The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #101
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,162
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
INDEED, maybe a part of Thor learning more so to speak.
Exactly

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #102
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick
 
Jake Cassidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 15,023
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No, just one song was/is all that's needed for any and all Thor movies:


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


...'Nuff said.

2 songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukUetw0hAM


Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #103
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,992
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Umm...maybe we should get back on topic.

So Marvel really loves their British villains don't they?

Tom Hiddleston
Christopher Eccleston
Ben Kingsley

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #104
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

British villains are awesome villains.

__________________
Hail HydraSinestro!
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #105
DocHoliday
The King of Cool
 
DocHoliday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

After all most of the Galactic Empire was British .

__________________
A cornered Fox is more dangerous than a Jackal!
DocHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #106
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post

Point taken.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #107
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,162
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuffTheRooster View Post
If someone told me to spit on the ground and I pulled down my pants and took a dump and said "Its a lot different then spit" doesn't mean its any better. Its a poor example, I know, I couldn't think of anything extremely vile to compare Nicki Minaj to so I had to settle with human bodily fluids.
.......I just like her ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Point taken.
Hellllllll yeah, that song should be included in the soundtrack for Thor: The Dark World.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 08-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #108
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever
 
The Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 452
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

So what is the in-comic explanation for why half his face is black?

The Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #109
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,694
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
So what is the in-comic explanation for why half his face is black?
He's a fugitive from planet Cheron

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #110
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,162
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Umm...maybe we should get back on topic.

So Marvel really loves their British villains don't they?

Tom Hiddleston
Christopher Eccleston
Ben Kingsley
Well now we can add Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to the list of British villains.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #111
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 168
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

I loved Doctor Who. He's a great actor. You can never go wrong with casting british actors

Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #112
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
I loved Doctor Who. He's a great actor. You can never go wrong with casting british actors
Seriously, what is the deal. British.

Best musicians, best bands, best actors.

a little off topic, but you know how we call English spoken by the british and English, English Accents?/British Accents?

Well technically, isn't their English proper English as it should be spoken, and it's everyone else who actually has accents?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #113
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,800
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Seriously, what is the deal. British.

Best musicians, best bands, best actors.

a little off topic, but you know how we call English spoken by the british and English, English Accents?/British Accents?

Well technically, isn't their English proper English as it should be spoken, and it's everyone else who actually has accents?
Everybody has accents

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #114
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,089
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'm assuming they're building up to a third movie with Surtur, would be a nice end to the trilogy with Loki and Thor teaming up to finish him off
I agree, Loki may or may not have anything to do with Malekith's scheming in T:TDW (I for one wouldn't mind seeing Ego as has been speculated by some) but in a third Thor film I bet we will see Loki cozy up to Amora and Skurge to unleash Surtur on the nine realms but see his mistakes when Odin is killed in the process and help Thor to take him down.


Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 08-25-2012 at 01:55 AM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #115
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,400
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Given that the arc that this character was involved in the comics involved the casket of ancient winters, which was used in the first Thor Film, do you guys think that they'll go with that plot device again or use something else instead?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #116
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,089
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

I think they will definitely use another plot device. The casket was not necessarily done justice, but it was also (imo) not interesting enough to warrant it. I think they should continue to explore the world and not use that particular piece again.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #117
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,992
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Seriously, what is the deal. British.

Best musicians, best bands, best actors.
I know what you mean. They're pretty cool

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #118
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing
 
Baneis8feettall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in indecent times
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Speaking of hating modern music. The soundtrack to Thor sucked!

I REALLY wish we had heard songs like these in the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhwHH9zimW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edBYB1VCV0k

Wouldve fit so much better.
Amon Amarth They must be Odin's favorite.

__________________
"Nothing less than a knight, shining."
Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #119
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Everybody has accents

Sure. But as far as I understand, everyone but the british and english have accents, kind of ironic

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #120
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,992
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

They have accents and they also have accents based on their region and class just like any society really.

Except the British accent(s) is (are) sexier.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #121
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
They have accents and they also have accents based on their region and class just like any society really.

Except the British accent(s) is (are) sexier.
I agree with that. Completely.

Girls with british accents

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #122
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,089
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
They have accents and they also have accents based on their region and class just like any society really.

Except the British accent(s) is (are) sexier.
I think the Old English dialect and accent makes a certain sort of sense. If Asgardians first arrived on Earth in Northern Europe, their speech would've most definitely heavily influenced any language the humans were already using. As English is a Western Germanic language, and they landed in Norway this is fitting. Odin came to earth speaking old english (which of course Asgardians may simply call Asgardian language) and the ancient Norwegian language may have taken some influence in such a way as to evolve into Old English and eventually modern English. Where of course, Asgardians language would have been far older and more developed so they wouldn't have evolved nearly so drastically.

Just a small point I took into account because it could be considered strange that the extraterrestrials in the MCU (Asgardians, Jotuns, The Other/Thanos) speak English. But I feel like this brings a little more possibility into the mix for those who are bothered by that. If I am missing something from the comics/etc. please let me know. I enjoy this type of stuff.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #123
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think the Old English dialect and accent makes a certain sort of sense. If Asgardians first arrived on Earth in Northern Europe, their speech would've most definitely heavily influenced any language the humans were already using. As English is a Western Germanic language, and they landed in Norway this is fitting. Odin came to earth speaking old english (which of course Asgardians may simply call Asgardian language) and the ancient Norwegian language may have taken some influence in such a way as to evolve into Old English and eventually modern English. Where of course, Asgardians language would have been far older and more developed so they wouldn't have evolved nearly so drastically.

Just a small point I took into account because it could be considered strange that the extraterrestrials in the MCU (Asgardians, Jotuns, The Other/Thanos) speak English. But I feel like this brings a little more possibility into the mix for those who are bothered by that. If I am missing something from the comics/etc. please let me know. I enjoy this type of stuff.
Just to pick a nit: English, as you say, comes in part from a West Germanic language (namely, Old English). Old Norse is a Northern Germanic language. Old English was influenced by Old Norse due to Viking invasions. Old Norse evolved into the modern Scandinavian languages (Icelandic is the closest to Old Norse), and Old English of course evolved into Middle and then Modern English, picking up a lot of French via the Norman Invasion (who were themselves descendents of Vikings (just sayin')).

And of course, all these languages had many dialects. So there's not "one" Old English or Old Norse, etc.

I was going to assert that the Asgardian language would more likely be closer to Old Norse, given the landing at Toensberg depicted at the beginning of Thor1. But Vikings had had contact with the British Isles prior to 965 CE. So maybe you could say there were earlier contacts with the Asgardians, in which case it could have been either in Scandinavia or elsewhere.

BTW, in the Thor1 script on line is this exchange:
DARCY
So, how can you speak our language?
VOLSTAGG
Your language? Ha! Silly girl, you're speaking ours.

A while back someone (maybe not on this forum) asserted that people from Australia tend to do poor British accents and pointed to Hemsworth as an example. My thought when I read that was that one could instead think of him doing an Asgardian accent

Thanks for posting this. I enjoy this kind of stuff too!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #124
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 5,089
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Just to pick a nit: English, as you say, comes in part from a West Germanic language (namely, Old English). Old Norse is a Northern Germanic language. Old English was influenced by Old Norse due to Viking invasions. Old Norse evolved into the modern Scandinavian languages (Icelandic is the closest to Old Norse), and Old English of course evolved into Middle and then Modern English, picking up a lot of French via the Norman Invasion (who were themselves descendents of Vikings (just sayin')).

And of course, all these languages had many dialects. So there's not "one" Old English or Old Norse, etc.

I was going to assert that the Asgardian language would more likely be closer to Old Norse, given the landing at Toensberg depicted at the beginning of Thor1. But Vikings had had contact with the British Isles prior to 965 CE. So maybe you could say there were earlier contacts with the Asgardians, in which case it could have been either in Scandinavia or elsewhere.

BTW, in the Thor1 script on line is this exchange:
DARCY
So, how can you speak our language?
VOLSTAGG
Your language? Ha! Silly girl, you're speaking ours.

A while back someone (maybe not on this forum) asserted that people from Australia tend to do poor British accents and pointed to Hemsworth as an example. My thought when I read that was that one could instead think of him doing an Asgardian accent

Thanks for posting this. I enjoy this kind of stuff too!
Cool! I had no idea. Especially the Darcy/Volstagg line. I wonder why they didn't put it in the film.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #125
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,092
Default Re: Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Just to pick a nit: English, as you say, comes in part from a West Germanic language (namely, Old English). Old Norse is a Northern Germanic language. Old English was influenced by Old Norse due to Viking invasions. Old Norse evolved into the modern Scandinavian languages (Icelandic is the closest to Old Norse), and Old English of course evolved into Middle and then Modern English, picking up a lot of French via the Norman Invasion (who were themselves descendents of Vikings (just sayin')).

And of course, all these languages had many dialects. So there's not "one" Old English or Old Norse, etc.

I was going to assert that the Asgardian language would more likely be closer to Old Norse, given the landing at Toensberg depicted at the beginning of Thor1. But Vikings had had contact with the British Isles prior to 965 CE. So maybe you could say there were earlier contacts with the Asgardians, in which case it could have been either in Scandinavia or elsewhere.

BTW, in the Thor1 script on line is this exchange:
DARCY
So, how can you speak our language?
VOLSTAGG
Your language? Ha! Silly girl, you're speaking ours.

A while back someone (maybe not on this forum) asserted that people from Australia tend to do poor British accents and pointed to Hemsworth as an example. My thought when I read that was that one could instead think of him doing an Asgardian accent

Thanks for posting this. I enjoy this kind of stuff too!
I thought that was just hemsworth' natural accent

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.