The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #126
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Default Re: What's Joker up too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
. He would love the fact Gotham went to hell.
He would not. Because this time he's not responsible for the chaos.
Nolan chose not to mention The Joker because of Heath's death. I can undertstand that. But on the other hand not mentioning him leaves too many questions. And am missing link in the trilogy IMHO.

I mean in "The Dark Knight Returns" Joker came back after Bats had his comeback. So I guess with Heath still alive this could have happened in the Nolanverse as well.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #127
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 07-31-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #128
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Already posted ^

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #129
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I thought so, having seen it in the awesome pics thread. Just thought it needed reposting. That scene would be satisfactory for me.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #130
shauner111
Side-Kick

Man, someone really has to do a graphic novel with Heaths Joker, flashback to where he was during the events of Rises.

Since we'll never get that JGL series, how do u think a story would play out if Joker escaped Arkham? He knows of Banes revolution, i imagine he didnt agree with it, didnt like that Batman was absent. Laughed his ASS off when he heard Bane reading that letter from Gordon with the truth coming out..but cheered like a maniac when The Batman returned to defeat Bane.

Maybe he hears of Batmans passing but either doesnt buy it, or he gets extremely excited once he hears of a new Batman, or a new symbol carrying on through Gotham. (whatever Blake ends up being)

The Joker is somebody who is extremely clever, he could have broken out of Arkham nearly anytime he wanted. I bet the security is pretty intense for him but he can manage. If Batman was gone for 8 years, which he was, Joker would lose his mojo. If Batman or some new symbol inspired by Batman comes around again...THAT is when Joker will strike. He would now have a purpose.

It's so sad that Heath died, just speaking about the films here, he would have had a small role in a cell. Maybe he would have killed Bane instead of Catwoman, and disappeared into thin air. Who knows, but Joker would have been one bad-ass villain to have in a new series with Robin Blake as the hero. I dont like the idea of Bruce returning to Gotham to be Batman again but if he were to return it would ONLY be because Joker has come and killed Blake (Death In The Family). But even i wouldnt want this. It would have hypothetically been amazing to see Bruce at least train Blake in Italy and tell him stories about his encounters with the Joker. In that way Ras told Bruce stories to inspire him, or how Alfred told that good ol' tangerine story to Bruce so he can understand men like Joker. A similar scene between Bruce and Robin would have been so well played out. A great parallel.

My dream pairing for Joker and Harley would have been Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy. And now they're both gone. Incredibly sad. RIP

Last edited by shauner111; 07-31-2012 at 07:34 PM.
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #131
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

We will never know what would happened in this third movie if Heath would be still alive.
I guess on TDKR's circumstances The Joker would try to take control of Gotham on his own. On the other hand with Heath still alive the script for Nolan's third Batman movie could have been completely different. Maybe no Bane, maybe no nuclear bomb, maybe no Talia. But Joker still wild. We'll never know.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #132
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I thought so, having seen it in the awesome pics thread. Just thought it needed reposting. That scene would be satisfactory for me.
Yup it would

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #133
Gale
F&G already run this town

Even though it's a big thing where the Joker is at I never questioned about him during any of my viewings of TDKR, which is a good thing. It would be awesome if there was a comic made to fill that in though. It could be an Elseworlds of Nolan's Batworld so the writer isn't limited considering Bats wasn't seen ever again after that night.

Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #134
Lord
All Mighty

Maybe died during that time

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #135
Jokers_Wild
Always Smiling

The Joker could've definitely been the judge of Bane's kangaroo court. He would've loved the theatricality of it, sentencing Gotham's corrupt and wealthy to exile. Would've been terrific to have Jonathan Crane arguing the case of someone as attorney to the Joker as judge, and the Joker overruling him as a complete farce. The Joker would've loved that Gotham was in turmoil, as long as he was in on the punchline.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #136
uniqueweasel
Don't Drink and Bake

I would of loved to have seen just a scene with how the Joker would interact with Bane, I always felt in TDK some of his best moments are the interrogation and the Nurse Joker and Two Face scenes, where we see how he interacts with them.

uniqueweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #137
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The Joker is referenced quite a few times in the novelisation. For example this:
Quote:
Wedge-shaped metal barricades, installed after the Joker's reign of terror, rose up at the mouth of the street. The barricades were intended to stop any truck bombs from crashing into the stock exchange.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #138
Drizzle
Bangarang, Robin

Here's my idea if the Joker were to be a part of TDKR:

Go by the canon in the TDKR novel, where Joker is the only inmate still locked up in Arkham, for a number of reasons. However, a bunch of his goons are locked up in Blackgate. When Bane releases the prisoners, a bunch of Joker's men overtake Arkham and release him. The Joker and his thugs pretty much set up shop in the Narrows as their turf. Bane ignores them, as he doesn't consider Joker to be much of a threat to them since he's planning on destroying Gotham anyway. Joker amasses an army of thugs and on the last day before the bomb goes off, they march on city hall and go up against Bane's army and the cops. Joker is nowhere to be found. After Talia reveals herself and Bane is about to shoot Batman, Joker shows up and blasts Bane with a shotgun (instead of having Catwoman blast him with the Batpod). Bane is still alive, but barely. Instead, Joker plays with him, taking off his mask and asking him "How did you get those scars?" Bane dies. Joker turns to Batman and says, "I couldn't let him kill you! We're destined to do this forever, remember?" Fed up with everything, Batman just knocks him out and ties him up with the rope that Bane had, leaving him for the cops. Catwoman then shows up on the Batpod and everything happens as it did.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #139
shauner111
Side-Kick

^If Heath were alive, that's probably what would happen, or at least i would like to imagine

Right when Bane says "We both know i have to kill you now. You'll just have to imagine the fire.." He holds a shotgun to Batmans head, a shot of another shotgun being held to the side of Banes head is shown. A massive gun shot goes off but Bane is the body that drops. A spin of the camera shows Joker in a jumpsuit and his makeup on way more smudged. Batman is dazed but in complete shock. Joker plays with Banes mask (this would be way more creepy and Joker esque) while the dude is dead and lying there in a pool of blood. As for dialogue, i cant think of anything clever right now, but he would say something to Bane about how he couldnt let him do this & that...and something to Batman like "I told you we were destined to do this forever" like you said Drizzle.

I prefer Catwoman coming in and scaring off the Joker. He runs off before Batman can grab him, and disappears. Batman is still in shock that Jokers back and how Bane died but he has no time to reflect or catch him because he and Selina have to get to the bomb. So instead of the mighty Batpod missile that's launched into Bane, we get that shot of Catwoman riding the bat-pod through the corridor, through the glass and down the steps, then maybe she fires something huge at a big group of mercenaries ..killing all of them.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #140
The Guard
Side-Kick

I wouldn't have wanted to see The Joker in a cameo role in TDKR, like the "judge".

Even if Ledger had survived, I would rather The Joker just be mentioned, and deemed unfit for Bane's plan, which wasn't so much about chaos, but maintaining a strange order.

I would just have referenced that he was, in fact, in Arkham Asylum, and had Bane recognize the unpredictability of those inmates when he was releasing criminals. That, or I would have gone full out KNIGHTFALL, and had Bane release some of the Arkham inmates to run Batman ragged before breaking him, and then release Blackgate's inmates later on.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #141
Drizzle
Bangarang, Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I wouldn't have wanted to see The Joker in a cameo role in TDKR, like the "judge".

Even if Ledger had survived, I would rather The Joker just be mentioned, and deemed unfit for Bane's plan, which wasn't so much about chaos, but maintaining a strange order.

I would just have referenced that he was, in fact, in Arkham Asylum, and had Bane recognize the unpredictability of those inmates when he was releasing criminals. That, or I would have gone full out KNIGHTFALL, and had Bane release some of the Arkham inmates to run Batman ragged before breaking him, and then release Blackgate's inmates later on.
There's no way Ledger wouldn't have been in it if he was still alive.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #142
shauner111
Side-Kick

If he was still alive, they not only would have mentioned him in the film, but they would have either an Arkham scene and/or an ending that included him. There's no way to tell but i think they would have had Joker kill Bane in defense of Batman. That's just how i see their relationship playing out.

If Catwoman can kill him with the batpod, Joker could kill him too.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #143
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
That's about the most unsatisfying Joker conclusion I've ever seen. I'd rather no Joker, which thankfully is what we got over a scene with him just sitting in a cell. Pointless. Aside from that, Joker is without makeup so it would have been even more difficult to recast.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #144
marvelanddcfan
Side-Kick

well i dont know about joker in TDKR, but there is a youtube series called the joker blogs that follows the joker after the events of the dark knight, and it is magnificent. It might as well be official.

marvelanddcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #145
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
If he was still alive, they not only would have mentioned him in the film, but they would have either an Arkham scene and/or an ending that included him. There's no way to tell but i think they would have had Joker kill Bane in defense of Batman. That's just how i see their relationship playing out.

If Catwoman can kill him with the batpod, Joker could kill him too.
If Ledger had lived, we don't even know if Bane would be in the story, or to the extent that he was when they decided on him well after Ledger's death. So I think it's a bit dubious to see how Joker would fit into this TDKR as a cameo or a lesser role, etc. He'd probably escape and be at least on of e main villains if he was around. All or nothing, really.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #146
shauner111
Side-Kick

I dont think he would be one of the main villains because i dont see Nolan repeating himself. It seems like he didnt want to just do the joker again, or a watered down version of him (which he called the riddler). They were after something physical for Batman and i believe that would have been the idea whether heath lived or not. Thats why i say a cameo or something.

In my opinion, the physical challenge for Batman was always gonna happen afte the Joker. But if one big character from TDKR were to take a backseat to Joker it would have been Catwoman.

It's all speculation but i can see Joker having a small role, Talia's role expanded with Bane at the forefront. With Dents past still having a huge role. It's a shame Heath died, but NOW i just cant think of them completing their trilogy without Selina Kyle or tying things up with the League of Shadows. Im very happy with what we got so i dont wanna think of what could have happened.

My guess is he's still in Arkham right now. And Nightwing will be waiting if/when he breaks out

Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #147
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

I couldn't see them not using him big if he was still around....either that or just not at all.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #148
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelanddcfan View Post
well i dont know about joker in TDKR, but there is a youtube series called the joker blogs that follows the joker after the events of the dark knight, and it is magnificent. It might as well be official.
Got a link to that?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #149
marvelanddcfan
Side-Kick

Sure. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJokerBlogs

Oh, and here's my latest idea for a potential Joker cameo that would've rocked the movie. Don't know how long it'll stay up on youtube, but hope you get to see it anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDAPb4XLGM

- M&DC

marvelanddcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #150
Lots o lafs
The Champs Here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelanddcfan View Post
Sure. Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJokerBlogs

Oh, and here's my latest idea for a potential Joker cameo that would've rocked the movie. Don't know how long it'll stay up on youtube, but hope you get to see it anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDAPb4XLGM

- M&DC
That would have probably been the best thing I had ever seen.