

Day 19
A comic that dealt with the characters recruitment

Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #89
Angamb
Banned User

didnt know that comic, is it good?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #90
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yep.It Is recon of how the X-Men were recruited by Xavier.Published from 1999 to
2000 leading up to release of X-Men.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #91
Angamb
Banned User

but which x-men? the original five? or new mutants?

Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #92
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The original 5.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #93
Angamb
Banned User

oh, interesting

I should check it out soon, Im still with the comics from the 60's

Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #94
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah, you're probably going to take a while
I didn't particularly like that comic because it put 4 of the original 5 in the same school.
By the way Angband, may i ask you in which issue you are?

Day 20
Let's take a while now, as i will post each issue of X-Men: First Class each day

Old 08-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #95
Lord
All Mighty

Day 20

Old 08-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #96
Lord
All Mighty

Day 21

Old 08-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #97
Lord
All Mighty

Day 22

Old 08-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #98
Angamb
Banned User

the day we see that couple on a first class sequel will be a great day

Old 08-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #99
Lord
All Mighty

As long as it's well done and not forced, those 2 weren't the best characters in the original movies, even Jean was kind of bland.
Day 23

Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #100
Angamb
Banned User

but Matthew can do a whole different work with them, specially if they get a introduction scene, and then their first meeting with Charles, the current x-men, and taking part of the big final battle.

We havent seen all of that on any movie, so they can really be the spotlight of a future sequel