The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 08-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #76
Adamantium
Your King

Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
One thing I'm really looking forward to get some input on is if the spearhead shot was also "censored" from the prints of this re-expanded release.
Can you elaborate on what you're referring to? Thanks.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #77
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Cheers, I've been doing the same!
Awesome

Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #78
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
I just looooooove rewatching the scenes I love, every day! I love how Cap was having trouble with that one dude with the gun on the Helicarrier for quite some time until Iron Man came to the rescue.
I actually think that moment is my one main nitpick with the movie. I feel like that scene should've been the scene where Cap did something great that fully earned Stark's respect, bridging that little gap between "You're a lab experiment, Rogers" and "Call it, Captain."

Yeah, Coulson's death pushes them to put aside their differences and work together, but that layer of respect could've been reinforced I think. Just as Stark earns that extra respect from Cap with his sacrificial move.

Just a small critique. I hate to say anything negative about it since it's by far my favorite superhero movie and I'm so in love with it, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #79
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

-dubz-

Last edited by Son of Coul; 08-31-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #80
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Dont forget to post awesome screencaps when you get the movie guys!!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #81
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Iron Man did refer to him as Captain earlier.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #82
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I actually think that moment is my one main nitpick with the movie. I feel like that scene should've been the scene where Cap did something great that fully earned Stark's respect, bridging that little gap between "You're a lab experiment, Rogers" and "Call it, Captain."
I see what you mean (and he was called "Captain" before by Stark) but I actually loved that scene more because it showed that even the standard 'disposable' bad guy can be a threat so he's not simply a 'redshirt' (well, not until Stark tackled him ), but I get what you mean.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #83
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

My theater didn't pick up the re-release. If anyone goes, report back on noticeable differences in the after-credits or elsewhere!

Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #84
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You may have to go to a large city to find a showing if you live like in a suburb or something. My closest one is downtown Chicago.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #85
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Can you elaborate on what you're referring to? Thanks.
Some vartions of the movie have the point of Loki's spear edited out when it goes through Phil's chest

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #86
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You may have to go to a large city to find a showing if you live like in a suburb or something. My closest one is downtown Chicago.
Yeah I'm surprised our theaters brought it back down here! I know a few northern burbs will have it.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Last edited by Vartha; 08-31-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #87
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Some vartions of the movie have the point of Loki's spear edited out when it goes through Phil's chest
Why exactly?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #88
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well blood and guts type of thing. Basically to keep ratings down
The Incredible Hulk was edited that way too, in the "You don't deserve this power" scene. They zoomed in on Hulk and Abomination during the elbow in the chest scene.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #89
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

So the US blu-ray is going to untouched?

Old 08-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #90
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So Whedon said he doesn't think Avengers is a great film. So here we go .

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #91
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Joss Whedon Talks All Things Marvel: The Avengers 2, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Show, and Cut Scenes
By Kyle Buchanan

It's been quite a year for Joss Whedon: Not only has his The Avengers become the third-biggest blockbuster ever, but Whedon also found the time to squeeze in a low-budget take on William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, and the movie will be premiering soon at the Toronto Film Festival. Whedon spoke to Vulture today in a frank, funny conversation to tout Much Ado, and we'll have plenty more for you on that film next week, but in the meantime, we had to ask Whedon about all things Marvel, since there have been some major developments on that front recently. Read on for his first remarks on these subjects.

Some deleted scenes from The Avengers have found their way online this week, and I was particularly struck by the wraparound sequence that was cut from the film, where Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders) tells the movie's story in flashback and starts things up in a much more moody way. What made you decide to cut it?
Two factors. One: The movie was three hours long. Two: Audiences didn't respond to it as well in the movie as I think they would as a DVD extra. Most of them didn't know who this character was or what the context was, and they were like, Uhhh, I don't know why I'm supposed to be personally involved in this character I don't know. The rollout to the Avengers getting to Loki was so gradual that people were getting restless. I thought Cobie nailed it, and the reason I thought it was necessary is because I was trying to make a war movie and I wanted to give context that something bad had happened in the past. In a war movie, you don't know who's going to live or die, but you do know that this war happened and that [the characters] are going to be in a dire circumstance, and I wanted to create that atmosphere.

I was able to get what I needed without doing that. It was tough. I hated cutting it. I hated cutting the Captain America stuff with the waitress. At least I was able to call Ashley Johnson [who plays the waitress] and tell her that all her stuff was still in Much Ado About Nothing, since she had been cut out of Dollhouse, she had been cut out of The Avengers: "I swear you're still in the Shakespeare movie!" You know, those bits had seemed very personal to me, and part of doing Much Ado was that I could go back to The Avengers and say, "Oh, it's not about me. Even though its my film, it's about the Avengers. I am less important than the needs of the film."

You've always had an ardent fan base, thanks to Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse, but now you've made one of the biggest movies of all-time, a film that almost everyone on earth has seen. Has that sunk in?
It never really has, but when it does, I'm going to become such an enormous dick. [Laughs.] I'm going to have a personal dog polisher and the biggest posse ever. I'm going to be insufferable well, I mean more insufferable than I already am. You know, at some point, the numbers become meaningless. They're large, and you can't really count that high. I felt like I had a particular mission in making what I felt was a slightly old-fashioned movie, because I grew up wanting to make summer movies and wanting to make superhero movies, and I got to do both at once. I felt like summer movies haven't been what I remember them to be, so I felt like I would love to evoke something that's less hip and ironic and more heartfelt and character-driven, and apparently, other people cared about that in a large way.

I don't think it's a perfect movie. I don't even think it's a great movie. I think it's a great time, and I'm proud of it, but for me, what was exciting is that people don't go to see a movie that many times unless it's pulling on something from within, unless there's a need there. That's very gratifying.

You appeared to be, at least publicly, somewhat on the fence about returning for the Avengers sequel. And now you've committed to much more than just that movie: You're going to be working for Marvel for three years, with creative input on their other projects and a TV show in the works, too. What changed?
It was part of what made it attractive to me. I loved the idea of being a consigliere. Every writer loves the idea of being able to go in and fix a problem and then leave without obligation. It's fun! I also love these characters and the Marvel universe, and I grew up reading the books, and I've been going back and reading the old books and realizing that they shaped my storytelling way more than I give them credit for. Now I'm starting up a TV show, which is something I really wanted to do, but I thought it wasn't going to be a part of my life for the next several years. It's like a tapas menus of projects that excite me, in addition to the Avengers sequel, which I'm excited for because I'm incredibly excited about the next story that I'm going to tell. For me, it's a huge win.

It is unbelievably daunting, especially because I don't want to lose sight of all the other things I have on my docket and in my heart. So, it's going to be an insane few years, but I feel ready for that. It's an unholy amount of productivity, but as long as I give it all I can, it's a good thing. What's great is that the deal with Marvel is nonspecific, so I will give all I can, but the moment I can't, I just walk away. The moment I say, "You know, I'd like to help more on this project, but I need this time for The Avengers," there's no obligation. It's not like, "You must spend this amount of time on this movie." It's as much as it needs to be.

It was just announced that you're co-writing a TV series set in Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. organization, and you may direct the pilot, schedule permitting. After all the network conflicts you've had with your other shows, how does it feel to finally be working on a project that may very well get the biggest promotional push of any TV show ever and will most likely not air on a Friday?
[Laughs.] You know, I can't guarantee that any of that will happen! But so far, it feels just fine. The important thing to me is that we know what the show is. We love what it is. It came together very organically, so when we went in to pitch [to Marvel], it wasn't like, We're trying to find this because you want a TV show, it was, Check this out. And that's a good way to walk in a room.

Good support is wonderful, but it's not a hill of beans, because they may give us all this support and then decide, "Eh. Yeah, it's Friday." They might give us all the support and then not do that, but then audiences might go, "Yeahhh no." You just can't be sure. What I do know is that it's the show it should be, and we've got some really dope notions. It's going to work very well for people who either love the Marvel universe or for people who've never dipped a toe in the Marvel universe.
http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/joss-...witter_vulture

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #92
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So the US blu-ray is going to untouched?
I would hope it's not edited out. I mean HERE the movie is still pg13 with it IN.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #93
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

hehehe

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #94
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

^ lol

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #95
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

LOL! They're mischievously delicious!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #96
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Just realized that when they're heading for NY Cap asks Widow if she can fly one of those jets. But she just flew him to Germany in one a few scenes earlier. Goof, or am I missing something obvious?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #97
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Yeah that's a goof.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #98
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Just realized that when they're heading for NY Cap asks Widow if she can fly one of those jets. But she just flew him to Germany in one a few scenes earlier. Goof, or am I missing something obvious?
He asked Widow or Hawkeye? Can't remember

DyeLorean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #99
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

So was there anything new after the credits for the re-release?

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #100
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I just came back from seeing it and there was nothing new on my end...

Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote