The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #26
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Predictions for the next Batman movie

So, basically the 1989 film except Batman doesn't kill?

I honestly wonder what they can do to make it that much different from Nolan or Burton unless they try to Marvel-ize it. And that, I do not want to see happen.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #27
Frodo
Side-Kick

In terms of what I'd like to see, it would be the rumored Batman 3 that Nolan originally planned before Ledger's death except it could be fashioned as a reboot. The rumor has it that the sequel to TDK would have had Batman face a new threat that would require the help of the Joker as sort of a Hannibal Lecter type .

Nolan denies that any sort of story was on the table, but I think that type of story could be a start for a reboot with an already established Batman and Joker who've already battled a few times. At the same time Batman needs the help of his help in order to try to profile this new threat , maybe somelike Riddler who the Joker could understand and profile given their similarities.

Thrown in Hugo Strange who works for the GCPD ,and Detective Silver St Cloud, and I think you already have an established universe which hits the ground running without going through the origin , Bruce's training, learning how to be Batman etc. I'd still want an actor who's like 26-29 and not some middle aged Batman because we just did that with TDKR . However they can establish Batman in his prime, as an urban legend who's been around a few years and who works with Commisoner Gordon secretly.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #28
Rick667

I'd like to see them pick a villain that hasn't been done before.

Black Mask
Hugo Strange
Red Hood

If they have to pick a known villain, I think Freeze, Riddler, Two Face could be a good foe.

I'd also like to see Tim Burton direct another Batman.

Rick667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
The Eradicator
Side-Kick

How's this for a crazy idea?

Why don't they just do a reboot picking up where the Burtonverse left off? Obviously Michael Keaton and all the other actors can't be used, but I would like to see them taking Burton's initial idea for Batman 3 and using that as the basis for a reboot.

In the end, whatever they do, I think the next series of films should be more in the line of BTAS and the Arkham games than anything else and should include an established continuity that more or less matches the comic book universe.

The Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #30
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

sleaker looking Batmobile. something that sort of looks like the one used in later seasons of the BTAS.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #31
molp
Side-Kick

I would love for a sort of adaptation of the Arkham games but I am certain it ain't gonna happen but what ever happens we do not need an origin story

molp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #32
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
As far as predictions go here are a few

*The next film will probably be more action/ adventure oriented than brooding and dramatic.
* They'll probably go with a 20 something , younger, unknown or rising thesp as Batman much like they cast Andrew Garfield as Spiderman.
* The film will definately be in 3D, assuming its still the rage by the time the development of the film gets going
* This Batman world will be a world in which superbeings exist , which sets the stage for JLA
* They'll want the film to appeal to a wider teen and family audience as opposed to the Nolan films which were geared more towards adults
* I actually think they bring out the big guns like Joker, Riddler, Penguin, Mr Freeze etc for the next film. I think the Nolan route of minor baddies as introduction probably won't happen for the first film.
* Cast will be made up of younger versions of characters such as Gordan, Alfred, and the love interest, in order to keep them around for potentially several sequels.
* Overall , I think the tone of the next film will be more along the lines of The Batman and ASM in terms of a younger, fresh , brooding hero .
* WB will get a young fresh director whom they can keep the reigns on until they've proven themselves
* They're not gonna do the origin again, at least for the first film.

* If all else fails , they'll go to with a truck load of cash Bale and try to woo him back for a justice league film , Nolan continuity be dammed.
I think you're right - I can see all of this happening. 'Youth' is the name of the game in Hollywood at the moment, the younger the stars, the more the studio wants to greenlight it. I think in many ways Batman: Earth One could be a template. I wouldn't mind all of this, except for too much metahuman stuff.

Amazing Spider-Man is a great foundation for a new franchise, so there could be worse things to use as inspiration.

On the other hand, I could also see a movie based on Arkham Asylum/City games happening as well, with an older Batman.

kewlmatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
VM1138
Side-Kick

I'd like them to take an Amazing Spiderman style angle to it. Have it be dark, but not brooding. Let's face it, there's no way new Batman movies can rival Nolan's accomplishments, but they should at least try to make them good popcorn flicks.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
American_Hobo
Side-Kick

I honestly think they made enough Batman movies now.
They should just make Batman Beyond after this, it should feel something fresh since it takes place on the future.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #35
Tojo
Side-Kick

Standard predictions;

Younger cast across the board, hence it being set in Batman's early years
Definitely a young actor playing Bruce
Spider-man did it, so can Batman. Established in Gotham though, so NO origin
Only using characters who are considered canon
More stylised take aesthetically(Gotham, vehicles, cave etc) with more Fantastical action sequences
More fantastical stories
More sci-fi s**t
Some light/dark humour
I don't think they'll be afraid to go with the Joker, but expect a more ensemble array of villains, including Croc and Riddler
Still attempting to be 'dark', 'gritty' and 'edgy', or whatever ridiculous words you want to use, in order to relate to emo's.
More condensed. What I mean is that Nolan's films had a global feel to it, whereas this may be confined to the notion of an isolated city
More gadgets!
More emo s**t with Bruce

Less standard prediciton;

Creating a directly indirect sequel to TDK, retconning TDKR and showing the aftermath of TDK as a sort of 'elseworlds' tale. Not neccesarily set in the same universe, but using the same key plot components, and this would mean Joker.

This is all general and half in jest, but what I would ultimatley like to see is NOT another movie, but well-budgeted TV series that follows a distinct through-line in each series. Maybe 5-8 1 hr shows across the year. I would be undecided as to whether this starts with an established and older Bruce, or from his first year as Batman. Or perhaps after his first year. Either way i'd want to see Robin come into it in the second or third season.

Tojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #36
Super78
Side-Kick

I also want the next series to go back to the more traditional bat logo.

Super78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #37
Batman, Inc.
Side-Kick

Okay, so these are my predictions of what I think is actually likely to happen(not neccesarily what I want)...

-There will definitely be a new Batsuit. After 7 films of rubber suits and two franchises, it is just absolutely inconceivable to me that the next director would choose to rehash the rubber suit again.
-There will be no origin, or at the least, no origin story. It might be referenced with a flashback or something but its not gonna be part of the actual story of the film.
-I would guess they are going to pull back from Nolan's 'realistic' and mature take at least to some extent. I don't know HOW much they will lighten up the tone or HOW fantastical they'll make it but I'm almost certain it will go in that direction to at least some extent.
-Batman will exist in a universe where other heroes exist.
-The Bat family will be present in some form at least.
-They will avoid using The Joker again at least for the first couple of films.
-It is VERY likely that the villain in the first film is going to be The Riddler. WB wanted him badly for the third Nolan flick but didn't get him. Hes a big name baddy who WASN'T done in the most recent franchise and I think they'll be wanting to pull out the big guns for the first installment rather than going the Nolan route of using lesser known baddies for the introductory film.
-There will be a real Batmobile with the Bat motif and a pimped out Batcave. You can bet on it.

Batman, Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #38
codyy

I would like to see an official Knightfall story play out. Have it be a trilogy. each movie would have to be around 2 and a half hours.

The first movie-Starts with Batman chasing a mugger through an alleyway. Then have him talk to alfred and basically just show that he's already been batman for quite sometime. Then show him at the circus where the flying graysons are performing. Have his parents die, but in a more emotional way than Batman Forever. Then Bruce takes him in. Have him become robin within thirty minutes of movie time. Then introduce the first big villian, The Riddler. Have him beat the dynamic duo in their first meeting. Then have some dialogue filled scenes. Meanwhile Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin is trying to take over Wayne Enterprise. Cobblepot then makes a makeup that can form your face anyway you want. An actor then decides to be the test subject for said product.(setting up for a certain villain.) Then have batman and robin take out the riddler. then the riddler says a riddle about a plan. now in a post credit scene show clayface being created.

The Second Movie- A couple years have passed.***** gotten older. The Wayne and Cobblepot business rivalry is at its peak. Wayne has had his company flourish recently and the scales tipping in his favor. Dick has started dating Gordons daughter, Barbara, and it causing problems with bruce. he feels Dick is paying more attention to his new relationship then he is to being robin. Barbara is also getting paranoid of ***** late night galavanting. After many failed attempts in finding Clayface they finally get a lead on him. they go to the abandoned warehouse where he is hiding out. they find him there and a battle ensues. clayface is beating the duo badly until robin leads clayface to the docks. batman then tackles clayface into the water and clayface breaks apart. as their leaving the warehouse they hear a noise. they find out barbara has been spying on them. after a few months batman realizes he can trust barbara and asks her to take up the mantle of batgirl. this angers robin and he decides to leave the team. batman and batgirl have been fighting crime for a couple of months now. they have been put up against the mad hatter, the ventrililoquist and the scarecrow. this leaves batman and batgirl both weakened and tired. The movie ends with batman investigating a crime in crime alley. A murder invloving the useof some kind of lauging gas. as batmans leaving the scene he finds a young boy stealing the wheels of the batmobile. scared he tells batman his name...Jason Todd

The Third Movie- a few months have passed and the bat family is close on the trail of the joker. batman is weakened so much that batgirl begs him to take a break. batman does so and robin and batgirl go out on a patrol. they find out where the jker is but batman does not want them going after him alone. jason is quick to ignoree bruces orders and goes to find the joker. jason falls into a trap and is captured. batman then goes after robin. with batman trying to find him jason is being beaten half to death with a crowbar. the joker then reveals a bomb that will go off in a minute. batman arrives as soon the bomb blows up. he find jasons body and falls to his knees in anger and sadness. the weakened bat brings jasons body to the batcave. he calls for alfred but there is no answer. bruce goes upstairs to the mansion and is confronted by Bane. they fight through the house. bane tosses batman around alike a ragdoll. punching him with bone breaking strikes. he tosses wayne into the batcave. bruce barely able to stand presses an emergency call to dick and barbara. then bane picks bruce up and slams him onto his knee breaking his back. he then tosses batman to the ground and exits the cave.nightwing and batgirl arrive too find their mentor lying there, broken. a few nights pass and bruce was bought to a family friend and doctor, Dr. Thomas Elliot. Nightwing,batgirl and Nightwings protege,Tim, have made a new makeshift batcave in fear of bane finding them. bane has teamed with the joker and released all the prisoners of arkham to take gotham city. after extensive treatment batman is starting to heal and he must train to take down bane. he seeks the help of his old mentor, Ras Al Ghul. Meanwhile in Gotham The bat family and a special forces team led by commisioner gordon have been taking out some of the freed arkham prisoners. Then comes the day where they plan to take down the joker. they have a trap set in the old ace chemical building. the plan is ruined when the joker tries to shoot batgirl but is knocked into an acid bath by the new robin, Tim Drake. batman tells ras al ghul what happened and ras tells batman he will retrain him as long as batman promises to marry his daughter Talia. Bruce and Talia start to grow a love for each other and eventually make love. ras teaches batman but then trys to make batman break his one rule. batman takes down ras and knocks him out. he ten leaves and heads back for gotham. After trying so hard to prove to Tim he did the right thing by killing the joker, Dick decides its finally time to take on Bane. The three heroes head toward the building where bane is ruling the city from...Wayne Tower. the three take down thugs and other criminals on their way to bane. once they find him they decide all three of them should attack at once. Bane quickly disposes of Batgirl and robin, leaving just him and Nightwing. Dick uses all that Bruce has taught him, but bane is still too strong. He grabs dick and knocks him out. he brings him to the top of Wayne tower to break him then kill him. As he holds him in the air a smoke pellet blows up. The bat returns. Taking deadly vicious strikes to the huge brute. Bane falls to his knee. Batman drops bane to the ground. He says now i break you. he lifts bane up and breaks his back. Years pass Nightwing and robin part ways. robin goes to create his own person the red robin. Nightwing moves to Bludhaven and he takes up a day job as a police officer. Batgirl gives up the mantle of and she just helps batman as the oracle. Batman then talks to Alfred about giving up the mantle and starting a family. Just then the doorbell rings. when Bruce opens the door there stands a man in a black suit and a 10 year old boy. Bruce asks who they are. the boy answers "my name is Damian, I'm your son.

Cast: bruce wayne/batman-Scott Adkins(just needs to get his acting skills improved a bit.)
alfred pennyworth-Michael Caine
Dick Grayson-Joseph Gordon-Levitt
The Riddler- C. Michael Hall
Oswald Cobblepot- Phyllip Seymour Hoffmann
Clayface-Idris Elba-voice
Jim Gordon-Denis O'hare
Barbara Gordon-Emma Stone
Jason Todd-Emile Hirsche
The Joker- Adrian Brody
Bane-Tom Hardy(he did amazing in tdkr)
Tim Drake- Logan Lerman
The Scarecrow- Alexander Skarsgard
Mad Hatter-Justin Chatwin
Damian Wayne-idk
Talia-Kate Beckinsale
Ras-Ben Kingsley

codyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #39
Anno_Domini
Banned User

A few more ideas.

- I want to see Harvey Bullock finally being used as Nolan never seemed to want to use any continuity when it comes to the faces of the GCPD besides Loeb and Gordon. Let's have a partner for Gordon throughout a film series and Bullock is the right man.

- I want to see another mobs plot, but use characters like Penguin and Black Mask. More or less using "freaks" running the mobs instead of the guys Nolan used like Falcone and Maroni.

- I REALLY want to see Mr. Freeze and Riddler. Besides the villains Nolan have used, those two are the next villains that I want to see in spectacular fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo View Post
Creating a directly indirect sequel to TDK, retconning TDKR and showing the aftermath of TDK as a sort of 'elseworlds' tale. Not neccesarily set in the same universe, but using the same key plot components, and this would mean Joker.
Imo, this should never happen. I don't want a director creating an indirect sequel to The Dark Knight. That was Nolan's creation and only his.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #40
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
A few more ideas.

- I want to see Harvey Bullock finally being used as Nolan never seemed to want to use any continuity when it comes to the faces of the GCPD besides Loeb and Gordon. Let's have a partner for Gordon throughout a film series and Bullock is the right man.
That leaves us to the question why, in Batman Begins, the guy who looks like Bullock (and also acts a little bit like him) is called Flass when the latter is a tall, blond and athletic guy and the former is fat and ugly. A minor thing but dumb. Just to have a "Year One" reference.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Stephens could definitely be viewed as a nod to Bullock as well, but yah, I get the Flass complaints, lol. Perhaps Nolan wanted a scumy looking detective instead of someone with an athletic built.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #42
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Not sure about a Knightfall trilogy. Would be really redundant after TDKR and while I liked the third part of Knigthfall (Knightsend), the series as a whole felt very padded ou for something so simple.

Just my opinion.

--John Adams
Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Stephens could definitely be viewed as a nod to Bullock as well, but yah, I get the Flass complaints, lol. Perhaps Nolan wanted a scumy looking detective instead of someone with an athletic built.
I wish Stephens was in TDKR. Perhaps Bane kills him in the sewers or something. He was just a really good little character actor performance in that movie.

--John Adams
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #44
TheWatcher
Dapper

-B:TAS feel
-Nightwing
-New villains
-3D whether anybody wants it or not.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #45
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I wish Stephens was in TDKR. Perhaps Bane kills him in the sewers or something. He was just a really good little character actor performance in that movie.
I wish Stephens was in TDKR as well, but during the eight-year "peacetime", TDKR made it seem like the Major Crimes Division was slowly decreasing in numbers. Perhaps a reason why Gordon would so quickly upgrade a patrol officer to a detective. Stephens probably left or retired and it all seems like Ramirez just ran off after her confrontation with Dent since she wasn't even shown while Gordon broke the Bat signal at the end of TDK.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #46
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Gordon probably found out about Ramirez getting Rachel killed given she was victimized by Dent. While he couldn't arrest her because his only proof is dead and his own crimes are being covered up thanks to Batman, I'm sure Gordon would force her to at least resign the force. Her corruption got an ADA killed and helped break the DA white knight. He would not want her on the force after that movie.

--John Adams
Old 08-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #47
Road Warrior
Banned User

Whatever they do next should be simple and standalone. I've always wanted WB to take the old James Bond approach with Batman. A new film every 2 years that is its own separate entity.

Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #48
TheFuture
Rising

- A more gothic, visually lush, Gotham.

- Bruce Wayne will still be a troubled individual, but will have more of a life as Bruce Wayne. Someone who may actually enjoy social interaction. Basically, a Bruce not too far off the B:TAS portrayal.

- If a reboot/JL franchise is going to focus on fantastical villains, then the new Bruce Wayne will be played up as a genius. Literally one of the smartest beings alive. Bruce will win fights with both brawn and brain. There will be no Lucius Fox either, Bruce will design and construct his own gadgets.

- If the Joker is used, Harley Quinn will be too.

TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #49
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I have a feeling the next Batman movie will be closer to the comics. I don't think it can be an origin film. I think they NEED to avoid an origin film. I think they'll go with a non-militarized style, too. So I think we'll see the grey bodysuit.

I think Bruce might wind up being less likable, too. I just think that might wind up being a trade off in making him the Swiss army knife that he is in the comics.

I'm kinda eager to see what the next team comes up with.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #50
keith_v
Side-Kick

I think, depending on the success of Man of Steel, WB may hold onto Batman before making a decision on the next movie. I could see them saving him as a sort of fail-safe for the Justice League movie. If MoS flops, we'll probably see a new solo Batman film. If MoS is a massive success, we'll probably see a new solo Batman film. But if MoS hits that general mark of about $250 million in the US and about $200 million overseas, we'll see a Justice League film with the marketing heavily relying on the first appearance of the new Batman.

My reasoning is this; If WB sees MoS flop, they'll think to themselves "Well, no one is interested in Superman. Scrap Justice League and let's focus solely on Batman instead."

If MoS is a monster success, they'll think "Damn, people can't get enough of these solo superhero DC films. We gotta get another Batman out there before the audience cools off on them."

But if MoS hits that mildly successful safe zone, they'll probably think "well, people are nuts for ensemble comic movies because of Avengers, and we do have the Justice League license. The problem is that people don't care too much for Superman movies, but maybe he'll work better in a Justice League movie. And even if the audience doesn't care for him, we'll have Batman that will definitely bring crowds in. If all else fails, we can make him the main character."

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/supe...860197713?mt=8

keith_v is offline   Reply With Quote