Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #76
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I'm glad they didn't have sex in the movie. The lack of it made their attraction stronger. It's like Bats has this girl who's freely offering herself (Miranda) and yet he's still insanely drawn by this other woman who's not right for him on paper.

In the movie, he kinda looked passive. I blame though the camera angle but I think that was done because Batman's mask was stabbing Anne's face so they were trying to hide that.
Agree! He seemed thrown off by their first kiss, but surprisingly enjoyed it, so i'm sure he enjoyed the second kiss more especially since it actually seemed like it meant something. I believe he was the one to pull away though knowing he had a job to do with so little time.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #77
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
Agree! He seemed thrown off by their first kiss, but surprisingly enjoyed it, so i'm sure he enjoyed the second kiss more especially since it actually seemed like it meant something. I believe he was the one to pull away though knowing he had a job to do with so little time.
I actually perceived it as the opposite, whereas Selina pulled away from Batman. They're enjoying the moment, but both know there's a bomb and only a few short minutes to go. She separates from him and of course he responds by leaving her. Not like he wasn't into the kiss, but hey, there's a bomb about to go off! Business before pleasure!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #78
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Love your signature, Cassandra Cain.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #79
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

5 weeks later and I'm still hot for Anne's Selina/Catwoman.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #80
HelloThere
Newbie First Class

Can´t get over Anne´s Selina, yesterday i saw the movie for the 3rd time and aaaah she is amazing!

Old 08-21-2012, 03:29 AM   #81
aboutnici
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Me, too!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #82
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Another funny thing to note is how both Bruce and Selina were in Prison in some way during that 5 month period, course Selina was able to escape a lot sooner..but still amusing to think about.lol

Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #83
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Another funny thing to note is how both Bruce and Selina were in Prison in some way during that 5 month period, course Selina was able to escape a lot sooner..but still amusing to think about.lol
Hah, nice catch. Maybe they'll share prison stories.

I'm still wondering how long it's been since the bomb explosion in the cafe scene. In that scene with Fox, they said that Bruce fixed the auto pilot 6 months ago but I'm not convinced that the cafe scene is within that timeline. It could even be a year since then. I don't think Bruce would wait that long to let Alfred know that he's alive but Selina already has the pearls which leads to me to think that it might've been a while since they're at that stage in their relationship already where Bruce gave her the pearls as a sign of something longterm.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #84
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I don't think Bruce would wait that long to let Alfred know that he's alive but Selina already has the pearls which leads to me to think that it might've been a while since they're at that stage in their relationship already where Bruce gave her the pearls as a sign of something longterm.
Yeah, the necklace is symbolic that this is Bruce's girl. Not a fling but something substantial. It's over to the viewer really in regards to the timeline afterwards.

Imagine if Selina re-stole the necklace and Bruce didn't give back it to her. He's just like, you want it really bad, I can't find any better hiding spots and yeah, it does look good on you.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #85
kvz5
HBIC

^ Hah maybe she did steal it again and that's how Bruce found her (tracking and all). And he striked a deal with her that she can keep it in exchange for her going with him at some cafe and pretending to like him. Selina's a good actress after all. Poor Alfred.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #86
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Me three!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #87
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
^ Hah maybe she did steal it again and that's how Bruce found her (tracking and all). And he striked a deal with her that she can keep it in exchange for her going with him at some cafe and pretending to like him. Selina's a good actress after all. Poor Alfred.
....This is officially how I choose to interpret the ending.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #88
kthevs
Banned User

Giving a girl your dead mother's jewelry (especially if it's the only the only thing you have left of her)...that's a huge romantic gesture. People only do that to girls they're going to marry the girl or are locked into a very serious relatonship with. I ws shocked that the Nolan bros put such a huge romantic gesture into the movie. Not to mention that they're in the same cafe that Alfred wanted to see Bruce in with a wife. More romantic symbolism. And of course, that she's the only one from his past life that he keeps in his new life. Not even Alfred or Fox, or Gordon. He moves on from all of them. But, it works. It shows that Bruce has finally gotten over Rachel and moved on with his life. Plus, Rachel was a terrible fit for him anyway. She could never understand how broken he was. If he has to end up with someone, I'm glad it's Selina. But I'm also very curious as to how Bruce revealed to Selina that he was still alive. I knew something fishy was up when we didn't see her reaction when the bat blew up. She was obviously crying, but I guess Nolan didn't want us to see that.

Last edited by kthevs; 08-21-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #89
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Just popping in here to say I thought Hathaway was great (& very hot) as Catwoman. Conversation & action interactions with Bats all worked well I thought.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #90
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthevs View Post
Giving a girl your dead mother's jewelry (especially if it's the only the only thing you have left of her)...that's a huge romantic gesture. People only do that to girls they're going to marry the girl or are locked into a very serious relatonship with. I ws shocked that the Nolan bros put such a huge romantic gesture into the movie. Not to mention that they're in the same cafe that Alfred wanted to see Bruce in with a wife. More romantic symbolism. And of course, that she's the only one from his past life that he keeps in his new life. Not even Alfred or Fox, or Gordon. He moves on from all of them. But, it works. It shows that Bruce has finally gotten over Rachel and moved on with his life. Plus, Rachel was a terrible fit for him anyway. She could never understand how broken he was. If he has to end up with someone, I'm glad it's Selina. But I'm also very curious as to how Bruce revealed to Selina that he was still alive. I knew something fishy was up when we didn't see her reaction when the bat blew up. She was obviously crying, but I guess Nolan didn't want us to see that.
Agree! Though from where Selina and Gordon were, I don't think they can see the explosion, but definitely can hear it. For someone like her she showed pretty strong emotions when he was getting destroyed by Bane and found out it was Bruce, when she saw him alive coming back to Gotham, and when she asked him to escape with her, so I can only imagine her reaction to him surviving an explosion was stronger. Happyness, relief and even rage (lying to her about the autopilot lol). I would have liked to seen how they meet up again. Either surprised her when she was in another country with a clean slate, but I'd like to believe they left Gotham together with the clean slates. I could picture her trying to forget about Bruce after the explosion and the feelings she had for him, but certainly not being able to lol and he then shows up like many people have been writing in fan fictions. I highly doubt she would have tried stealing the pearls again. She wanted that part of her life to be over, she saw how much they meant to him, and after what she did, Bruce seems to smart to put them back in the same safe. So she probably wouldn't have been to find them even if she wanted to. Alfred got his wish was the point from Nolan on the cafe scene I'm sure, lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #91
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
....This is officially how I choose to interpret the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthevs View Post
My friend who I saw it with said she was actually expecting see them stand up and leave in the cafe scene and then a quick flash to her being pregnant.

On a serious note, I actually would've liked to have seen her and Gordon's expressions. Like would we see Gordon put a hand on her shoulder thinking she needs comforting (he did see her kiss Bats after all)? Would we see a flash of regret on her face and then it's back to the emotionless mask that she puts on to avoid showing vulnerability. Anyway, I wanted to see those personally.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #92
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

I guess you can start reading fan fictions I know that there are some that depict those scenes, exactly.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #93
kvz5
HBIC

I'm really tempted to read some fanfics but I've already been scarred by fanfics before. The ones I had the misfortune of reading were really, really bad/creepy. Like, what if they're 50 Shades of **** bad?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #94
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Yeah, that's what I usually fear as well. That's the reason why I stopped reading fanfics 8 years ago
Recently,however, I decided to read some.
Read those two, dunno if you're gonna like them or not, but you can give them a try. Would be interesting to hear your opinion about them.
This one is completed
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8360289/...in_the_Details
This one is ongoing - 3 chapters so far
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8358599/1/Pieces

Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #95
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

This scene had me all giddy... so beautiful.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #96
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

I cannot wait for the Blu-Ray. There was just so much greatness in TDKR, that even with the few criticisms I had, there is no way I can agree with people calling it Spider-Man 3/ROTJ or even a badly made film.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #97
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

If TDKR is Nolan on a bad day... then I hope he has many more of them.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #98
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Damn, she was so friggin' fine in this movie.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 08-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #99
rickfox
Devil

Quote:

My friend who I saw it with said she was actually expecting see them stand up and leave in the cafe scene and then a quick flash to her being pregnant.

On a serious note, I actually would've liked to have seen her and Gordon's expressions. Like would we see Gordon put a hand on her shoulder thinking she needs comforting (he did see her kiss Bats after all)? Would we see a flash of regret on her face and then it's back to the emotionless mask that she puts on to avoid showing vulnerability. Anyway, I wanted to see those personally.
count me in

Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #100
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

I totally agree. The way they walk, and I love the way she says "You shouldn't have" to him. It was flirtaous, funny, and in a way sexy lol.

Closed Thread