The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #451
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero
 
I'm Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 1,580
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy
I'm just going to go ahead and assume you've never read/seen anything with Ultron in it.
There's no reason Hammer couldn't make Ultron, he could be Hammer's "Jarvis" so to speak.

__________________
Jensen Ackles for Eddie Brock/Venom
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #452
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,775
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

sorry if you dont respond well to logic/reason/evidence. ill just skip it next time.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #453
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,071
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
None of the actors from TIH will be in another Marvel movie
Which IMO is hugely disappointing. Mark Ruffalo is a fantastic Bruce Banner who I'd love to see with the rest of the TIH cast, I loved Liv Tyler and Tim Blake Nelson would be fantastic to see as The Leader.

__________________
Hail HydraSinestro!
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #454
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,775
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I'm all for TBN returning, but Liv Tyler can easily be recast. I like her generally, but not as Betty. I keep plugging Rooney Mara, but they should test out various actresses with Ruffalo and go with whoever works best. Someone who is plausible as a scientist would be a plus. Of course its possible none of those characters will be in the movie. Has there been any news about this?

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #455
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,071
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I haven't read anything on it. The only Hulk news that we seem to have gotten is the six-picture deal with Mark Ruffalo I think.

__________________
Hail HydraSinestro!
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #456
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I would like to see a movie version of the Black Panther.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #457
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
There's no reason Hammer couldn't make Ultron, he could be Hammer's "Jarvis" so to speak.
I'm just going to go ahead and agree with Chewy on this one, and assume you've never actually read anything at all about Ultron before.


Ultron is *not* a garden-variety killer robot. His menace comes from his motive and personality, which are linked directly and incontrovertibly to Dr. Henry Pym. Pym inadvertently gave his creation an Oedipus complex, and Ultron's primary motive over the course of his entire sordid career has been to kill his daddy (his creator) Hank and mate with his mommy, Janet Van Dyne. There is absolutely no other way to tell this story without Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. Period.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 AM   #458
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,775
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

To make Ultron interesting, a big chunk of the movie would have to be about Hank Pym. I dont see that happening. Not in TA2 anyway.

They can't even cover the story in the Ant-Man movie since the movie will be about his shrinking technology. And even if they did cover Ultron's backstory in Ant-Man, Joss Whedon would never write a TA2 story that absolutely required you to see another movie first in order to follow.

Best case scenario is that they introduce Ultron as a friendly AI in TA2, subtely foreshadow his malevolence toward the end, and then have him be a villain in TA3.

Personally I dont care if they ever get to Ultron as I think the whole "AI turns on its creator" storyline has been done to death recently. Dont get me wrong, its a great modern iteration of the Frankenstein story, but in the last twenty years or so, its been done over and over again in various mediums. As I mentioned before, only time travel has been used more of late (the Terminator movies combine both of course).

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #459
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,163
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
sorry if you dont respond well to logic/reason/evidence. ill just skip it next time.
Word

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #460
Artistsean
Monkey Boy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,265
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...this-probably/
Quote:
What Would Clark Gregg Look Like
As The Vision? (Like This, Maybe)


Sounds like the artist's idea is that the the dead Coulsen's mind is put into the Vision.
An interesting idea. But I still want it to unfold like this: Hank Pym becomes an
Avenger. Pym is building Ultron. Pym uses his own brain for Ultron and Ultron
becomes evil. Ultron creates the Vision.
Maybe once all this has happened, and the Avengers get the Vision on their side,
instead of Wonder Man as the Vision's brain blue print, they could use Coulsen's mind
(from his dead body I guess).

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #461
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,021
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
To make Ultron interesting, a big chunk of the movie would have to be about Hank Pym. I dont see that happening. Not in TA2 anyway.

They can't even cover the story in the Ant-Man movie since the movie will be about his shrinking technology. And even if they did cover Ultron's backstory in Ant-Man, Joss Whedon would never write a TA2 story that absolutely required you to see another movie first in order to follow.

Best case scenario is that they introduce Ultron as a friendly AI in TA2, subtely foreshadow his malevolence toward the end, and then have him be a villain in TA3.

Personally I dont care if they ever get to Ultron as I think the whole "AI turns on its creator" storyline has been done to death recently. Dont get me wrong, its a great modern iteration of the Frankenstein story, but in the last twenty years or so, its been done over and over again in various mediums. As I mentioned before, only time travel has been used more of late (the Terminator movies combine both of course).
Yeah, I see your point about that. Ultron has a cool look and a nice history with the team but he doesn't have the spark of originality that makes Galactus or Magneto such fasinating villains.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #462
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 161
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Think it's kind of funny that people seem to get bent out of shape if it's even suggested that Ultron be included in a film without Hank Pym because it's canon, but using Caulson's brainwaves for the Vision in place of Simon Williams is perfectly fine

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #463
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,012
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Because Pym and Ultron define each other as characters, whereas Vision and Wonder Man... do not

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #464
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 161
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Oh, ok. Haven't read old issues in a LONG time, but I seemed to remember it being a big deal with the Vision and Simon's brainwaves/personality traits. Must be remembering it wrong. Thanks for clarifying. Though I think it's really just about people wanting Coulson back. Lol

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #465
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 1,067
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Can Marvel include Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in their movies? or is she over at Sony?

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #466
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
Can Marvel include Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) in their movies? or is she over at Sony?

Since no studio has ever hinted at developing the character, it's impossible to tell who has the rights. But it would be surprising as hell if Sony did, since Spider-Woman is in no way, shape or form associated with the Spider-Man mythos.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #467
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Because Pym and Ultron define each other as characters, whereas Vision and Wonder Man... do not
Vision was actually defined heavily as being a Williams boy for his first hundred issues or so. In fact, until Wonder Man came back and they established that Vision was his own person, the official stance was that Vision WAS Wonder Man in a new body. This was central to many of the team's 1960s-1970s battles with the Grim Reaper.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #468
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy
 
MoPlaYa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5,001
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

__________________
PSN: Moplaya
Add me!!! I can always use more friends!!
MoPlaYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 AM   #469
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,599
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I'd like to see Eliza Dushku for a role. Considering her connections to Whedon, it's a good idea? Maybe as Janet Pym/Wasp? or if they ever acknowledge the existance of mutants/X-Men etc, maybe Scarlet Witch?






smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #470
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Dushku would make a good Wanda; and Kevin Feige has already stated that Marvel Studios can use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but not with a mutant background. They'd have to have "ordinary" superpowers. Maybe magical.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #471
cleverusername8
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 945
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Dushku would make a good Wanda; and Kevin Feige has already stated that Marvel Studios can use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but not with a mutant background. They'd have to have "ordinary" superpowers. Maybe magical.
Sure this is probably just me but I don't want to see any witchcraft turning up in the Avengers movies whih is why I've desperately hoped that Dr. Strange would not join the roster (thankfully I don't think he will). Thor is about as much as I can tolerate with magic in the film. They could be more creative than that I think.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #472
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Sure this is probably just me but I don't want to see any witchcraft turning up in the Avengers movies whih is why I've desperately hoped that Dr. Strange would not join the roster (thankfully I don't think he will). Thor is about as much as I can tolerate with magic in the film. They could be more creative than that I think.
Like it or no, magic and the supernatural are as much a part of the superhero genre as sci-fi and wonky pseudo-science. It's inevitable that magic will go full spread in the MCU with Dr. Strange, and the jury is still out on whether Thor's high fantasy is straight-up wizardry or Clarke's Law magi-sci.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #473
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,021
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I'm kind of hoping to see a European actress play Wanda to be honest. Someone like Gemma Arterton or Michelle Ryan.

__________________
Mutant and proud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #474
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 10,628
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Like it or no, magic and the supernatural are as much a part of the superhero genre as sci-fi and wonky pseudo-science. It's inevitable that magic will go full spread in the MCU with Dr. Strange, and the jury is still out on whether Thor's high fantasy is straight-up wizardry or Clarke's Law magi-sci.
I agree. I don't understand how someone can accept one type of fantasy but not another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I'm kind of hoping to see a European actress play Wanda to be honest. Someone like Gemma Arterton or Michelle Ryan.
Olga Kurylenko

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #475
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,624
Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Doesnt really bother me where they're from as long as they look the part, have talent and can do the accent. That's about it, really.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.