Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Ego: The Dark World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Sentient planets?

God no. Hated similar concepts like that Galactus crap from FF and whatever that poop thing was in GL. These huge colossal planet devouring things aren't nearly as fun as a true bad ass villain the protagonist can have an actual one-on-one fight with.

Happy with Malekith & Kurse.
Totally different though. I can see it as a planet, not living in the sense that that cloud was. But a planet that randomly has earthquakes, natural disasters, volcanic eruptions, sort of aiming them at things. Sort of living in the sense that a venus fly trap does.

I could see that working, atleast if Malekith and Kurse work their way into it. and for the part of your comment I bolded. Congrats, you just have me the best laugh of my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Dude, Thor's fight with Kurse better be SUPER epic and destructive as ****!
oh it better be

BT, everytime I come to the Thor: Dark World forums, when I look at like 4 of the threads, almost everytime, the most recent poster I see is either BigThor or jaqua99 lol

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Dude, Thor's fight with Kurse better be SUPER epic and destructive as ****!
Well so far the only true heavyweight, heavy-hitting massive destruction knock down drag out fight we've seen has been Hulk/Abomination. It's about time we get another.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Planet-munching gas clouds aren't the same thing as sentient planets. Again, it's like Pandora from Avatar, only evil.

And I'm really, really not feeling *just* Malekith and Kurse....there has to be more. There's nothing cinematic or even remotely threatening about fey Dark Elves prancing around the God of Thunder. Kurse and the Dark Elves were a boring cakewalk in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and they will be in this movie, too, if there's not something significantly more menacing to close the deal in the end.
Malekith has served as an agent of Surtur in the past, which leads me to believe this film could build up to Ragnarok in Thor III.

That would be the "something more" imo.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Well so far the only true heavyweight, heavy-hitting massive destruction knock down drag out fight we've seen has been Hulk/Abomination. It's about time we get another.
Kurse is more powerful than Abomination, so I definitely could see it happening.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #30
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Kurse is more powerful than Abomination or basically any Hulk. I am expecting, movie Kurse, to be the physically strongest character we have met in the MCU. He has to be.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #31
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

think they could/would/should retcon Ego to predate the universe?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #32
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
think they could/would/should retcon Ego to predate the universe?
Possibly.
But I'm leaning now towards the retcon being for Surtur, who's pretty much been around since the dawn of time....they may rewrite that to make Surtur be around before the universe began. Which would simplify the storyline somewhat, and continue to pay homage to Simonson (who seems to be the guidestone for this film).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

yeah ^ right there sam, basically summarizing what I was trying to say in the other thread lol. Funny, you are able to take what I was saying, and word it in a much clearer, legible way than I could. Well, communication is my lacking skill apparently lol

Old 10-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #34
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Possibly.
But I'm leaning now towards the retcon being for Surtur, who's pretty much been around since the dawn of time....they may rewrite that to make Surtur be around before the universe began. Which would simplify the storyline somewhat, and continue to pay homage to Simonson (who seems to be the guidestone for this film).
Which I love by the way

double post

Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Simonson is my favorite Thor writer of all time bar non, so I'm super stoked that one of his stories is being used for T:TDW.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 10-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Simson is my favorite Thor writer of all time bar non, so I'm super stoked that one of his stories is being used for T:TDW.
Agreed. I think it will be hard to find a thor fan who differs from that opinion.

Ever since the announcement of Malekith, I started that whole run over, put it on my ipod, and yeahhhhhh

Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #37
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think it's worth bringing this back up. For a couple reasons in the new trailer:

1. the sequence we see Thor struggling in battle against Malekith. Are they on a dangerous planet that is trying to destroy them?
2. the snippit on Earth? where a black landmass-type material falls from the sky. Is Ego sicked upon Midgard?
3. Odin says "darkness has survived." Few of Thor's villains could match this description.

In that, I think we can assume safely that Ego wouldn't be purple but probably black. And it would be a logical reason to bring Jane to Asgard to protect her. Its also a reason he'd need Loki's help.

Also, what with IM3's 4+ villains and CA:TWS's 4+ villains, it would seem Malekith and Algrim might not be alone in their endeavor.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 04-23-2013 at 04:26 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #38
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'm not familiar with this Ego planet thing.. but is it similar to the Island in Life of Pi? but like essentially on super steroids?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #39
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Well, in the comics Ego is actually alive. Like, sentient I mean. He has a face and a brain and all that. He's near to the level of Galactus power-wise. Until Galactus tried to eat him.

But if he was in this, I doubt he'd be much of a conversationalist I also doubt he'd have a literal face. Maybe just a sentient, black moon-sized planet. Whose surface is actively torrential and dangerous. And as a final note, he has ties to The Collector in recent comics, who is reportedly joining the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #40
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I can see Ego being in this film, but to be honest I don't see how they'd be able to keep it under wraps this long. However, I'd love for him to be in it though, for the fact that it would make this film more cosmic and Thor's power level will have to be off the charts.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
I can see Ego being in this film, but to be honest I don't see how they'd be able to keep it under wraps this long. However, I'd love for him to be in it though, for the fact that it would make this film more cosmic and Thor's power level will have to be off the charts.
Mandarin was under wraps until comic con last year right? I mean, thats not quite the same, but Ego probably won't even need a real voice actor, let alone real actor. I think it's totally possible. We might not even see him in future trailers. Might not know for sure til the film is released.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #42
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Mandarin was under wraps until comic con last year right? I mean, thats not quite the same, but Ego probably won't even need a real voice actor, let alone real actor. I think it's totally possible. We might not even see him in future trailers. Might not know for sure til the film is released.
Yeah I was just saying, but hey if they pulled him off well and he fits the story then more power to him. I already to you the reasons why I think it would be awesome if he's in the film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #43
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Yeah I was just saying, but hey if they pulled him off well and he fits the story then more power to him. I already to you the reasons why I think it would be awesome if he's in the film.
Totally. And they are great reasons. If they tie into GotG or not, and no matter what, it'll make Thor look like a badass.

And I still think he will be powered by the space gem...

but maybe I'm getting too far fetched.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #44
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Totally. And they are great reasons. If they tie into GotG or not, and no matter what, it'll make Thor look like a badass.

And I still think he will be powered by the space gem...

but maybe I'm getting too far fetched.
Not really, I could totally see Malekith being powered by the space gem. Everytime he uses his powers there is a red glow and it could explain how he's able to give Thor a good match.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #45
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Not really, I could totally see Malekith being powered by the space gem. Everytime he uses his powers there is a red glow and it could explain how he's able to give Thor a good match.
Oh actually I meant Ego, and the glow would be purple. Lol. but yeah, we'll see.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #46
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Oh actually I meant Ego, and the glow would be purple. Lol. but yeah, we'll see.
Ego's already a living planet so I don't think he needs a power up, but Malekith on the other hand surely would.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #47
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

hmm I guess it's something I'd have to see on screen because I don't really understand it haha..

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #48
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Ego's already a living planet so I don't think he needs a power up, but Malekith on the other hand surely would.
I feel like Ego's origin is kind of ambiguous. Like, I think he's one of Thor's top ten villains/threats, but I still can't honestly say I know where he came from. Why not tie it in with the Space Gem? I think that'd be really cool. Not that he is Ego the Living Planet, superpowered by an infinity gem, he's a regular planet made alive by an infinity gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
hmm I guess it's something I'd have to see on screen because I don't really understand it haha..
This is all you need to know

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 04-23-2013 at 05:36 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #49
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I feel like Ego's origin is kind of ambiguous. Like, I think he's one of Thor's top ten villains/threats, but I still can't honestly say I know where he came from. Why not tie it in with the Space Gem? I think that'd be really cool. Not that he is Ego the Living Planet, superpowered by an infinity gem, he's a regular planet made alive by an infinity gem.
Oh yeah that could definately work, I'd give Ego the space gem to come alive and Malekith the power gem for a huge power boost.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #50
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:

This is all you need to know
It just seems silly and non-threatening to me.. but then again that's the world of comics and sci-fi in general i guess.. But hey I'm willing to try anything once, never been big into the comic/sci-fi genre, so bring it on!