The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
gzilla46
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Not telling.
Posts: 91
Default What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

He was saying something about her backstory. But I didn't understand what happened. What happened?

gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Drizzle
All the chicken.
 
Drizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 9,927
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

She did some terrible things before she switched teams and joined SHIELD. She killed a lot of people. It was to the point where Hawkeye was assigned to take her down, but he spared her.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #3
gzilla46
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Not telling.
Posts: 91
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
She did some terrible things before she joined SHIELD. She killed a lot of people. It was to the point where Hawkeye was assigned to take her down, but he spared her.
Oh. OK. I see.

gzilla46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,477
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

I believe the majority of that was made up for the cinematic universe. We may or may not find out more in future MCU films. Perhaps in a future Black Widow or Hawkeye movie.

But basically I think it was just because she had a lot of blood on her hands (red in her ledger) because she is an assassin and worked for the wrong people. For instance "Drakov's daughter" could refer to her hurting/killing a child, "the hospital fire" she might have started causing the deaths of innocent (even sick and injured) civilians. I believe Loki mentions (or it is implied) that Barton told him about these things.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,345
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

He was flirting with her...but he got no game.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,477
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Dude. All the b****es love when I call them "mewling quim."


No seriously, Loki fangirls are weird.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,561
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

She was an assasin who killed people before she went over to SHIELD. Innocent people most likely.. Hawkeye, who was supposed to kill her, let her live. He spilled all the dirty laundry on her as his mind was under loki's influence. Is it

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
steintym
Stay Frosty
 
steintym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Dude. All the b****es love when I call them "mewling quim."


No seriously, Loki fangirls are weird.

That would be an awesome screen name.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
spark627
Side-Kick
 
spark627's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,366
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I believe the majority of that was made up for the cinematic universe. We may or may not find out more in future MCU films. Perhaps in a future Black Widow or Hawkeye movie.

But basically I think it was just because she had a lot of blood on her hands (red in her ledger) because she is an assassin and worked for the wrong people. For instance "Drakov's daughter" could refer to her hurting/killing a child, "the hospital fire" she might have started causing the deaths of innocent (even sick and injured) civilians. I believe Loki mentions (or it is implied) that Barton told him about these things.

This wasn't made up for the movie, in the books BW was brainwashed by a corrupt part of the Russian goverment to be a spy/assasin and to hate America. One of her missions was to take down Tony Stark (or something). I don't recall specific killings from that time but it is made clear in the books that she was ruthless until she overcame her brainwashing.

spark627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Lorus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 245
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
This wasn't made up for the movie, in the books BW was brainwashed by a corrupt part of the Russian goverment to be a spy/assasin and to hate America. One of her missions was to take down Tony Stark (or something). I don't recall specific killings from that time but it is made clear in the books that she was ruthless until she overcame her brainwashing.
The extent of the brainwashing is different depending on the story. I believe that the currently accepted origin is that the Red Room trained her and implanted her with a series of false memories, such as her being a ballerina, to make her more patriotic or angry at the West. It differentiates her from the Winter Soldier and such characters in that she essentially chose her path as an assassin and willingly committed her atrocities, even if her memories stacked the deck, so to speak.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
spark627
Side-Kick
 
spark627's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,366
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
The extent of the brainwashing is different depending on the story. I believe that the currently accepted origin is that the Red Room trained her and implanted her with a series of false memories, such as her being a ballerina, to make her more patriotic or angry at the West. It differentiates her from the Winter Soldier and such characters in that she essentially chose her path as an assassin and willingly committed her atrocities, even if her memories stacked the deck, so to speak.

Yes, her origin constantly changes. The ballerina aspect was gone for a while but seems to be back, in some origins she is heavily brainwashed from a child, in other she was 'tricked' into joining. That being said, the conversation with Loki isn't made up, it is/was a part of her origin.

spark627 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #12
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,477
Default Re: What exactly was Loki talking about when he was speaking with Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
This wasn't made up for the movie, in the books BW was brainwashed by a corrupt part of the Russian goverment to be a spy/assasin and to hate America. One of her missions was to take down Tony Stark (or something). I don't recall specific killings from that time but it is made clear in the books that she was ruthless until she overcame her brainwashing.
I can't find any reference to a hospital fire or Drakov's daughter in Black Widow canon. By all means show me evidence to the contrary.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.