The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #26
merbass
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men:Days of future Past Speculation

JFK was a mutant is a cool idea ! Killing him because he was gonna give rights to the mutant !

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
merbass
Side-Kick

How about an older Mystique going back in time to kill her younger self ?

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
Superhero 101
DESI

I was thinking that a way that they can fix X3 by doing DOFP story line is by in the beginning of the movie show the future with X-men fighting the Sentinels and then either have one of the current X-men from X3 go back in time and by the end of the film the X-man goes back to their timeline and we kind of see that all the X-men that died are alive and well including Scott and Jean and Prof X.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #29
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I had a thought what if someone killed Prof. X either by mistake (or he was the intended target) instead of killing the political figure and it caused the future to become filled w/sentinels, mutant concentration camps,etc.

Now that i think about we never really saw how MLK Jr-esq Charles was in X1-X3, that's why in X3 when Mags told Pyro "Charles did more for mutant rights than you'll ever know" that line left a question in my head because we never saw him do anything for mutant rights.

This stroyline would fit inX3 because we saw Phoenix kill Charles, but we all know he's alive in his "twin" brother's body at the end, so ppl won't complain how it doesn't fit w/X3 continuity

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #30
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
I had a thought what if someone killed Prof. X either by mistake (or he was the intended target) instead of killing the political figure and it caused the future to become filled w/sentinels, mutant concentration camps,etc.

Now that i think about we never really saw how MLK Jr-esq Charles was in X1-X3, that's why in X3 when Mags told Pyro "Charles did more for mutant rights than you'll ever know" that line left a question in my head because we never saw him do anything for mutant rights.

This stroyline would fit inX3 because we saw Phoenix kill Charles, but we all know he's alive in his "twin" brother's body at the end, so ppl won't complain how it doesn't fit w/X3 continuity
I think using Prof X instead of a Political figure would work very well.

Last edited by def28; 08-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #31
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
How about an older Mystique going back in time to kill her younger self ?
Impossible. The 'grandfather paradox' of time travel theoretical science means you cannot kill someone who would prevent you existing (and therefore prevent you from being able to be alive to travel back in the first place).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #32
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I like your suggestion, except I don't understand this part...

Quote:
Can you explain that again?

Old 08-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #33
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
What do you mean? We see Jean speaking at the Congress against the registration act while Charles attended, so he was fighting for mutant rights in a political, non-violent way, just like MLK.

The problem is, the films never put enough focus on Charles and his side of the story - i.e, his quiet struggle for mutant rights and human/mutant peaceful coexistence. Maybe because it's not cool enough these days.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
Angamb
Banned User

I hope to see a bit more of that part of the character on the first class sequels, Matthew MUST show it

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #35
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I like your suggestion, except I don't understand this part... Can you explain that again?
I think he was referring to the after credit scene for X3, where we see Moira MacTaggart's (previously mentioned) coma patient awaken and speak to her in Charle's voice

it being the body of his twin brother, was never really mentioned, but has since been speculated at, give his resemblance to Patrick Stewart (I believe it actually was him in the scene) an that he still had the same voice (tho, that could've been him speaking telepathically)

it was suggested that it could be a possible reference to his twin sister in the comics, Cassandra Nova... but instead be his brother, an was born brain dead, comatose or something, but, that his body was kept alive all these years (in hope of one day being able to save him or something, I guess)

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #36
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I think he was referring to the after credit scene for X3, where we see Moira MacTaggart's (previously mentioned) coma patient awaken and speak to her in Charle's voice

it being the body of his twin brother, was never really mentioned, but has since been speculated at, give his resemblance to Patrick Stewart (I believe it actually was him in the scene) an that he still had the same voice (tho, that could've been him speaking telepathically)

it was suggested that it could be a possible reference to his twin sister in the comics, Cassandra Nova... but instead be his brother, an was born brain dead, comatose or something, but, that his body was kept alive all these years (in hope of one day being able to save him or something, I guess)
Yes, I understood THAT. I know these films inside out. But I don't understand how that scene would make it okay for the killing of Xavier in the 60s.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #37
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

I think maybe he means that cuase the future Charles is alive in a different body that maybe the death of his past self wouldn't affect him... but... no... wait... that doesn't really make sense either

I mean, I guess if X3 Charles could transport him mind into the other body, I guess the past him could theoretically do the same, so, him dieing in the past wouldn't really effect the timeline, if he just come's back in a new body

unless they do like the DarkXavier storyline with him in his new forum

but, now I am just getting way off topic lol

so umm ya I have no idea what he meant by that lol

Old 08-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #38
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I hope to see a bit more of that part of the character on the first class sequels, Matthew MUST show it
Hopefully Vaughn will keep his bias against the character in check and give Charles a great arc. He certainly deserves this. Plus, the audience will never get the Charles/Erik "frenemies" dynamics if we see only one side of the story.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #39
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I like your suggestion, except I don't understand this part...

Can you explain that again?
to be honest I don't know what I was trying to say either, LOL, I guess I'm trying to please the folsk that all these films to flow together

Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #40
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
What do you mean? We see Jean speaking at the Congress against the registration act while Charles attended, so he was fighting for mutant rights in a political, non-violent way, just like MLK.

The problem is, the films never put enough focus on Charles and his side of the story - i.e, his quiet struggle for mutant rights and human/mutant peaceful coexistence. Maybe because it's not cool enough these days.
exactly we saw Jean not him! Charles was in the shadows, if he's suppsoed to be portrayed as this MLK figure then he should've been the one giving the speech, but I agree w/what you're saying

Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #41
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually the correct quote is, Charles Xavier did more for mutants than you will ever know. So it wasn't specifically "mutant rights".

I think Charles' position is somewhat different to MLK, because MLK didn't head a superpowered team that had to operate in secrecy

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 08-14-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #42
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
to be honest I don't know what I was trying to say either, LOL, I guess I'm trying to please the folsk that all these films to flow together
that's just the thing tho, if the timeline is altered then it pretty much erase everything that happens in the original films, including any inconsistencies, an gives it all a fresh start

the question is who/what wouldn't be effected by the change in the timeline to know how things were suppose to be, and when it all went wrong?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #43
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I have this feeling that the mutants that will appear in the dystopian future (assuming that is what occurs) will not be the ones we've been speculating about (Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, etc.), but the New Mutants. There was news about Fox wanting to do a New Mutants movie a few months ago, so rather than doing a whole movie on them, they'll show up in DOFP (kind of like the way much of the Magneto script wound up in First Class). The upside for Fox would be that they'd hire younger, cheaper actors as opposed to bringing back actors from the OT who won't come cheap.

I hope I'm wrong

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #44
def28
Side-Kick

Nah, I think at this point with the hype rising and all, people would be pretty disappointed if that happened. They need a few of those original characters for this story. It would be a bad move if they didnt bring them back.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #45
muscaremy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
That Fatal Attractions moment would be awesome!

Yeah, Im just not sold on the JFK thing. I dont see how that would change the future since its an event that happens in normal history. There would have to be something else added.

I think you're over thinking it. To me anyway it just seems the reason is the fact that he's killed by a mutant is the catalyst. That's the problem, yea he's still dead but not by some regular joe

muscaremy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #46
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscaremy View Post
I think you're over thinking it. To me anyway it just seems the reason is the fact that he's killed by a mutant is the catalyst. That's the problem, yea he's still dead but not by some regular joe
As long as they would explain the difference between a human shooting him and a mutant I guess I could be cool with it. Was just thinking that if they pass a Sentinel act to eradicate mutants because they believe a mutant killed JFK (with powers not a gun) and they now find them a huge threat to the world,that could work. As long as its for a better story and not using actual historic events as a schtick Ill be cool with it. I just dont see the point on why it needs to be him. Better to use somone who was not killed in normal history, Prof X or a character we havnt seen imo. Creating a radical change in history should differ from our normal history as much as possible. Usually if its a death that alters history in a time travel piece, the target was originally never supposed to be shot, or survived and was supposed to be killed.

Last edited by def28; 08-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #47
betonvomxli

my take on the whole days of futures past to keep continuity with previous x men films would be this: what if the event that creates the sentinel filled future was phoenix killing mutants and humans alike in alcatraz island? Yes at the end of the last stand we have peaceful coexistence but a few years later a scientist and the friends of humanity decide to declare war on mutants...so what mutants from the future like bishop try to stop its the birth of the phoenix, travel back in time to prevent the birth of jean grey!!!!! While x men from the future travel back in time to protect her ,this mutants have already been born by this period which om thinking beast and storm would be a good option to travel back...something similar to what we saw in the xmen cartoon eposode a mans worth they believe that instead of killing jean they should prevent charles form putting the mental blocks that way she wont become the phoenix...mental blocksal personality..what do you guys think?

Last edited by betonvomxli; 09-04-2012 at 03:01 PM.
betonvomxli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #48
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

The third Hobbit film has been slated for July 18, 2014 the same date as Days of Future Past. So... expect Fox to move the date.

June
• How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Fox) - 6/20
• Transformers 4 (Par.) - 6/27

July
• The Hobbit: There and Back Again (WB) - 7/18
• Untitled X-Men Sequel (Fox) - 7/18

August
• Guardians of the Galaxy (BV) - 8/1

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #49
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

It won't be in May. Fox has Dawn of the Planet of the Apes set for Memorial Day weekend. Probably a week later; July 25.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #50
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
It won't be in May. Fox has Dawn of the Planet of the Apes set for Memorial Day weekend. Probably a week later; July 25.
I dunno, The Hobbit 3 could have a $150 million opening (3 years of inflation) and then a second weekend of $67 million. Not something I would want to be up against. Adjusted for inflation ROTK's opening weekend would put it just over $100 million. The LOTR fanbase has only grown since 2003.

Go first or second week in June, as the first two weeks are still open. Apes will have made the majority of its money by the time those two weekend happen.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote