The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #26
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
The thing is, those new characters would be completely irrelevant to the actual plot, 90% guaranteed. So you'd be cluttering up the story introducing plot elements that detract from giving attention to the actual focus of the story.

Anyway, there actually is an additional element of evidence against: the whole "he's adopted?" line in Avengers, which would make little sense if Thor himself were a bastard child. Nevermind the whole "at no point is Odin portrayed as a cheating bastard" problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
He could have hooked up with Gaea, dumped her and found Frigga later lol. Therefore he still wouldn't be a cheating bastard just sayin.
Well by all accounts, we don't know what the plot is exactly for "Dark World" other than Thor journeying through the nine realms, Loki facing the consequences of his actions on Earth, Thor getting closer to his father and to Jane....so you never know if they'll fit in the elder god Ancestry somewhere in the mix.

And plus, the character of "The Other", the one that Loki made his deal with who also promised that Thanos would severely punish Loki if he had failed..was based off of a elder God character in the MCU as well. If anything, they'd just have to introduce Thor's real mother, it would/could give something for Thor to further understand on what Loki may have felt like....and as far as I understand, Odin hooked up with Thor's real mother before marrying Frigga, and Frigga became Odin's wife, already knowing that Thor and Loki weren't her children. In the comics, her only real child with Odin as far as I know of is Balder

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Finally watched TCITW. Given the nature of the role, he was good. Looking forward to him adding some new aspects to the Thor character.

Joeyjojo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

You know, I think we have yet to see a fully enraged Thor meting out just punishment on a totally remorseless villain. Thor in full rage mode would be a very scary yet awesome thing to see indeed.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-23-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: I work for Belethor.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You know, I think we have yet to see a fully enraged Thor meting out just punishment on a totally remorseless villain. Thor in full rage mode would be a very scary yet awesome thing to see indeed.
**** yeah Godzilla2000, I think we'll see a scene like that in TTDW since Kurse has been confirmed as one of the villains.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #30
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
**** yeah Godzilla2000, I think we'll see a scene like that in TTDW since Kurse has been confirmed as one of the villains.
Would that include lightning shooting from his eyes and Thor looking all badass with Mjolnir arcing with electricity? That would be an awesome sight to see in live action for sure. I hope we see the breadth of Thor's powers in this movie. What with all that universal malevolence I'm sure it will push him to his limit and over the edge. A wrathful Thor might just give even Loki a pause (And wouldn't that be a delight to see the face of a shocked, terrified Loki watching on as his brother in rage mode is owning Kurse and having second thoughts about the whole brotherly jealousy thing.) because in the MCU I don't think Thor will have been as angry before as he will be in Thor 2.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 08-23-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: I work for Belethor.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

My problems with some of the writing from the comic book (not gonna name any fractions of names ) was that sometimes Thor was written like he is a dull warrior dude walking around and saying totally stupid lines. I don't like the some prejuctice him to be like that too. Sure, he is the warrior, but he is also supposed to be clever and wise in some things, since he is a few thousand years old already. As long as they won't go the smashing-things-and-saying-dull-lines thing in the movie, I am totally fine. I want him to be smart. Not like Tony, not tech-smart, but wise in acting. Ok, he was the rebeling brat in the first movie who had to be send to bootcamp earth, but that was his hot temper. I just hope they won't pic up the worst things from the comics so that people might think he is another brainless action hero. That's not how I personally see the character...

As for that adopted line in Avengers. I kinda felt that it was a bit out of character. Since Thor would say something like "he will be punished for his evil doings" or whatever, rather than pulling himself out of the family relationship with Loki. It's like saying, yeah he is his brother in good times, but if Loki kills just a few people he is only adopted. Kinda weird.

Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #32
BoredGuy
Killing Time

well, that line was just a joke.
If he didn't still feel Loki was family, he wouldn't have tried to reason with him at the end.

And don't be bashful about naming names, Fraction writes a horrible, brutish, hot-headed Thor. Basically, Fraction's concept of the character is "The Ultimate Jock frat-boy, with just a slight hint of nobility" It worked in Ages of Thunder, but only because those tales were set in different ragnarok cycles.

BoredGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #33
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Would that include lightning shooting from his eyes and Thor looking all badass with Mjolnir arcing with electricity? That would be an awesome sight to see in live action for sure. I hope we see the breadth of Thor's powers in this movie. What with all that universal malevolence I'm sure it will push him to his limit and over the edge. A wrathful Thor might just give even Loki a pause (And wouldn't that be a delight to see the face of a shocked, terrified Loki watching on as his brother in rage mode is owning Kurse and having second thoughts about the whole brotherly jealousy thing.) because in the MCU I don't think Thor will have been as angry before as he will be in Thor 2.
Seriously. I want him to cut loose.

And I want a have at thee

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Oh yes an unrestrained, Thor overcome by Warrior's rage would be completely awesome to see.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #35
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Quote:
Oh yes an unrestrained, Thor overcome by Warrior's rage would be completely awesome to see.
Indeed; though I'd like to see a scenario where he finds it within himself to stop his actions before he does something that he'll ultimately regret.

For example, let's say he's going into warrior madness when going up against a whole army of Dark Elves alone, and just as he's wiping them all out, he turns around to give the next blow only to stop as the person that he would have hit would have either been one of his comrades, or even a defenseless child Elf.

I'd like to see Thor develop that sense of control over his warrior madness, which is something that I think we saw a part of in his fight with the frost giants and how he somewhat neglected the safety of his friends.

Nevertheless...Thor should be allowed to cut loose, especially since neither Kurse or Malekeith have a personal background with him like Loki had, so Thor has no excuse for holding back against them.

Also, I kind of like on how Thor has been built up as this hero in the MCU who everyone knows that when things really get to chaotic on Earth for everyone else to handle that they can depend on Thor to come and help even the odds because by all accounts, Thor is like a trump card for the Avengers.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #36
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I've been wanting to see a live action scene like that ever since I saw Thor say "where. is. Ultron" in A:EMH.

Lightining surging from Thor's eyes lets you know that HE is the God of Thunder with OR without Mjolnir.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #37
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed; though I'd like to see a scenario where he finds it within himself to stop his actions before he does something that he'll ultimately regret.

For example, let's say he's going into warrior madness when going up against a whole army of Dark Elves alone, and just as he's wiping them all out, he turns around to give the next blow only to stop as the person that he would have hit would have either been one of his comrades, or even a defenseless child Elf.

I'd like to see Thor develop that sense of control over his warrior madness, which is something that I think we saw a part of in his fight with the frost giants and how he somewhat neglected the safety of his friends.

Nevertheless...Thor should be allowed to cut loose, especially since neither Kurse or Malekeith have a personal background with him like Loki had, so Thor has no excuse for holding back against them.

Also, I kind of like on how Thor has been built up as this hero in the MCU who everyone knows that when things really get to chaotic on Earth for everyone else to handle that they can depend on Thor to come and help even the odds because by all accounts, Thor is like a trump card for the Avengers.
Really? I got the sense that they made Hulk that character, and I don't think that was the right move -_-

Quote:
I've been wanting to see a live action scene like that ever since I saw Thor say "where. is. Ultron" in A:EMH.

Lightining surging from Thor's eyes lets you know that HE is the God of Thunder with OR without Mjolnir.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
YES

Old 08-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #38
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Really? I got the sense that they made Hulk that character, and I don't think that was the right move -_-

YES
I would say that both Hulk and Thor are obviously the big guns of the group, and that Thor is like the trump card while Hulk is like the wild one.lol

Plus, I always like the two scenes in "The Avengers" where we heard Fury saying on how even though they needed Thor's help that they couldn't reach him since he was world's away or how Widow had Fury bring Thor into Banner's lab when going there after hearing that Loki wanted to use the Hulk's rampage for his benefit...in a way, it definitely showed on how they were fully aware of what Thor brings to the table.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #39
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
I would say that both Hulk and Thor are obviously the big guns of the group, and that Thor is like the trump card while Hulk is like the wild one.lol

Plus, I always like the two scenes in "The Avengers" where we heard Fury saying on how even though they needed Thor's help that they couldn't reach him since he was world's away or how Widow had Fury bring Thor into Banner's lab when going there after hearing that Loki wanted to use the Hulk's rampage for his benefit...in a way, it definitely showed on how they were fully aware of what Thor brings to the table.
Oh yeah! Loved when Fury said that Thor was "worlds away". Just the sound of it was epic. The guy was literally worlds away, lol.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #40
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This is what i wanted in the avengers. I REALLY want to see some ranged lightning attacks on regular sized enemies. And more use of lightning. Hopefully more of his power will be explored since it is his second solo film

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #41
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
This is what i wanted in the avengers. I REALLY want to see some ranged lightning attacks on regular sized enemies. And more use of lightning. Hopefully more of his power will be explored since it is his second solo film
Yep, because the lightning attack used in Thor and Iron Man's fight was suprisingly lame in my opinion.

The lightning strike before he landed by that car in NYC and the Chrystler Building attack were pretty cool though.

Quote:

Hulk was clearly portrayed as the trump card of the group, no one in the GA paid attention Widow asking for Thor's help.

"Hulk kicked ass" <----- the GA's response to the Avengers

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 08-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #42
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yep, because the lightning attack used in Thor and Iron Man's fight was suprisingly lame in my opinion.

The lightning strike before he landed by that car in NYC and the Chrystler Building attack were pretty cool though.

Hulk was clearly portrayed as the trump card of the group, no one in the GA paid attention Widow asking for Thor's help.

"Hulk kicked ass" <----- the GA's response to the Avengers
Yeah, which I am not exactly thrilled about.

As far as I am concerned,

A guy who's strength isn't too far off from Hulk's, who can fly, who can physically take a beating, who can manipulate weather and summon lightning, with 1000 years of battle experience>>>>>>>>>>>a Being with extreme Brute strength in terms of the "trump card" IMO.

if there was an alien invasion or some giant creature attacked the world, Thor would be the one I would depend on, not Hulk

as many people have said, strength can only take you so far, and we will see that when Thanos comes in (though physically, Thanos still gives hulk a beating in my humble opinion)

Old 08-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #43
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah, which I am not exactly thrilled about.

As far as I am concerned,

A guy who's strength isn't too far off from Hulk's, who can fly, who can physically take a beating, who can manipulate weather and summon lightning, with 1000 years of battle experience>>>>>>>>>>>a Being with extreme Brute strength in terms of the "trump card" IMO.

if there was an alien invasion or some giant creature attacked the world, Thor would be the one I would depend on, not Hulk

as many people have said, strength can only take you so far, and we will see that when Thanos comes in (though physically, Thanos still gives hulk a beating in my humble opinion)
Yeah it doesn't really make sense but Hulk's the most popular character and Marvel seems to like him more than Thor.

So that's just the way it is, we're just gonna have to accept that.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #44
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Yeah it doesn't really make sense but Hulk's the most popular character and Marvel seems to like him more than Thor.

So that's just the way it is, we're just gonna have to accept that.
Yet the irony of all of this is that Thor's getting another solo film and is the only marvel hero to have been featured in three films back to back.lol

If anything, in regards to the Hulk, I think that Joss's intent was to just get the Hulk back on track with the GA and with fans, but I don't think that he's necessarily more popular than Thor.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #45
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yet the irony of all of this is that Thor's getting another solo film and is the only marvel hero to have been featured in three films back to back.lol

If anything, in regards to the Hulk, I think that Joss's intent was to just get the Hulk back on track with the GA and with fans, but I don't think that he's necessarily more popular than Thor.
Nah he is and he was clearly set up to be the "best part" of the Avengers.

Oh and yes with the GA Hulk is MILES ahead of Thor in terms of popularity, especially after The Avengers.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Nah he is and he was clearly set up to be the "best part" of the Avengers.

Oh and yes with the GA Hulk is MILES ahead of Thor in terms of popularity, especially after The Avengers.
Well let's hope that "Thor 2" changes that.lol Seriously, with all that Thor can do, with who's involved in the cast, with the stories that they can tell and the villains and characters from Thor's arsenal that they can show..honestly, only lazy and crude efforts would be to blame if Thor isn't more popular after Thor 2.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #47
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Well let's hope that "Thor 2" changes that.lol Seriously, with all that Thor can do, with who's involved in the cast, with the stories that they can tell and the villains and characters from Thor's arsenal that they can show..honestly, only lazy and crude efforts would be to blame if Thor isn't more popular after Thor 2.
Clearly, I know MS likes to tone down their characters but the GA wants to see what makes these characters so "super".

Because at the rate their going no one in the GA is going to be too impressed with MCU Thor's abilities.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #48
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I just want to see PICS about now.lol

....to every King.

if the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #49
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Clearly, I know MS likes to tone down their characters but the GA wants to see what makes these characters so "super".

Because at the rate their going no one in the GA is going to be too impressed with MCU Thor's abilities.
Which is why hope it is relatively clear that Kurse is the most physically opposing being he has ever fought. I mean, movie Hulk is not WWH, or WB, or any Hulk like that. So Kurse should be noticeably more powerful/stronger than we've seen Hulk or Thor.

And when Surtur comes into play. I really hope at that point he is the be all end all of villains we have seen in the MCU. Even over Thanos witohut the IG. Though Surtur>>>Thanos, hopefully it stays like that.

It probably will, with whatever story the tell with Surtur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I just want to see PICS about now.lol
seriously hahah

Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #50
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Which is why hope it is relatively clear that Kurse is the most physically opposing being he has ever fought. I mean, movie Hulk is not WWH, or WB, or any Hulk like that. So Kurse should be noticeably more powerful/stronger than we've seen Hulk or Thor.

And when Surtur comes into play. I really hope at that point he is the be all end all of villains we have seen in the MCU. Even over Thanos witohut the IG. Though Surtur>>>Thanos, hopefully it stays like that.

It probably will, with whatever story the tell with Surtur.
What does this have to do with Thor himself being more impressive?

Spider-Man - Hear what?