The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #26
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

The one she said was not real I can identify as this:

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #27
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

^ But got to admit, would've loved seeing a whip wrapped around her like that. Dare to dream.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #28
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Well, that's the beauty of it. Anne's Catwoman is much more realistic than Pfeiffer's
I'm not sure how true that is. Pfeiffer's Catwoman had an implicitly supernatural element, but I don't think the meat and bones of the actresses performance were any less believable than AH's. While likeable, I tend to think that AH's Selina seems too balanced and well adjusted to become Catwoman. MP's unhinged, fetishistic Catwoman is, to me, a bit more psychologically plausible than AH's.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #29
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I'm not sure how true that is. Pfeiffer's Catwoman had an implicitly supernatural element, but I don't think the meat and bones of the actresses performance were any less believable than AH's. While likeable, I tend to think that AH's Selina seems too balanced and well adjusted to become Catwoman. MP's unhinged, fetishistic Catwoman is, to me, a bit more psychologically plausible than AH's.
I did not mean the actresses themselves, but their characters. Pfeiffer's Catwoman would not fit in Nolan's universe at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Indeed, she has the best personality. Have you seen any more Anne movies since our last PM conversation, Demon Hunter?
Unfortunately, I haven't AnneFan. Haven't had the time to really watch anything. At the moment I'm trying to study hard for some exams of mine and when I'm through with them, I'm turning my attention back to Anne's movies The only thing I've seen of her the last days are some interviews, but I can rarely find ones I haven't seen already. So thank you for the one you posted, this was indeed a new one

Old 08-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #30
MultipleJesuses
Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I saw the video as her referring to two different pics. She said one of the Catwoman ones wasn't her(it might have been her stunt double?) and that another one was an undies one. I don't see it the way they're reporting it.
The Catwoman one was a cgi render (not sure who told me that but it was someone on the hype) so maybe thats what she means? Didn't see the undies one at all though.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #31
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
I did not mean the actresses themselves, but their characters. Pfeiffer's Catwoman would not fit in Nolan's universe at all.
Of course she wouldn't. Each character is heavily moulded by their respective directors.

The actresses gave their all... so any problems you might have lies with how the directors approached them. It all depends on your tastes.

For me, I prefer the slightly more psychotic and emotionally damaged Catwoman.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #32
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Of course she wouldn't. Each character is heavily moulded by their respective directors.

The actresses gave their all... so any problems you might have lies with how the directors approached them. It all depends on your tastes.

For me, I prefer the slightly more psychotic and emotionally damaged Catwoman.
Yeah, exactly. I never said I didn't like Pfeiffer's Catwoman. I was just responding to regwec, about what I felt is the difference between her's and Anne's Catwoman

P.S I like your avatar!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #33
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
The one she said was not real I can identify as this:
Ugh! That looks horrible. I'm glad they didn't go with that costume.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #34
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Yep, I greatly prefer the direction they went in the movie.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #35
regwec
Shakespearo

I thought the costume was the worst thing about TDKR's Catwoman, but it is preferable to the manip above, since that is a very poor execution of the cowl design.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #36
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought the costume was the worst thing about TDKR's Catwoman, but it is preferable to the manip above, since that is a very poor execution of the cowl design.
I'm actually glad they nixed the cowl totally. And I loved her costume and the fact that she was sane.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #37
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
I'm actually glad they nixed the cowl totally.
Why?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #38
Kansiov
Side-Kick

Quote:
Poor jmc.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #39
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansiov View Post
Poor jmc.
lol what? Was he the one who asked for that?

I wish there were someone in the crowd during that video who asked her to sign a still from Havoc or L&OD. Her reaction to that would've been priceless.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #40
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why?
Aesthetic reasons. I like the nod to Julie Newmar with the exposed long hair. It looks better on Anne. I also like the goggles doubling as subtle cat ears. Quite clever of Lindy.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #41
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I wish there were someone in the crowd during that video who asked her to sign a still from Havoc or L&OD. Her reaction to that would've been priceless.
I remember reading a story that Anne refused to sign one of her "more sensual" photos.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #42
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
I remember reading a story that Anne refused to sign one of her "more sensual" photos.
Oh really? But why would she refuse that, since she posed for it? What if she were doing a Love & Other Drugs premiere and people wanted her to sign stills from that? Her nakedness featured quite heavily in that, so it would be quite natural to present her with a picture of that.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
Kansiov
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
lol what? Was he the one who asked for that?

I believe the fanart is his. He made it before the Catwoman reveal in August of last year.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #44
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, I greatly prefer the direction they went in the movie.
Yeah, the funny part is that back when that was made people here were loving the crap out it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansiov View Post
I believe the fanart is his. He made it before the Catwoman reveal in August of last year.
It was made way before that.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #45
kvz5
HBIC

I've always liked that manip and I still do. *shrug*

Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #46
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I've always liked that manip and I still do. *shrug*
Same here, it's a nice concept that I was expecting Nolan to do but I'm also glad he went for a more old school look. He did several things in TDKR that I never expect he would do but did.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #47
kvz5
HBIC

My friend (who just saw TDKR today) and I were having some discussions about Selina. Obviously, the implication in the end is she's done being a burglar and she'll be starting fresh with Bruce but my friend said that she felt that she'll go back to being a thief had Bruce died. I told her that my impression is that she wanted to start fresh (hence her aggressively seeking out the "clean slate" program) regardless of whether Bruce died or not. And in a way, I felt that she wanted to prove Bruce right even if he died. My friend did bring up a good point though that being a burglar is what Selina is and she lives for the excitement of it (at least in the comics). Somehow, my impression is that Nolan's Selina isn't exactly like that and this one wanted that fresh start. I'm curious what people's thoughts are?

Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #48
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
My friend (who just saw TDKR today) and I were having some discussions about Selina. Obviously, the implication in the end is she's done being a burglar and she'll be starting fresh with Bruce but my friend said that she felt that she'll go back to being a thief had Bruce died. I told her that my impression is that she wanted to start fresh (hence her aggressively seeking out the "clean slate" program) regardless of whether Bruce died or not. And in a way, I felt that she wanted to prove Bruce right even if he died. My friend did bring up a good point though that being a burglar is what Selina is and she lives for the excitement of it (at least in the comics). Somehow, my impression is that Nolan's Selina isn't exactly like that and this one wanted that fresh start. I'm curious what people's thoughts are?
She does steal the necklace, but that is a bonus while lifting the fingerprints from the safe. She steals Bruce's Lambo, and that can be seen as one-upsmanship. You've taken the necklace, but cat's got your car now, kind of thing. She is very good at stealing, no doubt about it. Her criminal record is representative of that. She sells the fingerprints to Daggett because she wants the clean slate. She doesn't get it. We then see her in front of his safe, in the act of stealing, in an attempt to start fresh. She then demands it from him at gunpoint. It is clear she wants this equipment and wants to use it. For example she said she'd help Batman out with the batpod, then ride out of town straight away. She changes her mind and Bruce/Batman is a reason for that. Whether or not she wants to continue that thieving lifestyle, just without a record and identity, remains to be seen. If so it would be from people that are well off (people not like Bruce!), for example how she helped that boy and returned his apple.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #49
kthevs
Banned User

Quote:
"Once you've done what you had to do, they'll never let you do what you want to do." It's something along those lines. She doesn't want to be a thief anymore.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #50
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought that her initial motivation for the clean slate was because she felt boxed in and was close to being caught anyway. I do think her motivation changes towards the end.

Closed Thread