The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 08-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #51
TheBoyWonder
Side-Kick

Default Re: Dc Direct Arkham asylum/ Arkham city figures Discussion

Hey all,

I picked up the Riddler and Killer Croc yesterday to start my collection of this line. Both look awesome but I am a bit afraid to open my Killer Croc after reading all of the horror stories on Amazon about his arm falling off. I suppose eventually I will give in and open it, he looks way too cool to stay in the box, and I'm usually a MOC collector.

Would LOVE to find a Bane from Arkham Asylum but really cant justify spending $200. Wish I had jumped on it sooner......

TheBoyWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #52
Tyguyhunt007
Newbie First Class

I ordered the Arkham City Series 1 figures (Infected Bats, Robin, Harley) on eBay a little over a week ago and the seller cancelled my order today. I'm pretty angry about it, as I was getting the set for a decent price. Time to start exploring other options...

Tyguyhunt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #53
action8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyguyhunt007 View Post
I ordered the Arkham City Series 1 figures (Infected Bats, Robin, Harley) on eBay a little over a week ago and the seller cancelled my order today. I'm pretty angry about it, as I was getting the set for a decent price. Time to start exploring other options...
Oh that sucks... Sorry Dude but I have been in several comic stores since these came out and all three have been in stock so they aren't too hard to find

action8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #54
action8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder View Post
Hey all,

I picked up the Riddler and Killer Croc yesterday to start my collection of this line. Both look awesome but I am a bit afraid to open my Killer Croc after reading all of the horror stories on Amazon about his arm falling off. I suppose eventually I will give in and open it, he looks way too cool to stay in the box, and I'm usually a MOC collector.

Would LOVE to find a Bane from Arkham Asylum but really cant justify spending $200. Wish I had jumped on it sooner......
Congrats man... yeah these figures are the best out there... I got my bane back in March ... I was travelling and walked into a Comic store in a town I had never been and there he was sitting on the shelf with a $17.99 price tag... I was estatic

Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #55
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

what's everyone's favourite so far ?
my top two atm are infected Bruce and Nurse Harley from AA
i really like hush aswell

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #56
action8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
yeah the hush figure is pretty awesome....Joker with Scarface is amazing

Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #57
Jokesonuhahaha6
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
Im between bane, sickened joker and riddler! Theyre all amazing but those are my top figures

Jokesonuhahaha6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #58
ScarecrowMan666
The God of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face Killer View Post
I see that you live in VA ScarecrowMan, how far from Hagerstown, MD? I lived down that way last year when I worked in Winchester, VA so I would go Atomic Comics in Hagerstown. They have a ton of stuff there. They had the ghoul batman from the movie masters line for like $20 and that was 3 years after the line was in stores so they will likely have the earlier AA figures. I bought all of wave 1 there last summer. If you're near there you should hit them up. Good luck.
Hey man, Winchester and Hagerstown are up north from me. About 6-8 hours away sadly. I live in Southwest Va, and I'm extremely close to the VA/KY border. A little nothing of a town called Haysi. There's literally nothing here. We have one comic shop about 30 minutes away, but the guy that runs the place said he wouldn't be getting any of the older stuff in, only the new waves.

WHY SO SERIOUS?
ScarecrowMan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #59
Dark Ice
Newbie First Class

My Top 5 Are:

- Bane
- Sickened Joker
- Armored Batman
- Scarecrow
- Joker w/Scarface

I'm sure once Titan Joker is released he will replace someone on this list.

also finally just got the 2010 Comic Con Battle Damaged Batman for what I thought was a fair price. I didn't want to hold out any longer for it given its such limited run, they pretty much just keep going up in value year over year. my Arkham collection is now fully complete sans the new wave of figures that are coming soon.

Dark Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #60
MovieMasterJohn
Side-Kick

I opened up Riddler. Amazing figure out of the package. Joker and Scarface is my other fav. Upcoming Penguin looks awesome. Got the whole wave on order from my comic shop.

MovieMasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #61
Dark Ice
Newbie First Class

yeah the Riddler figure is really nice, as well as Hush. and yes, the Penguin looks amazing, probably my favorite out of the new wave, based only on the pics i've seen of course. can't wait to see it in person.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #62
MovieMasterJohn
Side-Kick

I haven't opened up Hush yet. I will. I just need to clean and put up shelving. Prob gonna go for the Ikea case with door as my cats like to watch thing fall off shelves. Since I have the next wave on preorder I haven't bought any Batman variants as the next wave one will serve as the Batman from the line for me. I like infected one, but I don't buy many variants as I buy a lot as is.

MovieMasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #63
Two-Face Killer
Child of Mental Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowMan666 View Post
Hey man, Winchester and Hagerstown are up north from me. About 6-8 hours away sadly. I live in Southwest Va, and I'm extremely close to the VA/KY border. A little nothing of a town called Haysi. There's literally nothing here. We have one comic shop about 30 minutes away, but the guy that runs the place said he wouldn't be getting any of the older stuff in, only the new waves.
Dang too bad you're not further north, I used to hit the jackpot in the Hagerstown-Martinsburg area last year at Walmart, Target and other stores when looking for figures. If you want I can check out the comic store in town up here for some of the AA line and then check a few in southern NH when I go up there this weekend. It would just be cost + shipping like we do in the MM forum. I still see some of the original ones up here in Massachusetts...of course now that I'm looking to get them they won't be there

Let me know.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #64
Jokesonuhahaha6
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dang too bad you're not further north, I used to hit the jackpot in the Hagerstown-Martinsburg area last year at Walmart, Target and other stores when looking for figures. If you want I can check out the comic store in town up here for some of the AA line and then check a few in southern NH when I go up there this weekend. It would just be cost + shipping like we do in the MM forum. I still see some of the original ones up here in Massachusetts...of course now that I'm looking to get them they won't be there

Let me know.
Can u look for an armored batman or batlle damaged batman for me? Thanks

Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #65
Two-Face Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesonuhahaha6 View Post
Can u look for an armored batman or batlle damaged batman for me? Thanks
Sure, I'll look for them. Not sure I'll find the battle damaged one, isn't that the comic con exclusive? I'll let you know if I find them.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #66
Jokesonuhahaha6
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sure, I'll look for them. Not sure I'll find the battle damaged one, isn't that the comic con exclusive? I'll let you know if I find them.
Yeah! Thanks

Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #67
Dark Ice
Newbie First Class

yeah you very likely won't find the battled damaged batman in stores, even comic shop owners who bought some at Comic Con back in 2010 have mostly already sold them off by now..you pretty much have to buy it off other collectors now like I had to.

The only way i see a comic shop selling them NOW is if someone came and sold them theirs (at below market dealer price), then the comic shop re-sold it at it's current market go-rate ($60-$80).

Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #68
TheBoyWonder
Side-Kick

Shock Re: Dc Direct Arkham asylum/ Arkham city figures Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by action8 View Post
Congrats man... yeah these figures are the best out there... I got my bane back in March ... I was travelling and walked into a Comic store in a town I had never been and there he was sitting on the shelf with a $17.99 price tag... I was estatic
Wow $17.99. That's an incredible find. At this point, I've pretty much given up on finding Bane. I will resort to ebay/amazon for figures that are hard to find and 10-25$ more than retail (I justify it by figuring I will spend at least that much on time/gas), but I just don't think I can spend $150 plus on a figure that was released a few years ago for 15$ or so. Plus my girlfriend might kill me.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #69
action8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wow $17.99. That's an incredible find. At this point, I've pretty much given up on finding Bane. I will resort to ebay/amazon for figures that are hard to find and 10-25$ more than retail (I justify it by figuring I will spend at least that much on time/gas), but I just don't think I can spend $150 plus on a figure that was released a few years ago for 15$ or so. Plus my girlfriend might kill me.
Yeah it was pretty amazing ... and I understand biting the bullet and paying more for a figure I have had to do it a time or two. I understand the girlfriend thing I have been married for 10 years so I understand you have to pick your battles.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #70
Tyguyhunt007
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Haha convincing a girlfriend to support the habit is difficult, especially when the collecting gets expensive.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #71
TheBoyWonder
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyguyhunt007 View Post
Haha convincing a girlfriend to support the habit is difficult, especially when the collecting gets expensive.

Yea, she has been cool about it all along but everytime I "add to the collection" I can see the gears turning in her head like "not another one..." Hopefully someday I will find a Bane at a reasonable price, or be able to swing a trade.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #72
Two-Face Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesonuhahaha6 View Post
Yeah! Thanks
I was able to check a couple stores over the weekend and I had no luck finding the armored Batman for you, sorry. The only Batman I saw was the detective mode one. I actually didn't see any AA figures at all. I used to see Poison Ivy and Zsasz all the time (fairly recently) but now that I'm looking for them for people I can't find any of them.... I have one more store to hit up so all is not lost.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #73
Jokesonuhahaha6
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was able to check a couple stores over the weekend and I had no luck finding the armored Batman for you, sorry. The only Batman I saw was the detective mode one. I actually didn't see any AA figures at all. I used to see Poison Ivy and Zsasz all the time (fairly recently) but now that I'm looking for them for people I can't find any of them.... I have one more store to hit up so all is not lost.
Believe! Lol i know about a month ago there was an AA harley quinn at my comic shop and then now they have no arkham asylum at all!

Old 08-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #74
Tyguyhunt007
Newbie First Class

Got my Mad Hatter in the mail today. Gotta say, even though the figure looks great I'm not that impressed. The articulation is just awful, but I do understand that this isn't the only figure in this line with that problem. He will look good on my shelf, just hard to pose.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #75
citzjustice
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ice View Post
I've heard about this too, supposedly there is a defect/build quality issue with the shoulder to arm joint on the figure and that the joint can give way and break fairly easily when articulating the arm, some people on the amazon reviews say the arms can even just pop off and break on it's own under the heavier than usual weight of the arm, but who knows how true this is.

I have no idea if DC has officially acknowledged this directly yet and/or has done anything about it. details are somewhat sketchy if it's just a few batches of these that are affected in this manner, or if all of them are vulnerable to this happening at some degree, with occurrences just being totally random based on how they are handled.

Has anyone else heard any more info on this and if DC has addressed it at all? I already have my figure, but I'm just curious to know..

It is a bit concerning that this figure has this issue as it is such an awesome and bad ass figure that's integral to the collection. I keep mine mint in box so I have not actually handled it so I can't personally comment on it too much, though everything looks secure and fine from the packaging window. Given this however I would probably say to be safe that this is not a figure to be played with or handled by children, which is somewhat a shame, but probably won't affect MIB collectors as much.

Still very disappointing that DC would put out a shotty figure, especially on their more expensive Deluxe line. not even sure how this stuff even makes it past design & development so much quality control.
-----------
I've had TWO that had the left arm just fall off w/in a day or two and just by moving it up and down a couple times; on my third but scared to touch; same w/ Freeze's left leg; broke right off while GETTING IT OUT OF THE PACKAGE!!!! Definately not coincidence; the material connecting the limbs of both figures looks identical and are crap!

citzjustice is offline   Reply With Quote