The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,003
Default Current Thor in Comics

Can someone tell me what's going in with Thor currently?

I am on a budget, and can't afford comics right now, and I can't seem to find anything online that will be up to date.

Last I heard was when Hulk knocked out Thor with his hammer,

and how Thor has been getting Jobbered in Avengers vs Xmen.

Last I heard was the emma frost fight.

Anything else happen with him recently?
Thanks

jaqua99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Hulk didn't knock him out with his hammer, that was the Red Hulk.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,003
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

In one of the avengers comics? When Thanos told Hulk to destroy them?

Also, are you as disgusted with Marvel as I am right now? For the Avengers x men arc? Every single one Thor gets trashed. And based on the previews for this one, it looks like Thor gets killed.

Again.

I for one am sick and tired of seeing this, someone at Marvel really hates Thor. I am really torn between 2 things right now,

1. Writing a letter of complaint to Marvel. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Just stop reading comics involving Thor because I can hardly read this anymore.

Looks like Marvel is about to kill Thor..again. He just came back in like March.

**** marvel for what they are doing to Thor. I'm utterly disgusted.

If they kill him off in this arc, I am officially done reading marvel comics, until I hear word that the recent jobber has ended, my marvel fix will be the movies.

Disgusted


Last edited by jaqua99; 07-26-2012 at 09:16 PM.
jaqua99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Lady Marion
Anyone else?
 
Lady Marion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere in Germany
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Yes, that sucks. We are a little late over here, I picked up The Mighty Thor - The Galactus Seed and what happend at the end? Surprise, surprise, Thor died. Next issue introduces Tanarus. Who needs this???

And when I read this outlook I decide to collect some ancient issues at ebay.

Disgusted, too.

__________________
Weltmeister!!!
Germany wins
the Soccer World Championship 2014

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

I'm actually reading old Thor issues on a DVD Rom. I've decided as long as Marvel mistreats this character they will not have my money.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,003
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Yup. That is exactly what I am doing.

jaqua99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
In one of the avengers comics? When Thanos told Hulk to destroy them?

Also, are you as disgusted with Marvel as I am right now? For the Avengers x men arc? Every single one Thor gets trashed. And based on the previews for this one, it looks like Thor gets killed.

Again.

I for one am sick and tired of seeing this, someone at Marvel really hates Thor. I am really torn between 2 things right now,

1. Writing a letter of complaint to Marvel. Because this is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Just stop reading comics involving Thor because I can hardly read this anymore.

Looks like Marvel is about to kill Thor..again. He just came back in like March.

**** marvel for what they are doing to Thor. I'm utterly disgusted.

If they kill him off in this arc, I am officially done reading marvel comics, until I hear word that the recent jobber has ended, my marvel fix will be the movies.

Disgusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor The Mighty View Post
I'm actually reading old Thor issues on a DVD Rom. I've decided as long as Marvel mistreats this character they will not have my money.
Hell yeah guys I agree

I guess all that talk Marvel was doing about how powerful Thor is in "A vs X-Men" was a bunch of ********.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,003
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

seriously, and now in avengers vs xmen 9, thor is in some prison now or something? seriously

jaqua99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 482
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Marvel is straight up giving Thor the shaft, he just gets p@wned over and over again. Im glad i stopped wasting money on marvel comics. Too bad i cant find my old Thor comics ... Here is a being who took down a friggin army of sky father level celestials and he gets beat up by hulks? Its just dumb at this point

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Marvel is straight up giving Thor the shaft, he just gets p@wned over and over again. Im glad i stopped wasting money on marvel comics. Too bad i cant find my old Thor comics ... Here is a being who took down a friggin army of sky father level celestials and he gets beat up by hulks? Its just dumb at this point

I agree totally. They have reduced Thor's hammer into a simple blunt object in fights these days. Marvel depowered Thor but they overpower the Hulk so much it's ridiculous. I'm a casual Hulk fan but this crap is nuts. Thor could fight whole armies of asgardians and trolls on his own but he can't stand up to the Hulk? Utter bs imo.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor The Mighty View Post
I agree totally. They have reduced Thor's hammer into a simple blunt object in fights these days. Marvel depowered Thor but they overpower the Hulk so much it's ridiculous. I'm a casual Hulk fan but this crap is nuts. Thor could fight whole armies of asgardians and trolls on his own but he can't stand up to the Hulk? Utter bs imo.
I'm almost to the point where I want to say....**** Marvel!

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 08-09-2012 at 01:35 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,828
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Why are you guys reading Matt Fraction's Thor anyway? Savvy readers know that Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery is where it's at for all the juiciest Midgard action.

I will say that I'm highly looking forward to the Thor: God of Thunder relaunch later this year. Jason Aaron (my favourite Marvel writer) paired with Esad Ribic (my favourite Marvel artist) working on my favourite corner of the Marvel Universe? SOLD!

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

I was just thinking..When Thor came back from the dead a few years ago he still had the Odin Force but for some reason the writers would not let him use it much (he did recreate Asgard) or even keep it. At first I thought it was due to the writers saying that his inexperience in using that much power causes him to hold back but now I think its because they didn't want him overshadowing other characters. I remember reading someone saying the fights would be too one sided and it would be boring? So the opposite is great right?!! Having a Phoenix Force powered Emma Frost beat him is okay I guess? It's okay to have a World Breaker Hulk but not a Thor with a least a sizeable portion of the Odin Force? Sighs.. My rant is over for now. (shakes head in disgust)

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,003
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

agreed. What is going on today?

jaqua99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #15
Apexpredator1
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 28
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

The only recent writer that got Thor right, in my opinion, was JMS.

But he's gone.

Honestly, I took Thor off my pull list some time ago.

I'm not sure what to think about this month's release of what appears to be a re-booted Thor. Time will tell. If it is crap like what they have been putting out lately, Thor will remain off my pull list.

Apexpredator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,078
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Why are you guys reading Matt Fraction's Thor anyway? Savvy readers know that Kieron Gillen's Journey into Mystery is where it's at for all the juiciest Midgard action.

I will say that I'm highly looking forward to the Thor: God of Thunder relaunch later this year. Jason Aaron (my favourite Marvel writer) paired with Esad Ribic (my favourite Marvel artist) working on my favourite corner of the Marvel Universe? SOLD!
I've been reading both runs. lol just not as excited as I was when the new Walt covers hit. STILL hoping and praying we get some Walt again

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

I like some of it but now it seems like little Loki is back to his troublemaking ways and double-crossing on Thor?

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #18
mwmillett
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 40
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor The Mighty View Post
I was just thinking..When Thor came back from the dead a few years ago he still had the Odin Force but for some reason the writers would not let him use it much (he did recreate Asgard) or even keep it. At first I thought it was due to the writers saying that his inexperience in using that much power causes him to hold back but now I think its because they didn't want him overshadowing other characters. I remember reading someone saying the fights would be too one sided and it would be boring? So the opposite is great right?!! Having a Phoenix Force powered Emma Frost beat him is okay I guess? It's okay to have a World Breaker Hulk but not a Thor with a least a sizeable portion of the Odin Force? Sighs.. My rant is over for now. (shakes head in disgust)
When Thor moved Asgard over New York the world teamed up to beat him, but King thor killed them all, including Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, Captain America just to name a few. The world breaker thor has been done, its a great read, however the timeline was set back in thor 79 right before the Avengers dissasembled arc.

mwmillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #19
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 879
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

I think its funny that someone who says they haven't been reading Thor books wants to write in to complain about Thor books.

Anyway, I have just read the first 4 issues if Marvel Now! Thor: God of Thunder, by Aaron and Ribic. If you disliked anything before, for whatever reason, now is the time to jump back on board!! I'm a little late to the game myself, the series must be on issue 20 by now. But for someone who admittedly not read very much Thor, (Heroes Return by Jurgens and Romita Jr., and JMS and Coipel), this series has me hooked for the long haul!

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #20
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 482
Default Re: Current Thor in Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
I think its funny that someone who says they haven't been reading Thor books wants to write in to complain about Thor books.

Anyway, I have just read the first 4 issues if Marvel Now! Thor: God of Thunder, by Aaron and Ribic. If you disliked anything before, for whatever reason, now is the time to jump back on board!! I'm a little late to the game myself, the series must be on issue 20 by now. But for someone who admittedly not read very much Thor, (Heroes Return by Jurgens and Romita Jr., and JMS and Coipel), this series has me hooked for the long haul!
to be fair most of this thread was put together before Aaron ever started writing Thor.
As of recently, yes Thor has been getting his do. Aaron's run has been excellent, Hickman and Remender have both given Thor his respects in their Avengers. The Galactus fight has been a total Nerdgasm, can't wait for part 3 next week!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosAVatar Of Death
Apocalypse scares me...he is why i dont visit earth that much

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.