The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 08-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #26
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: What villain should be pulling Winter Soldier's strings?

If they do Zemo, how would they do his costume/powers?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #27
SuperFerret
A Decade of Derision

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Hopefully not just Zola. Zola is such a goofy villain if it's him most of the time audiences will reject it like Hector Hammond in Green Lantern.
Did audiences reject Hector Hammond in Green Lantern, or was it just a general disappointment in the entire movie?

SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #28
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I agree. CA's encounters with Red Skull in the first film seemed all too brief. I'd like to see that emnity expanded upon.
Ya, they spent all of what .... 3-4 scenes together? Every time I watch CA:TFA I'm just like damnit I need more Cap/Skull!

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #29
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I think it will be Zemo.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I'd like it to be Zemo.

Now as for Viper, what'sthe deal with her? I hear reports of her being used in The Wolverine, played by Svetlana Khodchenkova (whoever she is):

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/07/b...-wolverine.php

However, Wolverine is owned by Fox. Who owns Viper? If she's with Marvel, how can she be in The Wolverine? Why would she even be owned by Fox? Although she's associated with Silver Samurai, she's not primarily tied in with X-Men.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #31
CLFilms
Side-Kick

The Red Skull has already been removed from the equation, but Hydra is STILL in existence. These are the only three likely candidates:
1) Baron Von Strucker
2) Zemo
3) Alexander Lukin

And I actually ran into Mitch Breitweiser (one of the principle artists from The Winter Soldier Storyline) at Dallas Comic Con in May, and he mentioned that Ed Brubaker was working on a screenplay. He wouldn't say what, but it could be that he is one of the writers for CA:WS. And if that's the case, they'll go with what HE has written previously -- aka Alexander Lukin. And he has incorporated the tesseract and Bucky a la Winter Soldier in the same storyline.

CLFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #32
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLFilms View Post
The Red Skull has already been removed from the equation, but Hydra is STILL in existence. These are the only three likely candidates:
1) Baron Von Strucker
2) Zemo
3) Alexander Lukin

And I actually ran into Mitch Breitweiser (one of the principle artists from The Winter Soldier Storyline) at Dallas Comic Con in May, and he mentioned that Ed Brubaker was working on a screenplay. He wouldn't say what, but it could be that he is one of the writers for CA:WS. And if that's the case, they'll go with what HE has written previously -- aka Alexander Lukin. And he has incorporated the tesseract and Bucky a la Winter Soldier in the same storyline.
Don't you mean "ie" Alexander Lukin? Aka is "also known as". Unless Brubaker has written a work called "Alexander Lukin".

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 08-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #33
CLFilms
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Don't you mean "ie" Alexander Lukin? Aka is "also known as". Unless Brubaker has written a work called "Alexander Lukin".
I meant "i.e." of course. Thanks for the look out.

All I was trying to point out was that Brubaker has already used Lukin, so he knows him pretty well.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #34
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLFilms View Post
The Red Skull has already been removed from the equation
Says who?

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #35
CLFilms
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Says who?
I'm just speaking in terms of practicality. I think the Red Skull is pretty BA, but it would just be too complacent/lazy of a move to bring him back. Cap has tons of foes - the writers are going to end up with a better film if they try not to use him. If he appears in the end though, I think that would be an amazing set up for an Avengers sequel.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #36
Chris B
Side-Kick

Zemo. I'll be kind of disappointed if they use anyone else as I think he is the natural choice.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
Capt.America518
Side-Kick

As much as MODOK may be neglected upon and despised upon coming to a movie screen, he may be the most logical choice to be pulling the strings of Winter Solider seeing as there are huge rumors of AIM being in the Ironman 3 movie.... I would prefer to see Zemo pulling the strings personally, but MODOK to me seems more likely.... Also Lukin is boring, I dont want to see him at all.... And as for Red skull, I think it would be cooler to see him appear as an end credit scene re-introducing him for Cap 3!

Capt.America518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #38
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.America518 View Post
As much as MODOK may be neglected upon and despised upon coming to a movie screen, he may be the most logical choice to be pulling the strings of Winter Solider seeing as there are huge rumors of AIM being in the Ironman 3 movie.... I would prefer to see Zemo pulling the strings personally, but MODOK to me seems more likely.... Also Lukin is boring, I dont want to see him at all.... And as for Red skull, I think it would be cooler to see him appear as an end credit scene re-introducing him for Cap 3!
There could still be a separate Hydra and AIM thing going on though, so that both Zemo and or Strucker could be present, and AIM could also exists under whoever they choose.

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #39
Capt.America518
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
There could still be a separate Hydra and AIM thing going on though, so that both Zemo and or Strucker could be present, and AIM could also exists under whoever they choose.
Im a big fan of both Hydra and AIM.. (more so HYDRA), but anywho, seeing either one of them in the movie would be great and appropriate seeing as Winter Soldier is... well a spy who was brainwashed to attack America

Old 08-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #40
Changeling
Banned User

Zemo would be my choice. Id love to see Red Skull again though, he was one of the highlights of The First Avenger even though him and Caps relationship didnt seem fully fleshed out

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #41
Capt.America518
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
Zemo would be my choice. Id love to see Red Skull again though, he was one of the highlights of The First Avenger even though him and Caps relationship didnt seem fully fleshed out
I literally could not have said this any better myself... literally took every word I was thinking out of my mouth.... I prefer to zemo too... I loved captain america 1, and LOVED red skull but I do feel him and caps relationship didnt develop as much as it should have.... I hope they bring red skull back for cap 3!!! perhaps an after credit scene with skull returning???

Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #42
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think Zemo should be yanking Bucky's chain.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #43
jonathancrane
Side-Kick

Zemo would be the perfect character bridge between WW2 and the present in the MCU.

jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I would like Zemo. Though with AIM being in Ironman 3. I got a feeling we may get MODOK in cap 2

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #45
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I got the impression from the Cap commentary that it would be Zola behind WS.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #46
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I vote they keep it as Aleksander Lukin.

I really hope they keep the Winter Soldier's Soviet ties, too.

That being, I could live with Zemo.

I think Lukin would be good for the start. But maybe he can lost control over him. The situation becomes one where the Russian government decides to kill him to cover it all up. SHIELD is ordered to kill him for all the crimes he's done in the past. Captain America and Falcon are the only ones who are trying to bring him in alive.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #47
Lorus
Side-Kick

I don't know a huge amount about Cap's rogue gallery so I may be off base here but, wouldn't Lukin be the most logical option? Everything about the Winter Soldier is steeped in cold war paranoia and myth making, so wouldn't it make the most sense to play up the Russian angle? Zola or Zemo are both affiliated with Germany or the Nazis, I think, so it would be something of a missed opportunity and squandering of potential to have them pulling the strings when they're not entrenched in that kind of history.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #48
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
I don't know a huge amount about Cap's rogue gallery so I may be off base here but, wouldn't Lukin be the most logical option? Everything about the Winter Soldier is steeped in cold war paranoia and myth making, so wouldn't it make the most sense to play up the Russian angle? Zola or Zemo are both affiliated with Germany or the Nazis, I think, so it would be something of a missed opportunity and squandering of potential to have them pulling the strings when they're not entrenched in that kind of history.
Eh, some think it'll be HYDRA that's controlling WS.

I'm with you, though. It really should be ex-Soviets, or at the very least, the villain should get WS from ex-Soviets.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #49
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
I wouldn't mind Lukin. I thought even without the Skull association, Lukin was a very worthy villain. A top 10 Captain America villain easily in his own right.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I still say there's no reason it can't be Lukin *and* Hydra remnants: some portions of Hydra defected to the Soviets after the Red Skull was killed. The Soviets took advantage of these assets. Fast forward a decade or so, and the difference between "Soviet black ops program that has a bunch of ex-Hydra personnel and resources" and "Hydra Reborn, Soviet Union Edition" becomes narrow to the point of irrelevance.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote