The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #201
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Default Re: One Universe: Independents Edition Season I OOC Thread

So I've got an idea for a story arc down the line (have 2 arcs to get through with the Turtles before I get there) involving a multiverse traveling idea.

Just wanted to post about it to see if anyone is interested in joining up. If so, MSN me or PM me or whatever and I can give you more details.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #202
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Following my announcement in OE, I'm going to drop out of this game too.

Which sucks because I really want to finish off the Winchester storyline, and really want to go places with Sam and The Master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #203
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

If your suckness had a face, I would punch it...

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #204
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

When I get back from the beach...I will probably be putting in an app for "Flint" and begin the GI Joe Concept I discussed in the Best Laid Plans thread. I just need a few more days to think things through on it...but I have the basic concept/ and potential arcs almost road mapped.

Looking forward to it.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #205
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Awesome.

I should have a Leonardo post up today or tomorrow.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #206
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Well guess who discovered his in-laws have wi-fi at the beach house, and whose wife brought her lap-top along. I thought about this all day on the beach and figured it was time to get to it.

One Universe: Independents Edition RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name: MST3K 4ever

Character you'd like to portray:Dashiell R. Faireborn: Flint

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest:Flint is a born leader that inspires those under his command, a brilliant military strategist, a special forces soldier and a chopper pilot as well.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): There are so many variations from so many comics, so for now I'll go with the one most familar to me GI Joe: A Real American Hero. Marvel Comics.

Fictional history of the character: Dashiell was a Rhodes Scholar with a degree in English Literature, but Dashiell found the academic life boring and longed for adventure so he joined the military.

It was his training in the world of academics that gave Dashiell the drive he needed to succeed in the Military. Graduating at the top of his class in Special Forces, Airborne Training, and Warrant Officers school.

Dashiell led several missions successful missions into hostile territory, and it was this success that caught the attention of Conrad "Duke" Hauser of GI Joe who recruited him to be a part of the elite fighting. Dashiell was given the code name Flint.

Flint went on to become 3rd in command at GI Joe, and earned the respect of those who served with him. He also would fall in love with one of those he served with: Allison Hart Burnett code-named: Lady Jaye.

Flint's career in GI Joe could not have gone any better if he wanted it to. He was respected and well-loved, COBRA feared him, and if the day came when Hawk would step down it looked as though it was a virtual tie between he and Duke as to who would actually get command of GI Joe.

That was until a mission into Qa'Tar, Kuwait. Flint and 10 other Joes were framed for an assassination they did not committ. However all the evidence pointed to them and they were not only thrown out of GI Joe, but were sentenced to life in prison in a completely automated prison on an island called Bella-Cava that no one but General Hawk knew of. Where they were not only cut off from the rest of the world, but they were cut off from having contact with one another as well. (Sample post will pick up from here)

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character:I really like GI Joe and Flint has always been one of my favorites. This is a unique spin in the sense that this is not GI Joe vs COBRA, but this is a newly formed GI Joe unit against a much larger threat than COBRA. Flint must now lead a unit that is dealing with the loss of their lively-hood, their names/ranks, their families all think they are dead, and the equipment they are using is somewhat outdated just to name a few of his challenges. Flint has a lot of challenges ahead of him and how he deals with them is the basis of the character.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:; I am in several of the RPGs so I know the players here. I was playing in RPGs before most of the people in the Hype RPGs were even born so I have been around a time or two.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG:When I can even more when I am involved in an Arc.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

It was said in "The Shawshank Redemption" that in prison a man will do just about anything to keep his mind occupied, and Warrant Officer Dashiell "Flint" Faireborn is no exception.

Flint sits in his stone solitary cell. He watches as the moonlight shines through a set of bars on the top of a window-sill shining onto a drawing he made of Lady Jaye out of rocks he found in cell.

He turns to the stone drawing and says, "Well hello beautiful nice to see you again. What shall we talk about tonight?"

Flint sits there as though the picture will respond and he says, "We talked about that last night. How about we talk about the mission into London? The one where I had to repel off of Big Ben to save you and Stalker from being gunned down by the Dreadnocks. That's always a fun one. Okay you start."

Flint nods as though the picture is talking to him and he says, "Yeah you always did have issues with waiting for the right moment. Go on..."

Flint stares at the picture and then moves his hand over it.

He says, "I'm so sorry it didn't work out the way we planned Allison. No use in calling you Lady Jaye anymore, I'm not in GI Joe anymore. I haven't been since...since...he was thrown in here. Whenever that was."

Flint's mind drifts back to the day of the Military Tribunal and hearing the charages read against them, the other Joes with him professing outrage at the charges and claming they were set-up by someone, how he just stood there stone faced knowing that no matter what they said or did they were going to jail for life. This was one battle he couldn't find a way out of.

Perhaps the most painful moment more painful than feeling his rank being ripped from his uniform was the last time he saw Lady Jaye as they led him and the others away. She said she would dedicate her life to freeing him and the others. Flint told her he loved her and to forget about them this war was over.

Just then his automated cell-door opens. Flint knows to stand back and let the service droid come in otherwise an electrical shock would be used, but this time there is no service droid. In fact there is no one there and for the first time in a long time he looks across the hall and sees another door open. Flint sees his long time friend and former GI Joe teammate Roadblock.

The two men approach each other in the hall and just stare at one another for a moment. Then the two men embrace one another. Both men are now weeping as Flint says, "It's great seeing you again Marvin!"

Marvin replies, "You too Dash! You too!"

Before they know it the hall is filled with the other 9 joes and everyone is embracing each other and weeping.

Then suddenly there is a high-pitched whistle and everyone turns to see standing before them a bald-headed man with a goatee and camo-fatigues who says, "All-right break it up. You all have a lot of work ahead of you!"

Flint says, "General Hawk?"

Hawk nods....(And the first post will pick up from here)

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 05-26-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #207
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

(Tapping on the microphone)...Hello...is anyone out there? Anything on my app?Helloooooooo.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #208
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

The GM is ****ing up!

I'm one of the GMs. I still stand by my statement!

MST, you are APPROVED

Below The Bible Belt
Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #209
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
The GM is ****ing up!

I'm one of the GMs. I still stand by my statement!

MST, you are APPROVED
Thanks Byrd. No promises I will try to have post up tonight. Again no promises.

The first few posts are going to be laying down the groundwork so please be patitent and I will try to make it worth while in terms of telling a (hopefully) interesting story.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #210
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

As long as you're posting, it's all good.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 05-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #211
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

To say the two posts are lengthy is an understatement.

However they set things up and a good chunk of expostion is out of the way.

Hope you all enjoy.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #212
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Leo and Optimus posts will be up Sunday for realz.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #213
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

And that is how you do a cliff-hanger! I am really enjoying the GI Joe thing.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #214
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Picard and the turtles are about to whip some Xenomorph butt.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #215
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

GI Joe post coming up in 24 hours.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #216
Carnage27
No one's puppet

I know this game is dying, but I'll be damned if I don't keep it twitching! Leo post coming and....

One Universe: Independents Edition RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name:
Carnage27

Character you'd like to portray:
Buffy Summers, the Slayer

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest:
As the Slayer, she has superhuman strength, agility, speed, reflexes, endurance, and healing. She also has heightened senses and can detect supernatural creatures around her.

Buffy also has all the memories of all the Slayer line that came before her. This allows her prophetic dreams and gives her a natural fighting ability.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?):
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dark Horse Comics

Fictional history of the character:
Just a few years ago, Buffy Summers was a normal, teenage girl living in Los Angeles. She was popular, rich, and to be honest snobbish. But that all changed when the Watcher known as Merrick showed up at her door claiming she was the Slayer, destined to help man fight against the supernatural evils of the world. Merrick trained her in the ways of the Slayer to prepare her, even though she was still wary of her destiny.

Shortly after that, the vampire Lothos invaded LA during the Ogdru Jahad incident, killing Merrick and forcing Buffy to take up the mantle of Slayer she now knew she had to do. She repelled Lothos's bid to take over the city, but in the process burnt down her school gym. The authorities and her mother believed it was a nervous break down, and the Summers moved out of LA and to the small town of Sunnydale.

Now Buffy looks to continue her life as the slayer in the quiet town. But things are not always what they seem. Sunnydale holds dark secrets and Buffy's emergence has drawn other interests.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?:
Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character:
I've always loved Serenity/Firefly, and after The Avengers, I figured it was time to catch up on other Whedon stuff. I know the game is dying, but I've enjoyed the show, and I want to try and play out a story in this shared universe.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:
A warm body that's able to post.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG:
Probably try to get a few posts in a week.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:
New school, new town, new set of social cliques and faux pas. Not the first time I've had to deal with it, but this is the first time after finding out I'm humanity's anointed weapon against the undead scourges of the world. And most of the people at this hellhole just seem interested in finding a date.

Like I was a few months ago. Seems like all it takes is a few blood-thirsty demons in your life to really show you what the important things in life are.

As I space out and traverse the new school's hallways, I bump into a mousey redhead, who drops her books in a nervous squeak, "Oh! Sorry, really! I didn't mean to. I fully accept your social humiliation."

I chuckle slightly, and smile at her. A year ago I never would have given a girl like this the time of day. Now? Well, she seems nice enough, "It's okay. Here, let me help you." I pick up a few of her books and offer her my hand, "My name's Buffy. I'm new here."

"Willow...nice to meet you," she responds/

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:

Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #217
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Buffy's approved! I'm gonna rewatch some Who episodes this weekend and that should get me in the mood to do some Doctor posting.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #218
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

I don't care if this game is dying or not...I started this GI Joe storyline...I'm still interested in having fun with it...there's still a lot stories that I got and even if I'm the only posting...I'll still keep going.

GI Joe post coming up soon.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #219
Carnage27
No one's puppet

So the game is basically dead. But I have one, final hurrah to go with it. I've finished writing down where I'm going to go with both of my characters, both of which will end up on the same team fighting a great threat.

The idea I have I believe is fairly epic, so if there are any of the other players out there that have a desire to read, I urge you to do so. I think it's by best put together idea in a long time.

After I finish, though, I'm probably gonna leave this thing to finally die a death.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #220
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

I get the vibe that this RPG is dying out as well...so with that in mind I will probably do one (more than likely two actually) post for a Finale.

It'll have some surprises along the way...but it will have a definete ending.

Pretty well got it all planned out...now it's time to execute.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #221
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Okay so I went a couple posts over...but...I think it was worth it to tie up everything up.

It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I was able to tell a story from start to finish and end it on my terms. I leave this RPG with no regrets and having read some really great stories on the way.

One more time: YO JOE!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #222
Carnage27
No one's puppet

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited by Carnage27; 08-19-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote