The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 5

No besides namor all mutant characters are largely locked up at Fox.Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can be used as long as they aren't identifyed as both Mutants and as
Magneto's children.There was rumors of Cable and dazzler films at Marvel but Kevin feige debunked that.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #27
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
It'd also limit the odds of good X-Men movies. What would be the point? Both studios are in the business of making money. Why would they come to a deal so that neither of them can make money?

Personally I think Fox should work out some deal to get everything they're still missing from the X-Universe lock, stock, and barrel and just focus on that and forget FF and Daredevil. They should be thinking more X-Men prequels, X-Men 4 & 5, X-Factor, X-Force, and maybe even concurrent modern day X-Men movies (which they could title Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, with Cyclops leading one team and Storm leading another). The X-Universe is plenty big enough to sustain an entire universe, so focus on that, and to hell with the FF and Daredevil.

As for Scarlet Witch, she should be in the X-Universe. All she's ever done as an Avenger was marry a walking vibrator and play the catalyst in the crappy Avengers Disassembled, which'll never be seen on screen anyway. I'd prefer to see that family relation playing out. Not to mention that, while Quicksilver also has a long association with the Avengers, he's also had a long association with the Mutant universe, too, including membership in X-Factor and his actions after M-Day. Their being mutants is an important element of their characters, and it'd suck to see that eliminated by having them in the MCU. Ship them and Cable off to Fox and trade them for the rest of the FF rights.
I agree 100%! I've thought this for years that with the X-Men alone, Fox has its own MCU, so they should put all of their time, money, and resources into making X-Men movies. FF and DD wouldn't fit well into that kind of set-up, so they're better off letting them go.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #28
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Yeah, that's what I thought, so much so that I thought the guy at Marvel who said it must've misspoke or something, but nope. Marvel has Cable. Now WHY Marvel has Cable... I don't have a freaking clue. All I know is there's no good reason whatsoever why they'd want Cable. Without Apocalypse, without mutants, the X-Men, Cyclops and Phoenix, etc, there's pretty much nothing left to him. You'd have to completely recreate the character, and if they're going to do that then they may as well create an all-new character. The better option would be trading him to Fox for something (like some more FF rights), and that way Cable can actually appear in a movie as a functioning character. Hell, cast Stephen Lang as Cable and have him travel back in time to wipe X-Men 3 out of continuity. Now that's a movie I'd like to see.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well If Marvel has Cable then people can forget about Cable as Time Traveler In Days of Future Past.Not that I thought Cable would be used anyway.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #30
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Personally I think Fox should work out some deal to get everything they're still missing from the X-Universe lock, stock, and barrel and just focus on that and forget FF and Daredevil. They should be thinking more X-Men prequels, X-Men 4 & 5, X-Factor, X-Force, and maybe even concurrent modern day X-Men movies (which they could title Astonishing X-Men and Uncanny X-Men, with Cyclops leading one team and Storm leading another). The X-Universe is plenty big enough to sustain an entire universe, so focus on that, and to hell with the FF and Daredevil.
I like the way you think.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #31
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Haha does Marvel really have the Cable rights? That's so random and weird

Marvel should offer Cable for Silver Surfer, straight-up trade
That would be pretty bad trade, Cable represents the worse excesses on comic books in the 90s and his character is far too convoluted to work in a movie.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #32
Chewy
REDACTED

Eh, Cable can be fun. And the Deadpool movie could certainly use him.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

It sucks having no Cable.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #34
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Fox get Cable, they can use him in Days of Future Past.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Fox should get DirecTV instead...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #36
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Even SW can stay at Fox. It kinda sucks but if she can't be Magneto's daughter in the MCU then she's better off not being part of it.

Keep X-Men in its corner, and keep Spidey in his corner. The cosmic stuff and maybe eventually the F4 themselves are the important/relevant stuff
I have no problem with SW not being related to Magneto, since she was not for her first 10 to 15 years in the Marvel U. I always thought it was lame that she and QS were reconed to be his kids anyhow...

Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Well I sincerely hope that if this deal goes off without a hitch, that Dr. Doom is included in the deal too...I mean how can Marvel not want to have THE definitive villain in their new universe...I mean Doom has made enemies of everyone, and even though he really needs to feed off of Richards, the Doom we want to see, could easily deal with Stark (see some classic Iron Man comics for battles), the whole Avengers team, etc. Doom is a MUST for the MCU!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #38
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

As long as Fox keeps FF rights It will keep Doom.He Is FF's greatest villain.This deal almost gurantees he will be villain of Fantastic Four Reborn.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #39
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinScrier View Post
Well I sincerely hope that if this deal goes off without a hitch, that Dr. Doom is included in the deal too...I mean how can Marvel not want to have THE definitive villain in their new universe...I mean Doom has made enemies of everyone, and even though he really needs to feed off of Richards, the Doom we want to see, could easily deal with Stark (see some classic Iron Man comics for battles), the whole Avengers team, etc. Doom is a MUST for the MCU!!!

Doom seems to be the only FF villain Fox is aware of, so if they let him go to Marvel, then they might as well let the entire property go to Marvel ~ which is what we all want, anyway.

Fox can keep the X-Men and I guess they see DD as their version of Spider-Man [just like Martin Goodman did when he told Stan to create him] - so I am willing to not see these in the MCU for the present.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #40
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As long as Fox keeps FF rights It will keep Doom.He Is FF's greatest villain.This deal almost gurantees he will be villain of Fantastic Four Reborn.
What?

- CM Punk
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #41
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

What concerns me is I think Marvel is only asking to use Galactus and Silver Surfer while Fox would still basically keep everything. Which I hate.

- CM Punk
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #42
Chewy
REDACTED

They had better be asking for Annihilus, too

(Assuming Fox has Annihilus)

Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #43
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I bet Marvel wants to clear the rights to Skrulls.

Why are people surprised marvel Is only looking Into securing rights to FF cosmic characters?Marvel studios should be called Avengers Studios.

What scares me about MS FF Is nick fury and shield would almost certinly get Involved. We don't need another super heor team brought together by SHield instead of on their own.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #44
Jordacar
The Endless One

I could see SHIELD showing up in the film without forming the team. But that would only matter if the rights were back at Marvel, which is another story.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #45
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

It would be stupid on Fox's part. Daredevil really shouldn't be as hard to get off the ground as Fox is making it.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #46
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I bet Marvel wants to clear the rights to Skrulls.
They already have the rights to the Skrulls.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #47
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well mostly they do.They don't have rights to super Skrull.I bet they want to make sure they can secure all rights associated with skrulls.If Avengers 2 Is about Thanos or Galactus Avengers 3 can be secret Invasion story.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #48
JP
Smelly

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/fox-...medium=twitter

Deadline spilling the true tea about this situation. As I suspected, FF is a much higher priority for Fox then Daredevil.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #49
Chewy
REDACTED

Well that kinda blows

Oh well

Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #50
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

So much for that.

Closed Thread