The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Fight Club

Old 12-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Default Out of 5 fights how many times can Nightwing defeat Batman?

Does Nightwing lose all five times or can he beat Batman a couple of times?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
raybia
Signing off

Default Re: Out of 5 fights how many times can Nightwing defeat Batman?

Zero

Thanks Hype for the memories!
raybia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Zero

Old 12-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
bullets
bang bang

I wouldn't underestimate Nightwing that much, I'd say he wins once after being beaten by Batman two or three times, then Batman wins again.

Nightwing -1
Batman-4

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:43 AM   #5
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty

I think that Nightwing would probably lose every match.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
RobinsYfronts
Banned User

Batman 5-0 Nightfail

RobinsYfronts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
larryfilmmaker
nerd herder

The Nightwing who has been Batman, has led the Titans, has held his own against Deathstroke, etc should be able to beat Batman once in a while.

Batman is an amazing character, but fans never cease to risk ruining him by giving him God-status simply because they like him so much.

Which makes no sense considering them don't like Superman because he's "over powered" and isn't interesting because he always wins.

Le sigh.

I guess comics are like high school. You can be ridiculous and hypocritical, but as long as you're popular, nobody cares.

Bruce takes the majority, but Dick catches a few on the old man.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Oh please, Bruce Wayne is the far better martial artist/fighter. There's no debate. You could claim that it's fan bias but the fact remains that Bruce Wayne has accomplished more feats in the hand-to-hand combat department than Dick Grayson could ever dream of owning.

It's nothing against Nightwing, but I don't see Bruce losing to Dick.

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

None. Batman owns Nightwing.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Keep in mind, while Dick is considered to be more athletic and agile, Bruce is smarter, stronger and more skilled. Grayson also has to overcome the master-pupil psychological effect (Wayne trained him after all), and Batman's 'personality profile' on him too. Bruce would know all of Nightwing's tactics.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
larryfilmmaker
nerd herder

Look. Here's why these are impossible discussions to have:

Pretend you're writing a story. Batman is the main character. The main villain is Jason Todd.

You have only about 3 different things you could do with Dick Grayson and Tim Drake. None of them involve having them beat Todd, because that would downplay the threat he poses against Bruce. You will more likely choose (or be told to) to have Todd beat both Drake and Grayson, so that his final show down with Bruce (where he will clearly lose) will have more meaning.

Batman is a super popular character. Like Superman, Wolverine, Captain America, etc. There are going to be literally THOUSANDS of examples where he (and those other characters) all won fights he couldn't possibly have won. Where he (and those other characters) constantly had a story rigged to make him the better man. His name is a BRAND. OF COURSE you will NEVER be able to compare "feats" between somebody like Batman and somebody like Nightwing or any other lesser known character. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that any situation would ever suggest otherwise and it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with how physically or mentally powerful a character really is or is not. Their victories are rigged. Their stories positioned to have ONE person be the top dog. It's written to keep fans happy more so than it is to tell great or realistic stories. And that's okay.

So in that world, OF COURSE Nightwing would never beat up Batman.

But pretending those politics and popularity contests do not exist, and that you are going purely on storytelling and acting as though these fantastic characters could, for one second, be plausible and treated in a realistic way, then YES, Dick Grayson, the younger fighter who has also seen a crap load of action, could feasibly defeat his older (and perhaps more gifted) mentor on any single day. It could go either way between both men. Sometimes the smaller guy wins, but usually it's the bigger guy. That is how fights work.

And a gun could beat them both.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #12
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

*snort*

You forgot about prep time.

Noob!

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #13
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfilmmaker View Post

Pretend you're writing a story. Batman is the main character. The main villain is Jason Todd.

You have only about 3 different things you could do with Dick Grayson and Tim Drake. None of them involve having them beat Todd, because that would downplay the threat he poses against Bruce. You will more likely choose (or be told to) to have Todd beat both Drake and Grayson, so that his final show down with Bruce (where he will clearly lose) will have more meaning.

Batman is a super popular character. Like Superman, Wolverine, Captain America, etc. There are going to be literally THOUSANDS of examples where he (and those other characters) all won fights he couldn't possibly have won. Where he (and those other characters) constantly had a story rigged to make him the better man. His name is a BRAND. OF COURSE you will NEVER be able to compare "feats" between somebody like Batman and somebody like Nightwing or any other lesser known character. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that any situation would ever suggest otherwise and it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with how physically or mentally powerful a character really is or is not. Their victories are rigged. Their stories positioned to have ONE person be the top dog. It's written to keep fans happy more so than it is to tell great or realistic stories. And that's okay.

But pretending those politics and popularity contests do not exist, and that you are going purely on storytelling and acting as though these fantastic characters could, for one second, be plausible and treated in a realistic way, then YES, Dick Grayson, the younger fighter who has also seen a crap load of action, could feasibly defeat his older (and perhaps more gifted) mentor on any single day. It could go either way between both men. Sometimes the smaller guy wins, but usually it's the bigger guy. That is how fights work.

You'll find that is called PIS (plot induced stupidity). Pretty much all comic book stories have that.

But when you do these fights you go by feats and their abilities that are presented on a consistent level. You just ignore all the plot armour and plot induced stupidity.

So for this fight i think Nightwing takes at least 2 or 3 of these fights. He's a younger, fitter, more athletic version of Bruce, basically. Without prep or gadgets, just a straight up fight, I think Grayson does well.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #14
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfilmmaker View Post

Then why have these discussions?

Iron Man ain't **** without his suit and Superman would get his ass handed to him via space green rock, point?

Now, you could attribute the decision to declare Bruce Wayne as the superior fighter to popularity but the fact remains, while Dick Grayson is the younger and more athletic hero between the two, Bruce remains the stronger fighter and smarter hero. Nightwing can't beat Batman. I just don't see it happening until Bruce is walking around with an oxygen tank.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I'd say Nightwing could beat Batman at least one time. Batman is the s**t and all but sometimes I feel like folks put him up on too high a pedestal.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #16
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

All of them. Bruce would stand down. No, Bruce and Dick don't get into real fights, no matter what Frank Miller says.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
Aesculapius
Side-Kick

2.5 out of 5. They are fighters from the same textbook and Dick has grown up. They have diverged in paths and have their own tricks enough to keep each other on their toes. Bruce has experience and Dick has youth. Ultimately given their shared background I call them equals.

Though Batman always wins in cool points.

Aesculapius is offline   Reply With Quote