The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #101
theLegend
Banned User

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

While not as overtly ****ty and sexy as Pfieffer's Catwoman ...

The delivery of "Hey ... When a girl's desperate"

Made me instantly want to throw up man soup in my boxers.

So sexy.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #102
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLegend View Post
While not as overtly ****ty and sexy as Pfieffer's Catwoman ...

Made me instantly want to throw up man soup in my boxers.

So sexy.

The whole Bruce/Selina masquerade ball had this effect.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #103
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

lol; I guess the bigger question is, did Bruce finally get "lucky" with Selina by the time Alfred saw him and her together at the cafe? =P

Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #104
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
lol; I guess the bigger question is, did Bruce finally get "lucky" with Selina by the time Alfred saw him and her together at the cafe? =P
eh,you think that is a question?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #105
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Or... Were Selene and Jen getting lucky before Selena and Bruce even got together?!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #106
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Love your signature, Cassandra Cain.
Why, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
This scene had me all giddy... so beautiful.

The two of them strutting together side by side-- A+ baby! Ironically my favorite shots of the two of them together is in the sewer. For as short a scene it is of them fighting side by side and working together, instant love. Idk why, but I loved that moment just before Selina traps Batman, where he jumps from where he is to walk beside her, the fangirl in me was screeching. And then she betrays him a second later...oh, Selina . And is it me, or did Bats reveal a little smirk in this scene above after she says, "You shouldn't have." I could've sworn he did!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #107
theLegend
Banned User

Quote:
What do you think he's doing with her in hotel rooms in Italy, my dude?

He's got Selina's legs over his shoulders 24/7

I mean you know he's hit it multiple times by the end. The tension all through out the film was palpable, then you got Bruce smiling a toothy genuine grin ...

And for the first time ever, he's wearing a PINK shirt.

If Bruce is emotionally recovered enough and confident enough to wear pink instead of black and navy blues as he usually does ... then it's really safe to assume Bruce has been in Selina's pink if you get my drift.

Last edited by theLegend; 08-21-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #108
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
as I have stated many times

between Bruce and Selina

mothers's(alive/deceased) jewellery can be passed to their son's wife/fiancee/partner and served as a symbol to confirm marriage or partnership

examples--Kate was given one of Diana's diamond rings(oval sapphire) from William for their engagement

My mother gave one of her diamond ring and necklace to my fiancee

that pearl necklace is a symbol/hint to indicate who will be Bruce's wife/ partner since the begining part of The Dark Knight rises

and at the end of movie-- there are pearl necklace on Selina's neck when she and Bruce were sitting in that cafe on the banks of Arno river near Florence

also, if we trace back to the begining part of this movie, Alfred clearly indicate that he's always hoping to see Bruce lives happily with wife(even kids),but he also stated "I won't say anything to you,nor would you"(both sides remain silence)

so Selina wearing Martha Wayne's pearl necklace is the best way to tell Alfred that she is Mrs Wayne now ---in order to fulfil Alfred's wish

-----------------

and you still questioning whether Bruce finally get "lucky" with Selina or not to this very day?

Last edited by rickfox; 08-21-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #109
theLegend
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
where he jumps from where he is to walk beside her, the fangirl in me was screeching.
I too particularly liked that scene.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #110
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or if she's found out what's really in his pants other than his wallet .

Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #111
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Who would've thought last summer that these set pics were for Bruce's happy fate? I honestly thought he hadn't got into make-up or costume yet. His wardrobe is so relaxed (I especially like his shoes-- seems so un-Bruce Wayne!). I guess the real, Happy Bruce Wayne finally came out. Now I want a pic of Anne's full dress of this scene. Where is it?!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #112
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

I mean you know he's hit it multiple times by the end. The tension all through out the film was palpable, then you got Bruce smiling a toothy genuine grin ...

If Bruce is emotionally recovered enough and confident enough to wear pink instead of black and navy blues as he usually does ... then it's really safe to assume Bruce has been in Selina's pink if you get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
as I have stated many times

between Bruce and Selina

mothers's(alive/deceased) jewellery can be passed to their son's wife/fiancee/partner and served as a symbol to confirm marriage or partnership

examples--Kate was given one of Diana's diamond rings(oval sapphire) from William for their engagement

My mother gave one of her diamond ring and necklace to my fiancee

that pearl necklace is a symbol/hint to indicate who will be Bruce's wife/ partner since the begining part of The Dark Knight rises

and at the end of movie-- there are pearl necklace on Selina's neck when she and Bruce were sitting in that cafe on the banks of Arno river near Florence

also, if we trace back to the begining part of this movie, Alfred clearly indicate that he's always hoping to see Bruce lives happily with wife(even kids),but he also stated "I won't say anything to you,nor would you"(both sides remain silence)

so Selina wearing Martha Wayne's pearl necklace is the best way to tell Alfred that she is Mrs Wayne now ---in order to fulfil Alfred's wish

-----------------

and you still questioning whether Bruce finally get "lucky" with Selina or not to this very day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1nolanfan View Post
Or if she's found out what's really in his pants other than his wallet .
lol; great points by all. It's still interesting to know that in this universe, there's kind of a age difference (at least by 10 years) between Bruce and Selina. I'm so used to seeing versions where they're portrayed roughly around the same age that it was a new experience seeing them presented where Bruce is like quite a bit older than Selina.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #113
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post

-----------------

I wonder if they now call each other Mr Wayne and Mrs Wayne, like those period English films. Aside from the dance where he says her full name, I don't think they've addressed each other as Bruce and Selina in the entire movie

Old 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #114
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
Who would've thought last summer that these set pics were for Bruce's happy fate? I honestly thought he hadn't got into make-up or costume yet. His wardrobe is so relaxed (I especially like his shoes-- seems so un-Bruce Wayne!). I guess the real, Happy Bruce Wayne finally came out. Now I want a pic of Anne's full dress of this scene. Where is it?!

They're wearing each other's colors in the comics. His muted purple shirt is the color of Catwoman's costume pre Darwyn Cooke while she's wearing a blue dress which is the color of Bats' costume in the Bronze Age.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #115
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Yeah, the delivery of the line and that smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
Or... Were Selene and Jen getting lucky before Selena and Bruce even got together?!
In my version they did.

I like the way she rides off in the batpod during the end segment when Batman lends it to her. In the novelisation it plays up to the angle of will she help out or has she just driven off with internal dialogue. "Giving up on her at last, he turned and vanished into the night." Also - "She raced across town, trying to outrun the doubts Batman had planted in her brain. The icy wind rushing past her face, and the speed and power with which the cycle handled, did little to soothe her turbulent thoughts. The roar of the engines failed to drown out the voices arguing at the back of her mind. How dare he put her on the spot like that? Who did he think he was? Who did she think she was?"

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #116
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol; great points by all. It's still interesting to know that in this universe, there's kind of a age difference (at least by 10 years) between Bruce and Selina. I'm so used to seeing versions where they're portrayed roughly around the same age that it was a new experience seeing them presented where Bruce is like quite a bit older than Selina.
True, but Selina is a very mature, strong, smart, and capable woman which probably makes Bruce attracted to her even more despite probably not being even 30 yet. If she was a normal girl and way younger than him that can't keep up with him (lol), I doubt he would have any interest like he really didn't with any of those models. To be honest though I feel like it's probably a little more like 8 or 9 years than 10, but I guess we can't really know for sure. No homo, but Bruce (Christian Bale) certainly hasn't age horribly expect for that beard at the beginning, so that's probably another reason why she got more attracted to him throughout the movie, lol. It kind of reminds me of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to be honest. There's a pretty big age gap between the two, but when I look at them they don't really look that far apart in age. Ok maybe Brad Pitt's age is catching up to him a bit, but still i probably won't complain too much if I end up looking like him at almost 50 lol.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #117
theLegend
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
They're wearing each other's colors in the comics. His muted purple shirt is the color of Catwoman's costume pre Darwyn Cooke while she's wearing a blue dress which is the color of Bats' costume in the Bronze Age.
Doubt that was intentional. Clearly a comic fanboy reading WAY too into it.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #118
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
It's a cool coincidence, though.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #119
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Yeah, that's what I usually fear as well. That's the reason why I stopped reading fanfics 8 years ago
Recently,however, I decided to read some.
Read those two, dunno if you're gonna like them or not, but you can give them a try. Would be interesting to hear your opinion about them.
This one is completed
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8360289/...in_the_Details
This one is ongoing - 3 chapters so far
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8358599/1/Pieces
Hmmm... Thanks. I gave it a try and read both. I liked the first one. Even if the premise of the story is good, I always lose interest if the grammar is bad but that one was well written. I didn't care for the Superman cross-over part but I liked how Selina and Bruce's relationship was portrayed there as well as how they are characterized. I didn't like the 2nd one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
This scene had me all giddy... so beautiful.

LOVE that shot so much. And that whole scene was just amazing. How it went from banter/flirting/teasing to something more heavy and emotional.

Quote:
Hah of course. Probably started right then and there the first time he revealed to her that he's alive.

Quote:

I'm going to give myself a self pat for predicting that scene to be part of the ending. Gotta give it to the production though. I'm amazed at how well they hid Anne. We got lots of pics of Bale and Caine but none of Anne. Haha those two probably loitered around to create a distraction so they can move Anne from one place to another.

But seriously... for all Selina's amazing fashion sense, why on earth did she allow Bruce to wear that shirt? Tsk, tsk.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #120
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
In my version they did.
I think Jen and Blake should hook up. They could share their pain of being both jilted. Cause you know Blake is totally fanboying on Bruce too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Yeah I doubt it was intentional but that's a very good coincidence.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #121
lostzilla
Side-Kick

Wow, i love Catwoman in Arkham City. Really awesome piece of art...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #122
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I think Jen and Blake should hook up. They could share their pain of being both jilted. Cause you know Blake is totally fanboying on Bruce too.
It's funny that you mention this. I was idly speculating about what a Blake movie would be like and I came to the same conclusion. Jen would toe the line between good and bad; basically she would be his Selina.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #123
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Another thing I enjoyed about Selina and Bruce in this film was how their arcs kind of mirrored one another's for a bit, as Bruce gets thrown in the prison right as Selina is getting thrown into Blackgate prison. And in a larger sense, Selina gets imprisoned in Bane's Gotham.

The guilt on her part had to have been tremendous. Which leads me to another question...was that shot of Selina looking all brooding in the back of the cop car from the prologue sizzle reel in the movie? I want to say it wasn't, but I'm not 100% sure.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #124
kvz5
HBIC

^ I thought it was missing too but I could be wrong.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #125
mao
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're probably right. Way too fangirly of me

This is from Lindy Hemming's interview

Quote:
CoF: So what was the intention behind Selina Kyle’s blue dress in the final Florence cafe scene? Moving on?

LH: Yes, something like that. She is now, like Bruce Wayne, living in the ‘normal’ world, and should look like any other holidaymaker in Italy. To her (Anne Hathaway) and myself, that kind of blue signifies happiness and has good connotations. Wish we had seen more of it, but it’s a mysterious scene

Closed Thread